BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2017 9:59:56 AM EDT
Good thing I bought a Ferrari 488 instead 

The Lexus LFA Is the $400,000 Supercar Nobody Talks About
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:13:06 AM EDT
[#1]
While an interesting machine with a sweet sounding engine, they are not the most attractive thing in the world.

I was pretty underwhelmed when I saw one in person. Kinda looks like a chubby cousin of a Supra if you squint at it. They don't look like $400,000 worth of car.

Don't get me wrong, I would take one if given to me but I could think of a whole lot of other stuff with wheels I would spend that kinda coin on.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#2]
DeMuro is the PewDiePie of car reviewers. Some of his content is enjoyable but he just comes off as an idiot a lot of the time.

HURR DURR the other guys are using sledgehammers to bash in doors on an Allroad, I'm going to use my Range Rover.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#3]
You should see the new Kia Soul my wife just got. Top Titties.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:17:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I have driven one twice in my life while it is a cool car and sounds bad ass it has some shortfalls for the price you pay.  The shortfalls is why no one talks about this car.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:18:31 AM EDT
[#5]
ehhhh   almost 1/2 mil for a toyota?    whatev.....
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:18:33 AM EDT
[#6]
If I was going to pay that kind of money I'd at least want a good looking car
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:20:09 AM EDT
[#7]
It's so far outside my realm of possibility that it's not even worth learning and thinking about, let alone talking about.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have driven one twice in my life while it is a cool car and sounds bad ass it has some shortfalls for the price you pay.  The shortfalls is why no one talks about this car.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think it suffers from the same problem as the Acura NSX. Acura doesn't have any other performance cars to bring people into showrooms.  Lexus doesn't really have any anymore except the RC.

Quoted:

LOL...it's like saying an RX is a Highlander. When in fact they're put together a lot better, ride a lot better, and are just nicer vehicles.

Source: I drive a CT200h.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:23:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
I am glad you're not my accountant. $400k is not 1/2 million 
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:40:20 AM EDT
[#11]
An impressive car, no doubt. I can't see paying $400k for it though. I'm gonna go ahead and buy a Huracan and a Gen V Viper... 2 V10s for the price of 1.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#12]
I think branding is a big part of it.
Guys who might otherwise enjoy an MX5 (Miata) avoid them because they are culturally associated with gay dudes.
Likewise many guys avoid Lexus because it's seen as a "Woman's brand".
If you're going to drop $400k on a ride you aren't going to pick one with stigma hang ups.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:43:51 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll take two!  I mean both!
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:54:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I think it suffers from the same problem as the Acura NSX. Acura doesn't have any other performance cars to bring people into showrooms.  Lexus doesn't really have any anymore except the RC.
View Quote
They don't really have any at all. The RC isn't a performance car, it's an old person coupe, just like the SC it replaced. It's very heavy and has a suspension that's designed to make Grandma happy on the Interstate, not take corners at speed. The RC F is a bit better, but you still wouldn't really describe it as a "good handling car".
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They don't really have any at all. The RC isn't a performance car, it's an old person coupe, just like the SC it replaced. It's very heavy and has a suspension that's designed to make Grandma happy on the Interstate, not take corners at speed. The RC F is a bit better, but you still wouldn't really describe it as a "good handling car".
View Quote

It's kind of a shame what happened to the IS as well.  Except for the F, it's not really that sporty.  When we bought my wife's CT, I test drove an IS300, and that was a blast.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It's kind of a shame what happened to the IS as well.  Except for the F, it's not really that sporty.  When we bought my wife's CT, I test drove an IS300, and that was a blast.
View Quote
It's just Lexus appealing to its demographic base, you can't really blame them for that. Their customers want comfortable luxury, so that's what they sell.

The LFA was a neat sort of unicorn - almost a prototype that Toyota decided to actually sell.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:16:27 AM EDT
[#17]
amazing car but as clarkson says "I can't get over the fact I am still driving a lexus"
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:20:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
I know. Who would by this Volkswagen 

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Too beaucoup...can't even dream about it
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:29:53 AM EDT
[#20]
oh my... yes please.

and I like the Lexus, I think it's sexy.  Of course I'll never be able to afford one, but I think they look cool.

I drive a 2001 Toyota Camry, so pretty much anything that starts every time and doesn't make people point and laugh is cool to me....
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:30:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Cool car for sure but if I were going to spend 400K on a car, that one would NOT be in the running.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:32:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#23]
There are quite a few cars in history that are expensive but don't look amazing.  Indeed, that's part of the appeal to some.

Not everyone wants to draw too much attention to themselves.  But they want a nice, sporty car.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#24]
  1. Nissan GTR
  2. Porsche 911 GT3.
  3. Ferrari F12 Berlinetta.
  4. Audi R8.
  5. Ford GT.
  6. Aston Martin DB11.
  7. BMW i8.
  8. Lamborghini Huracan.

I'd think the issue is all these cars have to be passed up before you decide...man I really like that Lexus..
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:42:42 AM EDT
[#25]
But does it have that thar Veesix ecobootht "progress" like the Ferd GT (another $400k car)?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top