Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 5/9/2001 12:19:31 PM EST
You epoxied a piece of tungsten into the hollow cavity of a hollow point bullet?
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:21:37 PM EST
It would probably stick [%|]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:21:50 PM EST
don't know........but maybe the bullet won't fly like you think it would.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:23:21 PM EST
Shouldn't be a problem. I put cigarette lighter flints in them to shoot propane bottles all the time without any problems, and without any glue.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:25:37 PM EST
Are you playing with your Dremel bits again?[:)] I did have the same thoughts once when I bought a tungsten bit for mine. But that would get expensive to play with.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:55:06 PM EST
What about a BB or a small screw? Armor piercing? I wouldn't recommend it for self defense. It might fun just as an experiment. Any homemade ammo modification or handload could potentially be used against you in a law suit.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 1:10:30 PM EST
Hows about a small rifle primer?
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 1:20:25 PM EST
Originally Posted By SILVER SURFER: Hows about a small rifle primer?
View Quote
Here's one for you that I heard about recently. Take a big bore hollow point bullet, toss in some black powder and cap it with a rifle primer.(you may have to drill it out to accept the primer, i forget now) It is suppossed to make a nice bang! [:)] I'll get the exact recipe before the night is through.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 2:36:39 PM EST
2% thoriated tungsten I can get by the handfull. Not a problem with price. I was thinking more of a punch on light metal objects could be had. The tungsten being close to the weight of lead and using the hollow point for a collet it would be a little better than just the hollow point, I think. I will try some this weekend out of a .22 and a 9mm. I will put a point on some and blunt the others.
Top Top