Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 502
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Bull market support band is at 49k. Which is 33% from the top.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CBags04:
View Quote

I’d be happy to buy a bunch at 49k
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:50:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sebastian_MacMaine] [#3]
Despite the bloodbath over the last 3 trading days, the ETFs added 1142 on yesterday's report and 5400 on today's.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:57:04 PM EDT
[#4]
BLOODBATH
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:10:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ToxicMasculinity] [#5]
Originally Posted By Enzo300:

Well then today is your lucky day.. again.
View Quote

Well now I'm out of extra dollars If it's still discounted next week I'll load up.

Price only means how cheap/expensive it is to get more. A real crash would be great. Depending on why of course
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Tremors 2 "I Am Completely Out Of ammo"
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Got_Nukes:

I'd be happy to buy a bunch at 49k
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Got_Nukes:
Originally Posted By CBags04:

I'd be happy to buy a bunch at 49k
I would have been happy to wait until then.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:02:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Sebastian_MacMaine:
Despite the bloodbath over the last 3 trading days, the ETFs added 1142 on yesterday's report and 5400 on today's.

https://i.imgur.com/2y4xrU2.png

https://i.imgur.com/siutKsm.png
View Quote

Another view of it:

Attachment Attached File

GBTC can't bleed forever.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:47:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:10:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:04:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rifleman_1646] [#11]
Got filled at 61100...kinda thirsty for more

Yes, this could get ugly very quickly
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:19:41 AM EDT
[#12]
61k...that's a buying price right?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:22:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fulcrum-5] [#13]
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/coinbase-ceo-says-exchange-infrastructure-needs-upgrades-after-recent-outages/ar-BB1kaQZI

(Bloomberg) -- Coinbase Global Inc. Chief Executive Officer Brian Armstrong said the company will need to pump more money into improving its trading infrastructure after users experienced problems buying and selling as the price of Bitcoin began surging at the end of February.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 2:45:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sebastian_MacMaine] [#14]
Originally Posted By HEATSEAKER:
Next bull cycle I'm throwing some serious scratch into alts and meme's. Pepe and Dogwifhat are going to be my best buds before I kick them to the curb.
View Quote

Whoops!  Can't show the rest of that pic on here.  If only they'd worn burqas!
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:01:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Brahmzy:
$61,243
View Quote

Did I win?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:55:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Did I win?
View All Quotes
$61,243

Did I win?

Depends on what time Wednesday to make the official call, now, when the etf market opens at 9:30, when the etf market closes, etc but I would say you nailed the low so probably.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:17:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Nosler180:

Depends on what time Wednesday to make the official call, now, when the etf market opens at 9:30, when the etf market closes, etc but I would say you nailed the low so probably.
View All Quotes
$61,243

Did I win?

I would say daily close for BTC at 19:00 EST/00:00 UTC, but that's just me.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Caeser2001:

View All Quotes
$61,243

Did I win?

Originally Posted By GhettoCowboy:
Want to play a game?

Since we’re in a period of nice volatility this could be fun.

Guess the price Bitcoin will be on Wednesday March 20th at noon EDT.

I’ll go first: $78,480.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By woodsie:
View All Quotes

Just read this:
Grayscale’s converted GBTC spot bitcoin exchange-traded fund saw record daily outflows of $642.5 million on Monday — breaking the prior $640.5 million peak set on Jan. 22.
22 Jan is when the ETFs previously dipped and I started buying - those positions are still up over 50%.  

The newborn nine ETFs — excluding Grayscale’s converted fund — have amassed nearly 489,000 BTC ($31 billion), with BlackRock’s IBIT reaching almost 250,000 BTC ($16 billion) in AUM alone.

In comparison, assets held by Grayscale’s higher fee GBTC fund have fallen by 38% from around 619,000 BTC to 385,665 BTC ($24 billion) in the same period, per BitMEX Research — now holding less than the newborn nine combined.

I wonder if the record GBTC bleeding is enough to cause the current dip - seems likely as the ETFs are still buying(but they are slowing down).  

Seems like this week is a good time to buy more!
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Obo2:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Obo2:
$61,243

Did I win?

Want to play a game?

Since we’re in a period of nice volatility this could be fun.

Guess the price Bitcoin will be on Wednesday March 20th at noon EDT.

I’ll go first: $78,480.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:05:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Morgan321:

Just read this:
22 Jan is when the ETFs previously dipped and I started buying - those positions are still up over 50%.  

I wonder if the record GBTC bleeding is enough to cause the current dip - seems likely as the ETFs are still buying(but they are slowing down).  

View All Quotes

Just read this:
Grayscale’s converted GBTC spot bitcoin exchange-traded fund saw record daily outflows of $642.5 million on Monday — breaking the prior $640.5 million peak set on Jan. 22.

The newborn nine ETFs — excluding Grayscale’s converted fund — have amassed nearly 489,000 BTC ($31 billion), with BlackRock’s IBIT reaching almost 250,000 BTC ($16 billion) in AUM alone.

In comparison, assets held by Grayscale’s higher fee GBTC fund have fallen by 38% from around 619,000 BTC to 385,665 BTC ($24 billion) in the same period, per BitMEX Research — now holding less than the newborn nine combined.

I'm sure we were due for a pre-halving correction no matter what but I'm sure the GBTC bleed is making it worse.

The fact that all of the other ETFs are still having net inflows even during this correction tells you a lot about how the strong the market could be after GBTC dies.

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#22]
The fact that all of the other ETFs are still having net inflows even during this correction tells you a lot about how the strong the market could be after GBTC dies.
View Quote

If you look at the GBTC outflow vs ETF buying, the dip in late-jan and this week both occurred when the net ETF/GBTC demand was lowest.  

If my match is correct, the halving will reduce the daily supply of bitcoin from around 1000 to about 500 - or about a $30m/day reduction (at $65k per btc).
That's not a massive decrease in supply relative to the ETF volumes, but if the GBTC supply slows around the same time the decrease in supply would be much more than a blip.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:01:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:12:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GhettoCowboy] [#24]
$65000 on Wednesday since I'm trying to get some fbtc at market opening tomorrow, if I don't get any then $75000. Sure would have been nice to get some over the weekend when btc was at $65000 but no, markets are closed.
View Quote

$63,600 at noon, I declare you the Bitcoin Oracle of the week sir!

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:20:35 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes
$65000 on Wednesday since I'm trying to get some fbtc at market opening tomorrow, if I don't get any then $75000. Sure would have been nice to get some over the weekend when btc was at $65000 but no, markets are closed.

Not really, then I would have known to wait until Wednesday to buy etf shares, could have had about 15 more shares then what I have but that's how my luck goes, so I guessed at what my bad luck would be. Lol.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:59:28 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Dude!  Now get your own Twitter feed and ststaT telling everyone that you know how it's going to play out!
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#27]
For perspective as we await JPow and friends:

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:48:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Was never able to successfully link a bank account last time I messed with Coinbase a couple of years ago. That is resolved. Throwing $100 in to have some skin in the BTC game in addition to my FBTC.

This will motivate me to learn about what wallet to use and cold storage. I plan to go heavier into BTC eventually. I believe it’s definitely here to stay and have for a while.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By bkpkr:
Was never able to successfully link a bank account last time I messed with Coinbase a couple of years ago. That is resolved. Throwing $100 in to have some skin in the BTC game in addition to my FBTC.

This will motivate me to learn about what wallet to use and cold storage. I plan to go heavier into BTC eventually. I believe it’s definitely here to stay and have for a while.
View Quote

Congrats!  Welcome aboard.  Once you've been Orange pilled, there's no going back.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:58:22 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Did you end up using plaid to link your account?

Which exchanges/marketplace can I use that don't need to?  Tried the micro transactions but that didn't seem to work.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 2:11:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Ender875:

Which exchanges/marketplace can I use that don't need to?  Tried the micro transactions but that didn't seem to work.
View All Quotes

Yeah, went through plaid. It never would work for whatever reason in the past. No idea about anything beyond that.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 3:46:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JG_Wentworth] [#32]
Is putting everything you have in Bitcoin a good way to keep your assets from being seized ( whether from lawsuits or garnishments for example)?

As long as you don't reveal your keys, it can't be seized right?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 3:50:45 PM EDT
[#33]
How'd that work out for the founder of the silk road?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 3:51:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By JG_Wentworth:
Is putting everything you have in Bitcoin a good way to keep your assets from being seized ( whether from lawsuits or garnishments for example)?

View Quote

Not today Mr. IRS man.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 3:52:15 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

sure but if you are being looked a tthat hard you won't be able to get them out to fiat, sure you could find folks who will accept btc as payment for other shit...
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 3:58:50 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

I’m not an attorney and you should definitely consult with one.

But, assets can be tracked via on-ramps and off-ramps. Once discovered, a court can compel you to give up your passwords/passphrases.

Besides, in any legal proceeding, you will have to complete a financial disclosure where you will have a choice to list everything or lie to the court.

Unless you have a stash of pirate treasure and access to a black market exchange, the chances of staying anonymous are slim.  They don’t call it a public ledger for nothing.

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By goloud:

But, assets can be tracked via on-ramps and off-ramps. Once discovered, a court can compel you to give up your passwords/passphrases.

Besides, in any legal proceeding, you will have to complete a financial disclosure where you will have a choice to list everything or lie to the court.

Unless you have a stash of pirate treasure and access to a black market exchange, the chances of staying anonymous are slim.  They don’t call it a public ledger for nothing.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By goloud:

I've heard of mixing services that kind of mix your crypto in the ledger. Or privacy cryptos like monero. Do those work?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:22:51 PM EDT
[#38]

I've heard of mixing services that kind of mix your crypto in the ledger. Or privacy cryptos like monero. Do those work?
View Quote

In theory. Yes, they “work”.

Keep in mind you are trusting a third party to split up your bitcoin and send it to multiple addresses. Some of these services are on the OFAC sanctions list. And even if you somehow are ok with all of that, mixed bitcoin can be flagged as suspicious by some exchanges.

The cure is worse than the disease.

Get a lawyer. Discuss legal ways to protect your assets.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:32:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Up $1,400 in the last 1/2 hour.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#40]
If anyone needed more BTC, hopefully you bought the dip!
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 5:14:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By newglockster:
View Quote

.00150487 @ $64,105
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 5:21:33 PM EDT
[#42]
It's getting sad when shitcoins and bitcoin are the only positive gains in my portfolio
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Good optimistic episode if you have an hour to kill:

Bitcoin ETFs Have Changed the Game with Nik Bhatia

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 5:58:53 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote
Fail

last buy was at 70k, then it dropped.

moved some $ to buy at 60k and the it jumps to 67k before I can execute.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 6:00:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By STJ:
Fail

View All Quotes
Fail

It's fun to annoy people with telling them my last bitcoin cost 3KWh.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By SuperHeavy:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SuperHeavy:
Fail

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:35:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Fail

View All Quotes
Fail

Sold a bunch of silver today to buy bitcoin. Now the price jumped.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:06:34 PM EDT
[#48]
If my match is correct, the halving will reduce the daily supply of bitcoin from around 1000 to about 500
View All Quotes
If my match is correct, the halving will reduce the daily supply of bitcoin from around 1000 to about 500

900 to 450.  It's just math.  6*24*reward.  Reward went 50->25->12.5->6.25->3.125

True as far as it goes.  As Goloud noted, courts can hold you in jail for contempt until you disgorge your keys.  There have been men held for years behind bars because their ex-wives claimed in divorce proceedings that the men were hiding assets in secret accounts, which may or may not have been true.

How'd that work out for the founder of the silk road?

The FBI literally watched and waited until he was using his laptop in a library and rushed him and took the laptop away before he could shut it down.

It's unlikely that someone in the middle of a divorce or bankruptcy would be subjected to that much effort by the feds.

Mixers mix your legitimately acquired BTC with that of drug dealers, exchange hackers, terrorists, and other 12yos who want "privacy".

Monero has been slowly dying because most people don't care that much about hiding assets or evading taxes.  I've read that unless both you and the other party do everything correctly, secrecy isn't as perfect as is asssumed.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:03:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fulcrum-5] [#49]
Originally Posted By Sebastian_MacMaine:

Monero has been slowly dying because most people don't care that much about hiding assets or evading taxes.  I've read that unless both you and the other party do everything correctly, secrecy isn't as perfect as is asssumed.
View Quote

Yeah, it's one of those things that's a great idea, in principle....but, in practice, the folks who'd really get the most of out using it...tend to be rich enough that they don't really need to use it, or have other (simpler, more straightforward) ways of moving money.  The number of folks who:

1) Have the money to make it worthwhile.
2) Have a need for (kinda) anonymity.
3) Need to move money in quantity.
and
4) Don't have national intelligence/police/financial crime agencies (who have a couple of ways around the technical anonymity of the cryptcoin...often not involving the coin itself) observing them.

....is a pretty thin market, and likely not enough oomph to make Monero (and, apparently, TRON, which has been linked to Hezbollah and Hamas funding) a bigger thing.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:07:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Fail

View Quote

Limit orders.

If you do it with coinbase you can park money in usdc and get 5% while you wait for dips to get bought automatically.
Page / 502
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top