Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2001 8:51:16 PM EDT
Oh crap, here it comes.

[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/537370.asp#Investigates[/url]

I seem to remember someone here who works at Barrett's posting that Dateline had come and shot some footage.

Did it ever air? I know MSNBC recycles Dateline footage. Was it on Dateline, or is it being shown for the first time here?

Either way, let's watch it and create some backlash if necessary. Futile? Yes. But you gotta keep busy. Use my name when you reply, If you want.

(Spelling like a dumbass again. Sorry 'bout the edit.)
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#1]
What type rifle was that? A cheap .50?!? Where do I sign up!?

Aviator
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 9:06:45 PM EDT
[#2]
"MONDAY, May 14, 8 p.m. ET
The .50 Caliber Militia
Meet dozens of extremists fighting an undeclared war on the federal government, with one of the most deadly weapons on earth on their side."

Wow.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 9:07:24 PM EDT
[#3]
"Meet dozens of extremists fighting an undeclared war on the federal government, with one of the most deadly weapons on earth on their side."

Yup, that's me.

gun owner = extremist.
gun owner who supports RKBA = terrorist.

spin, spin, spin.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Typical media "big lie" bullshit. Ya know, I'm not no Nazi, but Hitler's Propoganda Minister, and his "big lie" theory was dead on True, then and now.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 9:33:55 PM EDT
[#5]
If you watch the video clip they talk about Bob Smith's Maadi-Griffin single shot. This is their "relativly inexpensive" .50.

But you will also show footage of the Barrett M82 semi in action, from the hip, rapid fire at that.

So the rest of the program will probably be loaded with lies, half-truths and spins as well.

I saw the ad on the tv at my friends home an hour ago. Will someone be so kind to post a review here after the program. I shut my cable off 7 years ago and have never gotten an antenna (piss pour reception because of the mtns.) or hooked to satellite.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 10:04:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I shut my cable off 7 years ago and have never gotten an antenna (piss pour reception because of the mtns.) or hooked to satellite
View Quote

You ain't missing nothing Bro. Money is better spent on ammo.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 10:11:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Well let's all take a look at it and see what they have to say so we can speak to it intelligently.

Then we can all post our intelligence on here afterward.  I think from the promo we can pretty well figure where they are going with this but I always like to put an eyeball on things.

See ya after the show!

[sniper]
[b]The Sniper
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 10:19:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I shut my cable off 7 years ago and have never gotten an antenna (piss pour reception because of the mtns.) or hooked to satellite
View Quote

You ain't missing nothing Bro. Money is better spent on ammo.
View Quote

Oh, I don't miss it at all. Some times I would like to watch something special like the Olympics or something, but every day tv is not worth watching.

Occasionally I'll visit my neighbor, who has sat., and we'll surf 150 channels and not find anything worth while. And this is on Fri. or Sat. night. We end up playing video games instead. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 10:29:24 PM EDT
[#9]
COOL!!!!

So if my Wife asks how much I spent on this--

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1157297&a=8506291&p=48300550&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]

or This--
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1157297&a=11109695&p=40261517&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]
(The one on the left).

I can say it was "relatively inexpensive!!"--first time the media has ever done anything FOR me.

That's great!!

I know SteyrAUG is, but how many of us here actually own .50's (or uppers)??

Link Posted: 5/12/2001 10:37:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Like AFARR, I have two, one "relatively inexpensive", and one not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top