Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 7/20/2017 1:48:07 AM EDT
Biggest regret of my life. Let myself get too old... Totally fucked this up.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:50:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, how old are you?    If you have any assets at all, I bet you could still find a girl to breed with.   Let us help you.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:51:51 AM EDT
[#2]
My kids give me a level of joy that I never could comprehend before I was a father
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:52:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Me too.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:52:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I regret nothing.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:53:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Not for me. No regrets. I'd make a terrible father and I know it.

Believe it or not, there are also women out there who don't want kids either. Be firm up front and it's not a problem.

I guess that I'll add that there really isn't a too late for guys. Yes, being a 60 year old new dad would suck but it's doable. 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:54:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I have 10 nephews and nieces. I don't need any kids. I'm happy. I think (and have been told) I would make a good dad, but not something I picture myself doing.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:56:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I think if you aren't one of those people who dreams about having kids your whole life then probably just hold off.  That might not be right, but so much work is involved that you should be 110% on board to consider it. 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:59:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My kids give me a level of joy that I never could comprehend before I was a father
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:00:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I regret nothing.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:01:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I make a terrible husband, so no kids. I'd be a good dad, but kids need both parents at home. Slight regrets.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:02:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I regret nothing.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:02:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I think if you did not meet the right person kids could make your life hell and not always fair to the kids.
My wife was not committed to the whole kid thing so I did not convince her. No kids, no regrets.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:02:45 AM EDT
[#13]
I always felt like it's up to fate to decide if I have kids or not. If it happens great, but if not oh well no big deal. I still want a wife and kids though. Still looking. But I can't seem to find a decent woman these days... Feminists have completely messed things up for normal people who want families. Women are terrible now.... I'll tell ya this though, I'd rather be single with no kids instead of some of those poor divorced bastards paying child support and can't even see their kids. If I can find a good one though, then fantastic. I'm thinking Eastern Europe might be a good place to look. Buddy of mine married a Polish girl who is smoking hot!! I'm kind of jealous of him, but then again he complains about her all the time, haha. So yeah IDK man, it's a crap-shoot, ha. Of course I know some ugly people who married and have kids and are great people. It seems like the good looking people are the terrible ones. I keep wanting my cake and eating it too. But maybe I'll have to lower my standards a bit and find a 6 or something that's loyal and honest. Old men tell me you fuck the hot ones, and marry the ugly ones who can cook and clean and are good mothers. 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:02:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I think if you aren't one of those people who dreams about having kids your whole life then probably just hold off.  That might not be right, but so much work is involved that you should be 110% on board to consider it. 
View Quote
I was one of those people that never really thought anything of having kids. After my daughter was born last year my world changed for the better. I'm still an asshole but I love kids, now
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:16:09 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm 47 now. Not too late for me, but too late for my wife. When we finally decided to try, it was too late. My wife isn't as bothered by it as I am. I am bothered. I can't do anything about it, but I do think about it a lot.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:18:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm 47 now. Not too late for me, but too late for my wife. When we finally decided to try, it was too late. My wife isn't as bothered by it as I am. I am bothered. I can't do anything about it, but I do think about it a lot.
View Quote
You can technically do something about it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:19:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Me too.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:23:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Honestly I was in the same mindset. My spouse had a less than 10% chance of getting pregnant. I wrote off having a child of my own off. I am 37, our child is due next month. At first I didn't know what to think since a child was not in my future. The closer she gets to delivery the more excited I am.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:25:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:26:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I dunno.... you can be pretty freakin' old and still have kids.  How old are we talking about?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:27:12 AM EDT
[#21]
I am 45.  My current girlfriend is 43.

I am on testosterone injections.

Before the testosterone injections I was a reclusive/hermit type person with no energy and no ambition.

If I were to go off the testosterone, I think I would have to go on a drug called clomid.  I hear climud can really fuck with you mentally or psychologically.  I'd rather not put myself through that.

The girlfriend has only been married once and has no kids.

Who knows...maybe if I had been diagnosed with low T earlier like in my 20's I might have been confident enough to put myself out there on the dating scene...met some woman...got married and started trying to get pregnant.

Strangely enough... my co-workers really want to see me get married and to start cranking out kids.

I can only chalk that up to "misery loves company"....I guess.

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:28:34 AM EDT
[#22]
A man is not complete without children, sounds harsh, but it is true.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:30:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I always felt like it's up to fate to decide if I have kids or not. If it happens great, but if not oh well no big deal. I still want a wife and kids though. Still looking. But I can't seem to find a decent woman these days... Feminists have completely messed things up for normal people who want families. Women are terrible now.... I'll tell ya this though, I'd rather be single with no kids instead of some of those poor divorced bastards paying child support and can't even see their kids. If I can find a good one though, then fantastic. I'm thinking Eastern Europe might be a good place to look. Buddy of mine married a Polish girl who is smoking hot!! I'm kind of jealous of him, but then again he complains about her all the time, haha. So yeah IDK man, it's a crap-shoot, ha. Of course I know some ugly people who married and have kids and are great people. It seems like the good looking people are the terrible ones. I keep wanting my cake and eating it too. But maybe I'll have to lower my standards a bit and find a 6 or something that's loyal and honest. Old men tell me you fuck the hot ones, and marry the ugly ones who can cook and clean and are good mothers. 
View Quote
Go find an Afrikaans girl in South Africa. A "boeremeise." That's what I did 7 years ago. Very conservative, old fashioned values, and loves to shoot and hunt. Best decision I ever made.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:30:17 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm 48, no kids. I'm not sorry. My Dad is disappointed, though.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:31:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:37:34 AM EDT
[#26]
31, 2 little girls, when I was growing up was staunchly against having kids.  I didn't like kids and had no interest in trying to raise them.  I couldn't have been more wrong, I live and breathe for these 2 little terrorists and wouldn't change a damn thing.  They are so fun and at the same time make me think I will go to an early grave.  It's a very difficult thing to explain.

ETA: I still think all other kids besides my own suck ass and I have zero tolerance for their shit
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:38:16 AM EDT
[#27]
I'd be a terrible father. I hate kids so I certainly don't want to make any.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:38:40 AM EDT
[#28]
I only feel bad about my parents not having grandchildren. They're great parents. Case in point, they don't give me shit about being a loner and never bring it up.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:06:51 AM EDT
[#29]
If I could go back and start over, I would not have any kids at all, I spent way to much time away from home and didn't get to spend any time with my daughter and I have had exactly one conversation face to face with her in just over 18 years.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:10:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
A man is not complete without children, sounds harsh, but it is true.  
View Quote
Sounds dumb, is how it sounds.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:29:02 AM EDT
[#31]
glad i dont have any soul sucking money killers.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:29:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Can't, medical reasons.  We're thinking of adopting instead while we're still young.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:32:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If I could go back and start over, I would not have any kids at all, I spent way to much time away from home and didn't get to spend any time with my daughter and I have had exactly one conversation face to face with her in just over 18 years.
View Quote
Why would you not wish for more time with your daughter instead of just wishing you never had kids at all?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:34:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Fucked up my chances more than once. Not interested anymore.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:37:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'd make a terrible father and I know it.
View Quote
Same here.

I'm not exactly thrilled with the idea of never having kids, but it is what it is.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:37:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I dunno.... you can be pretty freakin' old and still have kids.  How old are we talking about?
View Quote
53... Way too old to be making babies.
I love kids, just missed out...
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:39:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Why would you not wish for more time with your daughter instead of just wishing you never had kids at all?
View Quote
Because it would have saved her and me a lot of pain, she has her life and is not interested in me or my life, I am good with that, she is a good kid, but if you can't interact and teach your kids to be adults, than why even have them.  She has a beautiful family with a couple of great kids and a fantastic husband, I am glad she has been doing good in her life.

I don't wish anybody bad because they choose to have children, just didn't work out in my case and I have no problem with it.

Somebody asked for an opinion and I gave mine.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:40:16 AM EDT
[#38]
I don't think my wife and I will ever have kids. I hope my brother does, so the family name can continue since we have a lineage that I would hate to see end with me and my brother. Dukes in England in the 1600's, Captain in the Revolution, General in the Civil War, Fighting men of WW2 and Korea and Nam.

But I just don't ever see myself as a parent. I like kids, and love my nieces and nephews but I'm to selfish to be a parent.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:41:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
I waited 41 years to meet my little girl. The world and how I look at it changed for me. Maybe you're not too old?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:41:53 AM EDT
[#40]
54, sometimes I feel the same way, other times I'm glad I don't have any spawn.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:45:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sometimes thats my regret as well, but I honestly don't think I'm cut out to be parenting material.  Too selfish for one thing, too many financial issues for another thing, add in the fact that there are some days that I am fairly certain I'm retarded at some level and it's better off that I hadn't bred.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:46:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
REDACTED 
View Quote
A little too much info for a public forum?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:46:40 AM EDT
[#43]
No thanks.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:50:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I don't think my wife and I will ever have kids. I hope my brother does, so the family name can continue since we have a lineage that I would hate to see end with me and my brother. Dukes in England in the 1600's, Captain in the Revolution, General in the Civil War, Fighting men of WW2 and Korea and Nam.

But I just don't ever see myself as a parent. I like kids, and love my nieces and nephews but I'm to selfish to be a parent.
View Quote
My bloodline dies with me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:51:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I regret nothing.
View Quote
Same.
I have a cat.
I'm selfish of my time/space.
So is the feline slut.

We make a perfect pair.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:57:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, you didn't.  I'm a successful motherfucker of sorts. I was but a 21 year old. Thought I had it all figured out. Got a girl I hate now, not at the time, pregnant.  Now I have the best kid I could ever hope for. I'll be free of cs at age 38. He will still be awesome,  I'll be free and clear of his mother in 7 years,  and I wouldn't dare change anything.

Life could be far worse.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:00:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Oh man you did it now. You used the F word. 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:03:45 AM EDT
[#48]
I think I'd make a great father, which could easily indicate I'd be a terrible one. But due to the low standards of our times, simply being present would be a huge thing.

Lol.

Nope, it's a big financial decision that is mostly just for legacy. I'm 27 yrs old and live in a country where the old people voted themselves so much free shit, and taught their kids to do the same, in a way that there can be no middle class.

Can't justify kids if I can't even afford the things I want, or put money away. Like throwing it at Jeeps to push off cliffs.

Idiocracy.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:15:09 AM EDT
[#49]
I have my first (and so far only) when I was 45.

Doesn't seem to old to me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:40:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still, not necessarily too old.   Put an ad in CL.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top