BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:30:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Breyer turns 79 in August. He's no spring chicken either.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would be great if he gets to do skeletor too.
Breyer turns 79 in August. He's no spring chicken either.
He's maintained his health rather well though, according to some folks here who are in those circles...
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:31:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

When we have these posts and I twist my mental Rollodex to come up with a suitable person Condolelezza Rice pops into mind. I suppose without a law degree that would be unlikely . I like and respect her and wish we could get her back into public service.

Whenever my liberal friends start giving me a hard time about my conservative values and try to claim I don't like hilldog or Polozi because I am afraid to vote/support for a woman I toss out Rice and tell them I would support her for any Govt job or public office
View Quote
Now is not the time for moderation nor "reaching across the aisle".  We must strike while the iron is hot and save the Republic as we once knew it.  Pack the court very red for very long.  If Rice isn't part of the swamp she's had a good bit of swamp water splashed on her.  No more half measures, damn the torpedoes full speed ahead for Gorsuch 2.0.

Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:32:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
come on Bader-Ginsburg, you can quit too, better to take retirement than to die in the saddle .............Quit Ruth, you can do it quit.
View Quote
True believer in the angry Lesbian mythos. Things need to be changed. Will die before retire.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:33:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I can haz ar15 in newyork nowz?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:33:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah, no kidding, all the social conservatives causing Hillary to win the last election.....Oh wait
View Quote
Uhm......

Trump is not a social conservative.  He is more along the lines of a fiscal/legal conservative.

He made a point of not getting hemmed up in the abortion debate, saying it was a states rights issue and leaving it at that.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:36:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This is why I voted for trump
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:37:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Can you imagine the There will be a great flood of liberal tears if when Trump replaces him and Ginsberg with 2 young Constitutionalist judges?
View Quote
FIFY.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:37:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wouldn't there have to be a case with some sort of legal standing be submitted to the court for there to even be a chance for Roe to be overturned? What legal standing could one use to bring such a case? 
View Quote
Yes.  However, standing can be flexible in some circumstances.     In the original Roe case, one could argue the case was moot when tried (the process took long enough that she had had the baby by the time it went to court) but they found a way around mootness doctrine.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:38:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I hope this is true!
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Then conservatives shit the bed by fulfilling their fears.    Abortion is to the left what gun control is to the right.  They will dig in and fight it tooth and nail to the bitter end.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Roe v Wade was settled in the early 70's. Kennedy was confirmed in the late 1980's..why the talk about Roe vs Wade with him?
Liberal politicians and activists lie to their base to stir them up with hate, anger and fear. 
Then conservatives shit the bed by fulfilling their fears.    Abortion is to the left what gun control is to the right.  They will dig in and fight it tooth and nail to the bitter end.
Liberals love the term "Reasonable Gun Control" . I wonder what they will think of the term "Reasonable Choice Control".
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:41:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Uhm......

Trump is not a social conservative.  He is more along the lines of a fiscal/legal conservative.

He made a point of not getting hemmed up in the abortion debate, saying it was a states rights issue and leaving it at that.
View Quote
Please, I mean please show me where I said Donald Trump was a social conservative. Certain individuals in this thread have stated social conservatives are the problem with Republicans losing elections. Since we have now lost the house, the Senate, the presidency and we don't control a single state with the trifecta of the governorship, the state's version of the house, and the state's version of the Senate,. Clearly social conservatives are a serious problem.

I am simply agreeing with those members stating such facts.....oh, wait
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:42:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Even if Kennedy was another Scalia, simply getting to replace him with a much younger conservative would be a huge win.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Latin phrase is "stare decisis."  It is a principle of giving deference to prior opinions, but there are numerous examples of the Court overturning prior decisions.  Once a decision is rendered it is not thereafter forever engraved in stone.  See, for example, Plessy v. Ferguson and Brown v. Board of Education.

Kennedy leaving isn't a huge win in my mind.  The vast majority of the time he casts his vote against government restrictions.  Some call him left-leaning because when he applies this to things like gay marriage he says government shouldn't be able to restrict two consenting adults from calling themselves married and, therefore, if the state is going to recognize marriages it has to recognize them all.  But he also was on the pro-gun side in Heller and McDonald, he votes for limiting search and seizure, is dubious of government overreach in things like environmental protection regulations, riled the "liberals" by voting against government restrictions on speech in Citizens United, etc.  

Edit: I can't think this morning.
Even if Kennedy was another Scalia, simply getting to replace him with a much younger conservative would be a huge win.
That is why I want Justice Thomas to retire during Trump's first term.  While he will be missed, we can find a replacement just like him, it's just a matter of looking hard enough for him or her.  Especially if we can find a replacement with youth and stamina to stay on the bench for 20+ years.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:44:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Now is not the time for moderation nor "reaching across the aisle".  We must strike while the iron is hot and save the Republic as we once knew it.  Pack the court very red for very long.  If Rice isn't part of the swamp she's had a good bit of swamp water splashed on her.  No more half measures, damn the torpedoes full speed ahead for Gorsuch 2.0.
View Quote
This.

Elections have consequences, and Trump won. They are already calling Trump a monster and making him suffer in public opinion for it, he might as well behave like one; what's to lose, they might say he's a bad man?.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The Latin phrase is "stare decisis."  It is a principle of giving deference to prior opinions, but there are numerous examples of the Court overturning prior decisions.  Once a decision is rendered it is not thereafter forever engraved in stone.  See, for example, Plessy v. Ferguson and Brown v. Board of Education.

Kennedy leaving isn't a huge win in my mind.  The vast majority of the time he casts his vote against government restrictions.  Some call him left-leaning because when he applies this to things like gay marriage he says government shouldn't be able to restrict two consenting adults from calling themselves married and, therefore, if the state is going to recognize marriages it has to recognize them all.  But he also was on the pro-gun side in Heller and McDonald, he votes for limiting search and seizure, is dubious of government overreach in things like environmental protection regulations, riled the "liberals" by voting against government restrictions on speech in Citizens United, etc.  

Edit: I can't think this morning.
View Quote
The problem with Kennedy is that he doesn't adhere to the Constitution as written. The marriage issue is an example.

It's great he's retiring on Trumps watch. I hope he is replaced by a more conservative ("textualist") jurist, but at least he won't be replaced by a bat s--t crazy leftist.

Ginsburg.... her replacement will make for a huge improvement.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:56:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm not sacrificing my principles, those are my principles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I'm perfectly willing to sacrifice my principles, to the one, and everything I believe in to win elections.
Aren't you?

Oh, just OTHER people should.

Got it.
I'm not sacrificing my principles, those are my principles.
However, in great two faced hypocritical fashion, you expect me to sacrifice my principles. Oh the irony.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:59:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same here, This was why I pulled the lever for the Donald.

This is why I will pull the lever again in 2020.

We are saving the supreme court for a generation.

MAGA

ETA: Roe v Wade is suicide for the right. Leave it alone.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:59:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Wouldn't there have to be a case with some sort of legal standing be submitted to the court for there to even be a chance for Roe to be overturned? What legal standing could one use to bring such a case? 
View Quote
Shhh. Let the hyperbole and fear flow.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:03:36 AM EDT
[#19]
please please please
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:08:27 AM EDT
[#20]
WoPo comments...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:09:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Maybe this time he'll pick someone who isn't ambivalent to the 2nd amendment.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:17:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

There is a Latin term which I can't remember but it basically means let the decision stand and it's a principle that the SCOTUS works under.

Essentially it is intended to make sure that future SCOTUS sessions don't reverse standing decisions.  The only way that Row v Wade could be imapacted--see that I didn't say reversed--would be for new cases to come along that chip away at the edges.

But as I understand it, abortion will always be legal due to Roe v Wade.  There will never be a time when abortions will be illegal in America again.

That's how I remember constitutional law from college because we discussed this very case.
View Quote
 Stare decisis.   "To stand by things decided"
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:23:52 AM EDT
[#23]
I got an erection when I read this thread title.

Is that weird?  

MAGA
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:28:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Ginsberg will cling to power until death takes her if Kennedy retires.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:31:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#26]
This is why I voted for el trumpo. The Supreme Court picks. Can you imagine if killary had one? The country would be dead in a generation. Hell there'd probably be a couple of justices "commit suicide" so she could've made some appointments.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
If he wanted the job I would love to see Trey Gowdy on the SC.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:37:36 AM EDT
[#28]
1.  Liberals will go nuts to a whole new level because of this.

2.  Is Peruta still hanging out there?  If Peruta was heard by the SCOTUS and Trump gets to appoint a new justice in time to hear it, that could be HUGE.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Maybe we will get lucky and it will cause her to stroke out. I don't wish that on anyone; but the pressure could just be to much for her.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:39:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
As long as it happens in the next two years, that works for me.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Maybe this time he'll pick someone who isn't ambivalent to the 2nd amendment.
View Quote
Explain please
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:46:23 AM EDT
[#32]
And the winning  just continues to continue ! ! !

Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:49:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I hope we stack the court, but it better not touch abortion shit.

I'd like to win another election in the next 50 years, but dumbfuck Social Conservatives, who define themselves solely on such social matters because economics and voting trends are hard, love to ruin everything.
View Quote
so we kill another 60 million baby's to be able to win elections?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:53:52 AM EDT
[#34]
lol they're not reversing Roe vs Wade.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

To get the base all riled up over "keep your laws off my body!" and "my body, my choice!"

The liberal obsession with the right to commit infanticide is truly sick.
View Quote
The GOP has a habit of fratricide, they have perfected it. That is why after 2008, I vowed never to send $ to the GOP proper again.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

To get the base all riled up over "keep your laws off my body!" and "my body, my choice!"

View Quote
If it keeps them from breeding children with their world views I don't care.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:03:56 AM EDT
[#37]
We need to let go of the abortion thing.

It isn't changing.  It hurts the rest of our cause.

We lost one.  Get over it.  Move on.  Focus on the future battles.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And many of these would be paid for by the taxpayer from cradle to grave.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:08:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake. It's a mistake from an accountability-to-deity perspective if people choose to believe that as well.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#40]
It always about abortion with these people, amazing how much they love killing babies.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:12:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Uhm......

View Quote
Trump won because he was a nationalist conservative. He tapped into people's frustration with the fact that both parties have more or less operated under the assumption that white people have a lot to answer for, and we'd better get used to giving minorities lots of entitlements. No Republican in a very, very long time had confronted these lies head on. That's why Trump won, not because of incredibly unexciting things like balancing the budget.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:13:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Too bad Robert Bork is dead
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:16:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
In on 1

When will Weekend at Bader kick it?
View Quote
Ruth Baader-Meinhof
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:17:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake. It's a mistake from an accountability-to-deity perspective if people choose to believe that as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The statistics on abortion dont support that. Thete is no demographic to it. Religious, non-religious, rich, poor, white or black, all equally likely to have an abortion.

I would say the under reported group would be affluent white suburban women who have the most to lose professionaly and socially by admitting to having an abortion.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Agree, but that won't stop liberals and the media from crying that this event means that abortion will be banned. 

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to hear some on the right call for a conservative, pro-abortion pick as Kennedy's replacement. 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:19:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Sure go after Roe V Wade and lose half the women's vote and hand it all back to the Dems before we can even make a dent in reversing what they have done to this nation.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:22:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
It's gonna be fun.

2.  Is Peruta still hanging out there?  If Peruta was heard by the SCOTUS and Trump gets to appoint a new justice in time to hear it, that could be HUGE.
We should hear next week whether the SCOTUS will rule on Peruta. If they decide to take the case and Kennedy retires, Trump's replacement for him will likely be confirmed in time to hear the case.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Load the court with sensible conservatives that care about the constitution.  This is no time to cater to Liberal Progressive Democrats.  They are the enemy.  Never forget that. 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:34:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Hoping to see Pryor, Sykes, or Hardiman on deck.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:46:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
I wish they would, as well as the gay marriage ruling (Obergefell), not because I'm necessarily against those things, but because I honestly believe it could lead to California and some other liberal states seceding and taking their guaranteed Democrat electoral votes with them.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top