Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2001 5:53:24 PM EDT
Iam buying a pre ban olympic lower from a person on this web site and will be sending a money order how can i do this without getting ripped off?
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 6:12:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Use a U.S. Postal Money Order!!!!! USPS M.O. are protected, if it was to get lost, stolen or returned you can get a refund. If you were to have a bad deal then the seller will have committed mail fraud and the P.O. will aid in the investigation. Send payment certified mail so you have signed confirmation of arrival. Fill both m.o. and certified mail slip out completely including the 'For' section of the m.o. (example - RRA Ltd. Ed. AR15.com rifle).

Get a detailed description of the item by e-mail this way you have something in writing from him. Call the seller and go over the details again, ask 'are there any problems with this firearm that you (seller) have experienced or know about?' Use your conversation to see how knowledgeable the seller is and if you sense he's trustworthy. Send a copy of his e-mails containing any descriptions of the item and the terms of the deal with your payment. Print and keep a copy of the original for sale post. Keep all incoming and out going e-mails.

Ask for confirmation of payment arrival and to confirm when order goes out. Ask how it will ship and if you could get a tracking #.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Um, unless I'm mistaken, lowers have to be shipped by way of FFL licensed dealers.  It's illegal for someone who is not an FFL to ship them through the mail (unless they were manufactured in or before 1898, which I doubt it was [:)])
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 6:24:13 PM EDT
[#3]
My post is just generic terms for most any internet purchase.  Yes, out of state or FFL purchases must go to another FFL however you should still request out going package info so you don't have to bug your FFL holder.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Unless its an in state private sale it must be shipped to an FFL.  A whole bunch of people got ripped off on gunbroker.com. An A** in Madison, Wisconsin had a whole bunch of cheap HKs.  If its sound too good to be true it usually is. This board and others have feedback on reliable sellers. But if he says he will ship the lower through the mail to you, I hope you like being roomies with Bubba!  Or his Biaatch more likely! Must go through an FFL.  If you bought through an auction site, they have escrow services. Otherwise like the others said, send a USPS MO. And you some Faith.  GOOD LUCK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top