[#1]
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Enjoyed the first 3 episodes

Excitedly awaiting Ventress

Only complaint is that the lighting seems insanely dark
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 11:15:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Just finished watching the first 3 eps. Good stuff.

I liked Hunter and Wrecker bringing in the Pyke - that was a cool scene. And the 3 kid clones were a nice touch too. I guess they are going to the island where the insufferable Phee Genoa lives. I know she shows up at some point. Also - was that a genetically modifies sarlacc (the slither vines)? That's the vibe I got.

I guess now we know why Vader shows up - to hunt Omega. After all, Hemlock has the full resources of the empire at his fingertips. And if we're at 17 years BBY, that means Vader is still early on the path of being Vader. I wonder if his portrayal will be different than the more traditional version. I hope we get more rage Vader.

Link Posted: 2/26/2024 1:06:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Skywarp2203] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:
Just finished watching the first 3 eps. Good stuff.

I liked Hunter and Wrecker bringing in the Pyke - that was a cool scene. And the 3 kid clones were a nice touch too. I guess they are going to the island where the insufferable Phee Genoa lives. I know she shows up at some point. Also - was that a genetically modifies sarlacc (the slither vines)? That's the vibe I got.

I guess now we know why Vader shows up - to hunt Omega. After all, Hemlock has the full resources of the empire at his fingertips. And if we're at 17 years BBY, that means Vader is still early on the path of being Vader. I wonder if his portrayal will be different than the more traditional version. I hope we get more rage Vader.

View Quote

Definitely reminds me of a sarlacc.   From what I’ve seen on YouTube, the one older clone teen who is voiced by was played by the kid who played Boba Fett in Attack of the the Clones.  Which if true is pretty cool.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:44:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Season 3 of Bad Batch has a much darker tone to it. Love that Omega isn’t her usual whiney self. You can tell they put extra $$ into the art direction of this season. Reminds me of how good season 7 of the Clone Wars looked. Story so far has been fantastic too. What a shame that this is the final season. Filoni is a god when it comes to animated SW.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 11:44:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Great opening salvo of episodes for the (final-sad) season
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 9:48:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Crosshair, "that went well"

Omega,"stow it"

I don't know why but that really made me laugh.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#8]
The first three episodes were great! Can't wait for tonight!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 3:26:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By garyd:
Crosshair, "that went well"

Omega,"stow it"

I don't know why but that really made me laugh.
View Quote

Yeah. That was good.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 7:51:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#10]
https://boundingintocomics.com/2024/02/27/the-acolyte-lead-amandla-stenberg-says-disney-plus-series-will-honor-the-ethos-of-star-wars-and-ideas-around-the-force-and-also-challenge-them/

According to series lead Amandla Stenberg, the plot of Disney Plus next Star Wars series The Acolyte will not only attempt to “honor the ethos” of the franchise and its concept of the Force, but also simultaneously “challenge them”.

(Does that sound suspiciously like ‘subverting expectations’ to anyone else?)

Stenberg – who identifies as non-binary, uses she/they pronouns, and is perhaps best known for having portrayed Rue in the first The Hunger Games film and Spyder-Byte in Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse – provided this tease of Star Wars’ next television outing during a February interview given to C Magazine‘s Ira Madison III.

Despite her noting that a non-disclosure agreement between her and the House of Mouse had left her unable to offer too many public details regarding the series’ production, Stenberg was still able to provide her host with a very brief and vague overview of its overall creative direction.

Beginning with The Acolyte‘s setting within the franchise’s ‘High Republic’ era – a time period, as conceived wholly by Disney, set roughly 500 years before the events of A New Hope and centering on the exploits of the then-flourishing Jedi Order – the actress explained, “In the context of the Star Wars universe, it’s a time of great peace, theoretically.”

“It’s also a time of an institution, and it’s a time in which conceptions around the Force are very strict,” added Stenberg. “And I think what we’re trying to explore within our show is when an institution has a singular conception of how power can be used…we try to provide a lot of different perspectives and answers to that question. The idea is to kind of honor the ethos of Star Wars and ideas around the Force and also challenge them, hopefully harmoniously.”

Notably, Stenberg’s interview is not the first time mention has been made of The Acolyte‘s intent to explore such a ‘grey’ interpretation of the franchise’s central force (pun 100% intended).

In March 2023, series creator Leslye Headland told Empire Magazine, “When you’re doing something completely original, like we are, you want to question the status quo of the era that you live in. What I think is so interesting right now is that everybody thinks they’re right!”

“The Jedi really think they’re right – and George [Lucas] tells us that they’re wrong in Phantom. They missed a huge aspect of the dark side rising. That just felt like fertile ground to look into what’s going on for all of us right now.”

Further, in a teaser trailer for the series unveiled at the April 2023 Star Wars Celebration event, an unidentified female character can be heard narrating, “This isn’t about good or bad. This is about power and who is allowed to use it.”

According to its official log line, the Disney Plus series “will take viewers into a galaxy of shadowy secrets and emerging dark-side powers in the final days of the High Republic era with the story of former Padawan who reunites with her Jedi Master to investigate a series of crimes but discovers the forces they confront are more sinister than they ever anticipated.”
View Quote

I is what it is ... *shrug*
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Good follow up episode to the 3 parter.   Went back to the original formula of a beginning, a problem, then escaping.   Really hard enjoyed Omega and Crosshairs banter.   Complete opposites, yet I could watch a show with just those two.   Omega’s reunion with Hunter and Wrecker was great.   Especially when Crosshair walked out of the ship.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 10:08:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Solid episode. The interaction and quips between Omega and Crosshair were great. The corrupt Imperial, the gambling den, really had a nice western vibe to it. Very Star Wars.

I really liked the TK-Troopers with the ponchos. Need a Black Series figure of that.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 12:50:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:
Solid episode. The interaction and quips between Omega and Crosshair were great. The corrupt Imperial, the gambling den, really had a nice western vibe to it. Very Star Wars.

I really liked the TK-Troopers with the ponchos. Need a Black Series figure of that.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/29/2024 4:37:12 AM EDT
[#14]
I chuckled when the engine exhaust knocked the trooper off the tower.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 8:07:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Nmbmxer:
I chuckled when the engine exhaust knocked the trooper off the tower.
View Quote

Agreed. Especially the little shriek.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 8:55:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By user4574:
Agreed. Especially the little shriek.
View Quote

I'd have to watch it again, but likely the famous Wilhelm scream.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:43:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Skywarp2203:
Good follow up episode to the 3 parter.   Went back to the original formula of a beginning, a problem, then escaping.   Really hard enjoyed Omega and Crosshairs banter.   Complete opposites, yet I could watch a show with just those two.   Omega’s reunion with Hunter and Wrecker was great.   Especially when Crosshair walked out of the ship.
View Quote

Wrecker and Hunter were ready to tear Crosshair apart at the end there.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Andor Season 2 - First Trailer (2025) | Star Wars & Disney+ | andor season 2 trailer (4K)
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:37:24 PM EDT
[#19]
The Book Of Boba Fett Season 2 | First Trailer | Star Wars & Disney+ (4K) (2025)
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:51:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Andor looks good.  Book of Boba Fett looks like more hot garbage.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:54:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LCDp-60sSw
View Quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waof42ihdvU
View Quote

You know these are both fake, right?
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Fan made trailers, not real ones.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:07:44 PM EDT
[#23]
That's some AI generated dialogue in those fan trailers. It's close, but still off. At the rate it's going, it's going to be near perfect in a couple of years.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:09:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Are you not entertained?
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:10:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

View All Quotes

Yup.  Can’t wait to see what happens next.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:14:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Already have my predictions on the rest of the season.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#27]

Are you not entertained?
View All Quotes

Are you not entertained?

No, I hate that guy's YouTube channel. I wish he'd get banned.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 10:16:21 AM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Are you not entertained?

Oh my
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 10:56:24 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

I guess it’s got to end with palpatine getting his clones to work so the turd trilogy can stay in canon.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#30]
I suspect that this far out BBY, Palps will see a minor success, but not get a clone with a high enough M count. We see in Mandalorian that they are still searching for force users.

You figure, there's got to be something waiting on Exegol for his soul to inhabit at the conclusion of Jedi. But it's likely not strong enough to match his current form.

Dark Empire did this so much better.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 1:13:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Seriously though, never thought Bad Batch would end up being this good. In fact, it’s so good that I started watching Clone Wars again(in chronological order this time).
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By sefus:

I guess it’s got to end with palpatine getting his clones to work so the turd trilogy can stay in canon.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sefus:

I think they go to Mount Tantiss and try and rescue the clones like Omega wanted to.   Clone uprising with tragic results.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 7:14:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Seriously though, never thought Bad Batch would end up being this good. In fact, it's so good that I started watching Clone Wars again(in chronological order this time).
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 10:56:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Seriously though, never thought Bad Batch would end up being this good. In fact, it’s so good that I started watching Clone Wars again(in chronological order this time).
View Quote

I think I’ve said this here before. I wasn’t a fan of the Clone Force 99 arc in Clone Wars. To me they were just unimaginative and uninteresting. When Bad Batch was announced, I was unenthusiastic. I’ve been proven very wrong.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 5:00:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By fredegar:

I think I’ve said this here before. I wasn’t a fan of the Clone Force 99 arc in Clone Wars. To me they were just unimaginative and uninteresting. When Bad Batch was announced, I was unenthusiastic. I’ve been proven very wrong.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fredegar:

Same.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:44:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Star Tours Ride Film [Full] (Pre-Disney)
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#37]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9CWq5JmGOs
View Quote

I did this on Christmas 1987 or 1988 at Disneyland. It was mind-blowing for its time.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:13:46 AM EDT
[#38]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9CWq5JmGOs
View Quote

Some of Paul Reubens’ best work!
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 1:57:51 PM EDT
[#39]
OBI-WAN KENOBI IS OFFICIALLY DEAD, AND THAT'S FOR THE BEST

While the packaging for Moon Knight and The Falcon and The Winter Soldier — two series that haven’t been renewed for a second season — are listed as “The Complete First Season,” Obi-Wan Kenobi is called “The Complete Series.”

This doesn’t mean those MCU series will be renewed, especially considering the upcoming movie Captain America: Brave New World will essentially serve as a Falcon and the Winter Soldier sequel. But the door is at least being left open. That isn’t the case for Obi-Wan Kenobi; if there was even a remote possibility of a second season, the physical release wouldn’t claim to be complete.

Considering how Lucasfilm and Marvel are unusually cryptic about which shows are renewed, which are in limbo, and which are outright canceled, this is probably the closest we’ll ever get to an official cancellation.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 2:47:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#40]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:

While the packaging for Moon Knight and The Falcon and The Winter Soldier — two series that haven’t been renewed for a second season — are listed as “The Complete First Season,” Obi-Wan Kenobi is called “The Complete Series.”

This doesn’t mean those MCU series will be renewed, especially considering the upcoming movie Captain America: Brave New World will essentially serve as a Falcon and the Winter Soldier sequel. But the door is at least being left open. That isn’t the case for Obi-Wan Kenobi; if there was even a remote possibility of a second season, the physical release wouldn’t claim to be complete.

Considering how Lucasfilm and Marvel are unusually cryptic about which shows are renewed, which are in limbo, and which are outright canceled, this is probably the closest we’ll ever get to an official cancellation.
View Quote

I believe the addition of the Inquisitors and especially Reva killed that show and having Leia being the main plot point didn’t exactly help. It is of my opinion that Reva was by far the worst aspect of that show. While the other Inquisitors were unnecessary they were at least canon and seen in Rebels. Reva was was absolutely pointless. Leia’s inclusion could have been left out entirely and if they were dead set on using the Inquisitors they could have wrote the story about Obi-Wan being searched for.

It would however been cool to have another season where he interacts with Qui-Gon a little more but I don’t think that was enough to carry another season.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 2:50:27 PM EDT
[#41]

I believe the addition of the Inquisitors and especially Reva killed that show and having Leia being the main plot point didn’t exactly help. It is of my opinion that Reva was by far the worst aspect of that show. While the other Inquisitors were unnecessary they were at least canon and seen in Rebels. Reva was was absolutely pointless. Leia’s inclusion could have been left out entirely and if they were dead set on using the Inquisitors they could have wrote the story about Obi-Wan being searched for.

It would however been cool to have another season where he interacts with Qui-Gon a little more but I don’t think that was enough to carry another season.
View Quote

Reva was horrible.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 2:53:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Good reconciliation episode, I suppose. Still building up to the Clone uprising.
The show continues to draw inspiration from other movies. Which isn’t a criticism, just a funny observation. We have a giant ice worm in a week that also saw the premier of Dune 2. The scene where Wrecker had to reset the breaker panel was borrowed from Jurassic park.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 2:55:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By laxman09:

Reva was horrible.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By laxman09:

Reva was horrible.

She legitimately should have been killed off by Vader in the 2nd episode. But nope, she continued to live and when I thought she was actually dead the bitch comes back. She was fucking worthless.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 12:17:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By AR-1904:

What makes her special though? Was Nala Se working on force sensitive clones back on Kamino? Did they borrow some midichlorians from Shaak Ti?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AR-1904:
Originally Posted By Naporter:
It's been a day.  Everyone should know better than to read this thread if they've not seen the new episodes.  Given that...

I'm assuming "M-Count" refers to midichlorians and they're trying to create clone shells for the Emperor.  Also assuming Omega is the source of the clones, that would make her responsible for Rey.  

Yes, that's obviously where they're going with it, and why Palpatine is so personally invested in it that he'd offer Hemlock anything he needs and even travel personally to see the progress.

Moreover, Nala Se knows it will succeed with Omega, which is why she was discarding her sample each day. She knew what they'd do to her after it was discovered she was the key.

What makes her special though? Was Nala Se working on force sensitive clones back on Kamino? Did they borrow some midichlorians from Shaak Ti?

Wild theory time:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 12:28:59 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Glad it’s done.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 12:31:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Enjoyed this latest episode.   Crosshair has coke full circle in his character arc.   I suspect either himself or Hunter will sacrifice themselves for the group somehow.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:21:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:38:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BB] [#48]

Crosshair's story arc is pretty good.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:38:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Those Shadow Troopers are pretty badass. I'm gonna be sad when this is over. This season is really good.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:53:11 PM EDT
[#50]

I was all about to rage and scream, “That episode wasn’t long enough!” and then a box popped up that said, “Next episode.”

Phew
Page / 150
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top