Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 5/22/2001 8:21:04 PM EDT
I recently picked up a real nice used Beretta 92FS 9mm. The gun shoots 100% and I'm looking to "soup it up" a little... Who sells barrels for this gun??? What should I be looking for??? Stainless??? I'd like a ported barrel too... Also, is there any conversion kits available to upgrade to .40 cal??? or just go with a model 96... ...Just wondering...
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 12:35:20 AM EDT
I've never bought anything here but it looks like they got some good stuff. I was thinking about getting one of the buffers for my Taurus PT-101. BTW does anyone know what all is interchangeable between the Baretta and the Taurus? [url]www.norecoil.com/abarrel.htm
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 1:35:58 AM EDT
According to Beretta you can not convert the 92 to a 96. Best thing you could do aside from better barrel is to replace the recoil spring with a stiffer one form wolf gun springs. And get the INS trigger conversion from them as well. It is a mild shooter as it is, but with a stiffer spring and a recoil buffer from Brownells, follow up shots are faster. Just dont get too stiff a spring, or you will have ejection problems. Stock spring is 13#, I went with a 15# and it works great.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 6:48:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/23/2001 6:47:51 AM EDT by Sparky315]
If you must have a ported barrel, get a 6" barrel from Bar-sto or Jarvis and have it ported. Stay away from the pre-ported barrels from Federal Arms- they're crap. You get what you pay for in barrels. And you can't upgrade a 9mm Beretta to a .40. If you want a .40, get a 96G Elite or Elite II. Beretta made some smart modifications to those models.
Top Top