Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Makes sense.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:17:29 PM EDT
[#3]
No more fast and furious for you! 
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Where the hell do you get that much .38 super?
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:18:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where the hell do you get that much .38 super?
View Quote
CTD
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:18:52 PM EDT
[#6]

I don't see what law he broke.  At least not a US law, which is all ICE should be trying to enforce.  Granted, it's probably going to thugs across the border, but we should enforce laws, not assumed intent.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Messican Colt won't feed themselves duuuhhhh
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:20:13 PM EDT
[#8]
On June 17, 2017, at approximately 2:00 p.m., Homeland Security Investigations…agents received information that 7,000 rounds of Aguila .38 Super ammunition had been purchased in Phoenix by an individual who was driving a dark green Chevrolet Suburban,” wrote ATF Special Agent Robert Kilcoyne in a criminal complaint.

Cool so 7k in ammo triggers a federal investigation?
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:20:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Mexico bans military calibers so .38 super is popular there
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:21:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't see what law he broke.  At least not a US law, which is all ICE should be trying to enforce.  Granted, it's probably going to thugs across the border, but we should enforce laws, not assumed intent.
View Quote
22 CFR 123.17 - Exports of firearms, ammunition, and personal protective gear.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:22:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
This, it's not illegal for non-citizens to buy ammo.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
On June 17, 2017, at approximately 2:00 p.m., Homeland Security Investigations…agents received information that 7,000 rounds of Aguila .38 Super ammunition had been purchased in Phoenix by an individual who was driving a dark green Chevrolet Suburban,” wrote ATF Special Agent Robert Kilcoyne in a criminal complaint.

View Quote
I'm guessing in a border state it does.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:22:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a llama 1911 chambered in 38 super, one of the very few guns I regret selling

I got rid of it because of ammo availability, this was like 15 years ago or so, guess I never thought of going to meheeco for ammo.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:23:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I didn't know that USPSA Open Division was that big in Mexico.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:23:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The dark green suburban didn't help either...

If he'd driven off in a Miata, no one would have made a peep.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:24:24 PM EDT
[#16]
The ATF is just mad that someone is trying to cut in on their business.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:24:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Fortunately, there's a link to the complaint in the article so you can read which US laws ICE was enforcing.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:25:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

22 CFR 123.17 - Exports of firearms, ammunition, and personal protective gear.
View Quote
I should have known we would have a law for that.  Silly me, thinking we had a 'free' society.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:25:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Something "smells fishy," I think the media has left out some very important details. The ammo is legal on both sides of the border.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also that caliber, dead giveaway.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:27:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Something "smells fishy," I think the media has left out some very important details. The ammo is legal on both sides of the border.
View Quote
It's a taxations thing. Have to have a license to export. Government needs there cut.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:30:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I think .38 Super is an interesting round. Never fired one, but I do have one cartridge in my ammo collection. I wouldnt not own one if I came across a good deal on one, if that makes sense. It reminds me of a 9mm magnum.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:36:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think .38 Super is an interesting round. Never fired one, but I do have one cartridge in my ammo collection. I wouldnt not own one if I came across a good deal on one, if that makes sense. It reminds me of a 9mm magnum.
View Quote
I always thought it was interesting also. When I was first getting into guns, I went to a gun shop hoping to order a kimber custom II in .38 super, the employees looked at me like I was crazy and talked me out of it. Oh well
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorta like a .357 Sig, but less modern. 
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:47:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Stereotype FTW.
View Quote
Lulz
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:47:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I didn't know that USPSA Open Division was that big in Mexico.
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#28]
.38 Super was carried in the South West for many years.

You can see some really nice Colt .38 Super 1911's at the Texas Ranger Museum in Waco.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Wait... they were smuggling Aguila ammo *into* Mexico?
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:49:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Wait... they were smuggling Aguila ammo *into* Mexico?
View Quote
So I shouldn't be smuggling beer to Milwaukee?
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I should have known we would have a law for that.  Silly me, thinking we had a 'free' society.
View Quote
So you're OK with guns, ammo, armor, and  night vision going to countries that could in turn use those same things against
our troops in their country or have those people use those arms against our Border Patrol and other Citizens like they did during Fast and Furious.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:54:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:55:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nope. I buy lowers constantly, even after that retarded EO from Obama that said three within a year. My guess is that the shop owner tipped them off, kind of like that snackbar fellow who bought a load of powder a few years back.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:56:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This, it's not illegal for non-citizens to buy ammo.
View Quote
I thought it was?
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:59:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Nope. I buy lowers constantly, even after that retarded EO from Obama that said three within a year. My guess is that the shop owner tipped them off, kind of like that snackbar fellow who bought a load of powder a few years back.
View Quote
My guess is your name isn't jose.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:59:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You can't Willy Nilly export arms and ammo. Go try that shit in Canada and let me know how it goes. They would not take it likely.
Quoted:
There were probably several red flags. Lot of the border stores are under scrutiny for bullshit like this and none want to get thrown under the bus like happened in Fast and Furious

Quoted:
Quoted:
Higher capacity. I'd take a 9x23 or super over 357 Sig any day
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#38]
<MSM> This poor undocumented dreamer was racially profiled due to his choice in caliber. </MSM> 
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Not Illegal to buy the ammo. Just gives reasonable suspicion.

Try to cross the border and your toast.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:01:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Mexican drug lords want to role play late 70s ipsc?
View Quote
Old USPSA guys all over are desperately hoping so. There will finally be someone to sell all those $3000 (80's dollars) single stack iron sighted comp guns to.

I miss those guns.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:02:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Fucking Open Division shooters...
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:04:31 PM EDT
[#42]
ITAR controlled item I guess?  I talked to a few old timers at the Walmart in WA and they said that ever since ITAR came into place, they lost a ton of business in terms of ammo sales.

I guess it has it's good and bad.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:05:18 PM EDT
[#43]
The I Rony of a Mexican smuggling Mexican made ammo into Mexico is ironic.
View Quote
Apparently someone got their feelz hurt because it is gone.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:06:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:09:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Modern magnums owe a lot to the 38Super and the 38/44 Outdoorsman.

Late 20s and early 30s had pushed the cartridges to to test the limits of what could be done with a non-jacketed round.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:11:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I always thought it was interesting also. When I was first getting into guns, I went to a gun shop hoping to order a kimber custom II in .38 super, the employees looked at me like I was crazy and talked me out of it. Oh well
View Quote
It was the kimber request that did it , not the caliber 
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:12:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I don't see what law he broke. At least not a US law, which is all ICE should be trying to enforce.  Granted, it's probably going to thugs across the border, but we should enforce laws, not assumed intent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I don't see what law he broke. At least not a US law, which is all ICE should be trying to enforce.  Granted, it's probably going to thugs across the border, but we should enforce laws, not assumed intent.

That's because you obviously didn't read the article and click the link to the affidavit for warrant of arrest. The law that he broke, which by the way IS A US LAW (contrary to what you wrote) is:

18 U.S. Code § 554 - Smuggling goods from the United States
(a) In General.—
Whoever fraudulently or knowingly exports or sends from the United States, or attempts to export or send from the United States, any merchandise, article, or object contrary to any law or regulation of the United States, or receives, conceals, buys, sells, or in any manner facilitates the transportation, concealment, or sale of such merchandise, article or object, prior to exportation, knowing the same to be intended for exportation contrary to any law or regulation of the United States, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.

So, ICE/HSI is enforcing US law.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very similar mass and velocity numbers but without the stupid necked down case.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
ITAR controlled item I guess?  I talked to a few old timers at the Walmart in WA and they said that ever since ITAR came into place, they lost a ton of business in terms of ammo sales.

I guess it has it's good and bad.
View Quote
Alot of Canadians try to buy ammo in the US and have it shipped up there.  US businesses are missing out on alot of business because of ITAR
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#50]
It was for them ghost guns out of the Philippines.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top