Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2001 7:56:36 AM EDT
This sounds like a great way to put a very durable finish on the USGI mags.  Has anyone done this, or know who can do it?

Also, How do you take apart a magazine?
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 8:39:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Nobody has ever done this?
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 9:03:28 AM EDT
[#2]
A USGI mag is already anodized.  Its under the dri-lube coat you see on the outside.  When that coat wears off you are left with the gold or silver tinted anodizing.  There are some places that do the dri-lube coating over the anodizing for freshening up the mag.  There USED to be a member here, Paul308, who did reanodizing and dri-lubing and they looked and worked real well.  Unfortunately he had a problem with actually delivering the products that were ordered and paid for.  Hence, he is no longer a member here although someone adopted his handle.  Not the same person though I think.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 9:06:31 AM EDT
[#3]
To take apart a 30 round mag, turn it over, put a metal cleaning rod in the hole in the bottom of the floorplate, bend the rod toward the front of the mag till the plate tips up enough to push it backwards off the body.  Watch the spring as its under tension.  Then pull the spring and follower down and feed the follower out.  May have to wiggle and jiggle it around, but it will come out.  Reassemble in reverse but you wont need the cleaning rod.  Just push the floorplate back on till it clicks in place.  Notice the little dimples it has to hold it on the body.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 9:12:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 9:24:31 AM EDT
[#5]
If you send me your magazines, I will totally overhaul and refinish them for 33 cents per magazine.

Please send your rifle with the magazines so that I can check for perfect fit....

:)   Paul69
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top