Author
Team Member
Posted: 2/27/2004 7:37:26 AM
Strip searches lead to Wendy's suspensions

By Stephanie Vosk, Globe Correspondent, 2/26/2004

Managers of Wendy's restaurants in Abington, Wareham, Whitman, and West Bridgewater have been suspended with pay, after they strip-searched employees, the restaurants' corporate office announced yesterday.

Bob Bertini, a spokesperson for Wendy's International Inc., said four Wendy's restaurants fell prey to a scam on Friday, when a caller who identified himself as a police officer informed managers that an employee may have stolen money from the restaurants.

The caller gave the managers instructions to perform a strip search of a single employee at each location, and the managers complied, Bertini said.

Later, however, each manager became suspicious, and reported the call and the incident to local police.

"This is just a very unfortunate situation, and we feel very badly about it," said Bertini. "The managers who were duped are law-abiding citizens. They thought they were responding to direct orders by the police."

None of the searched employees, who are also being paid, has returned to work, Bertini said. All have been offered counseling, he added.

All of the incidents occurred between 7 and 11:30 p.m. Friday, Bertini said.

He said he believes the caller gave the managers enough information to identify one employee to be searched.

© Copyright 2004 Globe Newspaper Company.
When they kick at your front door
How you gonna come?
With your hands on your head
Or on the trigger of your gun?

Clash-Guns of Brixto
Airwolf
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/27/2004 7:54:10 AM
"This is just a very unfortunate situation, and we feel very badly about it," said Bertini. "The managers who were duped are law-abiding citizens. They thought they were responding to direct orders by the police."
Bullfuckingshit! Your managers are dunbfuck sheeple that are PERFECT examples of how far we've been conditioned to mindlessly accept authority in this country. On a phone call only you strip search your employees? No call to YOUR supervisor, no calling the cops back, no checking just a mindless obedience to a voice on a phone. Jesus H. Christ. What total mindfucked drones. We are SO doomed.
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own."
WWoodworth
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/27/2004 7:55:14 AM
Would a reasonable person take it upon themselves to strip search an employee?? WTF were these nimrods thinking?? And it doesn't say much for the person who let themselves get searched either. Sheeple.
Now taking suggestions for a new witty signature line. Please write legibly here: __________________________
Lumpy196
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/27/2004 7:58:02 AM
Wheres the beef?
Ask yourself, "Would John Wayne be having this conversation?"
Airwolf
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/27/2004 8:10:31 AM
Originally Posted By WWoodworth: Would a reasonable person take it upon themselves to strip search an employee?? WTF were these nimrods thinking?? And it doesn't say much for the person who let themselves get searched either. Sheeple.
The problem is that "reasonable people" for the most part fall into the same category as these dumbshit managers nowadays. People like us are branded "UNreasonable", "reactionary”, “uncooperative” or “obstructionists” and berated for our “suspicious nature”. [V]
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own."
avengeusa
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/27/2004 8:23:22 AM
if i had been strip searched i would be the new owner of the wendy's resturaunt
LIVE FREE OR DIE! I SUPPORT ISRAEL!..I will bless those who bless Israel, and curse those who curse Israel...GOD. Yeshua Akbar!
RodeoFan
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/27/2004 8:24:18 AM
Originally Posted By Lumpy196: Wheres the beef?
[ROFL]
AR15
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/27/2004 8:29:15 AM
[Last Edit: 2/27/2004 8:31:58 AM by AR15]
I would have complied, I wouldn't want to loose my job..... Besides, I wouldn't mind owning my own Wendy's. [^]
TomJefferson
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/27/2004 8:35:40 AM
Well, I guess it depends on what she looked like..........................[8D] What's scary is those mangers probably vote too! Tj
"The only thing evil needs to triumph is for good to do nothing."
gaspain
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/27/2004 8:42:27 AM
why is that chipoltle sause there?
The glory of the world is passing by.
Strats
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/27/2004 8:44:06 AM
Originally Posted By Airwolf: People like us are branded "UNreasonable", "reactionary", "uncooperative" or "obstructionists" and berated for our "suspicious nature".
And proud of it.
"You were given the choice between war and dishonor . . . you chose dishonor and you will have war."
wetidlerjr
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/27/2004 8:46:27 AM
Originally Posted By AR15: I would have complied, I wouldn't want to loose my job.....
I had a loose job once! [:D] [devil]
[devil][b]Bill Tidler Jr.[/b] [b][i]I was born in Ohio but I moved to Indiana as soon as I heard about it. ~Herb Shriner[/i][/b]
svi40
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/27/2004 8:50:49 AM
Manager: I have reason to believe you have stolen money from this store. Take of all your clothes and spread em. Employee: [LOL] good one boss,....oh your serious, then take this job and shove it.
dinkydow
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/27/2004 8:54:32 AM
Wendys manager"OK,bend over,I have to check your orfrices,spread 'em (flashlight in teeth).Hmm...... .whats this?Oh my God it's my own asshole I'm checking." "Look.....up between them big 'ole quivering jellow theighs....a single classic with cheese."
"If the enemy opens the door,you must race in."-Sun Tzu.
TheWind
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/27/2004 9:34:23 AM
[Last Edit: 2/27/2004 9:36:08 AM by TheWind]
In NJ you can only strip search for certain offenses, and that is upon entry in the county jail. And if someone wants me to takeoff my clothes, they better be...nah that also belongs on the team forum. What idiot would do it? Yes sir drop my pants.... 'F' you very much!
fight4yourrights
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/27/2004 9:57:58 PM
Originally Posted By Airwolf: Your managers are dunbfuck sheeple that are PERFECT examples of how far we've been conditioned to mindlessly accept authority in this country. Jesus H. Christ. What total mindfucked drones. We are SO doomed.
100% TRUTH.
When they kick at your front door How you gonna come? With your hands on your head Or on the trigger of your gun? Clash-Guns of Brixton
Mmanwitgun
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/27/2004 10:05:20 PM
WTF? The only way you could tell if someones taking cash from the register is by finding cash in their pocket. Well thats strange I usually carry cash in my pocket and wallet, how the fuck could is be labeled "Wendy's" money as opposed to MY money?.
Cold_Warrior
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/27/2004 10:18:59 PM
I would have dropped trou, taken a hellacious dump and then quit. CW
long-rifle-tactical
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/27/2004 10:23:27 PM
But, But, did they find Wendy. Hot and Juicy?
[b]Elif air ab dinich![/b]
neilfj
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/27/2004 11:55:01 PM
All 4 of these are within a few miles of me. Besides the previous comments about the supervisors, what about the morons who did what they were told and submitted to the search? How many of you guys would allow a supervisor to strip search you? And, on the news today was one of the employee's lawyer. His client, a non/limited english speaking man, is already getting poised for his suit. According to the lawyer, he was told to strip and was told by the female manager that he was going to receive oral sex (my words..not the lawyers, but you get the drift). Not only is he going to sue Wendy's for discrimination (?) and sexual harassment, but is going after them to print their employee handbook in multiple languages as one of the issues that contributed to his 'client's' treatment and failure to understand the Company Rules was that he was unable to read and comprehend English. As for the other managers and employees involved in the incident, their actions must have made their parents proud! It must be quite a proud moment to realize how moronic your children are. There is absolutely no excuse for this type of stupidity, not only a 'manager' asking an employee to strip, but and employee actually doing it rather than telling them to f-off and walk out. Makes you wonder about a lot of things, but exactly what could the caller have told them that would have convinced them to perform strip searches...were they stealing chili? Baked Potatos? Honey-mustard dipping sauce?
colinjay
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/28/2004 12:15:56 AM
who are morons? the wendys managers or the ARFCOM members who dont understand that the average IQ of people working at wendys (managers included) is less than 50? i say both.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. -Thoreau
neilfj
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/28/2004 11:10:14 AM
Originally Posted By colinjay: who are morons? the wendys managers or the ARFCOM members who dont understand that the average IQ of people working at wendys (managers included) is less than 50? i say both.
Nope..the managers and the employees. I'm sure most understand that the average 'smartness' of people working at those type stores is pretty low, but it has to be almost non-existent to not realize that something is just flat out wrong. I'm also sure that if it happened at Burger King, MacD, or any other similar establishment, the result would be the same. I think most people are just amazed that so many people were so easily duped and convinced to do something so incredibly stupid.
Kar98
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/28/2004 11:16:15 AM
Originally Posted By Airwolf: No call to YOUR supervisor, no calling the cops back, no checking just a mindless obedience to a voice on a phone.
I know of an actual case where somebody called a local bank, with words along the lines of "This is the local P.D., there's a bomb in your bank. Put all your money in a plastic bag and hang it outside the back window; then run away." And they did! They fucking did! Only later when they figured that there may have been something fishy going on did they call the police back.
This here is my post. Is it not nifty? Worship the post.