Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2001 2:25:30 PM EDT
My history teacher was telling one of his students this, which I just happened to over hear.

He said that he used to hunt all the time for birds, and shoot lots. However, one day, his cat got into a fight with another, and this old lady came running out, and tried to break up the cats. However, his cat scratched her(duh) on the leg.

Later that day, she told her son what happened, he took a shotgun, and went to my teachers house, and shot the cat in the yard. claiming "it had rabbies" (which it didnt).

My teacher said that after that incident, he sold all his guns, becasue there were too many "weirdos" like that out there.

I didn't bother to waist my time w/ him... but, wouldn't you think that you would WANT to keep for guns BECASUE there is "weirdos" like him???

Jesus
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 2:31:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Or the question I am left begging to have answered is.

If the teacher had lost his cat because the "wierdo" had used his car to run it over and kill it would the teacher sell off his car?

The story seems dumb as hell, almost fabricated because it doesn't sound very reasonable in the slightest.

And yes, I'd definitely feel better KEEPING my guns with wierdos like that in my neighborhood.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 2:32:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Hope he did'nt shoot "your cat" in "your yard"?
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#4]
He said it was just outside if "city limits", and several years ago..
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 2:33:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 3:08:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like a bullshit story. If not, did he not trust his own self with firearms? What a fu**ing moron.

radioman
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
. If not, did he not trust his own self with firearms? What a fu**ing moron.
radioman
View Quote

Sounds like it to me, Captain Find out if he listen's to NIN or The Cure, anybody who does  and can't trust themselves with firearms is probably a suicide risk! (if you want to call it a risk)
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 3:55:48 PM EDT
[#8]
It is probably better that you teacher not have guns.  Maybe he realized that he can't trust himself.  He might have gone after the freak that shot his cat.  He would have gone to jail for murder.

Many many years ago, I had a really cool car.  It kept getting broken into or stolen.  I would get it back and fix it up even better.  I spent a ton of money and many hours working on that car and got furious when it was messed with.  I got to the point where I was sleeping near the door with a gun, so I could run out and blow away the scumbag.  I decided that I had better not have any guns, because I would have killed over that car.  I gave some guns away and sold the rest.  Better the car go than me spend my life in jail for murder.

(The law should be changed to let you blow away car theives.)
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Ya know, if someone walked into our yard with a shotgun, and blew one of our cats to bits.  I really think I'd have a helluva time trying to keep ARlady from returning fire.

not really related, just the first thought that came to my mind
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:13:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#11]
So he got rid of his red ryder and batman squirt gun.....who cares.....[grenade]
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:32:28 PM EDT
[#12]
To bad the cat could not shoot back...I got mine trained to fetch ball, let's see what's next, Humm..
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:34:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Let this be a lesson to all:

When you need to kill your neighbor's cat, be sure to lure it onto your own property with a can of tuna and do the deed with a relatively unnoticeable weapon, preferably at night or in a discreet location. Remington cbEEs in a .22 rifle come to mind.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:36:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:36:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It is probably better that you teacher not have guns.  
I decided that I had better not have any guns, because I would have killed over that car.  I gave some guns away and sold the rest.  
View Quote

I know is out of context but you sound a bit NWO to me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
To bad the cat could not shoot back...I got mine trained to fetch ball, let's see what's next, Humm..
View Quote

Was your name Bill Wallace in a prior life?  Try name-calling and a little vitriole and I'll know for sure.  LOL
View Quote
                                        Ole`   Bill Wallace is a mouldrin` in the grave!!!!....NOT.........[smoke]
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Tell him that history repeats itself and
he is out of cats.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 10:39:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Blame the guns, Blame the guns!!

They are evil, they tell you to do things.  

Look at one wrong and BLAM, no more head.  

Don't blame the weirdos, just ban guns!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top