Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2001 3:07:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 3:09:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate snakes. I kill 'em whether they hiss or not.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 4:29:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I only kill water moccasins and rattlesnakes, but all snakes look like moccasins and rattlers to me!

Especially, when stumbled upon in the woods.

Eric The Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 4:33:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 9:17:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Anything with no shoulders scares the hell outta me. Will kill them if I can do it from a distance.

Aviator
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Any defining marks?, head shape , color, etc?
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 9:24:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I shot a snake with a 12 guage once.  It was by a pond and it looked p!$$ed, so BANG!
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 12:21:12 AM EDT
[#9]
About a week ago I'm lounging on the front porch when suddenly I hear my wife let out a blood curdling scream. Before I can get ot my feet she bolts out the front door. From what I could gather in the 10Gig of information she blurts out in the next 1.5 seconds is that while working in the flower beds she had come across a snake enjoying a little siesta. I leisurly wondered out back to take a look, but guess what, no snake. A worried look comes across my wifes face. She then orders a seek and destroy take no prisoners mission. I go poking through the flowers and spot about 8 inches of a tail sticking out. I grabbed what turns out to be a 4 foot chicken snake and gently toss him into the driveway. My wife about FREAKED out. "Kill it,kill it,kill it!!!" I then try to explain that he's no threat and probaly doing us a favor. She's having no part of that, the snake mean while is confused as anything. I pluck Mr. Snakey up and tell the wife I'm thinking about putting him under the house(was kidding of course) She then unleashes a barage of threats that would make a sailor blush towards me. It kind of annoyed me to here her talk like that so I motioned like I was going to throw it in her direction. ZOOM!!!, she's in the house. I then proceed to carry the snake across the road and let him loose in the hay field. "Good hunting my friend." The wife has'nt played in the flowers sense. I will note that if it had been a copperhead I would have fetched a hoe and turned him into several pieces. But the fun scaring the wife was priceless.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 12:34:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
About a week ago I'm lounging on the front porch when suddenly I hear my wife let out a blood curdling scream. Before I can get ot my feet she bolts out the front door. From what I could gather in the 10Gig of information she blurts out in the next 1.5 seconds is that while working in the flower beds she had come across a snake enjoying a little siesta. I leisurly wondered out back to take a look, but guess what, no snake. A worried look comes across my wifes face. She then orders a seek and destroy take no prisoners mission. I go poking through the flowers and spot about 8 inches of a tail sticking out. I grabbed what turns out to be a 4 foot chicken snake and gently toss him into the driveway. My wife about FREAKED out. "Kill it,kill it,kill it!!!" I then try to explain that he's no threat and probaly doing us a favor. She's having no part of that, the snake mean while is confused as anything. I pluck Mr. Snakey up and tell the wife I'm thinking about putting him under the house(was kidding of course) She then unleashes a barage of threats that would make a sailor blush towards me. It kind of annoyed me to here her talk like that so I motioned like I was going to throw it in her direction. ZOOM!!!, she's in the house. I then proceed to carry the snake across the road and let him loose in the hay field. "Good hunting my friend." The wife has'nt played in the flowers sense. I will note that if it had been a copperhead I would have fetched a hoe and turned him into several pieces. But the fun scaring the wife was priceless.
View Quote

I bet you have to sleep on the couch for a week or so...........
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 12:44:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
[snip]
I then proceed to carry the snake across the road and let him loose in the hay field. "Good hunting my friend." The wife has'nt played in the flowers sense. I will note that if it had been a copperhead I would have fetched a hoe and turned him into several pieces. But the fun scaring the wife was priceless.
View Quote

There are a few people on this board that could learn a thing or two from you thistle.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 2:31:47 AM EDT
[#12]
I've lived in CA all my life and never even seen a snake. Are they something I would enjoy shooting? he he
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:01:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I hate snake too, but they taste good.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:49:29 AM EDT
[#14]
thistle: ROTFLMAO.mmk
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 5:12:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 5:23:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Ok, I had a pet green snake as a kid and I've seen some pretty big rat snakes and black snakes in barns, but I will send a copper head or rattler in my yard to snake heaven.

I had a box of books and crap in shed behind my house. well the shed's roof started leaking so I brought the stuff into the garage, which was in the way so I put it in the attic.  Well I had always had squirrels in the attic.  One day I was up there looking for something and came accross a 4 foot snake skin that had been shedded! I think my exact words were, "Jesus H Christ that's a f!@#$ snake!" 2 strides and I was in my neighbors yard. The then wife would not have a snake anywhere in the house (even though I did not have any rodents in the attic anymore).  Thus a search and destroy mission starts. Armed with a benjamin pump and a flashlight I go after him. I am looking around for 15 min and I stand upright and the sob is in the rafter at my eye level! At this point I shit my pants, shoot the snake and fall through the ceiling up to my waste.  My wife is in the living room looking at my lower torso hanging from the ceiling and I'm stuck with a snake in death thows about 6 inches from my head.

so from now on, as long as they don't mess with me, I don't mess with them
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 5:31:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Just had this discusion on another board.
I had a bushmaster snake chase me and 11 other green guys, after about 50 yds of top speed moving, IN BROAD DAYLIGHT, he was gaining on us and we started to shed equipment.
Then the bastage wouldnt let us get our equipment, we waited most of a day before we dispatched him with a loud bang, nobody was going after him with a machete`. Bushmasters find a nice meadow and claim it as there`s. Do not cross that meadow
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 6:21:52 AM EDT
[#18]
When I was 10, my father and I were clearing some brush when he spotted a snake.  He called for my mother to bring him his "K" S&W .22, which he always kept loaded with bird/snake shot.  My mother brought the pistol back out, and down the hill.  She didn't see the snake until she was right up on it. When she saw it, she started screaming and pulling the trigger,and almost shot her foot off.  Of course, I thought this high comedy.  She grounded me for a week. . .
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 7:01:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I had a box of books and crap in shed behind my house. well the shed's roof started leaking so I brought the stuff into the garage, which was in the way so I put it in the attic.  Well I had always had squirrels in the attic.  One day I was up there looking for something and came accross a 4 foot snake skin that had been shedded! I think my exact words were, "Jesus H Christ that's a f!@#$ snake!" 2 strides and I was in my neighbors yard. The then wife would not have a snake anywhere in the house (even though I did not have any rodents in the attic anymore).  Thus a search and destroy mission starts. Armed with a benjamin pump and a flashlight I go after him. I am looking around for 15 min and I stand upright and the sob is in the rafter at my eye level! At this point I shit my pants, shoot the snake and fall through the ceiling up to my waste.  My wife is in the living room looking at my lower torso hanging from the ceiling and I'm stuck with a snake in death thows about 6 inches from my head.

View Quote

LMAO, I would have paid cash to have seen this
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 7:19:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just had this discusion on another board.
I had a bushmaster snake chase me and 11 other green guys, after about 50 yds of top speed moving, IN BROAD DAYLIGHT, he was gaining on us and we started to shed equipment.
Then the bastage wouldnt let us get our equipment, we waited most of a day before we dispatched him with a loud bang, nobody was going after him with a machete`. Bushmasters find a nice meadow and claim it as there`s. Do not cross that meadow
View Quote

Bushmaster=Death!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top