You say that like it's a bad thing?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Classic passive-aggressive.
You say that like it's a bad thing?
I'll grant you that passive-aggressive types are pretty numerous here.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:22:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I usually go about 5-15 over the speed limit, so I am by no means grandpa poke, but if somebody decides to tailgates me at these speeds, I will ruin their day.  

I don't care if it's the left, center or right lane.

You don't speed up behind me all aggressively trying to make me switch lanes
Because I won't move over for you

You don't flash your lights

You don't intimidate me in any way

I don't care how lifted your truck is
I don't care how fast your sports car is
I don't care how angry of a single mom in an SUV you are

99 drivers have challenged me, all have lost
Today I defeated my 100th opponent.

Show patience and respect and I'll move over
Anything else and you'll be my 101st victory.

Boxing in tailgaters is probably one of my favorite things about driving.

I'm on a 2 lane interstate in the left lane passing a couple minivans. Douchey vehicle comes charging up my ass going 95 and riding my bumper... nothing gets me harder than pulling up directly beside one of those vans, matching their speed, throwing on cruise control, and watching the idiot behind me rage for the next 10 minutes. If he submits, and acknowledges that I am in control by getting off my bumper, I will then give him his lane. Some people learn quickly, others don't. 
View Quote

You're a stupid rude fuck, flashing your lights quickly is saying 'excuse me I want to go faster than you are' you quickly flash your light at me, I put on my blinker and move over as soon as it is safe. I don't pull the tailgating bullshit or brake checking, but in reds like you should not be allowed to drive.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:23:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

God bless you, my son. Dealing with dangerous, speeding, tailgating assholes on the Interstate is a mission that more people need to undertake.   Assholes who don't understand things like reaction time at high speed and how they could kill/maim the people in front of them if there was an emergency up the road that word force the victim to slow down.   People who tailgate should have their balls removed...with a hammer.

...and this post reminds me that probably a very high percentage of the assholes that tailgate and drive at "reckless/borderline deadly speeds" are fucking assholes who post here.  Fuckwads that don't respect other peoples' lives and safety; well, because to do so would force them to drive within the confines of the law and respect the lives and safety of other fucking people.
Because apparently, the 2 minutes that they shave off of their time on the Interstate on their way to get their man-purses or fanny-packs bedazzled is worth more to them than other peoples' lives and property.  When reminded of what douches they are; the best that they can come up with is---"stay out of the fast lane" or "drive faster."  

Hey---dumbfucks out there; there is no such thing as a "FAST LANE."  There is a passing lane (that you're still not allowed to speed/break the law in) to pass extremely slow vehicles on the Interstate.  That doesn't mean just because you occupy the passing lane that you get to drive 15-40 miles over the fucking speed limit and lose control of your vehicle because you're snap-chatting dick pics and trading them with your favorite Brazilian She-Males and fucking run into somebody and kill them.  Your fucking convenience, need to be on time, or impatience in not worth my life and property.  Fucking period.
View Quote
And all you need to do is get out of the way.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pass the person or GTFO of the left lane.

No matter what speed
View Quote
I agree. But to be fair, the OP described a situation where he was passing, but not as fast as some tailgating asshole behind him would like.

So his natural response is to be an even bigger asshole and make a dangerous situation a prolonged dangerous situation.

I would love to see the OP on the autobahn.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:24:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn't read past OP. You suck. You are in the wrong lane.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:24:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.AAFYqQthxyLhttkQOQkcgwEsD0&pid=15.1

Is this you and your truck?

Is your other account name based_stickman, cant come up with something original?
View Quote
Totally brah, like using the computer in mommys basement? thats original...

Sorry for the weakness you carry.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Move over. Don't be a fucking douche.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#8]
OP hates America.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:25:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If someone behind me wants to go fast, I just move over.

I know it's a very difficult and scary concept.
View Quote
Nah man much better idea to get into a passive aggressive dick measuring contest.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:25:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If it was a true emergency, should've called the ambulance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In 2012 I sliced my wrist open on accident causing me to have two surgeries, I was bleeding. A lot. My wife was taking me to the ER, as I was turning white in the passenger seat, on the verge of passing out. She was driving at a pretty good clip when she got stuck behind someone in the left lane who would not move out of the way and did the same thing that you did, tried to box her in with a truck. She ended up passing on the shoulder to get around the guy just in time to scoot all the way over to make the exit to the hospital.

The point is, you have no clue what is going on in the vehicle behind you, it could be an emergency. If faster traffic is coming, just move over. It is not your job to police the traffic around you.
Yeah, because when you are bleeding out it is always a good idea to wait for a vehicle to leave from the hospital and come to you and then take you back the hospital.  

Fuck waiting on an amberlamps, somebody call me a cab...
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#11]
When my wife was in labor and I was speeding to the hospital (30 min away), everyone got over except one asshole that decided he would box me in.  This went on for a few minutes and I passed the asshole on the shoulder when I had adequate view downrange.  I flipped him off as I passed him.  The baby was born about 18 minutes after arriving at the hospital.  Sure, I almost had to deliver a baby on the side of the interstate, but hey, this self righteous douche bag knew I was just an impatient speeder, and he obviously has the authority to control the speed of other traffic, since he knows everything.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I used to drive like a jackass, but I grew out of it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:26:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Your behavior would get you a well earned ticket here in Colorado.  GTFO of the left hand lane.
View Quote
Would it? In what part of Colorado? I drive on the Interstate every day here, and what the OP does, happens a lot. Tons of lane campers here. It's like the average driver is afraid of a lane change.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Total shitbird behavior.
View Quote
Great way to get in a fatal traffic accident.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:26:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Move over. Don't be a fucking douche.
View Quote
Does being a douche to a douche actually count as being a douche?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:26:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I usually always pull over immediately after passing as well. 

If I'm in the passing lane, I'm either going 5 or 15 miles over the speed limit, so if I'm trying to pass a string of vehicles and you come up on my ass at 95 and think riding my bumper is going to make me hurry up and risk my life by cutting someone else off to get out of your way, then I'm sorry. 
View Quote
So apparently you set the limit on what is acceptable speed and what's not?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:27:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Come to Georgia and pull that shit in the left lane in front of an unmarked unit. He will school you on what a smart guy you are!
View Quote
Psssst, says he's in Georgia
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yeah, because when you are bleeding out it is always a good idea to wait for a vehicle to leave from the hospital and come to you and then take you back the hospital.  

View Quote
If I see someone rolling up with their emergency flashers behind me, of course I'm going to move 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:27:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Perfectly executed troll post.

Well done.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Today OP thought he was a badass.

He was wrong.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Still trying to figure out OP's other screen names.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:27:38 PM EDT
[#22]
So the rest of your life kind of sucks?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:27:57 PM EDT
[#23]
CSB

Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:28:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Brilliant! When seconds count help is just minutes away.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:29:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I usually go about 5-15 over the speed limit, so I am by no means grandpa poke, but if somebody decides to tailgates me at these speeds, I will ruin their day.  

I don't care if it's the left, center or right lane.

You don't speed up behind me all aggressively trying to make me switch lanes

You don't flash your lights

You don't intimidate me in any way

I don't care how lifted your truck is
I don't care how fast your sports car is
I don't care how angry of a single mom in an SUV you are

99 drivers have challenged me, all have lost
Today I defeated my 100th opponent.

Show patience and respect and I'll move over
Anything else and you'll be my 101st victory.

Boxing in tailgaters is probably one of my favorite things about driving.

I'm on a 2 lane interstate in the left lane passing a couple minivans. Douchey vehicle comes charging up my ass going 95 and riding my bumper... nothing gets me harder than pulling up directly beside one of those vans, matching their speed, throwing on cruise control, and watching the idiot behind me rage for the next 10 minutes. If he submits, and acknowledges that I am in control by getting off my bumper, I will then give him his lane. Some people learn quickly, others don't. 
View Quote

I know more than a few people that don't give a fuck and will run your ass over, OP. Don't be a dick.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:30:03 PM EDT
[#26]
In this thread, we learn that in the future when the OP starts a thread about being the innocent victim of road rage..... He's not innocent at all.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:31:00 PM EDT
[#27]
I find it disturbing that he keeps count
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:31:05 PM EDT
[#28]
what I do with people like OP is eventually get around them, usually by driving on the shoulder . then get in front of them and slowly decrease my speed to 20 mph on a highway. I can do it for miles. let everyone pass on the right until dipshits like op get the hint.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So apparently you set the limit on what is acceptable speed and what's not?
View Quote
No. 

I don't care what speed you go. But if I'm comfortably passing at +10 or so and there's a string of cars to my right that make it difficult for me to squeeze over, riding my bumper isn't going to change things. 

You're probably confusing me with a typical left lane camper, which I am not. 

If someone going faster comes up behind me as I am passing, I will move over for them when I have an opening. 

If you are on my bumper, and being a complete jackass, it might take me a little bit longer to move over. 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:32:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:32:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The OP reminds me the world is full of assholes.
View Quote
This here, OP is an asshole.  Stay out of my left lane unless you are PASSING a bigger asshole on the right and then get back over in the ladies lane.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:32:59 PM EDT
[#32]
OP is a faggot.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:33:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Brilliant! When seconds count help is just minutes away.
View Quote
if you have a true life-threatening emergency and are not in a major metropolitan area, you might be rolling the dice waiting for an ambulance to show up/find you.

Or maybe the guy behind you is a doctor rushing to an emergency, because hospitals can't afford to keep themselves fully staffed at all hours.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:33:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You know damned well OP would move over for a car with hazards flashing, but you people try to justify your douchebag behavior by adding the "muh emergency!" qualifier to every situation, knowing full well 99.99% of every tailgater in GD and in real life is just being a snowflake who thinks the road belongs to them and them alone.  Fuck patience, fuck common courtesy.  You have some place to be and you gotta be there NOW by God, it doesn't matter how many lives you endanger along the way!  The amount of extremist views to justify positions in this forum is asinine.  

Pretty pathetic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP i really hope the day an emergency happens and your needed that you might get boxed in....
You know damned well OP would move over for a car with hazards flashing, but you people try to justify your douchebag behavior by adding the "muh emergency!" qualifier to every situation, knowing full well 99.99% of every tailgater in GD and in real life is just being a snowflake who thinks the road belongs to them and them alone.  Fuck patience, fuck common courtesy.  You have some place to be and you gotta be there NOW by God, it doesn't matter how many lives you endanger along the way!  The amount of extremist views to justify positions in this forum is asinine.  

Pretty pathetic.
Sounds like by OP's post that he would only take hazards as more of a challenge... I just dont get why its that hard to get that its just so easy to get over to let someone pass, i mean its pretty pathetic
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#36]
This is why we can't have fast rodes.  American drivers can be obstinate idiots.

Lane discipline is important.  First, always move to the farthest right lane that can serve your purpose.  If you're already in the farthest right lane (slowest lane) then it's the person who is coming up behind you that needs to pass on your left.  

If you are on a two-lane road and a person is passing you, as they pass slow down, and let them pass more quickly.  

Second, never pass on the right.  

I personally don't speed anymore.  It's not worth it for me, and my time management is much better than it once was.   But I think it's important to maintain good lane discipline.  ....and most Americans haven't a clue what that is.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:34:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Pretty sure that shit would get OP a ticket here in MO.  They have digital signs all over the interstates warning against camping in the left/passing lane like that.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If I see someone rolling up with their emergency flashers behind me, of course I'm going to move 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what if someone in a panic doesn't think to turn on their emergency flashers?

How about we take this time for you to admit that you don't know what's going on in the car behind you and just get out of the way?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:35:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
No. 

I don't care what speed you go. But if I'm comfortably passing at +10 or so and there's a string of cars to my right that I can't easily pass, riding my bumper isn't going to change things. 

You're probably confusing me with a typical left lane camper, which I am not. 

If someone going faster comes up behind me as I am passing, I will move over when I have an opening. 

If you are on my bumper, and being a complete jackass, it might take me a little bit longer to move over. 
View Quote
If you are slowing down and intentionally impeding traffic- as you stated you do in the OP- then you most certainly are a "left lane camper". You said it, so don't try to pussy out of it now.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Assholes that don't yield to faster traffic should be run off the fucking road, pulled from their cars, raped, beaten, set on fire, raped, and left for dead.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:35:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The OP reminds me the world is full of assholes.
View Quote
Agreed, the world is full of tailgaters.

OP, I'm not saying I would do what you do, but I understand.

I move to the right whenever someone is behind me, but I did post on here about a guy that tailgated me at something like 80-85 mph.  There was maybe a foot between his car and mine.  That is incredibly dangerous, and if he had caused a collision, he would have just said "accidents happen".  No, accidents are caused.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#42]
I drive like you also. 10-15 over the speed limit in the center or left lane. Im usually passing everyone and every now and then some jack wagon comes flying up beside me or behind me. A lot of times they will try to cut me off before I can pass but I just floor it and they have to slam on the brakes and get behind me again.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Douchey vehicle comes charging up my ass going 95 and riding my bumper... nothing gets me harder than pulling up directly beside one of those vans, matching their speed, throwing on cruise control, and watching the idiot behind me rage for the next 10 minutes.
View Quote

I can one-up that.

I live close to the canadian border, so lots of flapperheads like to speed and tailgate. Sometimes I'll do what you described, then get out of the way right before the i5 speed trap highway patrol always sets. Once I get out of the way they'll rage past me at 15-20 over the speed limit then BOOM, caught.

Welcome to America bitch.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:37:04 PM EDT
[#44]
OP is triggering so many people.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:37:05 PM EDT
[#45]
This seems so out of character for a contrarian?

Congrats...I guess.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:37:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Some people have a weird infatuation with this shit. Retarded for sure.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#47]
why so passive-aggressive bro?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:39:09 PM EDT
[#48]
10/10

Bravo OP
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:39:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
why so passive-aggressive bro?
View Quote
as a side effect of my job, I tend to deal with assholes on a regular basis.

People who don't have a degree of control over their lives that they wish they had, people down on the food chain of a complex hierarchy, or people who are generally weak, incompetent, and scared tend to exhibit the most passive aggressive behavior.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Oklahoma passed a law for self important tards like our OP, its illegal to impede traffic in the left lane regardless of speed or hurt widdle feelings.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top