Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2001 10:13:33 PM EDT
hey guys-

been kicking around the idea of a long slide 9mm.  my first choice was an hk - but elites and experts 9mm are not imported into the us.  i already have two 45's so - i thought a 9mike could be fun.  don't like 40's as their recoil spike is too sharp for me.

anybody got one?  do you like it?  are they all 'compensated'?

thanks in advance

steve
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 2:10:56 AM EDT
[#1]
YES!!! love it, my carry gun, would be good for a comp gun, longer sight radius, balanced better, factory 3.5lb connector.

Not all 34s are compensated, but they all have a cut in the forward area of the slide to take a little weight out for balancing.  This cut out makes it look like the bbl would be ported.

Get it, youll like it, 17 or 33 rounds, good times.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 2:26:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Seriously, what is the benefit of owning a long-slide 9mm Glock in CA? You cannot purchase hi-cap mags for it in CA nor can you bring them into the state. Do you want this gun to be your target or competition gun? If not, perhaps a 20 or 31 would be a better choice? And they will be fun, I'm sure. :)
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 6:23:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I also have one and I love shooting it. It's really easy to shoot accurately. Good trigger, sights, and not too heavy for a full size pistol even with a loaded hi cap mag inserted.
I also have a G23 40S&W. I personally don't think its much different than shooting the 9mm. It makes for a great concealed carry gun.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 8:18:18 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks guys-

just wanted to get some feed back on them.  i have some hi caps i've had for a few years and no gun.  got them on a hunch at a pomona show at a price i couldn't pass up.  was going to get a garden variety 17 as i have always liked it.  i just thought the 34 would be kinda cool.  as far as use - it would be just for fun.

thanks. now i had to save!

steve
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 8:59:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a Glock 34 about a month ago with 2 new factory drop free hicaps.  They put the big cut out in the slide for cycling purposes with standard ammo.  It is one awesome pistol.  I did replace the extended mag catch with a standard one as  it stuck out a little too far for my taste.  I recommend it highly.  It is about the same size as a 1911A1 and a Beretta 92FS.  A little smaller in fact.  Not much though.

patsue
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top