BCM
User Panel

Page / 49
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:30:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m glad it’s over and sad that you won’t get the happiness they stole from the last 4 years back.

Yes, this country would be a radically different place if people knew how fucked up the courts are and if they paid their taxes monthly like they do their mortgage.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By bigbore:
r.
August 10, 2023  What a bold bluff!
The settlement demand letter is rejected by defendant.
View Quote

Should have responded with something like this, which I stole off the internet.

"    November 21, 1974

Dear Mr. Cox:

Attached is a letter that we received on November 19, 1974. I feel that you should be aware that some asshole is signing your name to stupid letters.

Very truly yours,

CLEVELAND STADIUM CORP.

James N. Bailey,

General Counsel"
Roy
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:19:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Congratulations
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:24:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SkinnySarge:

Wow that would be something.  So the police are saying she shot herself, reloaded the gun, then wrapped it in a blanket?

Anyway, congrats on the dismissal.  We have all been pulling for you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SkinnySarge:

I think her dad killed her.  I think she wanted a gun to protect herself from her dad.  While she was gone with her boyfriend her dad went through her room and found the gun.  When she got home the next morning, he killed her and played it off as a suicide.   All 6 cylinders were loaded. The police found the gun wrapped in a blanket.  The story told to the police about when it happened is not the story the parents told in their deposition.  Who hears a gunshot in their house in the middle of the night and doesn't think to check on anything until 3PM the next day?!  This has been my theory since the first day I read the police report.  The gun was never checked for prints, no ones hands were checked for gun shot residue.

Wow that would be something.  So the police are saying she shot herself, reloaded the gun, then wrapped it in a blanket?

Anyway, congrats on the dismissal.  We have all been pulling for you.

Wait a minute I missed this part.  No one investigating this found that odd???  A reloaded gun wrapped in a blanket at a supposed suicide???  

Mighty fine police work there, boys.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:31:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Wait a minute

So she lived in her parents house in a well-to-do neighborhood.

They used her money to sue your company.

They lost the case

You can't recover money from THEM for suing you, only her estate?

That's f'd up. In a perfect world they can sell their house to pay your legal fees, if they can't come up with the cash.

After all, they were trying to bankrupt you and your company. Turnabout is fair play.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:35:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:36:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By jarhead13:
1 hoodie on the way!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/175733/IMG_3947_jpeg-3205431.JPG
View Quote

Nice I just bought one too

Congrats bigbore. It's bittersweet, but atleast it's over for now.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:48:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: djkest] [#10]

The parents didn’t spend a penny to sue me.  The lawyers were working on contingency.
View Quote

Hmm too bad you can't sue the lawyer for damages.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:53:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: djkest] [#11]
I think her dad killed her.  I think she wanted a gun to protect herself from her dad.  While she was gone with her boyfriend her dad went through her room and found the gun.  When she got home the next morning, he killed her and played it off as a suicide.   All 6 cylinders were loaded. The police found the gun wrapped in a blanket.  The story told to the police about when it happened is not the story the parents told in their deposition.  Who hears a gunshot in their house in the middle of the night and doesn't think to check on anything until 3PM the next day?!  This has been my theory since the first day I read the police report.  The gun was never checked for prints, no ones hands were checked for gun shot residue.
View Quote

If you have a special needs / disabled person living in the house I would assume you'd check on them in the morning. In fact my parents are caretakers for my grandmother, and there's no way they would go that long without checking on her.

A gunshot is very loud, and a blanket will not muffle the sound much

There have been MANY murders were the first clue is how long it took someone to report the death.
It's usually because they are cleaning up evidence or trying to get their story straight.

And apparently they were convincing enough that the police did not actually do any sort of investigation.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:26:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fsjdw2] [#12]

This is my favorite post in all 39 pages.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ParityError:
Settlement offer: One (1) twenty-four (24) ounce by net weight bag of dicks, which must be consumed at time of settlement.

This is my favorite post in all 39 pages.

Can a lawyer chime in and say if this is allowed in court?
Ive heard some strange stories about court, (neither party in joint custory of a parrot may teach parrot nasty phrases about other party such as "F**** you Janice" or " eat a fat bag of schlongs Ted"...

@FunYun1983
Gun was a Wrangler revolver, (the under 200 dollar single action cowboy type .22's. brass doesn't get ejected on those.)

Originally Posted By FunYun1983:

Was a spent shell even found?  Was the bullet ballistically matched to the gun?

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:35:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn contingency cases.  When they lose they should be responsible for YOUR COSTS.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:42:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Great news!

It's refreshing to see good guys win and leeches get kicked in the nuts.

Congratulations!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:14:32 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DD1801:

Her parents viewed her as a negative asset.  Until they thought they could cash in from her death.  Can’t help but wonder if her parent(s) goated her into suicide.  Just a wild opinion…

I could definitely go along with your theory.

My wife screams to see what is going on when I drop anything in the basement. If I had a for-real desk-pop (especially a rifle caliber), she would hustle out the door and have the SWAT team check on me.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By DVCER:
Damn contingency cases.  When they lose they should be responsible for YOUR COSTS.
View Quote

The estate is responsible for ADCO’s expenses. Getting a judgement against the estate would be extremely easy.

And totally pointless.

The estate is completely judgement proof. It has nothing. It will never have anything.

Pursuing a claim against it would be throwing good money after bad.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#17]

All 6 cylinders were loaded. 1 round fired.  I find it odd that someone killing themself would load all 6 cylinders when they knew they only needed 1 shot.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jollyg83:

Wait a minute I missed this part.  No one investigating this found that odd???  A reloaded gun wrapped in a blanket at a supposed suicide???  

All 6 cylinders were loaded. 1 round fired.  I find it odd that someone killing themself would load all 6 cylinders when they knew they only needed 1 shot.

Oh ok.  Yes I agree 6 rounds is odd for suicide but maybe she thought a .22 wouldn’t get the job done and loaded it for follow up shots as gruesome as that sounds.  But then again she didn’t sound really familiar with firearms to begin with.

Also I’m reminded of the fact that most women don’t like to use guns to kill themselves.  They don’t want to disfigure themselves, especially for the afterlife.  

Reminds me when I was with the fire department.  We ran a supposed suicide of a middle age female one night.  Single shot from a .38 right in the center of the chest.  Close enough to leave powder marks around the wound.  

Husband swore up and down he heard the single shot, ran upstairs and found her.  She lived long enough for the helicopter ride to the trauma center.  

Cops didn’t buy it because they were there frequently for domestics.  It was our first time there for a medical call.  

The next day the following shift ran the husband for a suicide, he blew his brains out.  About a year later I got to talk to one of the cops there that night, he said they knew he killed her, made it look like a suicide.  He killed himself before they could arrest him.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:55:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Her parents confirmed she used to go shooting with her cousin.  She did have a masters in criminal justice, which includes ballistics and at least one day on the firing range shooting.   She knew plenty. She did not want a .22. Listen to Zohn's interview, and their txt messages.  She wanted a larger caliber in semi auto.   She knew a .22 was a poor choice for what she wanted the weapon to do.
View All Quotes

Oh ok.  Yes I agree 6 rounds is odd for suicide but maybe she thought a .22 wouldn’t get the job done and loaded it for follow up shots as gruesome as that sounds.  But then again she didn’t sound really familiar with firearms to begin with.

Her parents confirmed she used to go shooting with her cousin.  She did have a masters in criminal justice, which includes ballistics and at least one day on the firing range shooting.   She knew plenty. She did not want a .22. Listen to Zohn's interview, and their txt messages.  She wanted a larger caliber in semi auto.   She knew a .22 was a poor choice for what she wanted the weapon to do.

Here is an interview she gave to the Toledo Blade in 2012 discussing her desire to become a Toledo homicide detective:

https://www.toledoblade.com/local/police-fire/2012/11/04/Nearly-700-file-to-join-ranks-of-Toledo-police/stories/20121104146

She discusses being unfulfilled working in her father’s dental clinic and wants to put her degrees to use.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:11:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mgwantob] [#21]

Read her parents transcripts. When asked about Allisons work history neither parent mentioned she worked at her fathers practice.
There was never a complete answer to why or when along the process the police thing didn't pan out.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mgwantob:

Here is an interview she gave to the Toledo Blade in 2012 discussing her desire to become a Toledo homicide detective:

https://www.toledoblade.com/local/police-fire/2012/11/04/Nearly-700-file-to-join-ranks-of-Toledo-police/stories/20121104146

She discusses being unfulfilled working in her father’s dental clinic and wants to put her degrees to use.

Read her parents transcripts. When asked about Allisons work history neither parent mentioned she worked at her fathers practice.
There was never a complete answer to why or when along the process the police thing didn't pan out.

There is likely a lot more to that story, especially with the father’s extremely controlling nature. Notice how the son is now living in their home now?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:22:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigbore] [#22]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:07:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Glad to hear it!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:21:39 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mgwantob:

Humm, more ammo for the defense lawyers on examination of the plaintiffs.  Like I mentioned before the father and mothers testimonies don't exactly match, then now the obvious lies.  If they come back I hope they self incriminate to the fullest extent.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:31:47 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

What a disgrace, all around.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:53:22 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

She might not even have known what direction the cylinder rotates though.

Put yourself in the shoes of someone much less familiar with firearms.

Originally, I thought you were saying that someone replaced the spent brass with a live round after the shot.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:14:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Is it possible to file an ethics complaint against the plaintiff's attorneys to whatever state bar they belong to, especially about the improper order?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:48:01 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

That's a fascinating theory.

Hadan't considered that...
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:05:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By netbrad:
Is it possible to file an ethics complaint against the plaintiff's attorneys to whatever state bar they belong to, especially about the improper order?
View Quote
Yes.  OP should absolutely do that too .  I hate it when someone is screwed over by an attorney, but never bother to file a free ethics complaint.  At minimum, it makes the attorney have to answer some questions

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:50:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By netbrad:
View Quote

Where is the ethics issue?  The attorney may have, perhaps, screwed up filing to close the estate - if the parents didn't do that themselves.  But that's not a breach of duty owed to ADCO.

The motion to re-open the estate was not an ethical violation, and even though the granting of the motion seems wrong to us it wasn't a violation on the part of the judge.

The system sucks, but abusing existing processes for harassment purposes isn't the answer.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:21:18 AM EDT
[#31]
I just finished reading the parents deposition... all of it..

what in the actual fuck.

I'm going to paraphrase, but fuck them

-So why are you suing bigbore?
because he should have known
-Why should he have known?
well because Jerry was convicted of a straw purchase
-Jerry lied on the federal form required, you know that right?
yeah
-And if they were trying to lie to get the gun it would make sense to try and keep that from bigbore right?
yeah
-so what should bigbore have known?
that they were lying

they knew she was mentally ill, wanted to die, threatened suicide, possibly tried to commit suicide before on I-75 in her car

Then

-you know she got the gun from Jerry right?
yeah
-did you try to sue Jerry?
yeah
-and what happened with that?
well he went to assisted living and we cant get money out of him anymore
-so why are you now suing bigbore
well because he has money, and res ipsa loquitur   (which i had to google, but essentially sounds like a case where a plaintiff doesnt need actual evidence and they can get their burden of proof with circumstantial evidence)
Dumb parents lawyer shut that down immediately

This should have been dropped a LONG time ago, and I don't understand how it got to where it is without lawyers whispering into these idiots heads or something.

sorry you had to deal with this @bigbore
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:28:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:31:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:12:40 AM EDT
[#34]

As I said, imagine that playing out in front of a jury.  The plaintiffs lawyers could make it all about emotions, but the jurors would see it for the train wreck it is.   After people read the parents depositions and experts depositions hopefully its easier for all to understand my confidence in a jury trial over any settlement.
View Quote

We the jury find the defendant not guilty but would like him to deliver a bag of “eat a dick” gummies.  We fine the plaintiff 87k for the defendant’s legal fees and stress from this BS.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#35]
So glad you're getting this behind you Steve.  I'm sorry it took so long and so much money to be resolved.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:21:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By mnd:

So what I'm hearing is you need 100 people to buy an ADCO hat with a signed copy of the dismissal order for $500?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mnd:
By my math - my bank account will have at least $50K less in it because of this lawsuit

So what I'm hearing is you need 100 people to buy an ADCO hat with a signed copy of the dismissal order for $500?

Congrats, and I'd also like you to consider selling a high profit item commemorating this good news.  I have no doubt that there are people that would pay $500 for a copy of the court order with a signature or something on it.  

Your hoodies are nice, but reasonably priced.  Make a special victory version with more markup.  Make it easier for people to help you at different price points.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:26:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:42:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Congrats! But even though they "lost" (more like gave up), the punishment you were put through in the process is ridiculous. In a truly just world, they should have to pay your legal fees along with any other incurred expenses and lost moneys. That'd prevent so much of this frivolous bullshit from happening.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:57:05 AM EDT
[#39]

I'm good, hold your funds for the next guy.  There will be another. Thanks!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DaTrueDave:
Congrats, and I'd also like you to consider selling a high profit item commemorating this good news.  I have no doubt that there are people that would pay $500 for a copy of the court order with a signature or something on it.  

Your hoodies are nice, but reasonably priced.  Make a special victory version with more markup.  Make it easier for people to help you at different price points.

I'm good, hold your funds for the next guy.  There will be another. Thanks!

You're not seeing the effect that YOU being made whole by the gun community will have on the next guy though, if part of their strategy is to bleed small FFLs.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#40]
I don't understand why her parents can't be sued for this since the mother filed to have the estate reopen and was responsible for the law suit. They stood to benefit if they won so they should be on the hook for the bull shit they caused.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:02:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Congrats on this actually ending on a good note rather than another firearms business getting trashed by lawfare.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:07:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:10:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bigbore] [#43]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:16:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By JosephTurrisi:
I don't understand why her parents can't be sued for this since the mother filed to have the estate reopen and was responsible for the law suit. They stood to benefit if they won so they should be on the hook for the bull shit they caused.
View Quote

It is total bullshit, but the estate is a legal entity like a corporation.  The mother was the administrator of the estate, but the estate itself was the plaintiff.  The estate is absolutely responsible for @bigbore's expenses up to the limit of it's assets.  But it is utterly insolvent.

And yes, this is a complete indictment of our legal system.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Steve, can you SBR a PS 90?  I know a guy that needs/wants that done....
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:22:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:13:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:47:24 PM EDT
[#48]
400 plus page document dump

I put all the relevant docs into one PDF in case anyone has a day to spend reading.

Cliff notes:

Fucked up family with mentally ill adult daughter who are no strangers to the local police.

Daughter kills herself a week after her boyfriend legally buys a gun in my store.

Boyfriend is arrested and convicted for lying on the 4473.

Family hires attorneys who are spotlight donors to the Brady Campaign.

Lawyer who was not present during the sale of the firearm, who spoke to no one who was present, writes a fictional tale defaming myself and my business making accusations of local and federal crimes being broken and blatant negligence.

The convicted felon boyfriend's deposition is one contradiction after another.

The parents depositions are a total train wreck.

They send a demand letter saying they will drop the lawsuit for $500K.  In the letter they claim to have expert witnesses that will prove my negligence.

The $500K demand is rejected without counter offer.

Their expert witnesses are a joke, the demand letter was a bluff.

Judge orders mediation.   They are offered nothing.

Trial is ordered.

They dismiss the lawsuit, after not producing a single piece of evidence to pack up any of the accusations made in the complaint.

They go back to their lives like nothing happened, knowing there was nothing I could do to counter sue.

View Quote

Hopefully your story can inspire anyone caught in a similar situation to follow your course of action and not just roll over so it goes away.
Roy
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:07:18 PM EDT
[#49]
So the scum bag didn't do this for justice they did it for monetary gain. Yep scum bags.
Page / 49
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top