User Panel

Page / 1688
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 3:39:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By snakes19:
MVIS solidly green on day with normal volume
View Quote

MVIS was getting set to put in a new 52 week low today and was saved by the Fed, nothing has changed.

Make hay while the sun shines.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 3:49:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing has changed except if the ATM theory is correct they didn't add more to the market today  .... that's a change
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:01:44 PM EDT
[#3]
How long would it take for the ATM to show up on the books?

Instant, days, weeks?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:02:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By goodasgone81:
Nothing has changed except if the ATM theory is correct they didn't add more to the market today  .... that's a change
View Quote

Volume would suggest that the ATM is filled. Or not…
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:11:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 4Teen_R:
this doesn't sound like MVIS

Hmmm......
View Quote

Well, that sucks.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:36:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By rktman26:

Well, that sucks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rktman26:

Hmmm......

Well, that sucks.

From reading it, it seems to be a "startup". How have the other startups/spacs faired recently?
It is an interesting development.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:37:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Hmmm......
View Quote

who the fuck is steerlight and how are they winning contracts?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Over 3.1 mil volume again and up to 1.82.  Might be worse.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:39:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Stellantis N.V. (NYSE:STLA) announced on Wednesday that the company invested in SteerLight through its corporate venture fund. SteerLight is the developer of a new generation of high-performance LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) sensing technology.

SteerLight uses silicon photonics technology, which combines a universal semiconductor material with the speed of photos. The SteerLight LiDAR was noted to sense the surrounding environment in three dimensions with higher resolution and precision, and at a lower volume production cost, than currently available LiDAR systems. Looking ahead, the technology has the potential to give drivers of future Stellantis brand vehicles better performance in a variety of advanced driver assistance systems, including automated driving.

"A central aspect of our Dare Forward 2030 initiatives is identifying groundbreaking technologies that deliver substantial value to our customers on a large scale," stated Stellantis (STLA) Chief Engineering & Technology Officer Ned Curic.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:40:49 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

When you read it, sounds very much like MVIS technology.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:44:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#12]

Hmmm......
View Quote

Read carefully, this isn't Stellantis the car company, this is Stellantis Ventures. It's a Stellantis venture capital investment fund that specializes in startups, including SteerLight. I think Valeo does have some kind of contract with Stallantis for their Scala 2 sensor, but I haven't heard anything else about it for a long time. Definitely not losing any sleep over these guys, in either case.

Anyway, this should kind of clue you in to where FMCW stands...SteerLight has eight (8) employees.

These extracts are from scientific papers on FMCW. Look it up.
"The implementations of FMCW LiDAR typically require expensive lasers with long coherence length and complex control systems to linearize the laser frequency chirps."

"An FMCW LiDAR (frequency-modulated continuous-wave light detection and ranging) is a sensor that can measure distance using optical interference frequency (𝑓𝑏). This sensor has recently attracted interest because it is robust to harsh environmental conditions and sunlight due to the wave properties of the laser. Theoretically, when the frequency of the reference beam is linearly modulated, a constant 𝑓𝑏 is obtained with respect to the distance. However, when the frequency of the reference beam fails to be linearly modulated, the distance measurement is not accurate."
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:53:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Thirteener] [#13]
https://www.marketscreener.com/quote/stock/STELLANTIS-N-V-117814143/news/Stellantis-2-ME-financing-for-SteerLight-46239805/

"SteerLight announces the closing of a €2 million financing round with a group of investors led by Stellantis Ventures, as well as Quantonation and LIFTT, venture capital focused on deep-tech.

This funding is in addition to a €1.2 million loan from three banks, including Bpifrance.

This injection of capital will enable SteerLight to pursue the development of its LIDAR prototype based on an electronic chip. This technology, which exploits silicon photonics, promises to deliver substantial improvements in terms of performance, cost and compactness over existing LIDAR solutions.

François Simoens, PhD, founder and CEO of SteerLight, explains: 'This round of funding will now enable us to develop a functional demonstrator for testing in an industrial environment, and to accelerate the design of the first LIDAR product prototype. Subsequently, a further round of funding will be required to accelerate production of this product and develop the second generation, which will serve customers in both industry and the automotive sector, aiming for mass production at a competitive price'."

It sounds like they might have a product in 10 years.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Thirteener:
https://www.marketscreener.com/quote/stock/STELLANTIS-N-V-117814143/news/Stellantis-2-ME-financing-for-SteerLight-46239805/

"SteerLight announces the closing of a €2 million financing round with a group of investors led by Stellantis Ventures, as well as Quantonation and LIFTT, venture capital focused on deep-tech.

This funding is in addition to a €1.2 million loan from three banks, including Bpifrance.

This injection of capital will enable SteerLight to pursue the development of its LIDAR prototype based on an electronic chip. This technology, which exploits silicon photonics, promises to deliver substantial improvements in terms of performance, cost and compactness over existing LIDAR solutions.

François Simoens, PhD, founder and CEO of SteerLight, explains: 'This round of funding will now enable us to develop a functional demonstrator for testing in an industrial environment, and to accelerate the design of the first LIDAR product prototype. Subsequently, a further round of funding will be required to accelerate production of this product and develop the second generation, which will serve customers in both industry and the automotive sector, aiming for mass production at a competitive price'."

It sounds like they might have a product in 10 years.
View Quote

Sounds about right for stellantis
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 5:40:13 PM EDT
[#15]
So the 2000 shares I added today are still on the cusp of greatness?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By speedfix20:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Yes,the epic loss will be legendary....
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By m1awolf:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m1awolf:

It's probably been raised to a...**checks chart**...72% chance of failure today
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 6:17:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

Read carefully, this isn't Stellantis the car company, this is Stellantis Ventures. It's a Stellantis venture capital investment fund that specializes in startups, including SteerLight. I think Valeo does have some kind of contract with Stallantis for their Scala 2 sensor, but I haven't heard anything else about it for a long time. Definitely not losing any sleep over these guys, in either case.

Anyway, this should kind of clue you in to where FMCW stands...SteerLight has eight (8) employees.

"The implementations of FMCW LiDAR typically require expensive lasers with long coherence length and complex control systems to linearize the laser frequency chirps."

"An FMCW LiDAR (frequency-modulated continuous-wave light detection and ranging) is a sensor that can measure distance using optical interference frequency (𝑓𝑏). This sensor has recently attracted interest because it is robust to harsh environmental conditions and sunlight due to the wave properties of the laser. Theoretically, when the frequency of the reference beam is linearly modulated, a constant 𝑓𝑏 is obtained with respect to the distance. However, when the frequency of the reference beam fails to be linearly modulated, the distance measurement is not accurate."
View Quote

Sumit needs to tweet “good luck with that”
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

8 employees? Well, at least they have low overhead.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 6:40:29 PM EDT
[#21]
If the fng French clip our nuts we're putting the Arfcom Navy together and foing.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By FMJshooter:
If the fng French clip our nuts we're putting the Arfcom Navy together and foing.
View Quote

I got some PTO…
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
Absolutely
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:42:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#24]
View Quote

Y'all go ahead, keep it up, and I'm gonna change the title...again

You never hear it anymore, but I always liked this song. I think it's the lyrics

World Party - Ship of Fools
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:55:33 PM EDT
[#25]

Hmmm......
View Quote

Lol, french tech. "SteerLight, a spinoff of the French CEA-Leti technology center"

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:57:29 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Hmmm......

Contract? Did you read it? They are a startup.  They have no contract, they probably don't have a product yet.  Stellantis just invested in them.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:36:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

Contract? Did you read it? They are a startup.  They have no contract, they probably don't have a product yet.  Stellantis just invested in them.
View Quote
It's certainly interesting at this point in time. Why would Stellantis decide to fund a tiny company with no product? It makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up thinking maybe the industry as a whole maybe pushing back lidar adoption in the near term.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:12:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By zhass:
It's certainly interesting at this point in time. Why would Stellantis decide to fund a tiny company with no product? It makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up thinking maybe the industry as a whole maybe pushing back lidar adoption in the near term.
View Quote

I realize you said “near term,” but NVIDIA had a big conference this week, and one of their executives pretty much said that everyone is going to end up at lidar.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:27:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CajunMojo] [#29]

Y'all go ahead, keep it up, and I'm gonna change the title...again

You never hear it anymore, but I always liked this song. I think it's the lyrics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHh0V7UjVXI
View Quote

It may be a more fitting title,  at least it feels that way currently.

I have a request though... can we use this version?

Robert Plant - 'Ship of Fools' - Official Music Video [HD REMASTERED]
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:21:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By dbrowne1:

I realize you said "near term," but NVIDIA had a big conference this week, and one of their executives pretty much said that everyone is going to end up at lidar.
View Quote
Yes, it was talked about on the reddit sub.. just another reason the whole thing makes little sense. I know we have had some questionable oem "wins" across the sector in the last 48 hours as well, but are they high volume deals? Idk
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:42:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By oldno7:

MVIS was getting set to put in a new 52 week low today and was saved by the Fed, nothing has changed.

Make hay while the sun shines.
View Quote

Nice to have put some hay in the barn.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:53:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#32]
Here's the NIVIDIA exec's quote...

"Developers will also have access to sensor models from a variety of manufacturers, including lidar makers Hesai, Innoviz Technologies, Luminar, MicroVision, Robosense, and Seyond, visual sensor suppliers OMNIVISION, onsemi, and Sony Semiconductor Solutions, and Continental, FORVIA HELLA, and Arbe for radar."

You have to parse this down. Hesai and Robosense are both Chinese companies, and are targeting domestic production, and most likely the larger Asian market. The US and China are both Saber rattling pretty hard right now, so who knows... This came from an article I'll link below:
"Seyond and Robosense LiDARs use different 2D scan technologies. Both systems display (involve) a complex assembly".

Luminar collapsed backwards so hard a few weeks ago it scared a lot of their investors. The CEO and CFO stumbled all over each other, including a comment about (para) one portion of the lidar solution "being a lot harder than it looked". They may still be viable, but they publicly  said they were pulling back from seeking any new commitments.

I'd never even heard of Seyond, and had to go looking. They changed their English name, used to be Innovusion...and the corporate announcement came out of Beijing. Damn, another Chinese company. I thought this was interesting about their mid-distance Lidar:
"Falcon is a motorized optomechanical scanner using a prism and a set of optical fibers. A non-standard 1550 nm wavelength is achieved by coupling a 1550 nm seed fiber laser with a 940 nm pumping fiber laser and approximately 6 meters of erbium-doped fiber."
So...spinning mirrors. Maybe acceptable in China, but that excerpt is from a Dec, 2023 article, which puts Seyond way behind the power curve.

That leaves Microvision and Innoviz as NIVIDIAs bet on the domestic front.

Sumit has mentioned several times that he believes no one company will capture the entire Lidar market. IIRC he said he thought it would boil down to maybe three primaries, and a couple of minors. I tend to think this list is good news for Microvision.

What's in the box? Chinese Lidars at a glance

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:47:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#33]
Yes, it was talked about on the reddit sub.. just another reason the whole thing makes little sense. I know we have had some questionable oem "wins" across the sector in the last 48 hours as well, but are they high volume deals? Idk
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dbrowne1:

I realize you said "near term," but NVIDIA had a big conference this week, and one of their executives pretty much said that everyone is going to end up at lidar.

It makes sense to me.  If anything, investing VC into a lidar startup today is beneficial news to the sector.  I see it as Stellantis accepting that lidar is (at least part of) the future and wanting to start funding the next generation of research.  Businesses do this all of the time - there's a problem that needs to be solved.  There are products available that can solve it in a satisfactory manner today.  The problem is expected to get more complex and integrated into your business in the future.  While they need to rely on a 3rd party for today's solution, why wouldn't they invest in having a say in what's developed for tomorrow?  

Because at the very least, doing so nets them institutional knowledge of the technology, which may be worth the cost alone.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:49:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Anyone get in on the RDDT IPO?  I put in for 100 shares but only scored 84.  IPO price $34, but indications are opening price will be $44.  Crossing fingers!
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:52:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:

It makes sense to me.  If anything, investing VC into a lidar startup today is beneficial news to the sector.  I see it as Stellantis accepting that lidar is (at least part of) the future and wanting to start funding the next generation of research.  Businesses do this all of the time - there's a problem that needs to be solved.  There are products available that can solve it in a satisfactory manner today.  The problem is expected to get more complex and integrated into your business in the future.  While they need to rely on a 3rd party for today's solution, why wouldn't they invest in having a say in what's developed for tomorrow?  

Because at the very least, doing so nets them institutional knowledge of the technology, which may be worth the cost alone.
View Quote
Those are some good points that I didn't consider. I suppose out of the big 3 they have the least vested experience with any level of adas from what I have researched.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:23:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oldno7] [#36]
MVIS

Sold off balance at Resistance--$1.82-1.83

Now if we can get TGTX to run, it'll be a nice day.

Sold all LAZR-$1.80
View Quote

That was a nice profit and here we are, right back pre Fed.

Bought a little $1.70 but really want a better signal.(next support @ $1.66)

LAZR seems to be holding Fed gains much better,

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:23:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By MongooseKY:
Anyone get in on the RDDT IPO?  I put in for 100 shares but only scored 84.  IPO price $34, but indications are opening price will be $44.  Crossing fingers!
View Quote

Speaking of hopium, don’t they lose like $100mm/yr?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

Speaking of hopium, don't they lose like $100mm/yr?
View Quote
Does that matter in clown world?  Talk about a stock that is ripe to become a meme stock - RDDT is perfectly positioned.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:59:46 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote
I put in for 1,000. Got 1. WTF lol
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 1:12:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By JC_:
I put in for 1,000. Got 1. WTF lol
View Quote
You got greedy

Who do you trade with?  Fidelity here.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Does that matter in clown world?  Talk about a stock that is ripe to become a meme stock - RDDT is perfectly positioned.
View Quote

I think WSB was already talking about shorting it.  I follow some people who are bullish on absolute garbage and even they’re bearish on Reddit.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:31:41 PM EDT
[#42]
You got greedy

Who do you trade with?  Fidelity here.
View Quote
Lol, yes, I did. Schwab but perhaps I should shop around...
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Procat:

I think WSB was already talking about shorting it.  I follow some people who are bullish on absolute garbage and even they’re bearish on Reddit.
View All Quotes

I was considering buying a bunch then selling the initial pop.

I passed.

My bet is they get shorted majorly until they show several profitable quarters.

If I knew how to short, that's what I'd be doing.

But, I do like the idea that they can make money selling their data to AI company's somehow.

Just don't think they will be profitable for some time.  

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:33:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Scrote:

But, I do like the idea that they can make money selling their data to AI company's somehow.

View Quote

The VCs I’ve heard hyping the Reddit IPO have tried making the connection that Reddit is somehow an AI play. The extent as far as I can tell is their $60M deal with Google which just involves Google using Reddit data to train its AI.

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 2:33:43 AM EDT
[#45]

The VCs I’ve heard hyping the Reddit IPO have tried making the connection that Reddit is somehow an AI play. The extent as far as I can tell is their $60M deal with Google which just involves Google using Reddit data to train its AI.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Scrote:

$60m deal?  That far less than I expected.  If their 90m loss last Q includes that 60m, getting profitable will be hard.

When advertisers and investors learn of the topics some subs cover, wonder if they get shut down?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

$60m deal?  That far less than I expected.  If their 90m loss last Q includes that 60m, getting profitable will be hard.

When advertisers and investors learn of the topics some subs cover, wonder if they get shut down?
View Quote

Or maybe Sharpie sponsers a specific sub?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:58:07 AM EDT
[#47]
LAZR losing the battle today

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:01:40 AM EDT
[#48]

https://i.gyazo.com/9f622bb768e712ce51f76ee71f00ce74.png
View Quote

Take a look at OCGN.  Lots of price action today.  Small biotech with a ton of good stuff in the pipeline.  Recent ER is causing the volatility I think.  They will have to do a stock offering soon as they have very limited cash.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:18:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: oldno7] [#49]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

Take a look at OCGN.  Lots of price action today.  Small biotech with a ton of good stuff in the pipeline.  Recent ER is causing the volatility I think.  They will have to do a stock offering soon as they have very limited cash.
View Quote

Wouldn't be a good Buy for me, heres a Daily chart.

I did Buy LAZR, though($1.68)

Picking off a few $1.66 but hard to fill.

Grabbing some more $1.70 MVIS the same way But I think it has to go .04 lower, at least.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:47:10 AM EDT
[#50]

https://i.gyazo.com/9f622bb768e712ce51f76ee71f00ce74.png
View Quote

@oldno7 If you want to see some volatility, check out  RDDT -- but does a meme stock on steroids follow normal rules?
Page / 1688
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top