Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2001 1:19:31 PM EDT
You epoxied a piece of tungsten into the hollow cavity of a hollow point bullet?
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#1]
It would probably stick [%|]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#2]
don't know........but maybe the bullet won't fly like you think it would.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 1:23:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Shouldn't be a problem. I put cigarette lighter flints in them to shoot propane bottles all the time without any problems, and without any glue.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 1:25:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you playing with your Dremel bits again?[:)]

I did have the same thoughts once when I bought a tungsten bit for mine. But that would get expensive to play with.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#5]
What about a BB or a small screw? Armor piercing?

I wouldn't recommend it for self defense. It might fun just as an experiment. Any homemade ammo modification or handload could potentially be used against you in a law suit.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Hows about a small rifle primer?
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SILVER SURFER:
Hows about a small rifle primer?
View Quote

Here's one for you that I heard about recently. Take a big bore hollow point bullet, toss in some black powder and cap it with a rifle primer.(you may have to drill it out to accept the primer, i forget now) It is suppossed to make a nice bang! [:)]

I'll get the exact recipe before the night is through.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 3:36:39 PM EDT
[#8]
2% thoriated tungsten I can get by the handfull. Not a problem with price. I was thinking more of a punch on light metal objects could be had. The tungsten being close to the weight of lead and using the hollow point for a collet it would be a little better than just the hollow point, I think. I will try some this weekend out of a .22 and a 9mm. I will put a point on some and blunt the others.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top