Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2001 1:52:23 PM EDT
Does anyone besides myself think that the Chinese gov't is trying to provoke the USA?  
First the attack on our surveillance plane; the the illegal detention of our military personnel and now the insulting verbal assault on GWB.  
Is the beginning of attempts to inflame us into either limited or open warfare?
What do you think?
[X]
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 2:05:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Nah... Just standard political rhetoric and posturing.  Chinese are just upset 'cause they don't have their hand in the President's pants anymore.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I've always said that the Chinese would not have pulled 90% of the crap that they got away with under Clinton, if there was a Republican President (Nostalgic for Reagan).   I would sleep a lot better at night if we developed and adopted a ballistic missile defense program.  With the way Clinton was selling our nuclear secrets, they will have all of our missile technology very soon.  China poses our biggest nuclear and military threat in the future- 1 BILLION Chinese, with a modernized, nuclear capable army (someday), would be considered a military superpower equal to or greater than the US.  I doubt that we would even have enough ammo!  It's as good a reason as any to teach your kids to shoot well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#3]
RYANG
We haven't seen this level of blatant political posturing since the USSR in the early 60's and then their support of Vietnam in late 60's early 70's.
I am very glad to have a Republican in White House but am concerned over stupid party changers who are too weak to stand behind their President and are offended when they aren't invited to W.H. for a Teacher of the Year presentation.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#4]
 It's a psyops probe, to determine the response of the new President.  Armed conflict is not in China's interest at present, they have yet to deploy the technology stolen for them by Clinton.  "To defeat one's enemy without battle, is the highest art of war."
           [grenade]
 You can believe this: as sonn as the Chinese think that they can take us, they will.. And given the number of rounds expended per enemy KIA, WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH AMMO TO KILL THEM ALL!
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#5]
The great shame of it all is that the libs don't see it.  They are too busy either selling out to pave the wave or holding hands and singing "I love you, you love me" and it is only those that think as we do are concerned with the future of our children and the world they live in.
[X]
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 6:36:42 PM EDT
[#6]
[X]
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 7:45:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Sooner or later we will have a serious conflict w/ China. It may be the US vs. China and the U.N. if things really fall apart.

radioman
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#8]
CHINA
Why do we as a nation support the economy of another nation that is openly hostile towards us?  

UN
Why do we, the greatest nation on the face of this planet, answer to lesser nations whose political ideologies dictate that they undermine and replace our own.  

It is nothing short of treason to conduct business with China, our enemy.  We may be living in a smaller world as a result of our evolved technologies and economy, but to participate in the illegal circumventing of the Constitution of the United States as a requisite mandate for this participation is nothing short of treason.  

Unfortunately, until we as a nation can get off our a$$es and mobilize our votes (for better or worse), we will be lead around by the nose and controlled by those more motivated....I could go on, but whose listening?
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 9:14:38 PM EDT
[#9]
This is pure Aggressiveness.......... [img]http://www.darkinternational.com/arpic.jpg [/img]
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 9:44:33 PM EDT
[#10]
So, King, ya trying to say that they're ripping off the M16? Thought the Chiccoms were in love with the AK's. Whatever. Nuke 'em now with no risk, or nuke 'em later, with lots of American casualties.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 10:10:16 PM EDT
[#11]
That grip on the AR looks weird, is it some kinda Airsoft gun or something?

radioman
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 10:43:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That grip on the AR looks weird, is it some kinda Airsoft gun or something?

radioman
View Quote

No, that's a Norinco thiang sold in Canada..Looks like a Plinker LITE, do you think, Radioman?
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 3:41:13 AM EDT
[#13]
[X]
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 5:00:28 AM EDT
[#14]
"Nuke 'em now with no risk, or nuke 'em later, with lots of American casualties."

Hmmm... Here is an idea worthy of consideration.  Multistage fusion weapons would indeed fry the Chinese.  But, what do we do about the fallout from the strike(s)?  I am sure Japan would be very offended about the
extermination of their population.

Bet the grain crops in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas and so forth would gain great benefit from a massive dose of fallout also.  Cancer rates aren't high enough now, and we need to thin the population anyway.

In short, "nuke the Chinese" is a bad idea.  Unless you want to end civilization...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top