Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2001 9:27:13 AM EDT
just bought a .22 auto rifle and a .410 bolt gun with ammo at a garage sale. I usualy buy anywhere from 2 to 10 weapons in garage sales each year I have been in colorado. man it sure was not like that back in ca. what have some of you bought out there? me quite a few .22's a couple of shotguns and some hunting rifles.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:47:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Not yet, so far did'nt find anything without rust
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:57:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not a big yard sale guy but I once bought a Browning .22 lever action that was like new for $75.00 at one. Retail is around $300.00. I also bought a Camo German WWII Wermacht helmet for$10.00 and Sold it at the OGCA for $400.00. If your lucky or spend alot of time looking you can get some real treasures.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 10:08:31 AM EDT
[#3]
see a few rusted ones also and the ones that want more than you can get a new one for but how can you go wrong with what uncle buck found (great deal). todays finds wasn't the best ones but a springfield .22 autoloaded with scope and a coat to coast .410 plus two boxes of .410 shells and a new unopened brick of win. .22 ammo for $70 is not to bad. makes good trading material. here in colo. springs lots of military surplus but I like those gun deals once in a while.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 12:28:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I went to a garage sale recently where they had a bunch of duck decoys and racks mounted and caually asked if they had some old guns for sale.  The women looked at me like I had asked to have sex with her daughter and I thought she was going to go off on me.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 12:34:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

....I usualy buy anywhere from 2 to 10 weapons in garage sales each year...
View Quote

We need new legislation to close the garage sale loophole.... and limit the number of weapons that can be purchased at garage sales too....

In fact let's just ban garage sales.... after all these are tax free enterprises... [:O]

[sniper]
[b]The Sniper
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 1:25:27 PM EDT
[#6]
it most likely is already a law in ca. I can just now see the atf arresting a 70 year old lady having a lawn sale and selling a old shotgun. then put her on tv and the story reads this could happen to you!!!!!!!! guns are bad and if you mix a gun with a yard sale this could be you!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 3:07:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Some of you guys are lucky.  All I ever see is junk at retail-plus prices.  Although I still can brag about my 9 GI M14 mags at $15 per at the swap meet a few weeks back.  Yes, I bought every one he had
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 3:22:57 PM EDT
[#8]
thats a great find. I have never found one around here all m16 stuff but I keep hoping
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top