Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2017 9:35:15 PM EDT
I bought a G19 sized mag last year. It is a "range" mag for me. It has worked well, so when I saw they made a 12 rounder for a G26 I ordered one.

I loaded and ran 36 rounds through it today.  Function was perfect.  The 15 rounder will remain a range mag, but I like this little 12 rounder a lot.  So much so I'm interested in how many rounds these could handle before the reliability may become an issue.

The don't have metal liners at the feed lips like stock Glock ones do.  

Anyone here ran a thousand rounds through their 12 round Magpuls without issue?
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:39:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I bought a G19 sized mag last year. It is a "range" mag for me. It has worked well, so when I saw they made a 12 rounder for a G26 I ordered one.

I loaded and ran 36 rounds through it today.  Function was perfect.  The 15 rounder will remain a range mag, but I like this little 12 rounder a lot.  So much so I'm interested in how many rounds these could handle before the reliability may become an issue.

The don't have metal liners at the feed lips like stock Glock ones do.  

Anyone here ran a thousand rounds through their 12 round Magpuls without issue?
View Quote

I've got a few thousand rounds through the Magpul 15 and 17rnd mags.  Had one fail to feed in the first mag I bought.  No issues since.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:44:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a couple of 17 mags.  Think that I'll have to buy a maglula for these.  Hardest mags to load that I have ever come across.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:46:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Do not work well at all with steel case ammo.  

Brass works fine
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I have them for my G26 and G19, the G26 magazines pinch my little finger.

The springs are weaker than regular Glock magazines, so you may not always get positive slide lock back with light ammunition, but I've never had that issue with more powerful rounds.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Magpul Glock mags have worked great for me but I switched to ETS magazines because I like the look better.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Hope they're working on M&P and Sig P320 mags.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:57:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got 1300 rounds through 10 of the G17 ones that I use for range mags. I've had them since they first came out. I didnt have any problems with the original bodies, but swapped em out from DSG for free anyways. No problems at all w brass, steel, or aluminum case. They just suckkkkk to load, they're just starting to loosen up. Get a maglula for sure.

Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:58:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought one for my G19 and had nothing but problems.  Decided to stick with the factory mags.  Most people seem to have good luck with them though.  Just not worth it for me based on my limited experience.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:01:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I did a 3.5k round class and rotated 10 glock mags continously. In the 2 weeks leading up to  that I had 3 mags that I rotated with a minimum of 1k rounds.

No failures.

Get maglula.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:01:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have them for my G26 and G19, the G26 magazines pinch my little finger.

The springs are weaker than regular Glock magazines, so you may not always get positive slide lock back with light ammunition, but I've never had that issue with more powerful rounds.
View Quote
The failure to lock back is the only issue that I've had in probably well over 2000 rounds through a couple of the Magpul mags. Not enough to throw them out, but also not good enough to care with them.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:03:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The failure to lock back is the only issue that I've had in probably well over 2000 rounds through a couple of the Magpul mags. Not enough to throw them out, but also not good enough to care with them.
View Quote
yeah, that's with my experience as well.

I want to love them because my local gun shop literally gives the fucking things away.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:04:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Doubt anyone is gonna make a polymer aftermarket magazine for a metal pistol magazine.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:06:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the feedback.  I like this one a lot more than a regular stock mag with a plus 2 extension.  Those worked, but the extensions would move around.

It is a kind of tough to load, but if it does go into use for carry I won't care how hard loading is...as long as it reliably unloads if asked to.

A lot mentioned the Magula.  Been needing an excuse to get one.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Fully loaded with steel case ammo, Magpul mags are the best training tool out there. I am guaranteed to have at least 1 failure per mag.

I keep some in my range bag and use real magazines for carry guns.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:24:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Magpul people only shoot pictures of their gear.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:32:11 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't have any of the smaller ones, but I've got about 6 17 rounders and 3 15 rounders and have had good luck with them so far. Did a pistol 1 class a couple months ago and was the only person not to have a single malf.  Everyone in the class used a glock.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:37:01 AM EDT
[#17]
I have had the misfortune of having failures with both Magpul and ETS mags . I have a good sized stack of factory mags. I will stay with them
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
yeah, that's with my experience as well.

I want to love them because my local gun shop literally gives the fucking things away.
View Quote
Well, if they are taking up space, you can send them to me.  I'll happily ensure that they get used at the range and treated like shit.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:40:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Other than the occasional failure to lock the slide, no issues. I use em for range mags, and carry factory mags.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:40:41 AM EDT
[#20]
I bought one to try out on range day with my agency. May have been that mag., but I had several malfunctions with it. It's gone. I can't chance it!
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#21]
I've been using the magpul g17 and 21 round magazines (and the ETS. 22 round magazine). I havnt had any issues but I never use steel cases ammo. My spare magazine for the glock 19 I carry is a magpul 21 rounder.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:57:30 AM EDT
[#22]
I have one that consistently fails to hold open on the last round. I have a few dozen, including about 10 or so that I use full time at the range and they have never given me problems.

For reference, I go the the range 3-4 times per month and shoot about 500-700 rounds of 9mm per session.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:02:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Regarding range use, the Magpul magazines routinely work better than my ETS ones, take that for what its worth.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:04:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Doubt anyone is gonna make a polymer aftermarket magazine for a metal pistol magazine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh ye of little faith...
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:05:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Out of the 5 I bought as a test batch, 1 is still functional. The other 4 that died failed right out of the gate. Failures to feed abound, half didn't hold the slide open, only 2 of them fed the last round. Shit mags are shit.

$15 for a Glock mag that has shit performance is not worth it when an OEM mag is $25.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:20:46 AM EDT
[#26]
I bought 10 magpul 17 round mags and have shot about 4k rounds using only them. Zero malfunctions so far and they have been beat up but they keep running.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:33:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Fully loaded with steel case ammo, Magpul mags are the best training tool out there. I am guaranteed to have at least 1 failure per mag.

I keep some in my range bag and use real magazines for carry guns.
View Quote
I have a few dif sized ones 15, 17, and 22? Rounders and I have never experienced a failure. I shoot mostly cheap crap ammo out of my 19 as well.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah.......they've never replaced metal mags before
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:42:11 AM EDT
[#29]
I have 6-8 of them..15 and 17rd. Honestly they've given me issues mostly problems with locking open but also feeding. They dont like steel as mentioned. They feel cheap as hell too. Dont always drop free either. Using Gen 2 17 and Gen 3 19.

I really just cant justify them with OEM at $20.

I do have four 31rd ETS mags that work well. Very smooth loading.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#30]
No issues here. 15/17/21s through a G19.4.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Out of the 5 I bought as a test batch, 1 is still functional. The other 4 that died failed right out of the gate. Failures to feed abound, half didn't hold the slide open, only 2 of them fed the last round. Shit mags are shit.

$15 for a Glock mag that has shit performance is not worth it when an OEM mag is $25.
View Quote
Did you contact Magpul customer service about the problem?
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:07:24 PM EDT
[#32]
New OEM Glock mags can be had for ~$15 delivered if you catch sales/coupons right.

Used mags are $15 each all day every day. I thnk the last batch I got in to for $12 each.

KCI mags are $7. Metal lined polymer. I've had several and have never had an issue with them. Been using them for nearly 8 years now. I can't comment on round count because I have about 30 mags that I load up, so the actual round count per mag might not be that much.
http://gunmagwarehouse.com/kci-glock-17-9mm-17-round-polymer-magazine.html
http://jesticearms.com/Glock/Korean-Glock-19-15rd-magazine

Where exactly does Magpul fit in?  I don't get it. IMO, they are less desirable than the KCI mags.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:10:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Did you contact Magpul customer service about the problem?
View Quote
Had it been one or 2, I would have, but 4 out of 5 is a high enough percentage that I decided that I would not be switching to them.
One bum product doesn't change the regard I hold Magpul in though.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:16:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Had it been one or 2, I would have, but 4 out of 5 is a high enough percentage that I decided that I would not be switching to them.
One bum product doesn't change the regard I hold Magpul in though.
View Quote
Same I love Magpul stuff and have a bunch of it. The Glock mags are good range mags which is all I use them for.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
^this 

my glock mags mags have been fine. I use them for range days primarily. Dropped on rocks, thrown, stepped on, whatever. No care. Cheap. Easily replaced. Save the factory mags for carry and home. 
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:30:04 PM EDT
[#36]
I use them for USPSA production with my G34.  I have 25 of them.  I load them all up with 10 rounds each the day before the match and I don't have to mess with loading mags during the match.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top