Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2004 12:42:15 PM EDT
When a job application asks for a clean driving record, what does that mean? No tickets/accidents/dui/etc? How many speeding tickets can I have? Its a government job.
Link Posted: 3/24/2004 12:46:03 PM EDT
[#1]
"Clean" to most auto insurance companies means no tickets or claims for the past 36 months.

Gov't?  We'll see.
Link Posted: 3/24/2004 12:46:29 PM EDT
[#2]
For a clean record, no moving violations, but you may be able to slide if they were long ago enough that you don't have any more points off your lisence.
Link Posted: 3/24/2004 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I have to venture that it means:

No DUI
No License Suspensions
No other Misdemeanor/Felony motor vehicle convictions

I don't think it means:

No speeding tickets
No parking tickets
No Minor other traffic violations

Just a guess though.
Link Posted: 3/24/2004 12:52:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I think you can have all the parking violations you want, moving violations and suspensions for any reason are what count.
Link Posted: 3/24/2004 1:05:39 PM EDT
[#5]
one that doesn't have beer stains on it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2004 4:13:59 PM EDT
[#6]
When I hire for the driving job, I require a "good driving record".  This means no more than four points, no more than two moving violations in the last three years, no reckless op or DUI.

Larry
Link Posted: 3/24/2004 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#7]
clean=no tickets, no accidnets per the DMV

SGtar15
Link Posted: 3/24/2004 4:20:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Clean driving record means TO ME the driving record reflects no moving, or vehicle violation convictions of any type.

Parking tickets generally don't get reported on a DL.

Insurance goes back 3-5 years depending......

Most States keep records for about 5 years, minimum. Many keep records longer. DUI will stay on a driver's record MUCH longer depending on the state.
Link Posted: 3/25/2004 12:35:50 AM EDT
[#9]
No misdemeanor violations such as DUI, wet reckless, reckless, exhibition of speed ect.

Speeding tickets and fender benders are generally okay.
Link Posted: 3/25/2004 1:39:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Seriously I got a ticket for driving on the sidewalk, is that like worse than speeding?
Link Posted: 3/25/2004 3:25:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Seriously I got a ticket for driving on the sidewalk, is that like worse than speeding?
View Quote

As long as you learned your lesson, you're good to go.
Link Posted: 3/25/2004 4:30:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

...only if you were shooting your .357 in your Ranger while driving on this sidewalk.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top