Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2017 10:22:31 AM EDT
I bought a Shield 45 like so many others on here with the big rebate sale. There was a thread where people were worrying about submitting the needed documents to be eligible for the rebate and if S&W received it.
My understanding is some people resubmitted the paper work when they thought there might be a problem with no notification that it was received.

I did the same thing thinking they didn't get my papers ,so I submitted again a few days after the first time I submitted, and now I just got a second $75.00 check in the mail for the one pistol. 

Anyone else ? Am I the only one to receive two checks for the one pistol bought ? I realize that some who did wont admit that they did because they are the pressure washer thieves among us.
But for the honest folks are you sending it back or just not cashing it ? Should I notify S&W that the company that's handling the rebate is fucking up ?

I doubt I'm the only one who has gotten two checks.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:24:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Now it will be even easier for you to buy the Sig pistol that you always wanted to buy.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:27:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now it will be even easier for you to buy the Sig pistol that you always wanted to buy.
View Quote
I had a W German 226 for years ,sold it a few years ago and don't miss it. Now I do need tires for my truck, that might buy half a tire. 
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:33:55 AM EDT
[#3]
you should be honest and return the second check to S&W.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:38:45 AM EDT
[#4]
StI'll waiting for my first check...
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:44:35 AM EDT
[#5]
waiting on my check as well

I got two 45 so waiting on 2 ch
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
This ,but I think I'll have to wait till Monday to email or call. I guess I can email and wait till they respond. Off to S&W site.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought two shields and so far only got one check. I did buy the pistols about a month apart though, so I still expect my second check to come. 
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#8]
That's funny, they said they sent my check a month ago, and it still hasn't shown up.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:22:51 AM EDT
[#9]
I just sent them an email.There site says 3 to 5 days to respond. Safe thread... ? 

If it were a lib company like Springfield I probably would have cashed the check.
Yeah, Yeah, I know with S&W it's debatable.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:23:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Mine says rebate shipped 7/11.

Nothing in the mail.

Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:27:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Mine said it was shipped on 29 June. It was delivered by the USPS yesterday, 22 July. 

I'm guessing that they didn't mail it on 29 June.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:28:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Or simply destroy it.  On the flip side you could buy a pressure washer at walmart??
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:32:45 AM EDT
[#13]
I didn't get in on the cash rebate deal...I did get the new "rebate" offer that started July 1st....I bought a PC Shield .45 on the 5th of July , and mailed in the rebate deal in which I am supposed to get 2 boxes of Critical Defense ammo, 2 magazines, and a Caldwell mag loader.   seems like a bit better deal to me.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:42:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That's funny, they said they sent my check a month ago, and it still hasn't shown up.
View Quote
Mine showed shipped 6/29 and I got it on 7/20. Actually got through on the phone number and to enquire and the lady said they had 35k rebates. They are weeks behind. As they fill the rebates, they deliver them to the PO about every 10 days. Mine had July 4th holiday mixed in. Just fyi, the check is about the size of a postcard but does show up in a postcard sized envelope.

I just decided to resubmit my 45 rebate because it is not even showing up on the milano website since 6/18. So I figured WTH. If I get 2 checks then I'll return on trash one...
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:51:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Or simply destroy it.  On the flip side you could buy a pressure washer at walmart??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't want to destroy the check. I want S&W to be aware that the rebate company is fucking up and sending some people multiple checks.
They are a company that I don't want fucked over....American gun company, with American workers. Now if it was Starbucks I would have cashed the check, Fuck Starbucks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top