Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/29/2017 6:02:15 AM EDT
Link

Just a few months away from her water breaking, a pregnant woman who got accosted by an alleged purse snatcher nearly broke the back of her assailant with her SUV.

According to WLOS, Robert Raines was spotted by witnesses going through Christine Braswell’s vehicle in broad daylight around 12:30 p.m. Wednesday in the parking lot of an Asheville, N.C., Walmart.

When witnesses confronted Raines over what he was doing, he allegedly ran off with Braswell’s purse, causing the mother-to-be to become angry as hell.
"He was with my purse and he took off and I took off after him," Braswell told WLOS. "Me being five months pregnant, I chased a little ways then come back, jumped in the car, threw it in gear and come across the curb and ran him over. I was not going to let him get away with it. It's not right, it's not fair."

Members of a WLOS news crew happened to be in the area when the incident occurred and managed to capture the moment that Braswell’s drove Raines down, knocking his half-naked body into the air with the front of her car.

He has been charged with felony breaking and entering, larceny and misdemeanor damage to property, as Braswell stated he broke the screens on both her iPad and phone.

Meanwhile, Braswell has been charged with misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:03:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Good drive.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:04:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Good drive.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:05:37 AM EDT
[#3]

You wouldn't like it when she's angry.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:06:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Good squish.I hope here charges are dropped.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:07:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Haha! Fuck thieves.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:07:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice hit.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:08:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Good Hit.

ETA:

Fuck Thieves, doubly fuck a thief that purse snatches a Pregnant Woman.

Shoulda put a wheel on his head and turned it lock to lock a couple times.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:09:59 AM EDT
[#8]
No shirt and stick figure jailhouse tats? You know he's guilty of something. Good hit all day. Wonder where he left his pitbull? Probably marauding through the trailer park.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:10:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Not guilty.

In before some fuck head asks if we should run over children for stealing candy.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:11:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Not guilty.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:12:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Too bad you can't pick which jury you are going to be on. Doubt this will go well for driver. Fuck the POS thief. Pregnant mother, you have got to be a worthless human being to rob someone like this.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:15:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Too bad you can't pick which jury you are going to be on. Doubt this will go well for driver. Fuck the POS thief. Pregnant mother, you have got to be a worthless human being to rob someone like this.
View Quote
It'll go fine for the criminal portion.

Sympathetic feelings for a pregnant victim, plus her actions because of hormones where especially female jurors can relate.

The civil trial will suck for her though.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:19:13 AM EDT
[#13]
I doubt the dirtbag knew his victim was preggo so it wasn't like he was singling her out.

Hopefully she got her WIC and bridge card back.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:23:10 AM EDT
[#14]
"Just a few months away from her water breaking, a pregnant woman who got accosted by an alleged purse snatcher nearly broke the back of her assailant with her SUV."

Experts agree: if you need to break an assailant's back, an SUV is a handy tool for the job.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:30:59 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm ok with it. 
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:31:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:36:02 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't think I'd vote to convict her if I was on the jury.

As far as the thief goes, maybe the sh*thead won't do that anymore, either, so it's possible this has a happy ending after all.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:38:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
In before some fuck head asks if we should run over children for stealing candy.
View Quote
So...should we run over children for stealing candy?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:41:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don't think I'd vote to convict her if I was on the jury.

As far as the thief goes, maybe the sh*thead won't do that anymore, either, so it's possible this has a happy ending after all.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:42:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So...should we run over children for stealing candy?
View Quote
Yes...
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:44:34 AM EDT
[#21]
lol, that is awesome.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:45:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:47:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Put me on the jury and there will be no conviction.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:51:48 AM EDT
[#24]
"Better get out of the way" .
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:53:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Not guilty.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:58:01 AM EDT
[#26]
So, does she go to jury trial or plead out? I think a jury says not gulity
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:03:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Link

Just a few months away from her water breaking, a pregnant woman who got accosted by an alleged purse snatcher nearly broke the back of her assailant with her SUV.

According to WLOS, Robert Raines was spotted by witnesses going through Christine Braswell’s vehicle in broad daylight around 12:30 p.m. Wednesday in the parking lot of an Asheville, N.C., Walmart.

When witnesses confronted Raines over what he was doing, he allegedly ran off with Braswell’s purse, causing the mother-to-be to become angry as hell.
"He was with my purse and he took off and I took off after him," Braswell told WLOS. "Me being five months pregnant, I chased a little ways then come back, jumped in the car, threw it in gear and come across the curb and ran him over. I was not going to let him get away with it. It's not right, it's not fair."

Members of a WLOS news crew happened to be in the area when the incident occurred and managed to capture the moment that Braswell’s drove Raines down, knocking his half-naked body into the air with the front of her car.

He has been charged with felony breaking and entering, larceny and misdemeanor damage to property, as Braswell stated he broke the screens on both her iPad and phone.

Meanwhile, Braswell has been charged with misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon.
View Quote
View Quote

I would think your new meme applies to this story.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:05:45 AM EDT
[#28]
I'd vote "Not Guilty Due to Pregnancy Crazy-Hormones".   60 days deferred sentence, $200 fine.

Next !
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:07:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I doubt the dirtbag knew his victim was preggo so it wasn't like he was singling her out.

Hopefully she got her WIC and bridge card back.
View Quote
Not sure about New York, but it wouldn't matter if he knew of not, something called the Fragile Egg, our states attorney said if a person smacked or punched someone in the head and they had a bone issue like Samuel Jackson in Broken, wouldn't matter if the guy died because of the punch or the condition. Guy would face additional; charges as if he knew about it.? Aimless might know what it is.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:09:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Not sure about New York, but it wouldn't matter if he knew of not, something called the Fragile Egg, our states attorney said if a person smacked or punched someone in the head and they had a bone issue like Samuel Jackson in Broken, wouldn't matter if the guy died because of the punch or the condition. Guy would face additional; charges as if he knew about it.? Aimless might know what it is.
View Quote
Special snowflake law?

I don't have any issue with what she did but the law doesn't like when someone else does it's job.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:31:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Shooting him would have been better.

Woman deserves an award.

Fuck thieves

She is innocent, ALL RESPONSIBILITY should fall on the criminal.

People should not be held responsible when reacting to a criminal act perpetrated against them. If the POS was not committing the crime the action from the victim wouldn't have happened.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:35:39 AM EDT
[#32]
The thief throws his hands up when he's hit and the purse goes flying up in the air, love it.

Not guilty if I'm on the jury.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:37:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I would think your new meme applies to this story.
View Quote
Guy didn't die, can't reach climax without death.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:37:33 AM EDT
[#34]
I'llallowit.jpg

I hope her charges are dropped.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:38:13 AM EDT
[#35]
While I have ZERO sympathy for thieves me thinks she is gonna' be charged with something like attempted vehicular homicide.

She had zero fear for her safety at that point.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:38:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Maybe not
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:39:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
While I have ZERO sympathy for thieves me thinks she is gonna' be charged with something like attempted vehicular homicide.
View Quote
"Meanwhile, Braswell has been charged with misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon."
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:39:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Good run over.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:40:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'llallowit.jpg

I hope her charges are dropped.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:42:23 AM EDT
[#40]
She's been charged with assault. Nice work, NY. Nice work.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:42:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Maybe not
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe not
I was joking of course.

But I do feel this way.
People should not be held responsible when reacting to a criminal act perpetrated against them. If the POS was not committing the crime the action from the victim wouldn't have happened.

Fight or flight, we know what she chose
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:43:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiFJZVTpGtQ

You wouldn't like it when she's angry.
View Quote
Sometimes you eat the bear.... sometimes the bear eats you.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:44:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
She's been charged with agg assault. Nice work, NY. Nice work.
View Quote
@dillehayd

"Wednesday in the parking lot of an Asheville, N.C., Walmart."

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:45:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Good hit but shes going to jail unless i was on the jury
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:45:48 AM EDT
[#45]
It seems totally worth it to put your unborn in danger by chasing a scumbag.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:46:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Another reason not to visit that state.

Got fooled by the guy who posted the wrong state. Damn. I is fag to.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:49:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

"Meanwhile, Braswell has been charged with misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon."
View Quote
I'm surprised they charged her.  The end result seems pretty obvious, and it isn't going to end with her convivtion.  Why even start down a road you can see is a dead end.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:51:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

She had zero fear for her safety at that point.
View Quote
He will show up in court in a wheelchair and get probation and then he'll sue her for a legal jackpot.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:53:25 AM EDT
[#49]
LOL Asheville. Guy probably was some tweaker looking for some cash. Libtards and hillbillies all in the mix.
Good bump. She got off light with only assault with a deadly weapon. Not the most serious of charges. 
Sounds like the police thought it was a good hit too. Woman's screen name? She doesn't put up with
stealing from her at all.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:54:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top