Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 47
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:06:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ludicrous_Speed] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WTXTremor:

SOB Fabrication makes the nicest rear bumper IMO for the Powerwagons. You can get them with 1 or 2 swing outs, or without any swing outs. Also Expedition One has some nightmare stories out there as far as service and actual availability.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/567462/AFC3E4C8-12B8-4349-B43F-6AF6D33C459D_jpe-3165566.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/567462/489548AC-32FC-40C7-974B-3D5CFDD129B5_jpe-3165567.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/567462/DDF5032E-C1A0-4A3E-927C-50A160929F99_jpe-3165569.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WTXTremor:
Originally Posted By TinLeg:

BTW - if the wife enjoys riding along, just hates the steep stuff, Rimrocker is an excellent choice.  If camping is an option there are some great spots along the way.  The section closest to Moab is very rough and kinda boring (in my opinion) but it's easy to bypass.

If camping is not an option it may not be a good choice.  Figure on spending at least one night on the trail.  My track shows ~12 hrs moving and 12 hrs stopped.  That included one night and several 'look about' stops along the way.  I was taking it easy but also not lollygagging, if that makes sense.

Here is my Share of the track and waypoints.  

https://www.gaiagps.com/map/?loc=10.1/-108.4769/38.3130&pubLink=mrP0Yj7xFvNZUZ3UqlK6YBR3&folderId=089bd4f3-de07-4cc0-8c89-995010b8475f

ETA:  I ripped off the driver's tubular step in the aforementioned incident and my preferred replacement option, Randy Ellis designs sliders, are aparently no longer being manufactured.  Did you run across any similar rocker guards (mounted to the body specifically) in your research?  I may also try to factor in a different bumper.  Currently looking at Expedition1.  But... pricey.

SOB Fabrication makes the nicest rear bumper IMO for the Powerwagons. You can get them with 1 or 2 swing outs, or without any swing outs. Also Expedition One has some nightmare stories out there as far as service and actual availability.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/567462/AFC3E4C8-12B8-4349-B43F-6AF6D33C459D_jpe-3165566.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/567462/489548AC-32FC-40C7-974B-3D5CFDD129B5_jpe-3165567.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/567462/DDF5032E-C1A0-4A3E-927C-50A160929F99_jpe-3165569.JPG

Chassis Unlimited is also an option. Just took delivery of mine today.

I would agree with WTXTremor about SOB, but from what I could tell, their option requires a lot of body trimming. Something I didn't want to do. If that's okay with you, I would probably go that route. The simple cam latches they use, while not pretty, are much less likely to have issues, and if you do, they're easy to service.

Expedition One seems to have cleaned up most of their teething issues, but it bugs me how expensive they are, and then they want you to pay more for what everyone else automatically includes, powder coat. And if you want a warranty on that coating, you have to pay even more. Plus I don't particularly like their hold open latch.

Unfortunately, market is limited. To be honest, the easiest option is probably to just get a Rigd. If you don't like it, take it off, stock bumper is still there.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 1:08:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks guys. It’s the front bumper that needs replacing.  Ironically if I were to replace the rear that one would be a good option as I dented that part of the bed on BB pass.  

And the running boards / side steps hence the original question.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:08:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Do any of those mapping programs show inholdings?  We have Wayne National Forest here in Ohio but it contains a patchwork of private property.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:18:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:
Do any of those mapping programs show inholdings?  We have Wayne National Forest here in Ohio but it contains a patchwork of private property.
View Quote

Yes. There is a private/public property layer.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:23:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:
View Quote
OnX Hunt does. OnX Offroad app description says it does as well but I haven't tried it. The Hunt version is gtg though.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 1:33:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys. It’s the front bumper that needs replacing.  Ironically if I were to replace the rear that one would be a good option as I dented that part of the bed on BB pass.  

And the running boards / side steps hence the original question.
View Quote

TinLeg. I've got a Chassis Unlimited Diablo front bumper that I should receive in the next few weeks. Only issue is they aren't letting you buy them right now because one of their suppliers isn't making some of the stock they need to fabricate it, so they've removed them from the website. So that means any review I would give is kind of worthless

Also can't really help on the side rails as I just took off the body mounted factory ones that come with the 75th Anniversary edition in favor of some White Knuckle frame mounted units.

Sorry!
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 5:25:50 PM EDT
[#7]
What it's all really about

Attachment Attached File

Trip stickers have been piling up, and I didn't really want to stick them on the truck.  Hopefully I can fill it up in the next year or so!
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 9:39:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FerrousDueler] [#8]
Any of you running around Little Rock in a green converted LMTV rig?
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Caboose314:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187062/1000007978_jpg-3168292.JPG

Trip stickers have been piling up, and I didn't really want to stick them on the truck.  Hopefully I can fill it up in the next year or so!
View Quote

This is it for me, too. I want a mixture. I'd like to do some BDRs and such where it's a week of seeing few people and enjoying nature. But, I also really enjoy these kinds of places and collecting a token as a reminder.

I've got about 30 magnets on the door to our back porch from all the places we've been over the last few years. Its a great reminder every time I see it of how much I enjoyed those places.  Were going to about 10 more this year during July (mixture of off roading and visiting NPS and State Parks) and I've already got plans to go to Overland Expo West next year and hit up 5 or 6 new places. Well, not totally new. But new to my wife, and places I haven't been since i was a teenager (Yosemite & Sequoia)
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:43:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Ludicrous_Speed:

This is it for me, too. I want a mixture. I'd like to do some BDRs and such where it's a week of seeing few people and enjoying nature. But, I also really enjoy these kinds of places and collecting a token as a reminder.

I've got about 30 magnets on the door to our back porch from all the places we've been over the last few years. Its a great reminder every time I see it of how much I enjoyed those places.  Were going to about 10 more this year during July (mixture of off roading and visiting NPS and State Parks) and I've already got plans to go to Overland Expo West next year and hit up 5 or 6 new places. Well, not totally new. But new to my wife, and places I haven't been since i was a teenager (Yosemite & Sequoia)
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ludicrous_Speed:
Originally Posted By Caboose314:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187062/1000007978_jpg-3168292.JPG

The Mist trail in Yosemite remains one of my most memorable hikes!  It should be a fun trip!  

Honestly I'm a hiker who got a truck/rtt to get me to more parks/trailheads, but then came to enjoy the offroad part of overlanding (IDBDR made some epic memories).  Thats the important part, be the grandparent with interesting stories one day
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:04:31 AM EDT
[#11]
I went from Lakeview or to burns or.   80% off road.    Took about 10 hours with some screwing around.  

It really solidified my need for  inflate/deflate gear and a winch.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:47:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By hungrymonkey:
I went from Lakeview or to burns or.   80% off road.    Took about 10 hours with some screwing around.  

View Quote

Yes.  Deflating your tires will change your life on rough forest / fire roads.  An inexpensive viair compressor is worth every dollar.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:48:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Yes.  Deflating your tires will change your life on rough forest / fire roads.  An inexpensive viair compressor is worth every dollar.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hungrymonkey:

x2

the Viair 88p is fantastic if you are running 32-34" tires. Got one in each vehicle.

Get a good deflator too. I've got ARB but they all do the same.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

x2

the Viair 88p is fantastic if you are running 32-34" tires. Got one in each vehicle.

Get a good deflator too. I've got ARB but they all do the same.
View Quote

I've been happy with my Viair 88P, too. I used it to air up my 35s, when I had them and use it still.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:34:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TinLeg] [#15]
Even if all you have is a cheap wal mart inflator, it’s with the time and effort to air down and future effort to air back up.

It’s that much worth it.

When you want to go a little more boujie.  Get a set of tire deflators and a nicer air compressor. Full boujie is air compressor rigged into the truck. Extra boujie is air lines run to each corner and/or a hose rigged with a connection for each tire.

——-

Picked up my new toy in Denton Monday AM and drove it several hours West.

1996 FJ80 triple locked with many mods.  Re-geared to 5.29 on 38x14.50 Wrangler MTRs.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:22:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Nice! SCS F5s are my favorite Toyota wheels ever.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:26:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Even if all you have is a cheap wal mart inflator, it’s with the time and effort to air down and future effort to air back up.

It’s that much worth it.

When you want to go a little more boujie.  Get a set of tire deflators and a nicer air compressor. Full boujie is air compressor rigged into the truck. Extra boujie is air lines run to each corner and/or a hose rigged with a connection for each tire.

——-

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/20677/CBD898E4-BB47-4EC4-8F58-F91290E7057B-3170450.jpg

1996 FJ80 triple locked with many mods.  Re-geared to 5.29 on 38x14.50 Wrangler MTRs.
View Quote

Congrats…welcome to the gang!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:27:19 AM EDT
[#18]

It’s that much worth it.

——-

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/20677/CBD898E4-BB47-4EC4-8F58-F91290E7057B-3170450.jpg

View Quote

Congrats…welcome to the gang!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:40:33 AM EDT
[#19]

My Tacoma likes your setup and so do I.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:07:15 AM EDT
[#20]

It’s that much worth it.

——-

View Quote

Supreme tits
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:23:28 AM EDT
[#21]
So jealous.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:35:18 AM EDT
[#22]

It’s that much worth it.

——-

View Quote

Now that’s hot

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:22:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Guess it's time for me to get into this thread. I have been working on this 2020 TRDOR that I bought in August.
Attachment Attached File

Got it all stock with only 45K miles on it. Was in a front end wreck and whom ever fixed it did a piss poor job so I have been dealing with that.
Anyways, so far have installed a ICON stage 1 suspension kit, 4xinnovations shackle flip kit, DIY front skid plate, Anytime rear locker, 5.29 gears, Method 704 17" wheels and MT 255 85R 17 Baja Boss AT tires.
Also OEM led headlights and hood gas strut kit.
Working on slider right now and front bumper in the future.
So far I really like the truck, just haven't had it on the trails yet. Not much good four wheelin in Central KS.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:24:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By sandfantom:
Guess it's time for me to get into this thread. I have been working on this 2020 TRDOR that I bought in August.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/229616/20240306_090224_jpg-3170763.JPG
Got it all stock with only 45K miles on it. Was in a front end wreck and whom ever fixed it did a piss poor job so I have been dealing with that.
Anyways, so far have installed a ICON stage 1 suspension kit, 4xinnovations shackle flip kit, DIY front skid plate, Anytime rear locker, 5.29 gears, Method 704 17" wheels and MT 255 85R 17 Baja Boss AT tires.
So far I really like the truck, just haven't had it on the trails yet. Not much good four wheelin in Central KS.
View Quote

Very nice, I really want a lift next!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Thanks Fellas.  It's basically ready to go eacept for some convenience things.

Charging for my phone.  Which I have figured out except need to find a place to mount the hardware.  I'll pull the dash apart slightly and see whats there.

Mount for an arm to hold iPad at roughly right hand below eye level.  I'm not a fan of windshield sunction cup mounts.  Loved the bulletpoint bracket that mounted so well in my PW.  I haven't managed to find anything similar for a ~30 year old toyota.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:00:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Did the following over the last couple weeks:

- front sway bar delete
- rear sway bar upgrade to Addco Performance ACO-K2-301-0U
- swapped Toytec Superflex Rear Coils - RCC2.0-P for Toytec Rear XD Extra Duty Superflex Coils - RCCXD-P
- threw some OCD rear sway bar links in there too
- adjusted front coils appropriately for higher rear ride height as well

Liking the stance more for sure

Before

After

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#27]

Charging for my phone.  Which I have figured out except need to find a place to mount the hardware.  I'll pull the dash apart slightly and see whats there.

Mount for an arm to hold iPad at roughly right hand below eye level.  I'm not a fan of windshield sunction cup mounts.  Loved the bulletpoint bracket that mounted so well in my PW.  I haven't managed to find anything similar for a ~30 year old toyota.
View Quote

I have a dash mount from Expedition Essentials.  Not sure if they have what you're looking for.
https://expeditionessentials.com/collections/frontpage
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:19:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By PewAddictAnonymous:
Did the following over the last couple weeks:

- front sway bar delete
- rear sway bar upgrade to Addco Performance ACO-K2-301-0U
- swapped Toytec Superflex Rear Coils - RCC2.0-P for Toytec Rear XD Extra Duty Superflex Coils - RCCXD-P
- threw some OCD rear sway bar links in there too
- adjusted front coils appropriately for higher rear ride height as well

Liking the stance more for sure

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/499093/IMG_9745-3170816.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/499093/IMG_9746-3170817.jpg

Before

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/499093/IMG_9660-3170818.jpg

After

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/499093/IMG_9747-3170819.jpg
View Quote

Noice.

Let's get it dirty.

@amped
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:26:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By 3one5:

I have a dash mount from Expedition Essentials.  Not sure if they have what you're looking for.
View Quote

Unfortunately no, nothing there will fit.  The stuff to look for would be:

FJ-80
FZJ-80
Toyota Landcruiser
Lexus LX450

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:36:44 AM EDT
[#30]

FJ-80
FZJ-80
Toyota Landcruiser
Lexus LX450

View All Quotes

FJ-80
FZJ-80
Toyota Landcruiser
Lexus LX450

I gotcha

Here ya go
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:28:06 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

https://www.bh3dprinting.com/

Not only the best cupholder ever but also a “useless cubby insert” that you can bolt RAM balls to for phone and iPad.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:54:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Thank you fosters and thank you Chairborne.

Those cupholders are darn near ubiquitous.  Every FJ80 i sat in has had one.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Thank you fosters and thank you Chairborne.

Those cupholders are darn near ubiquitous.  Every FJ80 i sat in has had one.  
View Quote

All 3 of mine have them.

Congrats on the new ride!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:52:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TinLeg] [#34]
Originally Posted By Chairborne:

All 3 of mine have them.

View All Quotes

All 3 of mine have them.

Sweet.  I'm new to the 80 series - but not new to built vehicles. Supposedly this one has had the HG replaced about 100k miles ago.  Still has the EGR system.  If/when i have to pull the heads for another HG, i'll do the EGR delete.

rest of the build spec per the listing:

2.5 ICON Coils
Triple adjustable MMR Dobinson shocks
Delta Radius Arms and Pan Hard Bar
Timbren Bump Stops
F5 17 inch wheels
38X14.50 Goodyear MTRs - less than 1500 miles on them

RCV 30 Spline Axles front and rear
5.29 Nitro Gears
Double Cardan rear drive shaft and a new Toyota front drive shaft
Upgrade 105 Sector Shaft with PSE Hydro Assist

slee transfer case skid plate.

4X4 labs bumpers and sliders.

spare tire mount / bracket inside the cargo compartment.  

The prior owner appears to have liked the 'clean' look and so has the spare tire in the back - whereas i'd prefer the extra cargo room.  I'm curious if i can get 4x4 labs to ship the necessary parts to re-build the rear bumper with their swingout kit.  Or alternatively, i may sell what's on it and replace it.  That spare uses up lots of space.

Having made the mistake of "too built" (for what i want to do) before, i was a bit apprhensive about highway manners.  But it does quite well on the highway for what it is.  Manners at 70 MPH (75 by the gauge) are fine.  Just not getting there very quickly.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:38:24 PM EDT
[#35]

Sweet.  I'm new to the 80 series - but not new to built vehicles. Supposedly this one has had the HG replaced about 100k miles ago.  Still has the EGR system.  If/when i have to pull the heads for another HG, i'll do the EGR delete.

The prior owner appears to have liked the 'clean' look and so has the spare tire in the back - whereas i'd prefer the extra cargo room.  I'm curious if i can get 4x4 labs to ship the necessary parts to re-build the rear bumper with their swingout kit.  Or alternatively, i may sell what's on it and replace it.  That spare uses up lots of space.

Having made the mistake of "too built" (for what i want to do) before, i was a bit apprhensive about highway manners.  But it does quite well on the highway for what it is.  Manners at 70 MPH (75 by the gauge) are fine.  Just not getting there very quickly.  
View All Quotes

All 3 of mine have them.

2.5 ICON Coils
Timbren Bump Stops
F5 17 inch wheels

5.29 Nitro Gears

That’s a nice build! If you want to ditch the EGR without pulling all the pipes and valve this will disable it easily enough.

https://huddexpo.com/1995-1997-fzj80-egr-temp-sensor-test-plug-kit/

Speedo correction is easy too, if you’re so inclined.

https://www.yellr.com/

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:00:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By sandfantom:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/229616/20240306_090224_jpg-3170763.JPG
View Quote

@sandfantom
Man, until you said it was in a wreck, I was wondering if that was mine.  I traded mine in last year.  I traded it in lifted with 6112/5190s.  I pulled all the armor, bumpers, and sliders before I sold it.  You have a skids for yours yet?  If not, PM me.  

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

Noice.

Let's get it dirty.

@amped
View Quote

@finslayer83 legs do it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

All 3 of mine have them.

2.5 ICON Coils
Timbren Bump Stops
F5 17 inch wheels

5.29 Nitro Gears

Very very similar build to mine regarding suspension…I went with Dobinsons springs and icon 2.5 remote res shocks
The sumo gears in the T Case make a load of difference…
I just need to install this turbo
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:38:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Even if all you have is a cheap wal mart inflator, it's with the time and effort to air down and future effort to air back up.

It's that much worth it.

-

View Quote
That's awesome.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:11:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By jb31:

@sandfantom
Man, until you said it was in a wreck, I was wondering if that was mine.  I traded mine in last year.  I traded it in lifted with 6112/5190s.  I pulled all the armor, bumpers, and sliders before I sold it.  You have a skids for yours yet?  If not, PM me.  

View Quote

Thanks but I am building my own. Got the frame plates done and all the metal bought so just need to bend tube and weld it together.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:55:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Anyone have a diesel heater?

How are you handling adding a port to a camper?

I'm thinking of adding a dryer vent port like this.

then possibly using a snorkel on the same port as a positive pressure system to reduce dust build up in the camper while moving.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:46:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chairborne] [#42]
Originally Posted By AgeOne:

https://assets.leevalley.com/Size4/10062/12K9414-magvent-mv-flex-dryer-vent-connector-i-04-r.jpg

then possibly using a snorkel on the same port as a positive pressure system to reduce dust build up in the camper while moving.

View Quote

Most diesel heaters I’m familiar with use 3” hose and dryers use 4”.

I use one of these on my diesel heater to keep critters out of it. Should do the trick.

Amazon Product
  • INCLUDES: (1) 3-inch Aluminum Blast Gate

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:20:58 PM EDT
[#43]
interesting. I think I'm going to have my brother make something up on lathe the for it.

I like the magnetic quick disconnect so it will just snap on and off.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:06:17 AM EDT
[#44]

https://assets.leevalley.com/Size4/10062/12K9414-magvent-mv-flex-dryer-vent-connector-i-04-r.jpg

View Quote

I used these 3" aluminum flanges.  Lowes had a water tight plug that fits in to keep crap out.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:39:11 AM EDT
[#45]

I used these 3" aluminum flanges.  Lowes had a water tight plug that fits in to keep crap out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13223/IMG_0294_jpeg-3172672.JPG

View All Quotes

Niiice, that's a big brain play.

I have those in the clean-outs on drain lines at my house. Good re-purposing.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 2:59:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TinLeg] [#46]
I'm getting all the 'makes it nice to spend time in and drive long distances' stuff out of the way.

Extra battery tray ordered.

Delta Vehicle systems battery combiner mounting bracket ordered.

Washer bottle relocation kit ordered.

Factory Center Differential Lock switch installed.  (will do the pin 7 mod so i can keep center diff unlocked in Low).

Useless pocket cubby insert installed.

Various parts and pieces coming from coolgear.com, 67 designs, RAM mounts, Blue Sea Systems, etc.

replacement overdrive switch assembly ordered.  (previous owner screwed up the pins in the connector when he replaced the shifter handle)

AC blows cold now that i recharged it with one of the autozone recharge kits.  We'll see how long it holds.  The last time i went without AC in Texas summer i was young and tough and 17.  I like AC.  

Prior owner did a piss poor job wiring some lights which i guess he removed.  To his credit he taped off the cut wires but based on what i can see, it was not well done in the first place.  (fuses were in-line fuses in the middle...  not at the battery, for one).  But i got rid of all that and will prep it with better wire and strategically placed Blue Sea Systems fuse boxes for future mods.  Probably extra driving lights, to start.

I'm drooling over the replacemet gear shift console from Delta Vehicle Systems...

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

those look pretty good too.

I wonder if it would be in anyway safe to just vent the exhaust from the diesel heater and leave the heater inside.

or if I'll wake up dead.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:03:00 AM EDT
[#48]

those look pretty good too.

I wonder if it would be in anyway safe to just vent the exhaust from the diesel heater and leave the heater inside.

or if I'll wake up dead.
View Quote

Most diesel heaters are meant to be installed in the vehicle with the exhaust vented to the outside.  I have a forced air propane heater that is capable of being installed under the vehicle and exposed to the elements.  However, I installed it in an enclosure in my trailer.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:33:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Got a lot of work done on this little guy. Stuff I didn't have the tools or knowledge to do. But tonight, he helped chauffeur me to get dinner.

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:48:02 PM EDT
[#50]

Most diesel heaters are meant to be installed in the vehicle with the exhaust vented to the outside.  I have a forced air propane heater that is capable of being installed under the vehicle and exposed to the elements.  However, I installed it in an enclosure in my trailer.
View Quote

but it seems if most people leave them outside, and run a vent hose in because they're a bit noisy.
Page / 47
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top