BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 150
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 6:15:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

I watched the prequels in the theater as a kid, it would be nice to see the OT in theaters also.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
Originally Posted By AR-1904:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/168740/88FA48D7-BF36-487C-BDB0-F80C4D3E500A_png-3165706.JPG

https://www.starwars.com/news/skywalker-saga-marathon

Click To View Spoiler

Would have been nice going into that blind. :(

I might go see that Star Wars Marathon but will definitely be leaving before the force awakens starts.

I watched the prequels in the theater as a kid, it would be nice to see the OT in theaters also.

I only saw ESB, ROTJ, TPM, TCW and ROS as well as the sequel trilogy in the theaters. I was too young to see ANH. I'd love to see the original three and the prequels in the theater. The sequel trilogy don't interest me because they suck.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:39:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:44:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Why is Andor getting a DVD release but season 7 of TCW and none of the Bad Batch are?
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:41:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll give the Acolyte a chance, but I do not have high hopes at all.

There's a ton of speculation online that there's a sequel coming post-Bad Batch that will feature Rex, Gregor and Wolfe leading a clone rebellion. There's certainly direction of that in the current season, so here's hoping we get more.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:23:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Why is Andor getting a DVD release but season 7 of TCW and none of the Bad Batch are?
View All Quotes

Dunno. But physical media is where it’s at.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 1:28:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By RSG:

This is what's doing your Star Wars now lmao

https://facts.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/38-facts-about-leslye-headland-1690656462.jpg
View Quote

Its gay
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 2:26:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Just watched last week's episode. Fennec Shand is still annoying as fuck. The sad thing is I thought she was a cool character when she was first introduced. Ever since Book of Boba Fett I can't stand her.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#8]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/168740/1F1FB16C-A5F2-429F-BAB5-86AF1CFCC97E_jpe-3167045.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/168740/1F1FB16C-A5F2-429F-BAB5-86AF1CFCC97E_jpe-3167045.JPG

Watched em on my cousins big screen VHS back in the day
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Just watched last week's episode. Fennec Shand is still annoying as fuck. The sad thing is I thought she was a cool character when she was first introduced. Ever since Book of Boba Fett I can't stand her.
View Quote

Still cooler than the Martez sisters (although that's not saying much).

I do agree - the character is pretty one-dimensional, even for a Star Wars character...
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:

I do agree - the character is pretty one-dimensional, even for a Star Wars character...
View All Quotes

I dislike the Martez sisters, the chick Sykes plays and Fennec Shand. They're all equally terrible.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:30:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:26:24 AM EDT
[#12]

FUCKING NEPOTISM!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:59:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Well that wasn't so bad
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:19:09 AM EDT
[#14]
lol
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:30:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Seems like something that is made up, but this is clown world, so...
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Why The Acolyte Is Dividing Star Wars Fans (Yes, It's Happening Again)

And to save you a click...

"There's an undercurrent of racism and misogyny among some complaints, which is truly saddening to see."

(Entire article at link)
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:

"There's an undercurrent of racism and misogyny among some complaints, which is truly saddening to see."

(Entire article at link)
View Quote
shocked i tell you.   bringing out the same lines of attacks that haven't worked in the past.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
shocked i tell you.   bringing out the same lines of attacks that haven't worked in the past.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/beathorse-20.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By metalsaber:

(Entire article at link)

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/beathorse-20.gif

The Simpsons - Stop he's already dead HD
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:53:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Someone I was wondering about from ANH...

When the bartender threw the droids out of the Most Eisley cantina, did his reaction to them ever get explained? Why did he care that much about R2D2 and C3PO?

The only thing I can think of is that he still carried a grudge from something involving the Trade Federation droid army.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By centrarchidae:

When the bartender threw the droids out of the Most Eisley cantina, did his reaction to them ever get explained? Why did he care that much about R2D2 and C3PO?

The only thing I can think of is that he still carried a grudge from something involving the Trade Federation droid army.
View Quote

Yes, some people still hold a grudge against droids due to their heavy usage by the Separatist Army. It's one of those throwaway lines that they created tons of lore from.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:38:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Yes, some people still hold a grudge against droids due to their heavy usage by the Separatist Army. It's one of those throwaway lines that they created tons of lore from.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By centrarchidae:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Wuher

Having lost his parents to battle droids during the Clone Wars, he strongly disliked droids and installed a droid detector in the cantina to keep them out. Despite this, Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi entered with the droids C-3PO and R2-D2. Upon noticing their presence, he ordered that the droids would have to wait outside because he didn't serve their kind
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:01:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: happycynic] [#22]
This week's episode was surprisingly good.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:06:34 AM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

You can find 4k scans of the theatrical releases, unedited.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:49:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

You can find 4k scans of the theatrical releases, unedited.
View Quote

I watched the unedited 4K scan of Star Wars with my son tonight. It's grainy and has all the film artifacts and lines just like when it hit theaters in 1977. It was weird watching it like that after all these years of special editions and bluray. I prefer this original unedited version by far. Search for 4K77 if you're interested.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:10:51 AM EDT
[#25]
I've got the despecialized Harmy trilogy on bluray. I haven't watched the special edition vandalized editions in 20 years. They're a crime against culture.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By happycynic:
This week's episode was surprisingly good.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I thought so too.

Click To View Spoiler
There's only 7 episodes left, so I'm curious to see where they go from here and when they'll pick the Dr. Hemlock storyline back up. A lot of Star Wars YouTubers think there's another animated series that will follow this and keep the story moving. I don't think anything has been announced though.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:01:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By DollopLobber:
I watched the unedited 4K scan of Star Wars with my son tonight. It's grainy and has all the film artifacts and lines just like when it hit theaters in 1977. It was weird watching it like that after all these years of special editions and bluray. I prefer this original unedited version by far. Search for 4K77 if you're interested.
View Quote
I have the Star Wars Trilogy: The Definitive Collection laserdisc boxed set.  At 30 years old, it's probably the best version of the original trilogy ever released.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:22:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Rumor: Lucasfilm Insider Predicts Leslye Headland’s ‘Star Wars: The Acolyte’ Is Done After Its 1st Season

An alleged insider at Lucasfilm claims that Leslye Headland’s upcoming Star Wars series, The Acolyte, will not get a second season.  This insider informed That Park Place, “Leslye Headland’s The Acolyte is DoA. Unless there’s a miracle of ratings, this is a one-and-done proposition.”

He explained, “It looks to me like John Knoll is no longer going to be actively meeting with Headland to collaborate on S2.”  For those unfamiliar with Knoll, he is the Executive Creative Director and Senior VFX Supervisor at Industrial Light & Magic.

Not only did the insider claim the series was done after a single season, but he also claimed that Disney is viewing those reacting negatively to the trailer are “aggressive trolls.”  The insider shared, “For now the negative reaction for the trailer is being labeled as aggressive trolls irrelevant to the market.”

(more at link)
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:37:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By DollopLobber:

View Quote

It would be neat to have a quality 4k projector and a screen to project it on.

About as close as you could get to seeing it as it was.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:04:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Yay! Ventress!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:52:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Rumor: Lucasfilm Insider Predicts Leslye Headland’s ‘Star Wars: The Acolyte’ Is Done After Its 1st Season

An alleged insider at Lucasfilm claims that Leslye Headland’s upcoming Star Wars series, The Acolyte, will not get a second season.  This insider informed That Park Place, “Leslye Headland’s The Acolyte is DoA. Unless there’s a miracle of ratings, this is a one-and-done proposition.”

He explained, “It looks to me like John Knoll is no longer going to be actively meeting with Headland to collaborate on S2.”  For those unfamiliar with Knoll, he is the Executive Creative Director and Senior VFX Supervisor at Industrial Light & Magic.

Not only did the insider claim the series was done after a single season, but he also claimed that Disney is viewing those reacting negatively to the trailer are “aggressive trolls.”  The insider shared, “For now the negative reaction for the trailer is being labeled as aggressive trolls irrelevant to the market.”

(more at link)
View Quote

If all the negative reactions are nothing more than irrelevant trolls then by all means, green light a second season. Fuck go with three if you're so confident that it's going to do well. Jump if you're feeling froggy.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:05:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Ventress..  
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:00:18 AM EDT
[#33]
I'll give the Acolyte a chance, but I do not have high hopes at all.

There's a ton of speculation online that there's a sequel coming post-Bad Batch that will feature Rex, Gregor and Wolfe leading a clone rebellion. There's certainly direction of that in the current season, so here's hoping we get more.
View Quote

Acolyte will be a shitshow.   This season of Bad Batch is great.   Wish it kept going.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#34]
So they've changed canon; this opens up a possible new story arc for Ventress who was supposed to be dead in this timeframe. I would love to see a series based on her; IMO she's the second most interesting SW character after Maul.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:43:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By BB:
So they've changed canon; this opens up a possible new story arc for Ventress who was supposed to be dead in this timeframe. I would love to see a series based on her; IMO she's the second most interesting SW character after Maul.
View Quote

Changed…or came up with a far fetched workaround. Maybe reanimated by Nightsister magic. Who knows.

But, yeah, she’s really interesting. Kinda started out as a one dimensional dimensional villain. But really started to shine after being betrayed by Dooku. She’s had some pretty entertaining interactions with Anakin and Obiwan too.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By BB:
View Quote

I too would like a ventress show, didn't like the way she went out in the book all that much
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:36:56 PM EDT
[#37]

Changed…or came up with a far fetched workaround. Maybe reanimated by Nightsister magic. Who knows.

But, yeah, she’s really interesting. Kinda started out as a one dimensional dimensional villain. But really started to shine after being betrayed by Dooku. She’s had some pretty entertaining interactions with Anakin and Obiwan too.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BB:

Yeah, being a Nightsister, death really isn't permanent for her.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:28:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By BB:
View Quote

Ventress Strikes Back (From starwars.com)

When it comes to Ventress’ return, however, there’s a need to address the bantha in the room. For all intents and purposes, Ventress met her demise in Star Wars: Dark Disciple, a novel based on unused scripts of The Clone Wars. Still, series creator Dave Filoni, executive producer Brad Rau, and executive producer/head writer Jennifer Corbett had a plan.

“Ventress is one of our all-time favorite characters,” Rau says. “So, when Dave brought up the idea of bringing her into The Bad Batch, we were beyond excited.”

“We had several discussions about the book and how her story could continue,” Corbett explains. “How she survived will be revealed in future content, but for this story, we were thrilled to include her and explore her unique connection to, and compassion for, Omega.”
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:16:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chris0013] [#39]
Originally Posted By Skywarp2203:

Glad it’s done.
View All Quotes
OBI-WAN KENOBI IS OFFICIALLY DEAD, AND THAT'S FOR THE BEST

While the packaging for Moon Knight and The Falcon and The Winter Soldier — two series that haven’t been renewed for a second season — are listed as “The Complete First Season,” Obi-Wan Kenobi is called “The Complete Series.”

This doesn’t mean those MCU series will be renewed, especially considering the upcoming movie Captain America: Brave New World will essentially serve as a Falcon and the Winter Soldier sequel. But the door is at least being left open. That isn’t the case for Obi-Wan Kenobi; if there was even a remote possibility of a second season, the physical release wouldn’t claim to be complete.

Considering how Lucasfilm and Marvel are unusually cryptic about which shows are renewed, which are in limbo, and which are outright canceled, this is probably the closest we’ll ever get to an official cancellation.

Glad it’s done.

The Kenobi series was a great opportunity that fell flat.  There was good in it...Ewan and Hayden killed it with their performances.  Indira Varma was amazing as Tala...and then they killed her off.  BASTARDS!!!!

The Inqusitors were where the problems were.  Reva was just a terribly overly complicated and messed up character.  As well the Grand Inquisitor and 5th Bro were horribly translated from the animated appearances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtytYWhg2mc

Can’t wait for this shitshow.

As the shows have been hit or miss...Andor, Ahsoka, most of Mando good....Kenobi, BoBF, bad...I will at least give it a try.  Not that I have high hopes but maybe we will be pleasantly surprised.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:28:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:02:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Indiana Jones Whips Up $130 Million Loss For Disney

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny failed to cover its costs at the box office according to financial statements released on Friday which show that Disney spent $134.2m more on making the movie than it is understood to have received in ticket sales.

Dial of Destiny stars Mads Mikkelsen, Antonio Banderas and Harrison Ford as the eponymous adventurer who comes out of retirement to track down an ancient time travelling artefact before it falls into the hands of the Nazis.

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:06:00 PM EDT
[#42]
This thread has an interesting theory that the shadow operative we see in the most recent episodes is actually Tech.

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:31:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#43]
This guy does some really good stuff:

The Jedi Went Down to Tattooine

Tie Fighter in the Sky: The Ballad of Moff Gideon

-----------------

Walked past a dvd set of the mando series for a decent price today ... if it wasn't for disney, I probably would have bought it.

What a strange time to be alive.

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:37:19 PM EDT
[#44]

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Wuher

Having lost his parents to battle droids during the Clone Wars, he strongly disliked droids and installed a droid detector in the cantina to keep them out. Despite this, Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi entered with the droids C-3PO and R2-D2. Upon noticing their presence, he ordered that the droids would have to wait outside because he didn't serve their kind
View Quote

Wouldn't it be more logical that the cantina didn't want droids, because they were not customers, and non-income-producing, yet took up space.

If half the customers brought along their utility droids, it would clutter up the space, make traffic jams, and take up space that the proprietors wanted to be occupied by paying customers.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:40:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Naporter:
This thread has an interesting theory that the shadow operative we see in the most recent episodes is actually Tech.

View Quote

I honestly hope that he is, in fact, dead. Death needs to mean something in his sacrifice.

“Somehow Tech returned” is as bad as Palpatine returning.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:29:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Just got done watching Bad Batch episodes 10 and 11.  Episode 10 was depressing.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:32:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By RSG:
Indiana Jones Whips Up $130 Million Loss For Disney

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny failed to cover its costs at the box office according to financial statements released on Friday which show that Disney spent $134.2m more on making the movie than it is understood to have received in ticket sales.

Dial of Destiny stars Mads Mikkelsen, Antonio Banderas and Harrison Ford as the eponymous adventurer who comes out of retirement to track down an ancient time travelling artefact before it falls into the hands of the Nazis.

View Quote

Ha
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:06:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:
I honestly hope that he is, in fact, dead. Death needs to mean something in his sacrifice.
View Quote

Did we have an explanation for Omega having Tech's busted up goggles?
Did they go back to look for him later?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:55:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AR-1904] [#49]
Originally Posted By RDTCU:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RDTCU:

Hemlock gives/shows them to Omega when they first nab her after Sid gives her up.

I think the shadow operative is definitely Tech. I don’t think it’s apples to apples with “somehow Palpatine returned” since it’s only been a year since he died, not 30.

Yeah, episode 10 was depressing as fuck.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:32:02 PM EDT
[#50]

"Somehow Tech returned" is as bad as Palpatine returning.
View Quote

I feel exactly the same way.
Page / 150
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top