BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:05:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What would you call people who are incapable of maintaining more than a 1/3rd of a car length at 80mph because they expect the person in front of them to cut off a semi truck in moderate traffic in order to get out of the way? 
View Quote
You obviously do not understand, people that leave 3 feet between bumpers at highway speeds are never at fault and own the road.  We are lucky to even share the roads with these gods that drive near us.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:06:46 PM EDT
[#2]
OP do you want to win a Darwin award, because this is how you'll eventually win one.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:07:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
80 is already pushing it. I will not fly 95mph to the next opening 
View Quote
Again I'm glad you set the acceptable speed limit.
where did you get your doctorate in civil engineering?
Do States specifically ask you what speed they should enable on their highways?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:07:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Total shitbird behavior.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:07:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yes I do. As soon as I can, actually. If someone comes up behind me and leaves a car length or so, I will move over as soon as possible. 

If they aggressively ride my bumper, it's going to make me anxious and it might take me a tad longer. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No you don't.
Yes I do. As soon as I can, actually. If someone comes up behind me and leaves a car length or so, I will move over as soon as possible. 

If they aggressively ride my bumper, it's going to make me anxious and it might take me a tad longer. 
Congratulations! Your level of immaturity dictates that you really shouldn't be driving.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:09:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You obviously do not understand, people that leave 3 feet between bumpers at highway speeds are never at fault and own the road.  We are lucky to even share the roads with these gods that drive near us.
View Quote
At least you're starting to realize you're inferior to most men.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:09:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I ride my motorcycle(BMW K1600GT, stock quiet exhaust) at speed so that I am always overtaking traffic.  I will flash my lights at some one in the left lane AS A COURTESY to them, as I realize that I probably appeared behind them at a rate that they don't comprehend.  

I am prepared to deal with jackasses like you, however.
View Quote
If I see someone like you coming up closer and closer, I get my blinker on to move over as soon as it is safe. Many times I get my blinker on before you flash your headlights.

I also don't play flip you off as you pass me or I pass you.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:09:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
False equivalence as there is another option, SPEED THE FUCK UP UNTIL YOU CAN SAFELY GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY. 
But you'll slow down for the sake of being an intentional asshole.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:09:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#10]
With time and a great deal of luck, you may grow up OP.

Foolish to be a tailgater.  Foolish to egg them on.  Fools die eventually.  Unfortunately, they sometimes take the innocent with them.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:11:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
My acceptable speed limit is 80mph max in a 65. I don't really care what yours is, and you can continue to go at your comfortable speed once you pass me.

Unfortunately your commute will be temporarily reduced from 25 miles over the speed limit to a mere 15 miles over the speed limit as I continue to pass cars at my comfortable pace until I find an opening where I can safely transition into the next lane and allow you to pass. 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:13:09 PM EDT
[#12]
So confused.

Driving the speed limit or slightly over is dangerous and douchey, but following closely at high rates of speed and driving extremely aggressively is safe and proper. It is ok to pit someone or punch their teeth in for not doing things your way (sounds kinda lefty to me) and cops feel good about writing huge tickets to motorists who choose not to be bullied by some flatbiller who is road raging but don't feel the need to cite tailgaters. The safety of yourself and others is not as important as letting Joe Douche do 100+mph and weave through traffic because he is in a hurry to be douchey at some other location.

Did I miss anything?

I understand medical emergencies, but at what point is your safety worth killing a minivan full of kids?

GD seems extra dumb today
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

At least you're starting to realize you're inferior to most men.
View Quote
Whatever helps you sleep better a night.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
From your OP:

I'm on a 2 lane interstate in the left lane passing a couple minivans. Douchey vehicle comes charging up my ass going 95 and riding my bumper... nothing gets me harder than pulling up directly beside one of those vans, matching their speed, throwing on cruise control, and watching the idiot behind me rage for the next 10 minutes. If he submits, and acknowledges that I am in control by getting off my bumper, I will then give him his lane. Some people learn quickly, others don't.

Hmm, I like how "as soon as I can" can take up to 10 minutes.

I personally would rather move over and let the guy going 95, for whatever reason, pass than have him hover at 75 right behind me for 10 minutes.  Even if that I meant I had to go, wait for it, 76.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:14:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't flip people off anymore, I wave and seems to work better.

One thing I'll never understand about the sheep that live here in the Pacific Northwest is the use of high beams.
I'll cut off a left leg camper and they'll start having an autistic spasm with their high beam selector, but I'm not sure what exactly they're trying to accomplish.

People don't use their horns here either...
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Congrats on creating a rolling road block you asshole.

I bet you're one that stays in the fast lane no matter what like it's your own personal travel lane.

Why do you give a shit what speed someone else wants to drive at?

Just pass the car you're passing and move the hell over to the slow lane and let the other cars around you.

They can't tailgate you if they aren't behind you.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

From your OP:

I'm on a 2 lane interstate in the left lane passing a couple minivans. Douchey vehicle comes charging up my ass going 95 and riding my bumper... nothing gets me harder than pulling up directly beside one of those vans, matching their speed, throwing on cruise control, and watching the idiot behind me rage for the next 10 minutes. If he submits, and acknowledges that I am in control by getting off my bumper, I will then give him his lane. Some people learn quickly, others don't.

Hmm, I like how "as soon as I can" can take up to 10 minutes.

I personally would rather move over and let the guy going 95, for whatever reason, pass than have him hover at 75 right behind me for 10 minutes.  Even if that I meant I had to go, wait for it, 76.
View Quote
10 minutes is a bit of an exaggeration, but it might take me a bit longer if the person behind me is on my bumper. 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:16:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My acceptable speed limit is 80mph max in a 65. I don't really care what yours is, and you can continue to go at your comfortable speed once you pass me.

Unfortunately your commute will be temporarily reduced from 25 miles over the speed limit to a mere 15 miles over the speed limit as I continue to pass cars at my comfortable pace until I find an opening where I can safely transition into the next lane and allow you to pass. 
View Quote
As your camping in the left lane, like a faggot.

I hope you come across someone like me one day, but something tells me its only a matter of time.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:16:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That goes completely against what you stated in your OP.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
In 2012 I sliced my wrist open on accident causing me to have two surgeries, I was bleeding. A lot. My wife was taking me to the ER, as I was turning white in the passenger seat, on the verge of passing out. She was driving at a pretty good clip when she got stuck behind someone in the left lane who would not move out of the way and did the same thing that you did, tried to box her in with a truck. She ended up passing on the shoulder to get around the guy just in time to scoot all the way over to make the exit to the hospital.

The point is, you have no clue what is going on in the vehicle behind you, it could be an emergency. If faster traffic is coming, just move over. It is not your job to police the traffic around you.
View Quote
There is a reason 911 exists, and flying down the highway well over the speed limit is a great way to kill more people.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:18:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Of course it does, this is just a Saturday troll thread at this point...
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
I guess I assumed he wasn't one of the people who aggressively rides inches behind people's bumpers  
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yup, he started back tracking when it became obvious that the majority of posters thinks the description in his initial post described complete douchebag behavior.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The OP reminds me the world is full of assholes.
View Quote
Yup!
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:21:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I guess I assumed he wasn't one of the people who aggressively rides inches behind people's bumpers  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In most cases, assuming makes you an ass.
In this case, it was rather anticlimactic.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#27]
I certainly hope that OP is trolling, otherwise he is a dick.  A little common courtesy all the way around would go a long ways.  

Slowing down to piss off an already impatient driver will eventually result in very bad experience.  I don't give a fuck about you and the tailgator, but I would hate to be the family in the van in the right lane just minding their own business.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:22:23 PM EDT
[#28]
[meh] troll.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Left lane campers don't go 15 over the speed limit and promptly move over for the level-headed drivers behind them that desire to drive at a faster pace. 
View Quote
Bullshit

You are a left lane camper.

Going through Atlanta at 80 is perfectly normal even though the speed limit is 65. I've never even seen the 65 speed limit being enforced. I'll drive at 80 through Atlanta, but I also move over after I pass people. Because there are people that will want to go 80+ and they don't bother anyone but apparently you.

Obviously there are 100 people that thought you were going too slow, so move the hell over.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:22:41 PM EDT
[#30]
OP needs professional help
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#31]
You are why it should be legal to mount a 20mm on the roof of my car.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You are why it should be legal to mount a 20mm on the roof of my car.
View Quote
Mounted backwards to shred bros?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#33]
There are several doctoral dissertations in abnormal psych going begging in here in GD.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:26:46 PM EDT
[#34]
One of these days you're gonna get passed on the right and when they get back over in front of you they're gonna slam on the brakes.

Oops looks like you were following me too close.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
One of these days you're gonna get passed on the right and when they get back over in front of you they're gonna slam on the brakes.

Oops looks like you were following me too close.
View Quote
that's what dash cams are for.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:31:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Don't do it in FL or WA.

If you do, you'll get pulled over for impeding traffic, no matter how fast/slow you are going.

Troll post.
View Quote
I've seen someone get pulled over for that in Michigan as well.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Have fun doing that until you get shot.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Funny, doing something like that has never even occurred to me, I simply move over and let the asshole pass. I'd rather not try to be an asshole myself.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:35:26 PM EDT
[#39]
OP paddles upstream in his douche canoe.

Everyone lives in his world by his decree.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The OP reminds me the world is full of assholes.
View Quote
Yup, OP admits he's been a complete fucking douche 100 times - kuddos, you've achieved "world-class" douche status - your hard work is paying off
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Your a moron with control issues. You must get shit on in other parts of your life to feel you need to moderate traffic. You think your winning but in the end your a loser.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
How does your "brother-in-law" control his vehicle after he goes all Road Warrior and jumps to the other vehicle. How many people has his out of control vehicle killed just so he can knock some teeth out?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You've never done this to someone like my brother in law and I can prove it.

Run your tongue around your mouth and feel your teeth.  Are they all still there? If so, you've never done your little road trick to someone like my brother in law.
How does your "brother-in-law" control his vehicle after he goes all Road Warrior and jumps to the other vehicle. How many people has his out of control vehicle killed just so he can knock some teeth out?
Well he can't give you what you are asking for if you are too chickenshit to stop and pull over when he invites you to, and he will invite you to every time. If you are the type that starts shit and then pussies out and wont get out of the car or stop then I guess you win that one.

My point is, if you keep this shit up you will one day find yourself getting what you don't want.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#43]
you will someday meet a bigger asshole than you...
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:41:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Never know when the next attempt at victory will be your last.  Good luck.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:42:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Lol OP is typical gym bro trapped in a cubicle farm.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Here is to hoping OP gets tail gated by ass cancer.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:44:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Your penis must be really, really small.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:45:02 PM EDT
[#48]
One day I really hope I am on the jury of someone who is charged with following someone who does what the OP describes doing home and beating them to death with a hammer.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:50:41 PM EDT
[#49]
OP is a shit bird
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:50:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Many fucks upon you.
View Quote
Yep dick move. Is it really that big of fucking deal?  If someone wants to go faster than you, move over.   Not many things are done better in Europe, but that is one of them.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top