Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2017 8:34:14 AM EDT
Have we done this one yet?

The Acting Secretary of the Army has approved the establishment of the Military Horseman Identification Badge. The Military Horseman Identification Badge recognizes Soldiers who complete the nine-week Basic Horsemanship Course and have demonstrated the skills necessary to become a Lead Rider on the Caisson team within the 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard).

From the MILPER message:

3. The Military Horseman Identification Badge is authorized by the Commander, 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard) as a permanent part of the uniform for personnel who meet the following criteria:
a. Successfully complete the nine week Basic Horsemanship Course.
b. Complete 100 Armed Forces Full Honors Funerals in Arlington National Cemetery.
c. Served honorably for a minimum of nine months, which need not be continuous, while assigned as a member of the U.S. Army Caisson Platoon, 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard).
d. Be recommended by the Commander, 1st Battalion, 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard).

4. Temporary wear of the Military Horseman Identification Badge may be authorized prior to serving the required nine months with the recommendation of the Commander,
1st Battalion, 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard) and approval by Commander,
3d U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard) provided all other criteria has been met.

5. Soldiers reassigned from authorized positions within the U.S. Army Caisson Platoon prior to completion of nine months service may be considered for permanent award on a case-by-case basis by the Commander, 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard).

9. The Military Horseman Identification Badge is only awarded for those Soldiers serving in the Caisson Platoon of the 3rd U.S. Infantry Regiment. It will not be awarded to Soldiers serving in other positions with Horse detachments or platoons. 10. The Military Horseman Identification Badge will be worn after the Guard, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier Identification Badge and before the Drill Sergeant Identification Badge. Additional guidance on wear of the identification badges can be found in DA Pam 670-1, paragraph 20-17a.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:51:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:53:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How about allowing wear the military mountaineers badge and not just for soldiers of the 86th IBCT?
View Quote
Appropriate avatar
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:14:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Just what the Army needs, more badges.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:16:18 PM EDT
[#4]
How about the Combat Tanker's Badge?

Bring that back.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just what the Army needs, more badges.
View Quote
If our soldiers don't look like Soviet Field Marshals how can they possibly win in a war?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:23:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:26:47 PM EDT
[#7]
They have a lot of badges. Some Army uniforms look cluttered with them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:14:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Will there be a Combat Horseman Badge for SF?

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:35:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How about allowing wear the military mountaineers badge and not just for soldiers of the 86th IBCT?
View Quote
What do we need the Rams Head for? It's not like we've  been in a mountain war for 17 years.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I actually did my job during The Surge.

Can I get mine?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:40:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How many pieces of flair to you really need?
View Quote
 all of them, apparently.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I wish the Marine Corps would issue a "Buffer Expert" badge.  I know for the most part the Marines don't do badge; but they should make an exception for outstanding skills with a buffer.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:24:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Never been done before.

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:58:04 PM EDT
[#16]
I think every time they introduce a new badge they should be required to remove one.

Start with Retention NCO and Recruiter Badges
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How many pieces of flair to you really need?
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#18]
How long before they decide to come out with sashes to put all those badges on?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I stuck it in a crazy horse loving chick, do I get a badge?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:20:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I stuck it in a crazy horse loving chick, do I get a badge?
View Quote
did she get your car, house, and most of your pay in the settlement?

cuz that's the usual reward for sticking it in the crazy
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
did she get your car, house, and most of your pay in the settlement?

cuz that's the usual reward for sticking it in the crazy
View Quote
No, I managed to E&E
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#22]
So now we can have Army Girl horse girls. Yeah, that sounds like a good plan.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:33:37 PM EDT
[#23]
No horsing around in this thread!
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#24]
I got my badge

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:42:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Just give them the Boy Scout horsemanship badge and be done with it. When is there gonna be one for picking up recycled cans?Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I wish the Marine Corps would issue a "Buffer Expert" badge.  I know for the most part the Marines don't do badge; but they should make an exception for outstanding skills with a buffer.
View Quote
Semper FieldDayus

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:50:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I think every time they introduce a new badge they should be required to remove one.

Start with Retention NCO and Recruiter Badges
View Quote
No way.

I liked my Recuiter Badge. And it wasn't even gold.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top