User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:54:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wow, where do I get one of those?

Mine hasn't had any interest in sex in years. I finally got tired of begging and just gave up.

Forgot to mention: We were discussing the other night how she hasn't even worked enough in her entire life to draw social security, but she likes to look at realtor's house for sale books, circle pictures of her dream houses, and then tell me all about how we can't afford to buy anything more than a Maytag dryer shipping box.

If this thread makes into page 2, I think I'll get out the yellow pages and start looking up divorce attorneys.
View Quote
As in has no personal sex drive but willing to give it up to keep you happy?  Or as in never having sex at all?

Sex is the relationship barometer, that to me would signal a dead marriage and I'd eject.

Sorry man.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:55:06 AM EDT
[#2]
My stay at home wife watches our two children (ages 3 and 4 1/2) and nannies her friends kids (ages 3 and 5) all while keeping everything clean,  grocery shopping done,  meals made.  She takes care of the house while I'm at work.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:57:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Home schooler here.  She has a masters in special education so is well qualified to teach our kids.  Cleaning is usually done during the week with major cleaning done on the weekend.  Dinner is usually by the time I get home.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:57:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Dang, I'd pissed.

My wife is basically a super wife/super mom so I'm not going to hurt feels by posting her full daily schedule.  It kind of makes me look like a bum but I work 10 hours a day.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:57:56 AM EDT
[#5]
My wife subs during the school year. During the summer she keeps the kids from killing each other.  I am Active Mil. so she steps up on traditional guy projects when I am TDY.  I picked a good one.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:58:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't see how some of you do it.  I could never be married to a woman whose greatest talent/ambition in life is cleaning and dishes....what a waste.
View Quote
As you are about to learn, there are not only men here who can do it, there are those who are profoundly resentful that some women seek to rise above their proper station in life.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:59:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry OP.  My wife is a rock star.   She sleeps late if the youngest let's her or I get home on time.  But the wife cooks everything, teo separate dinners every day due to my AIP diet, laundry, cleans, does house projects, teaches the kids,.   It's actually crazy how much she does.  

She legitimately framed a bedroom and ran electrical in the basement while I was away at training for me.   I've been talking about doing it for years but put it off because it was for me.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:00:24 AM EDT
[#8]

J/k.   Wife and I work together.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:02:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll fuel this 50% wife love / 50% wife hate thread.

I expect my wife to enjoy the freedom that comes with not having a job outside the home.  If she's tcb at home, I'm happy to hear that she caught a nap or went to the pool with the kids.  I know this might be a foreign concept, but she's human and deserves happiness and rec time as well.

Now I know one guy whose wife stays at home and her entire life is recreating with friends.  She does no housework and treats him like crap.  He cooks, he cleans, etc.  If they're at a party she's sitting on her butt ordering him to change the baby or get her this or get her that.  I think I would have skipped right past divorce and went straight to murder.  She's a giant cow also, so it's not like she's using her free time to keep in shape.  I just shake my head and mind my own business.....I know that he doesn't have the fortitude to leave and my pointing it out just makes him more miserable.  So I try to find some bright side.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:03:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wow, where do I get one of those?

Mine hasn't had any interest in sex in years. I finally got tired of begging and just gave up.

Forgot to mention: We were discussing the other night how she hasn't even worked enough in her entire life to draw social security, but she likes to look at realtor's house for sale books, circle pictures of her dream houses, and then tell me all about how we can't afford to buy anything more than a Maytag dryer shipping box.

If this thread makes into page 2, I think I'll get out the yellow pages and start looking up divorce attorneys.
View Quote
Hah!

I have the same conversation with mine; Just get A job and work long enough to draw social security. Right now, she gets NADA.

She somehow believes that her 74 yo father is going to keep sending he money for the rest of her life, just like he always does.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:03:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Is this GD? My Sandwhich maker sits at home reading trashy novels all day sending me nude pictures ask for the D when I get home. (fantasy land for sure)
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:09:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:11:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
mine
cooked, always had a nice homemade meals

cleaned, house was always clean and orderly

did laundry, all my clothes were always hanging in the closet and stowed away orderly in dresser

she took care of finances, I didn't need to worry about money for bills etc, she knew what we could afford and what we couldn't and we lived well within our means

most importantly she took care of our 3 kids, our kids never got into trouble, no drugs, no teenage pregnancies and they turned out to be self supporting responsible adults.

She worked at first when we first got married, it became obvious that it made more sense to take care of our kids rather than farm out to strangers. the extra money to buy crap that we could do with out is less important than our family.

we went without new cars, without the latest gadgets but it was well worth it.

Don't sell stay at home wives short, mine was the heart and soul of our home/family
View Quote
Basically the same for me.  I go to work, fix things that break, and kill spiders.  I could not ask for a better woman.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:13:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I am self-employed and run the business out of an office in my garage. She does help with the business, about 8 hours of time per year and that's only after I ask several times for help doing stuff like filing paperwork, reconciling the bank and credit card statements

Yep there's always time for the gym, girls night, games on her tablet.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Takes care of our son he has sports practice and all kinds of other stuff going on and takes care of our 3 GSDs.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:15:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Cleans, cooks, works out, runs errands, takes care of anything I can't due to being at work
View Quote
Yep. Working out well so far. I cook a few times a week.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:17:25 AM EDT
[#17]
She does all of the cooking and cleans up the kitchen.

She makes me breakfast before I go to work, and has dinner ready when I get home.

Clothes are always clean and ironed.

She also shags like a minx.

She more than earns her keep, if strict economic calculations were to be made.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:17:42 AM EDT
[#18]
DAMN after reading this thread I'm doing something great for my wife today....I have it freaking great. Man no more bitching about what looks like trivial stuff now from me. Thanks to the OP I was feeling a little pissed with my wife over some stuff, but after reading the comments in here, I have it made and am no longer mad. I've been married 25yrs and might have lost site of some things.

Again thanks this was very eye opening.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:20:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don't see how some of you do it.  I could never be married to a woman whose greatest talent/ambition in life is cleaning and dishes....what a waste.
View Quote
My wife would definitely have some words for you in response, and her account on here would be short lived.

Imagine being married to a man who equates talent and ambition with a given job? Now that would be a waste of potentially quality life.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:22:30 AM EDT
[#20]
We decided that she would stay home once we had kids. So she quit her corporate job and that's what she did, the first couple of weeks were very difficult because she felt like she wasn't accomplishing anything but later realized there's a lot to running the household.

Basically transporting our son around to school and after school activities, music lessons, etc. helping with homework,  the standard grocery, cleaning, laundry, cooking, etc. scheduling and arranging home repair and maintenance activities, going to the gym, taking care of the animals, planning and arranging vacation and travel details, Being prepared for sex at a moments notice,etc. Everything is on a schedule every weekday.

Once our son is driving she'll go back to work but she wants to be in healthcare so she's back in school to get her degree in that field. She has more energy than I do at this point.

I go to the office and earn the money, we both play our part in the marriage.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:22:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Her day usually starts when kids wake up, around 6:30.  She keeps the kids alive, cooks, cleans, puts up with my crap.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:25:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Cleans, cooks, works out, runs errands, takes care of anything I can't due to being at work
View Quote
All of this and volunteers at the school where our daughter goes to school
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:26:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
oh, I don't know..................

Attachment Attached File

whatever works
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:27:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
As you are about to learn, there are not only men here who can do it, there are those who are profoundly resentful that some women seek to rise above their proper station in life.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll put my wife's edcuation and talent up against anyone on this site. That she prefers to put up with me may be a fault, but it's our life. It's hilarious how people can be so demeaning and rude all the while suggesting others are.

She's actually told off and left "ladies groups" for treating her as a second class member for not having her own career.

She has a law degree she has no desire to ever use again, has lived in 7 countries, visited countless more, and is constantly offered money for the "quaint" things she makes, craft wise. But, the fact that she doesn't feel empty of she's not out constantly seeking to make an extra buck really, really bothers some people, as if the only fulfillment in life can come from a making money.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:33:08 AM EDT
[#25]
What does your wife accomplish during the day while you are at work? Homeschools our girls and basically runs the household.

What time does she get up? Usually 7:30 or 8:00, she has a medical condition in which she needs a little more sleep than most, but she more than makes up for it with her work ethic.

Who does the cooking cleaning Etc? She does, my only required inside job is the down stairs floors because she has a back issue which is aggravated by mopping.  I take care of the outside.

Her staying at home was the best decision we ever made.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:35:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

My wife stayed at home for 25 of our 28 years together.  As near as I can tell, she changed into her Wonder Woman costume as soon as I left the house.  I've never found where she keeps it.

Our home was immaculate, except for my gunsmithing bench which I asked her not to touch.  Our meals were hot, delicious, and varied.  Clothes magically cleaned and folded mere moments after being deposited somewhere in the same zip code of the dirty clothes bin.  Fridge always fully stocked.

Somewhere in there, she managed to squeeze in homeschooling our two children.  Our oldest just graduated college with a dual major of Organic Chemistry and Pharm. Chemistry, so she must have been a pretty good teacher.

Since retiring, I've taken over a lot of the cooking, and a little bit of the housework.  I got a good one!
View Quote
Our wives were cut from the same cloth.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
And as clueless as that mindset is, you'll never likely find a woman who makes home, home. Who glues the family together. Makes holidays, vacations, outings happen.

If you think a homemaker is only good for cleaning and dishes, I feel sorry for you.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:38:39 AM EDT
[#28]
We have three young children so it's a different situation.

I get up around 4:45 or 6 depending on the day. She is usally up by 5:30.

She works out and then normally works on her own little house projects till the kids get up around 7. Then gets them ready for school.

Comes home cleans takes care of the kids and such.

She works really hard but even when i get home from work I have to help out around the house. She cooks and cleans up dinner and i get the kids ready for bed.

We're a team and don't consider either of us off work till all the kids are asleep. I got real lucky i would assume when all the kids are in school full time she will find some part time job.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Not married, but live with the GF.

She cooks, cleans, does the laundry, etc. House is always clean, dishes are always done, food cooked etc.

We run a home based business together so she also works on that.

She won't even let me help with the house stuff. Says it's her job.
View Quote
That might be a good example of an Asian woman vs a western woman. Or maybe it's just my experience. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:40:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'll put my wife's edcuation and talent up against anyone on this site. That she prefers to put up with me may be a fault, but it's our life. It's hilarious how people can be so demeaning and rude all the while suggesting others are.

She's actually told off and left "ladies groups" for treating her as a second class member for not having her own career.

She has a law degree she has no desire to ever use again, has lived in 7 countries, visited countless more, and is constantly offered money for the "quaint" things she makes, craft wise. But, the fact that she doesn't feel empty of she's not out constantly seeking to make an extra buck really, really bothers some people, as if the only fulfillment in life can come from a making money.
View Quote
If it weren't for the law degree thing, I'd swear we were married to the same woman.

Mine is an engineer.  Valedictorian in high school, graduated second in her class in the school of engineering.  As a woman engineer, with those abilities, she could have gone anywhere and commanded any salary she wanted...but there are more important things in life than making money and achieving temporary accolades in your job.  I admire her for this, she sacrificed so that our boys would have the most rich and nurturing environment in which to grow up.  It hasn't always been easy for her, nor is it the perfect fit for her type A personality, but if you asked her, she wouldn't have it any other way.

As to the poster that asked how anyone could marry a woman that was content being a housewife, I'd ask how anyone could marry a woman that was content outsourcing the care and rearing of his children to someone else.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:42:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/60489/van-heusen-1960s-237017.JPG

whatever works
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/60489/van-heusen-1960s-237017.JPG

whatever works
If any company came out with an ad like that it would be the man on the ground curled up in the fetal position.  Wow what a difference 40 years makes. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:44:42 AM EDT
[#32]
I don't know how more stay-at-home wives don't evolve into self-entitled, lazy, fat, pussy mongers. Have you seen daytime TV lately? "Poor me", "I shouldn't have to...", ''he oppresses me and stifles me", "maybe I'm a lesbian", and on and on. Pure commie anti-family propaganda...and it works! 

Those of you who have wives that stay too busy to turn into fat, lazy, neurotic slugs are truly blessed. You have a one-in-a-million wife. 

The rest of you...well...you have to make do. Having kids severely limits your recourse.

If you don't have kids, I've found that "You're fired! Hit the fuckin bricks" works well - just do it over the phone so she can't say you 'domestic violenced' her. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#33]
This gun be good

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:45:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Step back and look at how your comment sits among all the posts by men showing nothing but great adoration and appreciation for their wives.

I feel sorry for the few who married so poorly but I expect you get out what you put in, mostly.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:45:55 AM EDT
[#35]
My wife stays at home with our two boys (1.7 years old and .5 years old). I have a government job so 8-5 M-F.
She meal preps one night on the weekend so there are pre-packaged banana-kale smoothies in the freezer for breakfast, and a tupperware with a meat and two veg to take to work for lunch.
She usually gets up when our .5 year old gets up to pump and feed him which is around 7 am - 7:30 am.
After that she tries to get him to go back down until older bro gets up which is around 9 or 9:30 so that they will be able to go down again at the same time.
In between feeding and taking care of the boys, she might have time to do some laundry in the morning and straighten up the kitchen. After lunch she has to juggle getting dinner started and watching the two mobile maniacs.
When I finally get home, I try to play with them while she finishes getting dinner ready.
We all eat and then maybe play for an hour if it's not too hot outside. Then the boys get bathed, bottled and put down for the night at around 8 or 9 pm.
Her day is pure chaos and I am honestly amazed that she has time to just make dinner everyday (minus one date night per week where I pick up take out on my way home). I try to help out with laundry and dishes, but she usually tells me not to worry about it as long as I get up with our youngest at night when he cries (teething). He usually starts up around 4:30 and I get up around 5 so she's getting the rotten end of the deal I feel like. She's amazing. I'd be a world of hurt without her.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:45:58 AM EDT
[#36]
My wife and I married in our late 30's.  She busted her ass in a career and saved every penny.   That money she saved allowed us to buy a nice house and her 401K nest egg will allow us to retire early.   When we got married she essentially retired.   She takes care of me and I take care of her.    Makes me proud that she does not have to work and I can support her.   
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:46:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Another CUCK thread.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:48:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:48:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What does your wife accomplish during the day while you are at work? What time does she get up? Who does the cooking cleaning Etc?

ETA: when we had our first kid the agreement was my wife would stay at home until all of the kids were in school full time. Now they are.

After several discussions shall we say she finally got a part-time job at a local school as a lunch mom. 2.75 hrs per day when school is in.  

We go to bed at the same time, I get up between 4 and 5, she gets up around 7 when school is in.  When school is not in session she gets up in time to make a 9 a.m. class at the gym a couple of times a week.  She also walks at the gym a couple of times a week

Maybe I expect too much but I think she has plenty of time to stay on top of the shopping cooking cleaning laundry cutting grass.  She does most of the cooking, I help with the housework, yard work and laundry.

Yet she seems to always have plenty of time to play games on her phone and tablet.  

I feel she should be up and moving by 7 a.m. at the latest every day with the house being a priority
View Quote

My wife home schools, cooks, cleans, and takes care of the kids, laundry, and shopping.  She is up by 6 AM and works hard.  Your wife is lazy and will be grow bored and unhappy in your present situation.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:56:10 AM EDT
[#41]
My wife is 3 weeks in to being a stay at home mom.

We've been married 9 years at the end of this month and have both worked our butts off to get to this point. Between saving responsibly and not going into debt and my raise this year we were finally able to make it work.

So she stays home with our 3 kids aged 8, 7, and almost 2. She's already lined a up gig watching her brothers 3 kids during this summer for some extra cash.

Even before staying home the house was clean and even the yard was kept up although I handled most of the cooking. The only difference now is that I cook primarily on the weekends instead.

I suspect once all 3 kids are going to school full time in a few years she'll end up picking up a part time day job at a grocery store or bank, not because we need the money but because she wants to contribute.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:01:05 AM EDT
[#42]
I feel for some of you guys.

We don't have kids. But I'm convinced my wife's job was killing her. She'd probably be - at a minimum - disabled due to a heart problem if she'd stayed at her job. I told her about 3 years ago to quit her job. Best decision I could have made.

The house is clean, I am very well fed, she does most of the shopping, and we're considering opening a home-based food business.

And we're both pretty doggone happy.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:03:25 AM EDT
[#43]
My wife is the one who goes to work everyday while I stay home.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:07:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Wake up around 830 or 9 o'clock, make some proteinmilk shakes for breakfast.

Around 10 o'clock go to Starbucks to flirt with other men, pretend to study or read a book.

Around noon come back home, spend some time on Pinterest and flirting with her ex-boyfriend over Facebook. Buy about $1000 of shit off of Amazon for her or her white trash family, because she deserves it.

1:30, get her hair done for $300, tip the stylist $120 because it's only money.

4:00, go hang out with her girlfriends and tell them what a horrible and tortured life she lives.

5:30, go to the gym, flirt with men.

6:30, come home, sprawl out on the couch, and tell me how she has a headache and feels nauseated, and can't cook or clean or fuck today.

8:00, miraculously recover from her headache to go to the movies with her friends.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#45]
She does all the cooking, almost all of the cleaning, and she looks after the kids. The kids are a handful, since they're only 4 and 6, so there's times that the cleaning suffers (sometimes the cooking too).

I do laundry, vacuum, bathe the kids and get them ready for bed. I also do the handyman work around the house.

A word of advice, OP: being a housewife is a maintenance job - you can work all day just to keep everything in its place. There's little in the way of accomplishment like in an office job where you have a finished product at the end of the day.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

She keeps the kids from burning the house down while I'm gone.  She also does most of the cooking.
View Quote

This and laundry, meal planning.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Lots of enablers here.  

My wife didn't work for almost a year.  She ate milk and cereal every morning and put on 20 pounds.  She definitely got hooked on soap operas.   I couldn't get her to take classes, go to the gym, exercise in any way, or clean house.  I did all the cooking.  Then she wanted a new truck.  I asked her how she intended to pay for it.  Hell, I didn't even have a truck or car, just a motorcycle.  She had a decent and paid for car.  

She went back to work to buy a truck and is still working over ten years later, back to normal weight. 

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:19:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
I find it very curious that Fenminism has been built on such a deeply sexist trope.

The assumption that work outside the home is automatically superior to home-making.  I acknowledge the individual income does buy some "freedom" but  Let us not forget that women abandoning home-making means men have had to learn, the "freedom" cuts both ways.  My grandfather never (no joke, never) did a load of laundry, if my wife left tomorrow the house would be maintained.

It seems they're determined to deny the opportunity cost and to boldly and fundamentally assume the traditional male role as the better? No wonder that movement is so fractious now. 

Note on bias:  my wife is awesome, and she works from home part time doing what she wants and takes care of our little one, along with about 1000 other things
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:20:26 AM EDT
[#49]
When our kids were born and before they started school, my wife stayed home.  She took care of the kids, but I still cooked and shopped and did the yard and stuff like that.  Once the kids got in school, she went back to work and is now making nearly double what I make, so I am happy and knew to never complain.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:21:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand.  Since I offered no opinion on the arrangements other married couples chose to make, perhaps your comments would be more appropriately directed to someone who has.

By the way, as people like water, tend to seek their own level, I would anticipate your wife would be quite competent in whatever direction her life took.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top