Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Uhhh we have Jeff Davis' house here in my county. But Mississippi is pretty close 60-40 red vs blue when it comes down to anything not about the president 
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:22:58 PM EDT
[#2]
My town is clear, but my birthplace of Chicago has gone full retard.

People where I am are a strange mix, some new wealth moving up here, some getting out of Milwaukeee.  (White Young, very wealthy Urban Professionals.)  Some indoctrinated at University of Wisconsin Madistan, Some old timers and salt of the earth types with family roots going back generations,  many much like them  like myself who moved here to raise our kids in a solid community, and not deal with the bullsheet.

Up the road from me we have a screwie town, they have a bizzare "monument" of some type of history.  Apparently the town had riots during the civil war, due to some of the influential types draft dodging during the civil war.  I doubt the hipsters/ANTIFA idiots will even see it, but I'd bet they try to tear it down, because "reasons"
http://www.28thwisconsin.com/service/riots.html
I avoid said town at all costs.  

A) I'm not a Mason
B) IMO most of the people in that town are types I'd rather avoid.
C)It's crooked.

If ANTIFA decends on them I'd be in a conundrum.  

a) break out a flagpole and beat them?
b)secretly cheer for them, as that town deserves it?
c) (The correct answer) Let the county sheriff and prosecutor beat them so badly their mothers wouldn't recognize them nor see them unless behind glass again.  lol  
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:31:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Not in my hometown but not too far up the road is Punxsy and I wouldn't be surprised if Phil wasn't a target, because not only are groundhogs completely crap at predicting the weather but they're also well known for being the most racist of the marmots.

Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:33:34 PM EDT
[#4]
nobody seems to care about all the Spanish and French memorials.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:37:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They changed our Robert E. Lee Elementary to Lumumba-Zapata Academy. 

View Quote
Are you fucking serious?

not sure if  or 
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:44:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:48:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I wonder what percentage ofCivil War monuments  CSA related?
View Quote
Ironic that a republican ended the war and the democrats want to remove statues of men that were on "their side"
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:52:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Theres a Democrat Representative named Jeff Davis, whose gonna tear his ass down?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:55:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Does "Coon Field" count?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:03:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Does "Coon Field" count?
View Quote

how many Robert E Lee high schools are in Alaska?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:03:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My town has a whole Civil War reenactment battle.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/142492/ss7-281984.JPG
View Quote
Mine too... we should be friends.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:23:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well... I live in Arlington, VA... sooo... there are a lot.
View Quote
Where do you shoot around here normally? Just curiosity
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:09:04 AM EDT
[#13]
I live in Utah's Dixie. They already took our college Rebel Mascot years ago They still call the school Dixie though. All we had was Mormons picking cotton and it was enough to get banned.
And they took out three crosses off the town symbol for the Spanish
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:10:24 AM EDT
[#14]
I live in Utah's Dixie. They already took our college Rebel Mascot years ago They still call the school Dixie though. All we had was Mormons picking cotton and it was enough to get banned.
And they took out three crosses off the town symbol for the Spanish explorers that discovered the place. F, atheists and Commie bastards.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:10:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Lots of targets around here.

Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:15:28 AM EDT
[#16]
i went to calhoun community college during the summer....i wonder how long it will take them to get around to that?

so much shit down here is named after calhoun....maybe he'll fly under the radar
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:22:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Nathan Bedford Forrest state park
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:33:15 AM EDT
[#18]
article from last year but i drive by this place probably once a week...

May 23, 2016

HOMEWOOD, Ala. —
As Memorial Day approaches, a visit to Union Hill Cemetery in Homewood reveals small confederate flags at many grave sites.

Last week, the U.S. House of Representatives passed a bill banning the flag from cemeteries maintained by the Department of Veteran Affairs.

The new legislation would not affect the small Confederate flags placed alongside a veteran of the Civil War or someone who perhaps lived during that time, who is now buried at a private cemetery.

It's the flags on flagpoles at federal cemeteries that will have to come down.

“It's like going back on their word,” said Mike McMurry, with the Alabama Sons of Confederate Veterans.

McMurry said 100 years ago President William McKinley promised monuments for Confederate soldiers after they fought with valor in later wars. Now, he says every bit of important heritage and identity is being stripped away and he wonders what's next.

“Are they going to start taking the Star of David off of them because they don't like Jews? They don't like Christians, so they're going to take down the cross off of veterans’ markers? Next thing you know it's just gonna be a blank stone with a name,” McMurry said.

The bill has not become law, but the only Alabama legislator who voted for it, Terri Sewell, insists it's another way to get rid of a still-divisive vestige of racism.

The other six congressmen representing Alabama voted against the bill.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:55:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
There's a memorial to the Confederate soldiers in front of the court house, as well as signs describing the events of the small battle and subsequent Union burning the town to the ground. Then there's a large Confederate cemetery right down the road from the court house that's plastered in flags and large granite memorials. No problems about any of these due to it being a small town.
Birmingham is on the warpath, and the state AG filed a suit against the mayor.
I don't know about any other large cities wanting to remove history.
View Quote
If I'm not mistaken there is a Confederate memorial outside each of the 67 county courthouses in Alabama.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 2:21:08 AM EDT
[#20]
I'd move some here just to piss people off.

Ed
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 2:47:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'd move some here just to piss people off.

Ed
View Quote
Pickett House

how long before there are demands to tear it down?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 3:40:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Deez nuts is a target always.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:00:02 AM EDT
[#23]
There's a Confederate memorial at Arlington National Cemetary. There's also several hundred confederate soldiers buried there. Confederate soldiers were granted all rights and privileges of US military veterans to include burial at Arlington, VA benefits, and even pensions which extended to their families.

I can't wait until those idiots try to desecrate that hallowed ground. I suspect the beat-down will be epic.

Nothing near me though. At least not that I know of.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:02:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yeah, until they start tearing down statues of communists, you'll be safe. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
None here, civil war didn't make it out to my heavenly slice of pie.
Yeah, until they start tearing down statues of communists, you'll be safe. 
There are statues of Lenin in Seattle, NYC, and Los Angeles. All three need to come down.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:10:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

how many Robert E Lee high schools are in Alaska?
View Quote
None that I know of. I did a double take and had to turn around to read it again when I first moved here.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:11:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm good, I live in a state where we don't have monuments to traitors
View Quote
The Civil War memorial in York has a confederate soldier on top of it. Made me laugh the first time I saw it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:17:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Almost every city has an MLK Blvd.
He was anti-gay marriage.

They'll be riotin' and thuggin' in 3... 2... 1...
View Quote
There's a lot of Cesar Chavez stuff in LA County. He was rabidly anti-immigrant, set up what he called "wet lines" at the border to block illegals and ordered his farm workers to call INS to have illegals deported. That shit all needs to come down and the streets renamed.

The funny part - illegals worship him here. They actually think he was a pro-immigration activist. Idiots.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:18:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Almost every city has an MLK Blvd.
He was anti-gay marriage.

They'll be riotin' and thuggin' in 3... 2... 1...
View Quote
So was Obama and the Clinton's. Don't forget who signed DOMA.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:20:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Lee High on Lee Drive in Baton Rouge not on the list. Always assumed it was named after Robert E. Lee.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:22:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Load up boys.   We got one that needs defending.

http://quirkytravelguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/fonzie-statue-far.jpg
View Quote
Is that supposed to be Fonzie? Doesn't even look like him.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:26:27 AM EDT
[#31]
There are school's, roads, battlefields, and an army base named after a Confederate all around me.  

I don't think the population here will tolerate the communist BS.  

There was a BLM "protest" last year where a whopping three people showed.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:31:54 AM EDT
[#32]
This one not on the list to tear down? At the Vicksburg battlefield, I've gone to the big reenactments they have and there's a pretty good percentage of black guys out there on the confederate side.

Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:36:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:38:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Guess they will want this one tore up too. Union ironclad recovered, after it was sunk by the confederates by a remotely detonated mine. Can't have a confederate positive and the war has to be erased entirely.

Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:43:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Having looked at the memorials looking for a photo. I might drive out (actually have someone drive me) to the Vicksburg battlefield. In bad medical shape now but I think I might need to go now before who knows what happens to it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:44:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
My small town has a Robert E. Lee Elementary, no rumblings about it so far.

Who else has something the thugs will want to destroy?  Have they started bitching yet?
View Quote

My high school where I grew up is named Robert E. Lee. No rumblings that I've heard of.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:54:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

My high school where I grew up is named Robert E. Lee. No rumblings that I've heard of.
View Quote
Robert E. Lee High in Tyler, TX is the only one I know. I assume there's a lot more in TX.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 6:06:45 AM EDT
[#38]
A large plaque was hit with paint here in Knoxville yesterday, at the site of Ft. Sanders. The mayor's office tried to discredit it by saying they did not know it even existed.

We have read the petition and we definitely understand the concerns of those who have signed it. To be honest, none of us in the Mayor’s Office were even aware of the monument, even though we have probably walked or driven past it thousands of times. We’re researching the history and legal details of its ownership.

If it is on public right of way, which it appears to be, a state law passed by our Legislature forbids the City from unilaterally moving it. That would take a request for a waiver from the State Historical Commission. We won’t make any decisions about this until we have all the information about our options. In the meantime, we certainly encourage members of our community to let us know their thoughts and feelings about the monument, through the petition or by contacting us at [email protected].
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 6:58:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Talking about renaming Lee elementary in Tulsa.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote
I was wondering to myself if the shitheads in Durham were going to move further afield and try to get the statues at the Person, Orange, Granville, Vance and Caswell county courthouses.  I'm not sure about the Orange County courthouse, but I'm willing to bet at the other four they will get their asses lit up proper by the local citizenry for laying hands on those monuments.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:22:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Are you fucking serious?

not sure if  or 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They changed our Robert E. Lee Elementary to Lumumba-Zapata Academy. 

Are you fucking serious?

not sure if  or 

We did have a Robert E. Lee Elementary School.  Lumumba-Zapata was one of my suggestions on the local paper's discussion forum.

They actually renamed it to Pacific View Leadership Elementary School (it has a great view of the ocean.)

There is a history to "Lumumba-Zapata."  Back in the 1970s when UC San Diego was building its third college (after Revelle and Muir,) the leftist students DEMANDED that the new school be named Lumumba-Zapata College.  The regents of the university didn't want to take on that much heat, so they named it Earl Warren College.

Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#42]
CLosest to me...

https://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/national_cemeteries/maryland/point_lookout_confederate_cemetery.html

"While visiting, be mindful that our national and Confederate cemeteries are hallowed ground.  Be respectful to all of our nation’s fallen soldiers and their families.  Additional cemetery policies may be posted on site."

There is an old graveyard closer to me with a Confederate soldier buried in it, a few years ago someone smeared shit all over the headstone.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quote from the National Park Service web site.

"There are 705 commemorative features including monuments, markers, and tablets, spread across the units of the Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park. Veterans began marking the battlefields in 1894 and the last commemorative feature was added in 1976."

Started here about a month ago.

NAACP begins effort to remove Confederate statue from Hamilton County Courthouse
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:37:04 PM EDT
[#44]
worked in Charlottesville for 20 years....
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:48:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Private Confederate memorial near me.
Expect someone will go after it soon.
Folks starting to complain about/ intimidate SoCV displays last couple years
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Just a small museum about the mint that helped fund the Confederate States, a small monument erected by the Sons of Confederate Soldiers dedicated to those who served, ohhh and a historic KKK meeting hall.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:58:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

We did have a Robert E. Lee Elementary School.  Lumumba-Zapata was one of my suggestions on the local paper's discussion forum.

They actually renamed it to Pacific View Leadership Elementary School (it has a great view of the ocean.)

There is a history to "Lumumba-Zapata."  Back in the 1970s when UC San Diego was building its third college (after Revelle and Muir,) the leftist students DEMANDED that the new school be named Lumumba-Zapata College.  The regents of the university didn't want to take on that much heat, so they named it Earl Warren College.

View Quote
Probably shouldn't admit in public that I troll my employer but.. 
with every revision of our software I submit a request that Ebonics be added to our language kit
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:03:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm good, I live in a state where we don't have monuments to traitors
View Quote
I'm sure they'll find something in there that's offensive and worth tearing down, now that they're burning up Lincoln busts and demanding Washington statues be torn down.
http://www.maine.gov/civilwar/monuments.html

After all, many of them are cis white males with guns, and that's enough of a symbol of the patriarchal white supremacy that it needs to go down.

Apparently one of the Charlottesville alt-right guys was from Maine, at least according to Antifa in Maine... so you'll get some, too.
https://www.facebook.com/SoMEAntiFa/
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Stonewall Jackson lake, park and statue about an hour from me. Would be political suicide to fuck with those around here.

I don't I'll see any action around here.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
CLosest to me...

https://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/national_cemeteries/photos/list_of-sites2/078_Monument.jpg

https://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/national_cemeteries/maryland/point_lookout_confederate_cemetery.html

"While visiting, be mindful that our national and Confederate cemeteries are hallowed ground.  Be respectful to all of our nation’s fallen soldiers and their families.  Additional cemetery policies may be posted on site."

View Quote

Howdy neighbor!
The private Confederate memorial I mentioned is JUST outside Pt. Lookout.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top