BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5083
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
How is it hard to say since ILannoy has both that stupid FOID and registration?  Surely the serial numbers allow for tracing where the Glocks were stolen from with a few simple db searches.
View Quote

You’re rights but I don’t have access to any of that…that’s the role of the police.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:29:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#2]
Originally Posted By ChicagoFoodie:

Almost every single gun seized (with the exception of a few printed ones) were previously stolen. From where, hard to say.

View Quote

Couple decades or so ago, there would be cycles of gun stores in middle TN burglarized in the middle of the night (drive a stolen car through the front of the building, then smash and grab what they could in a few minutes, and be long gone before the cops showed up, for example).  Several stores would be hit, then it would stop for a year or two, then it would start up again.  I talked to one of the store owners, several months after his store had been hit, and he said a couple guns had been recovered in Nashville, then they started being recovered in Chicago.  I think it was a few years after that, that I read about a Chicago alderman/councilman/whatever making some inquiries about thefts of guns from a rail yard in Chicago, and he was told that they were trying to keep quiet about that, because they didn't want people to find out how easy it was to do that and the thefts become more frequent (they were apparently already pretty frequent).  Few years back, a shipment of around 400 guns disappeared from a UPS facility in Memphis - most of those were later recovered in Chicago.  

The gun store burglaries and the UPS theft in Memphis are what I tend to think of, every time some shitty democrat starts going on about how Chicago has a gun problem only because it's far too easy to get guns in other states.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:53:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JPN:

Couple decades or so ago, there would be cycles of gun stores in middle TN burglarized in the middle of the night (drive a stolen car through the front of the building, then smash and grab what they could in a few minutes, and be long gone before the cops showed up, for example).  Several stores would be hit, then it would stop for a year or two, then it would start up again.  I talked to one of the store owners, several months after his store had been hit, and he said a couple guns had been recovered in Nashville, then they started being recovered in Chicago.  I think it was a few years after that, that I read about a Chicago alderman/councilman/whatever making some inquiries about thefts of guns from a rail yard in Chicago, and he was told that they were trying to keep quiet about that, because they didn't want people to find out how easy it was to do that and the thefts become more frequent (they were apparently already pretty frequent).  Few years back, a shipment of around 400 guns disappeared from a UPS facility in Memphis - most of those were later recovered in Chicago.  

The gun store burglaries and the UPS theft in Memphis are what I tend to think of, every time some shitty democrat starts going on about how Chicago has a gun problem only because it's far too easy to get guns in other states.
View Quote

Rail yards are hit often, it’s reported on X
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:10:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 2:25:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 21usernamechecksout:

How is that possible without a legal rental agreement?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 21usernamechecksout:
Originally Posted By RSG:

BREAKING: A woman gets arrested for removing squatters out of her $1,000,000 house in Queens, NY.

Adel Andaloro inherited her family's home in Flushing, Queens after her parents passed away and was in the process of selling it when she noticed that someone illegally moved in.

After she changed the lock the squatters came back and the police arrested her according to the NY landlord-tenant law.

In New York, it's against the law to turn off the utilities, change the locks, and remove the belongings of someone who claims to be a tenant.
Source : ABC7

How is that possible without a legal rental agreement?

All it takes is for the squatter to SAY they have a rental agreement and the police will leave it up to the courts.

In some instances I have heard the squatter simply prints out a rental agreement and fills it out themselves, with no input from the homeowner, so the cops leave it to the civil court.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Jame_Retief:
All it takes is for the squatter to SAY they have a rental agreement and the police will leave it up to the courts.

In some instances I have heard the squatter simply prints out a rental agreement and fills it out themselves, with no input from the homeowner, so the cops leave it to the civil court.
View Quote

That's pretty much what happened in the case featured in this news segment:

Florida lawmakers unanimously pass bill to combat squatting; giving property owners ‘positive hope’

About 1:20 into the video.

I've seen a lot of dismissive commentary about the New York Andaloro case, claiming that squatting is just a blue state issue, but Florida still hasn't fixed some major legal issues to protect property owners here. After my father recently passed away, the rest of the family didn't understand why I was so concerned about keeping up appearances at his vacant house, making the place look occupied, adding exterior lighting, keeping the lawn tidy, installing more security cameras, et cetera.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 3:54:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By djohn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaEHmp-3GyI

I've seen a lot of dismissive commentary about the New York Andaloro case, claiming that squatting is just a blue state issue, but Florida still hasn't fixed some major legal issues to protect property owners here. After my father recently passed away, the rest of the family didn't understand why I was so concerned about keeping up appearances at his vacant house, making the place look occupied, adding exterior lighting, keeping the lawn tidy, installing more security cameras, et cetera.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jame_Retief:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaEHmp-3GyI

They just passed bill to stop it in FL, not sure that DeSantis has signed it yet
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:54:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: djohn] [#9]
Summer of Love, Part Two: Twice the Spice?

Portland will reinstate protest response team ahead of 2024 elections

Police leaders say the unit of 40 officers, costing the city an additional $380,000 annually, will be in place in time to work any election-related protests this summer.
View Quote

Commissioners unanimously approved a 6% salary raise for officers who sign up for a new “Public Order Team” in the Portland Police Bureau Wednesday, establishing the new unit in the process. The proposal came from a bargaining agreement made between city attorneys and the Portland Police Association, the union representing rank-and-file officers.
View Quote

The new team is meant to replace a previous iteration of this squad, called the Rapid Response Team. That group of about 50 officers, sergeants and detectives was dissolved in 2021, after all people assigned to the unit resigned. Their resignation came days after news that one member of the team, Officer Corey Budworth, was being criminally charged for using excessive force during a racial justice protest, and another unit member, Detective Erik Kammerer, was being investigated by the Oregon Department of Justice on similar allegations. The charges against Budworth have since been dismissed, and the state declined to charge Kammerer.
View Quote

ETA

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:00:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Portland police make $150,000 a year?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:36:25 PM EDT
[#12]
This looks like a useful resource for future mission planning entertainment purposes:

https://www.portlandmaps.com/
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:43:14 PM EDT
[#13]
It's deja vu all over again:

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:52:17 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Do they still believe that Kyle killed black people?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:17:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Banditman:

View All Quotes

Probably pissed their white pedo foot soldiers got smoked
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:15:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#16]

View All Quotes

Would it be that surprising if the answer is yes?

Remember that this is a group that is largely made up of people who are led around by someone who yells out a statement and they respond by repeating that statement in unison, apparently regardless of what the statement is.  Regurgitating without question, at its most basic level.

ETA:  Wasn't there an incident of someone pranking them at one of their marches by showing up with their own bull horn and trying to take control of what they were chanting?  Or is my memory off?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Yet not a word from any of them on Denver.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#18]
It's time to go hot....

Migrants break barriers and rush border guards in shocking scene at El Paso
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 5:49:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Would it? Would it be wrong?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:21:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
It's time to go hot....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAqAA_Y9hY0
View Quote
Alwayshasbeen.jpg
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Alwayshasbeen.jpg
View Quote

#Shouldabeenalready
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:40:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Yup
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:05:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:14:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:42:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#26]
What our old RS buddy Greasy is up to.
Best Spring technique....Whacky Rig?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 2:08:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
It's time to go hot....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAqAA_Y9hY0
View Quote
The guards need to fix bayonets.
That would stop that rush.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 3:15:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
What our old RS buddy Greasy is up to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WacROIer-vk
View Quote

Awsome. I like fishing from that kind of boat.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 6:08:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 6:24:06 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

This needs a YouTube channel.

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 8:03:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:26:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 1:38:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Cobalt135:
This needs a YouTube channel.
View Quote

YES!

'Serial squatter' refusing to move out of $2m Seattle property is also accused of failing to pay rent on ANOTHER house for two years despite earning $400k-a-year with his wife at the time

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:27:43 AM EDT
[#35]

YES!

'Serial squatter' refusing to move out of $2m Seattle property is also accused of failing to pay rent on ANOTHER house for two years despite earning $400k-a-year with his wife at the time

View Quote

Korea Town need to throw them a blanket party.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:15:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 4:56:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 5:13:56 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Someone needs to explain Anthony Johnson to him. The first legal Colonial slaveholder was
black man. They were so racist he got a court to hear him out and government gave him
and his offspring land on top of legal slavery.

FIRST slave owner in the Colonies - Anthony Johnson - Forgotten History

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:52:27 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

"Say, 'hello' to my little friend!"
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:11:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:12:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:
View Quote

Our country is lost
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote
Gang members, huh. Dangerous profession. Rivals kill each other all the time. Be a shame if some "rivals" found out where these guys are now holed up.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:24:52 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

lock the doors and set a fire
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Seiran:
Gang members, huh. Dangerous profession. Rivals kill each other all the time. Be a shame if some "rivals" found out where these guys are now holed up.
View Quote

Sad that we now apparently have to leave resolution of various situations to "rivals", but that is the apparent outcome of leftists insisting that police need to keep their noses out of the activities of various protected groups.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:30:31 AM EDT
[#46]

Sad that we now apparently have to leave resolution of various situations to "rivals", but that is the apparent outcome of leftists insisting that police need to keep their noses out of the activities of various protected groups.
View All Quotes

Otherwise known as anarchy.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 12:19:58 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

If it was anarchy you could take care of it yourself.  The police will definitely arrest you for removing gang members from her home.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:09:50 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:22:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mariner82] [#49]
View Quote
Yeah.  Shit happens all the time. Sure would be a shame if it happened to them too.  A real shame.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Yeah.  Shit happens all the time. Sure would be a shame if it happened to them too.  A real shame.
View All Quotes

It would be horrible, HORRIBLE I say, if they burnt down her house in the process and she got a brand new house out of it.
Page / 5083
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top