Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 49
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 7:55:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Good to hear, let some stress go and enjoy the next few days.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome! Now take a breath.

Ballpark, how much did this cost you out of pocket?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:09:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats.

Hopefully this is laid to rest and all involved can move forward with their lives.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:29:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigbore:
Now this is some slimy I'll say perjury bullshit.

How can the mom file with probate to keep the estate open for another year because of the upcoming trial.   Then the NEXT DAY dismiss the suit?  I find it hard to believe she didn't know her lawyers were filing to dismiss.  She knew damn well there was not going to be a trial on the 21st.   Maybe the parents really are going to keep looking for someone to refile against me?   Good Luck.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/12678/keep_open-3204609.jpg
View Quote
It's a spite move. Keeping the estate open costs them almost nothing while costing you thousands. Rinse and repeat every year.

Is there any means to force closure of the estate? It's continued existence is doing measurable harm, and it's continued existence is fraudulent.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:45:23 PM EDT
[#6]
The bad guys lawyers filed a R.41 dismissal.   In Ohio that means they have 1 year to start it all over again, but as of today it's over.

This entire thing was a bullshit bluff all along.  We called them on it and didn't offer a penny in settlement.  They knew they would never win at trial so they quit.  

They can refile, but  their lawyers know its a lost cause and, and I can't imagine any other lawyers will want to pick this up and expect a different outcome.

Thanks for all the support, it's been a wild ride, and fortunately the bad guys lost.

To better understand how bad the trial would have gone for them read this  - parents depositions.   Imagine my attorneys cross examining them in front of a jury!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
The bad guys lawyers filed a R.41 dismissal.   In Ohio that means they have 1 year to start it all over again, but as of today it's over.

This entire thing was a bullshit bluff all along.  We called them on it and didn't offer a penny in settlement.  They knew they would never win at trial so they quit.  

They can refile, but  their lawyers know its a lost cause and, and I can't imagine any other lawyers will want to pick this up and expect a different outcome.

Thanks for all the support, it's been a wild ride, and fortunately the bad guys lost.

To better understand how bad the trial would have gone for them read this  - parents depositions.   Imagine my attorneys cross examining them in front of a jury!

Originally Posted By cornhskr:
ADCO will come out victorious.  I have spoken.

Posted 04-15-2024
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:45:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:47:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:57:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Out damn standing!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:58:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Glad to hear it! Congratulations and fuck those assholes.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:00:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Congratulations.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:00:43 PM EDT
[#12]
CONGRATS ADCO AND STEVE!

If only it could have been sooner and cheaper.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Jayne_Cobb:
It's a spite move. Keeping the estate open costs them almost nothing while costing you thousands. Rinse and repeat every year.

Is there any means to force closure of the estate? It's continued existence is doing measurable harm, and it's continued existence is fraudulent.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jayne_Cobb:
Now this is some slimy I'll say perjury bullshit.

How can the mom file with probate to keep the estate open for another year because of the upcoming trial.   Then the NEXT DAY dismiss the suit?  I find it hard to believe she didn't know her lawyers were filing to dismiss.  She knew damn well there was not going to be a trial on the 21st.   Maybe the parents really are going to keep looking for someone to refile against me?   Good Luck.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/12678/keep_open-3204609.jpg

This. It reeks of abuse of process and an objective judge would likely not look favorably at the situation.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#14]
@bigbore

Does this mean I might be able to get the 1917 front seal?

Again, super glad you beat the bastards.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Yee Haw!!! That's great news, Congratulations...I'm sorry our legal system put you through all this.
I've followed this thread since the beginning and hoped it would be a positive outcome.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:04:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:06:12 PM EDT
[#17]

email me, I'll send find one of my spare personal o-rings and shims.
View Quote

Wow, man I really appreciate that. Only if it isn't putting you out.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:09:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Congrats.  I read the disposition of the "expert" witness and wow what a clown.  It's crazy that the attorneys even presented him for the disposition.  I can just imagine them face-palming themselves reading it...
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:09:31 PM EDT
[#19]

If your friend truly wants to extend greetings and salutations, all that info is public and available at the docket link I posted above.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hawkin:
So when this is all over will we have addresses and phone numbers made available to send gifts and words of encouragment calls to the prosecuting attorney and deranged family?

Asking for a friend…

If your friend truly wants to extend greetings and salutations, all that info is public and available at the docket link I posted above.

TIMLEY BUMP
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:13:21 PM EDT
[#20]
I was recently offered to opportunity to buy a successful turnkey LGS. I turned it down, knowing I would eventually face the same bullshit OP has had to deal with.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:15:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Good deal for you bad deal for me I was looking forward to your trial updates.

Now to find another thread to leave open in a tab on my phone and computer for months.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:17:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Glad the outcome was in your favor but it was way too long.

Lawfare is a thing.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:17:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Congrats.  ADCO is one of the better industry sponsors.   They have a lot of interaction on the forums.   My favorite is someone trying to get a pinned flash hider off by themselves.   Not saying this can't be done but if you are asking questions in GD you probably are gonna have issues.   They pop in and say hey we offer this service for x amount.   2-3 pages later smash cut to a ruined barrel.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

What a sad story  - and I'm only on page 39.

Our politics certainly differ, but I wouldn't wish the loss of a child on anyone. Sounds like mental illness runs in the family.

Thank God they finally threw in the towel.

Congratulations, OP!
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:19:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Glad to learn this.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:22:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:27:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Good to hear that you’re getting some closure with the dismissal.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:32:58 PM EDT
[#28]

Depends on how you calculate it.  
In checks written just for "lawsuit stuff" under $15K.
I had to close my shop to attend the depositions, court ordered meetings, drive downtown and pay for parking.   Lost business and lost personal time has a value to me, but not sure how to price that.
I paid an extra $10K a year in insurance the last 2 years that I don't believe I'd be paying if this didn't happen.  Actually, the insurance carrier  I found to replace my carrier that dropped me - also dropped me last month.  (No one wants you if you have an open claim with a death) I did find another carrier at the last minute, at an even higher rate. With my new carrier, my next premium is due before the year expires so I'll count that as another 10K if they renew.

By my math - my bank account will have at least $50K less in it because of this lawsuit - *If I get reasonable insurance when this really over.   That money has to come from somewhere, and I see it as coming from my annual SEP (retirement) contribution.  So the kick in my nuts at the end of the day is this will cost me a year of my life that I will have to delay retirement to compensate to meet my retirement funding goals.  

And don't ask my wife about the lost sleep, nightmares, "parts not working as they should" etc in the first few months as I was trying to figure out what I did wrong.  I was convinced they had to have something on me to do this, and it ate me up because I couldn't think of anything they could have.

View Quote

Glad this round is over, and I hope you don't have to step up for another round.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:47:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:48:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Congratulations, brother.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:50:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Excellent news!  So glad to hear it, this stuff is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:51:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Another example of parents not having their child involuntarily committed to a mental institution.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:53:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:55:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Congratulations!!
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:58:12 PM EDT
[#35]
our legal system is so fucked. you cant touch the guy legally because hes dead and broke, but the family can sue the shit out of you and cause you damages. I assume you cant go after the family?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:04:19 PM EDT
[#36]

I'm good, but you can buy a  hoodie if you want.  
View Quote

Congrats brother. I hate that you had to go through all this stress, money, and inflated insurance costs - but thankfully it's over.

Order placed
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:05:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Glad to hear it. It sucks that they can just decide to burn $50k of your money, though. Do you have any recourse?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:16:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OSUBeaver] [#38]

- parents depositions

View Quote

I've read almost this entire thing.  Holy crap OP.

TL;DR it is batshit crazy and kind of goes like

Q: Was your daughter crazy?
A: Nope
Q: Was she ever in a mental institution?
A:  Well there was a couple times
Q: Did she ever talk about killing herself
A: Well she said she wanted to die

That's not an accurate account, but it is that crazy.  A whole lot of attempts to deflect and "not remember," and blame anybody else other than the batshit crazy family.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:41:02 PM EDT
[#39]
By my math - my bank account will have at least $50K less in it because of this lawsuit
View Quote

So what I'm hearing is you need 100 people to buy an ADCO hat with a signed copy of the dismissal order for $500?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:42:33 PM EDT
[#40]

Depends on how you calculate it.  
In checks written just for "lawsuit stuff" under $15K.
I had to close my shop to attend the depositions, court ordered meetings, drive downtown and pay for parking.   Lost business and lost personal time has a value to me, but not sure how to price that.
I paid an extra $10K a year in insurance the last 2 years that I don't believe I'd be paying if this didn't happen.  Actually, the insurance carrier  I found to replace my carrier that dropped me - also dropped me last month.  (No one wants you if you have an open claim with a death) I did find another carrier at the last minute, at an even higher rate. With my new carrier, my next premium is due before the year expires so I'll count that as another 10K if they renew.

By my math - my bank account will have at least $50K less in it because of this lawsuit - *If I get reasonable insurance when this really over.   That money has to come from somewhere, and I see it as coming from my annual SEP (retirement) contribution.  So the kick in my nuts at the end of the day is this will cost me a year of my life that I will have to delay retirement to compensate to meet my retirement funding goals.  

And don't ask my wife about the lost sleep, nightmares, "parts not working as they should" etc in the first few months as I was trying to figure out what I did wrong.  I was convinced they had to have something on me to do this, and it ate me up because I couldn't think of anything they could have.

View Quote

Thanks for the reply.

It saddens me not only on the financial loss, but the emotional stress on you, your family, and employees.

I've followed this topic quietly from the beginning.

I think it's time for this community to come together and help refill your coffers.

We lack the brotherhood other organizations shine at. The same ones that try to silence us and the ideals we have, are very good at collecting and organizing. I don't understand why we fail at that?

I don't have the answers. But I'm willing to help.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:26:50 PM EDT
[#41]
I read all 195 pages of depositions from the parents and the expert. Good Lord. What a bunch of fools.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:29:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: braapJob] [#42]
Originally Posted By OSUBeaver:

That's not an accurate account, but it is that crazy.  A whole lot of attempts to deflect and "not remember," and blame anybody else other than the batshit crazy family.
View Quote

It was fucking insanity. I had to read the addlebrained dad’s responses 2-3 times because he just kept avoiding any and all accountability with an actual answer. The last lawyer asking “how did we get from suing Jerry to suing Steve/ADCO” made me want to rip out whats left of my hair. Simple question, mental gymnastics non-answer.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:36:04 PM EDT
[#43]
God DAMN but that is good news!
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:47:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#44]
Im thrilled this ordeal is done for you!

Fuck those shitty assholes who put you through this.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:57:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Best news of Friday 5/24
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:01:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Wow!  Great news!!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:38:32 AM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

- parents depositions

My favorite part of that was how his lawyer walked through the 4473 questions, and the old lady had no idea.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:44:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:44:46 AM EDT
[#49]
While I don’t know you personally OP, I have followed this thread since its inception.

I am genuinely happy for you. I am glad to see that there is still some “good” in this world.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:54:20 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Best news I have heard all week.
Page / 49
Top Top