User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:22:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What kind of diet should I partake in for the best base excrement for the Kiln?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Make sure you use an excavator you machine yourself out of bar stock you forged yourself using a kiln you built out of your own feces and clay 

To be sure
Only the finest ingredients make the consistency right. Might I suggest pickled eggs and malt liquor.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:24:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Make sure you use an excavator you machine yourself out of bar stock you forged yourself using a kiln you built out of your own feces and clay 

To be sure
Paleo.  No doubt - paleo.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Why are the tops covered in rust, but the sides aren't?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Never trust a mil ammo can to be water/air tight. 4 different cans from 4 different places all let humidity in like a mofo on a bunch of steel cased ammo I had sitting in the garage over the summer, HIGHLY doubt it would have fared better at the bottom of a fucking pond.

Quoted:
View Quote
If I had to guess, the tops and bottoms are going to have more scratches than the sides in the paint which is mildly protective against corrosion.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:37:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why did he assemble his gun wrong and then call it total crap 87 times?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:42:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Retard.

Put one 50 round box in the cans not full of ammo for the test

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:44:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:45:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Won't sink unless something else weighty/dense is added.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Retard.

Dude who made the video seems weighty and dense 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:48:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Retard.

Rocks or something other than ammo.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:49:30 PM EDT
[#10]
What did he expect?

Doesn't he know that us grossly overpaid, stupid, and lazy government employees spend lots of time and tax payer money testing this stuff before we bless it for use within DoD?

Salt fog, hi and low temperature, shake test, drop testing, immersion testing, pressure testing, etc.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:51:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Military grade stuff is military grade.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm a simple man so just to clarify for my own sake, if there is a gap of an inch or so in the rubber seal, it will leak? Do I have that correct? 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Somewhat off topic... But, I knew this nut (believed in contrails, gov't conspiracies, everything is the Jew's fault) through a friend. This guy buried AK's all up and down this river in the woods... The wack job forgot where he buried them lol.

Point is, there are some bored/stupid people in this World.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:58:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I dont know why but I just dont believe it

my main reason would be
who the hell does a test full of ammo
a 50 round pack of .22lr and some rocks would have been sufficient

the little bit of experience I have with ammo cans and water had 3 out of the 4 slightly leaking after short term submersion
I cant even imagine long term like a year

lets not even get into the quality of some ammo cans... some are good... some I would say absolutely no way would they seal
I have one 50 cal can I bought back in the late 80's    no idea where it can from but the steel is twice as thick and the gasket on it is massive
no idea what it is but its the nicest ammo can I have ever seen
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#16]
He could have done the same thing with some bricks and not waste ammo.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:06:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Can't, thats why I axed.  
View Quote
Guy put four ammo boxes filled with ammo at the bottom of a pond for a year.  Two boxes were plastic and two were metal.  Both plastic boxes leaked and ruined all the .22 ammo inside.  Both metal boxes were fine.  He showed the plastic boxes had some gaps in the seal.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:09:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Somewhat off topic... But, I knew this nut (believed in contrails, gov't conspiracies, everything is the Jew's fault) through a friend. This guy buried AK's all up and down this river in the woods... The wack job forgot where he buried them lol.

Point is, there are some bored/stupid people in this World.
View Quote
Maybe you should be looking at metal detectors.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#19]
.22 neckbeard rage is strong in this thread.

At least nothing of value was lost in that plastic Plano box
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:37:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah metal ammo cans are great to store/hide ammo it looks like. I'd probably just dig a deep hole and burry it though. Maybe make a pirate treasure map... Heh. But yeah I guess if the government starts confiscating guns and ammo it might come in handy to have hidden stashes of guns and ammo. Of course you might come off as a crazy survivalist uncle who lives in the woods or something, ha 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wrap a cement brick in paper.   Put in can.   Submerge can.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#22]
If only there were some sort of waterproof plastic bag device that you could place your ammo in before submerging it in water, maybe with a vacuum seal.
My car keeps the rain out but I still wouldn't submerge it in a pond for a year.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:58:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I used a .50cal can full of gravel as an anchor for my canoe. For the short periods of time it was submerged, no water got inside.
View Quote
Why not just fill the can with lake water to use as an anchor? Save you carrying around gravel. Dump the water out and carry the empty can or gear in it when you leave.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm a bachalor and I have ammo cans in various places in my living room. It took me a while to figure out where and what would cause the banging noises in my living room at night. Then I figured it out, it was the cool evening air cooling the warm air inside the closed ammo cans making them contract and pop when they reached the right temperature. I also closed one can when in the high up of the Rocky mountains, back in College station a couple of years later I had all I could do to pull that sucker open when I went to get some ammo. They are seriously air tight.

All my ammo cans are from the early 80's when I got them I'm not sure how old they really are though.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Never trust a mil ammo can to be water/air tight. 4 different cans from 4 different places all let humidity in like a mofo on a bunch of steel cased ammo I had sitting in the garage over the summer, HIGHLY doubt it would have fared better at the bottom of a fucking pond.

If I had to guess, the tops and bottoms are going to have more scratches than the sides in the paint which is mildly protective against corrosion.
View Quote
At 2:02, the label on the smaller metal can is still readable, one corner peeling slightly, and there's only rust on the tops handles and corners. I'm calling bullshit on it being submerged for a year. Left outside in the rain, maybe.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That guy must be an idiot and that video and his "test" suck.

1.  Why weren't the seals inspected before the test?

If the seal has a seam, it is guaranteed to leak.  Why even wait a year, an hour would tell the tale.

2.  Why use good ammo when all that was need was a brick and some paper?
View Quote
Pretty much my thoughts when watching the video.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:12:52 PM EDT
[#28]
One look at the open gaps in the gaskets in of the plastic cans would have told him they'd fill with water immediately; no need to wait for any results.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:22:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
There was thread posted on here someone bought some property and it had an old fallout shelter on it.

Apparently over the years it flooded. New owners drained the water out and items stored in old GI ammo cans were still like new.
View Quote
In some cases, the cans mean nothing.

I once scored a bunch of M2 Ball on Garand clips because it had been stored poorly.

"Poorly" meaning you could almost push your finger through the can, and when you tried to pull the bandolier out, it'd spill the clips.

The guy who'd bought this stiff tried the rusty clips in his Garands. All super-nice DCM, "low time" etc.  Much cussing and clearing ensued.

My mismatched Blue Sky would eat it like candy though. Rusty clip and all, as  JCG intended.  I ended up shooting up most of the pallet through my mixmaster Garand at RC airplanes in AZ.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
One look at the open gaps in the gaskets in of the plastic cans would have told him they'd fill with water immediately; no need to wait for any results.
View Quote
The seal failed there was no gap in it to begin with
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top