Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2017 8:52:46 AM EDT
I thought all the Commies used the 47 variant. When did they change to the 74?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:53:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:56:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
That picture in your post looks just like to two commie bastards from NK on the home page...
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:10:36 AM EDT
[#3]
NK = Communists, the best communists!
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:11:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Probably sometime after 1974, like a lot of commies did
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:46:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I thought all the Commies used the 47 variant. When did they change to the 74?
View Quote
Wait until you find out that the Chinese use 5.8x42mm in weird bullpups. 
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:04:29 AM EDT
[#6]
So who still uses the  7.62x39, the Skinnys ?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Some Russian MVD units.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:08:10 AM EDT
[#8]
they've got 100 rd tube magazines for the 74. Can't do that with a 7.62 x 39.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:09:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:11:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
3rd world shitholes in Africa, the Finns (in the Valmet), Venezuela, and american dirt shooters.

The russians use a little of it, but that's kinda like seeing a picture of a 45 ACP 1911 in current U.S. military use, and thinking it is common issue.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
So it's 100 and done?  Use your AK as a club afterwards?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I've always stayed away from the 5.45x39 due to the headaches with corrosive ammo. I need to check to see if there's any US-based companies making non-corrosive ammo. I still love my 762x39...
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:20:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've always stayed away from the 5.45x39 due to the headaches with corrosive ammo. I need to check to see if there's any US-based companies making non-corrosive ammo. I still love my 762x39...
View Quote
The corrosive issues are overblown.  5.45mm is best mm.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't know. but it seems like a big plus on immediate contact firing. Probably have a harder time misplacing one of those too.

After this Kim dies, maybe they'll give capitalism a try. They could sell those mags. i want one.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.

I have more of that stacked up than anything else...including 22LR.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 1:03:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Don't know. but it seems like a big plus on immediate contact firing. Probably have a harder time misplacing one of those too.

After this Kim dies, maybe they'll give capitalism a try. They could sell those mags. i want one.
View Quote
A NK made 100 round tube mag just sounds like fail and AIDS.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Plenty of commercial imported non corrosive 5,45 around

Check SGAMMO
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Headache?  You boil a pot of water, field strip the gun, and use a turkey baster to wash out all the areas with powder fouling.  Then clean and oil as you would any other gun.  It's really not a big deal.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm curious to see if those tube magazines actually work.  I bet they may be unreliable.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 6:52:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm curious to see if those tube magazines actually work.  I bet they may be unreliable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know, everything there is done under threat of death. Make emperor unhappy, you die. It's pretty much why they are stuck in the 60's technology wise. Stick with what works....
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be 100 rounds of uninterupted poison bullet fail and AIDS going down range between reloads. Kinda winning!
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 6:56:12 AM EDT
[#23]
As to corrosive, I just take my 74 in the shower with me when I'm done. Easy peazy
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 7:11:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
THIS!

Easy to cleanup after shooting corrosive primers. Start with a water based solvent and then clean and lube as normal. Just make sure you clean it the same day you shoot it (like you should with any firearm). I have been shooting corrosive ammo for 30 years and I have yet to find a speck of rust on anything I properly cleaned after shooting.

Also, Soviet era corrosive primers have a lot of advantages. Number one being that the ammo shoots like factory fresh after decades of storage in less than ideal conditions.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 7:16:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

THIS!

Easy to cleanup after shooting corrosive primers. Start with a water based solvent and then clean and lube as normal. Just make sure you clean it the same day you shoot it (like you should with any firearm). I have been shooting corrosive ammo for 30 years and I have yet to find a speck of rust on anything I properly cleaned after shooting.

Also, Soviet era corrosive primers have a lot of advantages. Number one being that the ammo shoots like factory fresh after decades of storage in less than ideal conditions.
View Quote
I was told to spray some windex down the barrel of my mosin when using corrosive ammo. Not sure if really works though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top