BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:35:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This kind of talk is acceptable now, as long as it comes from the "correct" side.  This selective application of laws and selective recognition of rights is leading to a very dark place, and it's a place where even these assholes will regret going to.
View Quote
It's how they took over both the Soviet Union,Nazi Germany,Communist China,Communist Cuba,Nicaragua,etc etc...

Walks like a duck and throws like a duck....

Welcome to Zimbabwe U.S.A.

Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:44:29 PM EDT
[#2]
A big part of Trump's campaign talked about restoring law and order.  Inciting a riot and advocating for violence is not okay. 
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:16:06 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote
One thing is for sure, he sees a bottom dollar phrenologist.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:18:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Wait, LOl, aren't the segregrationalists the ultra leftists at the universities now? Different graduations and housing based upon race. Lol, what a dumb accusation to make.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:26:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Can we stone associate professors at John's Hopkins if we don't like what they say? Since free speech is now dead in America...
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:47:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Never bring a rock to a gun fight.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:53:47 PM EDT
[#7]
And how would he react if the rocks were coming his way?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:55:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ivory Tower Liberal shouting down and inciting are his fortes not actually getting his hands dirty...
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:00:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
These loons are going to start getting shot and sooner rather than later.

They really are working themselves up to a frenzy.
View Quote
Yup, Echo-chamber lather.

They only exist within their own kind/locations/mentalities.  Hence they only hear that they are good, right and correct; and anyone that is not like them is in the minority and the enemy, worthy of only death.

Their own SELF-SEGREGATION has created a true enemy of liberty and free thought.  One can only hope that their true, violent actions are widespread and concurrent, rather than sporadic, such as single city riots.

Single city events can be manipulated, controlled and any response from our side with be "crazy"

If they attempt a true revolution / civil war that is across the entire country, it will be a free-fire zone to save the country.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:00:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ivory Tower Liberal shouting down and inciting are his fortes not actually getting his hands dirty...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck the racist white devils and their lackey police!

(rock sails past his head)

Ahhh! Somebody call 911!
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:04:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Protected class.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:10:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yup, Echo-chamber lather.

They only exist within their own kind/locations/mentalities.  Hence they only hear that they are good, right and correct; and anyone that is not like them is in the minority and the enemy, worthy of only death.

Their own SELF-SEGREGATION has created a true enemy of liberty and free thought.  One can only hope that their true, violent actions are widespread and concurrent, rather than sporadic, such as single city riots.

Single city events can be manipulated, controlled and any response from our side with be "crazy"

If they attempt a true revolution / civil war that is across the entire country, it will be a free-fire zone to save the country.
View Quote
It's looking like we're going to have to Occupy Starbucks.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Throwing rocks.  I like to throw little aerodynamic rocks.  Easier on my shoulder.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58424/IMG_0164-283448.JPG
View Quote
Stole my thunder. Pistol beats Rock
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:13:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sounds like he meant it as a metaphor for "resisting/fighting" 

Can you even find rocks to throw in most downtown parks? They're usually just grass and pavement 
View Quote
I thought the state of NY banned rocks in '92...

(No clue if MD did the same)
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:54:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Can you even find rocks to throw in most downtown parks? They're usually just grass and pavement 
View Quote
BYOB, bring your own boulders.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Antifa seems to always have a lot of rocks.

Perhaps they are taking them out of their heads.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#18]
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, so I'll be forced to shoot you."
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#19]
so, when is he going to stone the people for the separate black orientation demanded by the black people?  damn segregationists.  

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/15/university-of-san-francisco-advertises-black-only-orientation/
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#20]
The only problem with that tactic is that the Israelis shot them in the groin instead of the head.

Thrown rocks are deadly and should be met with no less than deadly force.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:04:29 PM EDT
[#21]
GD has assured me nothing will happen.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
I thought you watched the Berkeley battle? I had 2 rocks land arms length from me and the fired hot dog guy threw 1 back
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:11:33 PM EDT
[#23]
What a dumb turd
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Affirmative action hire.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:13:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
These loons are going to start getting shot and sooner rather than later.

They really are working themselves up to a frenzy.
View Quote
It is coming for sure.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:14:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
https://cdn.milo.yiannopoulos.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Stoned-to-Death-Somalia-1-001.jpg

Link

N. D. B. Connolly, an associate professor at Johns Hopkins University, urges liberal protesters to ‘start throwing rocks’ to drive out those with whom they disagree.

While stoning has a long history in Arabic culture, it has not typically been a feature of Western civilization, except in such notable literature as Robert Heinlein’s Stranger in a Strange Land and Shirley Jackson’s short story, The Lottery.

Connolly deploys a shaky metaphor of ‘rock paper scissors’ in an effort to justify his demand that liberals take up stoning as a form of protest against ‘neo-Nazis’ and ‘segregationists’.

"Segregationists have again assumed their pedestals in the Justice Department, the White House and many other American temples. Paper alone won’t drive them out. Start throwing rocks."

It is unclear how Connolly intends to identify the individuals he wishes to be stoned.

Rock, paper, scissors (RPS) is a strategy game dating back to 18th century Japan that involves making simultaneous hand gestures, one of which always overpowers the other. Rocks beats scissors, and scissors beat paper while paper beats rock. According to players at the World RPS Tournament, a safe bet is to throw scissors, and a winning bet against an aggressive opponent is to throw paper.

In Connolly’s calculus, paper is liberalism, scissors is white supremacy and armed self-defense or non-violent direct-action is rock. Ostensibly, when Connolly calls for the throwing of rocks, he means that white supremacy must be challenged with stoning in the form of armed resistance, where non-violence does not work.

"Resistance, be it forceful or clandestine, threatened or explicit, stands as our “rock.” Rocks can look like armed self-defense or nonviolent direct-action campaigns. They appear, too, as blunt, bald public speech about the hatred arrayed against the dispossessed."

According to Connolly’s own metaphor, white supremacy (scissor) is the least likely choice, and against an aggressive opponent (rock), liberalism (paper), or the war of words and ideas, is the winning strategy.

Stoning remains legal in fifteen countries around the world. It is unlikely to become legal in the United States of America, despite the support and advocacy of elite university professors like Dr. Connolly.
View Quote

Do it, asshole.

Enjoy your lead injection.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#27]
These assholes are wanting to do everything they can to try and bring about something they can claim a moral high ground on.

They are trying to push for another Kent State type of event and then hope they can white wash their side as being the peaceful hippie protester side.

And the media is going to do their goddamn best to paint it that way.

The left started the violent crap and the media is trying to focus only on the nazi/right wing side of things.

Milo and those who wanted to talk at Berkley were not racist by any stretch of the imagination.    Those ANTIFA assholes showed and that brought the violent assholes out like flies to shit.

Rock Paper Scissors my ass.    They are trying to cause a spark ignite something and then claim the moral high ground and self defense.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#28]
No one, is to stone anyone, until I blow this whistle!
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, so I'll be forced to shoot you."
View Quote
Pretty much this.

Not to come off as some sort've "badass" but, you throw a fucking rock at me and I'm in fear
of serious bodily harm or death.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:34:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Pieces of breathing feces like him are simply the enablers.

They get their useful idiots all worked up and does their dirty work.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#32]
He has crossed the Free Speech Line into Violence.  He needs to be prosecuted for Terrorism.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:02:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Sick SOB needs to be visited by the FBI and fired by the university.
View Quote
He won't be.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:09:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I thought the state of NY banned rocks in '92...

(No clue if MD did the same)
View Quote
That was NYC, in the rest of the state your pockets can hold 10 rocks but you are only allowed to carry 7.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:19:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Here's seriously advocating committing assault on anyone he disagrees with.
View Quote
It's worse than that. His language indicates that he doesn't understand "the other side" enough to disagree with them. (By "the other side" I mean any of the countless sides other than the one he is on)

I mean, if someone takes the time to understand my position and my reasons for having it, and then decides I am so evil I should be killed then more power to them. But these people clearly don't understand what anyone else believes. I don't even think they know what they believe. They have built a straw man in their minds and then see this delusional straw man in the face of everyone that doesn't follow them. He doesn't hate anyone but the fictions caricature his own mind has conjured up.

And, ironically, this is exactly what the Nazis did with the Jews and Slavs and what the Klan did with Black people. Had that guy been White and lived in the South in the 1920s he would have been a Klan leader calling for Blacks to be lynched for voting.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Once one of them gets shot the gloves come off.  They'll start shooting back!

Oh wait, they're already shooting us.
View Quote
So lets go.  I'm fine at this point with getting on with the shooting.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:36:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Where do you find rocks big enough to throw in Berkley? Construction site? My son carries rocks around in his pockets, I guess just in case, but not softball sized ones.
View Quote
On the ground.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:39:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

On the ground.
View Quote
One chick had a big burlap bag full of them, she didn't enter the park, so police didn't confiscate them. This was after antifa arrived and stepped on the first barrier but not the other two. Then I saw fist sized rocks on the street laying on the ground between the park and Shattuck Ave. but no idea how they got there. Next time I'm in Berkeley I'll keep an eye open for rocks and snap a pic of I see any fist sized or larger ones
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:52:03 PM EDT
[#40]
They threw chunks of concrete in ferguson.  Balloons filled with shit and piss in virginia.  Nothing gonna happen.  Game over we lose
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
No doubt he was a beneficiary of the "special bell curve"
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#42]
They threw chunks of concrete in ferguson.  Balloons filled with shit and piss in virginia.  Nothing gonna happen.  Game over we lose
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:07:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I smoked pot with Johnny Hopkins.
View Quote
Lol, that's the first thing that comes to mind when Johns Hopkins is the subject.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:27:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Check his CV.

Without racism, he would be working at Taco Bell.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Check his CV.

Without racism, he would be working at Taco Bell.
N. D. B. Connolly
Herbert Baxter Adams Associate Professor of History

Biography:

On Sabbatical for the 2017-2018 Academic Year
I write about racism, capitalism, politics, and the built environment in the twentieth century. My work pays special attention to people’s overlapping understandings of property rights and civil rights in the United States and the wider Americas.
I'm advancing, at present, two new book-length projects. The first is Four Daughters: An America Story. This collective biography covers four generations of a single family, following the lives of four women of color whose forbearers migrated from the Caribbean to the United States by way of Britain between the 1930s and 1990s. A genuinely Atlantic history, Four Daughters explores how immigrants of color and their children defined success in America during and after second-wave feminism, the civil rights movement, "right to work" politics, and the War on Drugs. My other book project expands on the intimate scale of Four Daughters to assess and synthesize broader trends, patterns, and processes. Black Capitalism: The "Negro Problem" and the American Economy offers the first sweeping account of how black economic success shaped the way Americans and immigrants understood the possibilities offered by capitalism in the United States.
My first book was A World More Concrete: Real Estate and the Remaking of Jim Crow South Florida (University of Chicago Press, 2014). It received, among other awards, the 2014 Kenneth T. Jackson Book Award from the Urban History Association, the 2015 Liberty Legacy Foundation Book Award from the Organization of American Historians, and the 2016 Bennett H. Wall Book Award from the Southern Historical Association. The book resuscitates older discussions of racism's profitability by treating Jim Crow segregation in Greater Miami as a variation on the colonial and postcolonial practices afflicting tropical populations around the world. A World More Concrete also highlights never-before-seen conflicts between tenants, urban landlords, homeowners, politicians, and property managers over how best to profit from Native Americans, Caribbean migrants, working-class whites, and the black poor.
Apart from publishing in scholarly venues, I contribute frequently to public debates, including regular contributions on WGBH Boston’s Here & Now, commentary for the New York Times, and as a co-host on the weekly podcast BackStory. In June 2016, Prof. Keisha N. Blain and I organized a crowd-sourced syllabus, Trump Syllabus 2.0, that locates the political ascendancy of Donald J. Trump in historical context.

Teaching:

Graduate Seminars
  • Racial Literacy for Historians
  • Lives of the Black Freedom Struggle
  • American Metropolitan History
  • The Power of Place, with Prof. Mary Ryan
  • Reading Land and History
  • Writing Analytic History (abbreviated summer seminar)
Undergraduate Courses
  • Blacks in America: The Twentieth Century
  • America after the Civil Rights Movement
  • Jim Crow in America
  • The U.S. City in the Twentieth Century

Publications:

Black and Woke in Capitalist America: Revisiting Robert Allen’s Black Awakening…for New Times’ Sake,” Items, March 7, 2017.
Black History Month: A Political Season,” BackStory blog, March 7, 2017.
“This, Our Second Nadir,” Boston Review, Forum on Race, Capitalism and Justice (Jan. 2017): 95-104.
“Trump Syllabus 2.0,” with Keisha Blain, Public Books, June 28, 2016.
“A Black Power Method,” Public Books, June 15, 2016.
“What Obama Can’t Say: A Review of The Black Presidency: Barack Obama and the Politics of Race in America, by Michael Eric Dyson,”New York Times Sunday Book Review, Feb. 7, 2016, BR20.
“Franklin Roosevelt: A Candidate of Questionable Constitution,” Talking Points Memo, “Primary Source,” October 14, 2015.
“How Did African Americans Discover They Were Being ‘Redlined’?”Talking Points Memo, “Primary Source,” August 9, 2015.
“Skin Trouble,” Talking Points Memo, “Primary Source,” July 6, 2015.
“What Obama Can’t Say: A Review of The Black Presidency: Barack Obama and the Politics of Race in America, by Michael Eric Dyson,”New York Times Sunday Book Review, Feb. 7, 2016, BR20.
“Notes on a Desegregated Method: Learning from Michael Katz and Others,” Journal of Urban History 41, no. 4 (July 2015): 584-591.
“Black Appointees, Political Legitimacy, and the American Presidency,” in Recapturing the Oval Office, Brian Balogh and Bruce Schulman, eds. (Cornell University Press, 2015), 123-142.
“Games of Chance: Jim Crow’s Entrepreneurs Bet on ‘Negro’ Law-and-Order,” in What’s Good for Business: Business and Politics Since World War II, Julian E. Zelizer and Kimberly Phillips-Fein, eds. (Oxford University Press, 2012), 140-156.
“Sunbelt Civil Rights: Urban Renewal and the Follies of Desegregation in Greater Miami,” in Sunbelt Rising: The Politics of Space, Place and Region in the American South and Southwest, Darren Dochuk and Michelle Nickerson, eds. (University of Pennsylvania Press, 2011), 164-187.
“Timely Innovations: Planes, Trains, and the ‘Whites Only’ Economy of a Pan American City,” Urban History 36, no. 2, Special Issue on Transnational Urbanism in the Americas (August 2009): 243-261.
“Colored, Caribbean, and Condemned: Miami’s Overtown District and the Cultural Expense of Progress, 1940-1970,” Caribbean Studies 34, no. 1 (January-June 2006): 3-60.

Books:  
JHU

I am sensing an overall pattern to his publications but I cannot quite put my finger on the common thread.   
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:36:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
You should be ashamed of yourself for being the kind of person who capitulates before the fighting even starts.

Do America a favor from now on and keep your mewling apathy to yourself.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:41:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Never bring a rock to a gun fight.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:49:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Subversive needs to be AROCKED, then a bunch of folks need to show up at his house with a pickup truck full of river rock to rain mineral hell on his brilliance.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:50:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Truth is a bitch sometimes.   Let me know when u see the tide turning.  BLM and antifa do what ever they want .  No permits.  Cops scared to death to deal with them.  I dont agree with white supremacy but i take my hat off to them for going toe to toe with the commies.  Who else is?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:51:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Physical removal.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:17:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
https://cdn.milo.yiannopoulos.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Stoned-to-Death-Somalia-1-001.jpg

Link

N. D. B. Connolly, an associate professor at Johns Hopkins University, urges liberal protesters to ‘start throwing rocks’ to drive out those with whom they disagree.

While stoning has a long history in Arabic culture, it has not typically been a feature of Western civilization, except in such notable literature as Robert Heinlein’s Stranger in a Strange Land and Shirley Jackson’s short story, The Lottery.

Connolly deploys a shaky metaphor of ‘rock paper scissors’ in an effort to justify his demand that liberals take up stoning as a form of protest against ‘neo-Nazis’ and ‘segregationists’.

"Segregationists have again assumed their pedestals in the Justice Department, the White House and many other American temples. Paper alone won’t drive them out. Start throwing rocks."

It is unclear how Connolly intends to identify the individuals he wishes to be stoned.

Rock, paper, scissors (RPS) is a strategy game dating back to 18th century Japan that involves making simultaneous hand gestures, one of which always overpowers the other. Rocks beats scissors, and scissors beat paper while paper beats rock. According to players at the World RPS Tournament, a safe bet is to throw scissors, and a winning bet against an aggressive opponent is to throw paper.

In Connolly’s calculus, paper is liberalism, scissors is white supremacy and armed self-defense or non-violent direct-action is rock. Ostensibly, when Connolly calls for the throwing of rocks, he means that white supremacy must be challenged with stoning in the form of armed resistance, where non-violence does not work.

"Resistance, be it forceful or clandestine, threatened or explicit, stands as our “rock.” Rocks can look like armed self-defense or nonviolent direct-action campaigns. They appear, too, as blunt, bald public speech about the hatred arrayed against the dispossessed."

According to Connolly’s own metaphor, white supremacy (scissor) is the least likely choice, and against an aggressive opponent (rock), liberalism (paper), or the war of words and ideas, is the winning strategy.

Stoning remains legal in fifteen countries around the world. It is unlikely to become legal in the United States of America, despite the support and advocacy of elite university professors like Dr. Connolly.
View Quote

Go for it.  Rocks are deadly force.   We get to shoot back, and thus ends this country.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top