Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1688
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:47:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Picked up another 500 MVIS this morning at 1.70. Inching my way to 200k.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:04:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oldno7] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

@oldno7 If you want to see some volatility, check out  RDDT -- but does a meme stock on steroids follow normal rules?
View Quote

Appreciate the tip, I've been casually watching.

And to answer your question--NO.

And--in a day of watching, it hasn't produced either a BUY or SELL, for me.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:06:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Finally had my buck sixty-nine buy go through.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:07:10 PM EDT
[#4]
OCGN

Ocugen (NASDAQ:OCGN) shares rose around 16.5% on Friday after an appeals court affirmed a district court decision to dismiss consolidated securities class action lawsuits against the biopharmaceutical company.

Shareholders had filed lawsuits accusing the company of misleading investors about the potential for its Covid-19 vaccine to get a fast-track regulatory review.

The U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania had dismissed the lawsuits with prejudice.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:20:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
Finally had my buck sixty-nine buy go through.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:33:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blupupher] [#6]
OCGN

Ocugen (NASDAQ:OCGN) shares rose around 16.5% on Friday after an appeals court affirmed a district court decision to dismiss consolidated securities class action lawsuits against the biopharmaceutical company.

Shareholders had filed lawsuits accusing the company of misleading investors about the potential for its Covid-19 vaccine to get a fast-track regulatory review.

The U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania had dismissed the lawsuits with prejudice.
View Quote

I hate when I see OCGN here. I bought 200 shares for $0.22. Sold it all when it hit $0.50.
Yes I made money, but could have made a lot more (especially when it hit $12/share in '21), whish I had diamond hands with it.
Oh well, profit is profit I guess.

Also, expect MVIS to drop to $1.60 soon since I just bought 300 more to get me to a nice round number of shares.
I had the buy set for $1.61, but decided to just go ahead and get it now @ $1.70 (only cost me an extra $27 vs waiting for $1.61).
Who knows, maybe for once I actually bought at a low point.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:54:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I got a chunk @ 1.70 to essentially double my position to ~17k.  My first purchase was 480 shares, and churned through ~28k buying and selling that put me up $50k.  Holding on since then has been horrible.  If this don't work I will be looking for a cardboard box to retire to.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Keep eye on weed stocks.

CGC up 60% today and 137% past 5 days.

TLRY up 15% today and 30% past 5 days.

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 2:51:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Scrote:
Keep eye on weed stocks.

View Quote

What are we looking for?

BUY/SELL?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:24:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By oldno7:

What are we looking for?

BUY/SELL?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Keep eye on weed stocks.

What are we looking for?

BUY/SELL?

Moonlambo's of course.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:07:39 AM EDT
[#11]
OCGN  1.83

MVIS  1.75
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:10:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: oldno7] [#12]
Originally Posted By mygreenkaw:

Moonlambo's of course.
View Quote

Yea, I guess I don't know what eye to use.

One has been corrected and see's 20/20 out far but not very good up close.

The other is un altered and see's pretty good up close but kinda sucks out far.

I'm just not sure what eye to keep on CGC, it's almost like the requester was incredibly vague.

But I do want a moonlambo.

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Keep eye on weed stocks.

View Quote
why didn't you mention this last week, asshole?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By goodasgone81:
Please note all my ramblings are just that, last few posts has just been shit I've been thinking about but have little faith it's accurate.... that said I came across this information in yahoo finance app

Shares Outstanding 195.27M
Implied Shares Outstanding 211.07M

I highly doubt yahoo has up to the minute information but it's amusing that I estimated possibly 14 mil new shares going out into the wild and the difference between outstanding and implied outstanding is like 16 mil

My quick crash course is implied is all shares class A, class B,.etc.  I wish I'd been checking that number in the past to see if it's a recent change
View Quote

Just a slight oddity.... implied shares outstanding and shares outstanding on yahoo are now both 195.27
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:54:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TechOps] [#15]
I have some serious questions.

It's says we're on the cusp, but maybe are we just at the tip of the cusp?

Asking for a friend.

CUSP
U
S
P

TIP
I
P
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Glad nothing important happened while I was stuck in a NE blizzard

Cusp soon
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#17]
I move to rename the thread "just the cusp".
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:29:47 AM EDT
[#18]
"just the bicuspid"
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:50:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Just the glans.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:18:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By tornadochaser:
Just the glans.
View Quote

just licking the wet sheets after they had their fun cause I'm too late
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:22:13 AM EDT
[#21]
I've still got my eye out for CGC
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:04:49 AM EDT
[#22]
LAZR

Moving up well, this morning, Sold $1.84
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:28:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rollin-tumblin] [#23]
anyone in DJT?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:49:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Anybody shorting Maersk this morning?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#25]
LAZR

Moving up well, this morning, Sold $1.84
View Quote

Started Buying back @ $1.69, but think it goes lower.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:20:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperHeavy] [#26]
Originally Posted By rollin-tumblin:
anyone in DJT?
View Quote

I tried to find it lastt night to set buys, but didn't show up.

Now it does, after it's up 30%
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:26:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By blackeagle05:
Anybody shorting Maersk this morning?
View Quote

I laughed
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:51:52 PM EDT
[#28]
What a strange looking chart today
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:24:48 PM EDT
[#29]
@Osprey61

I came across a comment stating the MVIS Senior project manager position was filled in Germany. They went on to say that Summit stated once that position is filled then a deal was close/done. Do you have any recollection of him saying something to that affect?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:44:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Nyle_AR15:
@Osprey61

I came across a comment stating the MVIS Senior project manager position was filled in Germany. They went on to say that Summit stated once that position is filled then a deal was close/done. Do you have any recollection of him saying something to that affect?
View Quote

Dun dun dun
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:45:28 PM EDT
[#31]
@Osprey61

View Quote

Call Summit.  Call him.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:27:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#32]
@Osprey61

View Quote

Well, that took some searching.

The senior project manager position did, in fact, disappear off the German hiring board this morning. The guy on StockTwits actually posted a name, but whether that's accurate is uncertain. I've sent an inquiry to PR, if they answer back I'll post it.

I'm fairly confident the person linking that specific position to a contract win made a couple of leaps. First off, I'm almost positive it was Anubhav speaking, not Sumit, because he said it not once but twice in the 3Q23. He was also referring to project managers in the plural, not this exact position.

The first reference:
"Scaling operations with multiple customer wins will not require us to add proportional headcount to our engineering teams. We do not believe that we will need to add more hardware engineers as we expect to just need more dedicated Project Managers along with quality and operations team to manage multiple relationships as we increase volumes and enjoy the resulting economies of scale. We have the ability to add such resources at OEMs preferred locations in North America and Germany.

The second reference was in the Q&A:
"And like I mentioned, for scaling, it is going to be all about scaling similar products. So, that’s when you achieve the economies of scale. So, at that point, we would not need to add more hardware engineers, but that would more be project managers, which will be dedicated resources, managing the particular OEM relationship that will be tasked with delivering that production schedule to make sure any recalls or any associated production nuance that the customer and we have to deal with are taken care of.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:15:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StockDog] [#33]
Trading was slow today.   About 1.1M shares and then about 500k in the last 30 minutes. Some of it could have been after hours.  I checked about 5:15 EST.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:18:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By SuperHeavy:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SuperHeavy:
Originally Posted By rollin-tumblin:
anyone in DJT?

It was trading as DWAC yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:37:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Incidentally, if you're interested in the actual RFQ process and what's actually involved it's well worth going back and re-reading Sumit's comments from the 3Q23. He goes into a great deal of depth about what the OEMs want, and where they stand in the decision making process.

The portion I found most salient was a general reference to the OEM production timeline. He says, per what they've told him, the nominations have to be accomplished by mid-year 2024 to meet the 2027 production schedule. I know the investors are watching the clock like Friday is a hard go/no-go point, but I'd be very surprised if the C-suites are paying it much, if any attention. Sumit said as much...that with millions of units and hundreds of millions of dollars on the line, they (OEMs) aren't going to make any commitment that isn't backstopped by rock-solid analysis, modeling and assurance of fiscal viability.

There was an interesting comment in the 3Q23 about a requirement to show that corporate fiscal viability through start of production...which I would assume means through to 2027. If Microvision was in fact selling off a portion of the shelf last week, that may be exactly what was being done. The quote (with three very minor edits for readability) from Anubhav is here:
"Yes, and if can just add on the financial side, obviously financial due diligence is one of the key criteria that the OEMs are undergoing. And this requires building detailed financial models of how will we support them in cases of multiple RFQ wins. And I think what’s required from our side is to lay out a detailed plan of where the resources are located and how will the production and operations team work in tandem with the engineering team to ensure that the production and the supply chains are secured and intact, because that’s something that they absolutely cannot falter on. So, just by the nature of the financial due diligence, I also feel very good about where we stand in the RFQ process with these customers."

I have almost a quarter million dollars on the table right now. Not as much as a few here, obviously, but well past fun-money speculating on my part. Sumit is holding over a million shares, and his corporate future is likely riding on how this plays out. I hadn't been on StockTwits in quite a while, and was shocked at what a circus that site has turned into, and would spare this thread that fate. This is a speculative risk, yes, but for my part it's one I've done my best to minimize the losing odds on through some exhaustive due diligence. I would encourage everyone else to do the same.

3Q23 Earnings Call Transcript
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:54:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: skydive70] [#36]
saw this on X-- maybe you guys already covered it, but might be something to watch... who knows...

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:40:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rktman26] [#37]
Originally Posted By skydive70:
saw this on X-- maybe you guys already covered it, but might be something to watch... who knows...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/289253/Capture_PNG-3170748.png
View Quote

If anyone is interested in following along, here's a schedule for the manufacturer's press conference:

https://www.autoshowny.com/media-and-press/
Shedule
And here's a livestream:

DELETED - it wasn't good - just some random dude doing what he wanted.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:41:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By skydive70:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/289253/Capture_PNG-3170748.png
View Quote

So, excitement!!

Short at $1.50

Past performance and all!!

Not financial advice, Make your own mistakes.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:47:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Well I had that dream again last night that I noticed my stock take off to $30 and rising, and I was scrambling to get logged into my brokerage account and to pull up this thread for news or to send a heads-up.  In the excitement of trying to do a bunch of stuff quickly and simultaneously, I woke myself up, which is usually what happens.

Of course, it was SENS of all things, so who knows?  
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By rktman26:

If anyone is interested in following along, here's a schedule for the manufacturer's press conference:

Shedule
And here's a livestream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjISjOs4BcE
View Quote

Have any big announcements happened at these shows in the past?  I’m not that familiar.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:51:40 AM EDT
[#41]
@Osprey61
Seen this posted on reddit. What are your thoughts on Sumit's employment contract expiring in 2 weeks?
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/65770/000113626121000197/exh10-1.htm
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:53:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rktman26] [#42]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

Have any big announcements happened at these shows in the past?  I’m not that familiar.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
Originally Posted By rktman26:

Shedule
And here's a livestream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjISjOs4BcE

I'm not familiar either.

I was hoping a big German manufacturer would be in the list of companies having a press conference, but there aren't any scheduled.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:40:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: oldno7] [#43]
ABAT

New all time low.

$1.60

If you divide by 15--you get the pre split value.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:50:01 AM EDT
[#44]
ABAT

New all time low.

$1.60
View Quote

Ah.  I see you are keeping an eye on it.    
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:54:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: oldno7] [#45]

View Quote

Both em.

Actually buying here but not for long term.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:59:24 AM EDT
[#46]

Both em.

https://i.gyazo.com/52657364bbd88683841097ea65fe23a4.png
View All Quotes

Both em.

https://i.gyazo.com/52657364bbd88683841097ea65fe23a4.png

Do you have an exit price yet?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By slayer1:
@Osprey61
Seen this posted on reddit. What are your thoughts on Sumit's employment contract expiring in 2 weeks?
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/65770/000113626121000197/exh10-1.htm
View Quote

I just saw that, it pretty much snuck up on everybody. In fact, it's hard to believe nobody thought to ask that question at the 4Q23.

Walking away would send a really bad signal, and while it's possible I don't see that happening.

He's extremely intelligent, could one of the majors make him an offer he couldn't refuse? Money and a position?

Board renews the contract as part of routine business? Probably the most likely COA.  

Contract not needed because he assumes a new role as part of an acquisition? This is the one I'm going with, and you heard it here first because I just made it up.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:06:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: oldno7] [#48]

Do you have an exit price yet?
View Quote

I see potential to make $1 But $2.30 might have me selling all.

Problem is--I have lots of room to the downside on a Daily chart.(still very much a counter trend trade)

And as stated in the past--my indicators suffer on these low volume penny stocks.

5 minute chart, this morning--so far.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:22:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

Contract not needed because he assumes a new role as part of an acquisition? This is the one I'm going with, and you heard it here first because I just made it up.
View Quote

I like your made up version much better.  

Overnight stock price jumps to $3Fity and we all celebrate in dissapointment!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Clearly I missed GMDA news
Page / 1688
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top