User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:11:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You are not a happy person, are you?

Those of us who have actual experience with juries will tell you that the vast majority of the time they get it right. They aren't going to do what you or whichever other ignorant snowflake wants, but they do tend to get it right. A murderer walking free because the State failed to prove its case is absolutely justice.

Anything else is dictatorship.

I have always found it interesting how people like you who rail against perceived injustice committed by government are so quick to support what is the definition of tyranny.
View Quote
Your concern warms my heart.

Which form of tyranny am I supporting, just out of curiosity?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:11:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The author is an idiot then.

He was pulled over for matching the description of an armed robbery suspect and the taillight was used as PC to make the stop and investigate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Y'all need to learn how to disagree without calling names (I know, I know....this is GD).

The author stated an opinion that was, in essence, minor traffic violation stops while occasionally productive are more often than not more trouble than they are worth to the routine patrol cop who will have to contend with an increasingly high wave of negative public opinion, among other problems, should something go wrong during the stop. 

That's a fair point, based in part his policing experience.  I didn't read him as saying to never make a pretext stop, but rather to think hard about whether it was worth it under the circumstances. 

He was pulled over for matching the description of an armed robbery suspect and the taillight was used as PC to make the stop and investigate.
The bank robbery was 4 days prior. Also wasn't it reported immediately after the shooting that Yanez had pulled him over before for traffic stops and knew him?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:11:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah, too bad. Too bad they never convicted OJ Simpson for homicide either.
Ah, the sacred American jury.......IDGAF. When something is wrong it's wrong and no amount of mental gymnastics on your part will change that.

Castile said he wasn't reaching for his gun but still got shot, unacceptable.

At least St. Anthony realized they made a mistake in hiring this yellow-bellied sap sucker. Would be a shame if another department made the same mistake.

I hope there's a civil suit in the works. Nothing makes an example out of someone quite like financial ruin.
View Quote
Once again he was found not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, our judicial system does not establish innocence. It establishes if a jury of your peers believe that there is no reasonable doubt that you are guilty. The burden must always be on the law/state to be perfect to protect citizens from being unlawfully put in prison.

Back to OJ, once there was any evidence of tampering by the law/state it should automatically provide a bit of reasonable doubt regarding someones quilt or innocence.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

More hours. Which profession is more complicated and which has more potentially life threatening consequences? Barber or Cop?

I think most officers who are honest about things will tell you that their level of training is not what it should be. There are MANY SKILLS they need to master. High speed driving. Firearms use. Non Lethal Use. Hands on skills/officer survival. Medical skills (self aid if nothing else). De Escalation techniques. The law, to include proper report writing and testifying. Accident reconstruction and many, many other skills....In my town, this is taught in a 6 month academy. I can't think of too many "professional career fields", and law enforcement IS a profession, with a 6 month education session. A dental Hygienist trains for TWO YEARS. Most Plumbers study longer than that. A pharmacy technician is twice that long.  

Can you admit that some people are simply not cut out for certain lines of work or do you think EVERYONE can be a street cop? Surely not. The standards for officer hiring are getting looser all the time. In my own town they will now take people who have used cocaine as long as they fess up to it..... That was a FLAT disqualification less than 5 years ago. When you were growing up did you see billboards all over the place saying "Shitville PD, Now Hiring"? That is now NORMAL because they cannot find enough people to fill the ranks in many jurisdictions. Some people are in fact "excitable" and shouldn't be in high stress occupations. They are a danger to citizens, their fellow officers and themselves.
View Quote
You don't think veteran cops learn these skills by being on the job everyday? Do you think these skills can only be taught in a classroom setting? After a 6 month academy, in your town like any other, the recruit goes through a field training program then serves a probationary period. These dental hygienists and plumbers you reference learn a lot as apprentices learning OTJ.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:13:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah, I think he's wrong on that one too.

Some major crimes and serious felonies get found on traffic stops.
View Quote
A relative who was a State Trooper found a kidnapping/familial rape/FTA warrant on a homeless guy walking down the interstate during a blizzard. Caught another guy who was an enforcer for a rural drug gang (wanted for questioning in a double murder) for passing on the right on a two lane highway.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:14:06 PM EDT
[#7]
There are more than enough video's of L.E. Officer's taking a "simple traffic stop" lightly, and either getting injured, or killed. When the man says "don't reach for it", your ass better freeze, or you get turned into a spaghetti strainer.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah, too bad. Too bad they never convicted OJ Simpson for homicide either.
Ah, the sacred American jury.......IDGAF. When something is wrong it's wrong and no amount of mental gymnastics on your part will change that.

At least St. Anthony realized they made a mistake in hiring this yellow-bellied sap sucker. Would be a shame if another department made the same mistake.

I hope there's a civil suit in the works. Nothing makes an example out of someone quite like financial ruin.
View Quote
"yellow bellied sap sucker." My, aren't you triggered.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:19:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
"yellow bellied sap sucker." My, aren't you triggered.
View Quote
I was thinking the last person who wrote that in a serious fashion was Sam Shepard.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:19:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Once again he was found not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, our judicial system does not establish innocence. It establishes if a jury of your peers believe that there is no reasonable doubt that you are guilty. The burden must always be on the law/state to be perfect to protect citizens from being unlawfully put in prison.

Back to OJ, once there was any evidence of tampering by the law/state it should automatically provide a bit of reasonable doubt regarding someones quilt or innocence.
View Quote
K.

Not guilty is not the same as innocent.
This was still a bad shoot. Because if it was a good shoot Yanez would have never been in court in the first place.

I hope there's a civil suit. People understand money.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:21:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's correct.  The video didn't show either way.  But the Officer stated that he was reaching for it, and warned the guy not to reach for it about 4 times, hollering louder and louder each time.  Why would the Officer do that if he didn't believe the guy was reaching for the gun?

The only person that knows if the Officer believed he was reaching for a gun is the Officer.  And he swore that he did believe that.

If the guy would have placed his hands on the steering wheel and followed instructions, he would not have been shot.
View Quote
Lol how can that be correct if the video doesn't show it and we only have the self-serving words of the cop under investigation?

He wasn't instructed to place his hands on the steering wheel. You Yanez-boosters keep hearing and seeing what you want.

He was told don't reach for it, to which he told the officer he wasn't reaching for it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:24:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Peaeye: "It was General Lee that freed the slaves."

Augustus McCray: "Careful Pea, you're getting in over your head."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Peaeye: "It was General Lee that freed the slaves."

Augustus McCray: "Careful Pea, you're getting in over your head."
OJ Simpson is innocent?
lol Really?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:25:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too bad the jury who did see all the evidence, statements, and testimony disagree with you.

You are incredibly naive.  I am not a cop and have seen video of people insisting they arent doing things, like resisting, yet they are.

The statements of the person being stopped are not determinative of waht they are doing.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

OJ Simpson is innocent?
lol Really?
View Quote
The jury didn't say that OJ was innocent. They said he wasn't guilty to beyond a reasonable certitude, which I believe was the standard in that case.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:28:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:29:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ok no matter what your feelings are on this, the above is not true. All the Jury did (as they do  in every case) is decide if the person is guilty beyond all reasonable doubt. This is not saying they were innocent, or guilty (if it were reversed), they are not making any statement regarding the charges except they could not ascertain with the information given if the person was "guilty beyond any and all reasonable doubt".

Drives me crazy, juries do not really prove you were innocent or heck even guilty, they just show that the evidence and arguments presented convinced the Jury. Our justice system works better than most in the world, it is not perfect however it does not really prove guild or innocence.

I believe the officer was way to wound up and made bad tactical decisions, Castile should not have been moving after informing and the cop yelling at him.  Well under 5 seconds between informing of carrying a weapon and the last shot fired, this went down extremely fast.  I think bad decisions met bad decisions but our justice system does not prove innocence or quilt, especially not innocence. The burden must be placed upon the state/law to insure the best chance at a fair trial.  We do not establish the absence of guilt, only if they can be convicted with information given beyond a reasonable doubt.  

Look at OJ guilty but once any evidence of tampering by the authorities you must have some reasonable doubt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats infantile. The loss of his job is as much a result of public pressure as any other factor.  The guy who shot the thug in St Louis was fired, too.  It means nothing.  

Manslaughter is the lowest measure of wringful death.  It was a good shoot in the eyes of the jury.  It was a GOOD SHOOT.  

I dont need a lecture on my stability from an anonymous blow hard who is ignorant of police procedure.  Your advice will be given due weight, which is to say none.  

You werent there.  Its imbecilic to claim you know what was a threat or what was not.  

Any competent adult who is reaching during a traffic stop, and is told "DONT REACH FOR THE GUN" or "STOP MOVING", yet who decides to keep doing whtever they are doing is a moron.  If you think otherwise, youre likely to meet the same fate.
Ok no matter what your feelings are on this, the above is not true. All the Jury did (as they do  in every case) is decide if the person is guilty beyond all reasonable doubt. This is not saying they were innocent, or guilty (if it were reversed), they are not making any statement regarding the charges except they could not ascertain with the information given if the person was "guilty beyond any and all reasonable doubt".

Drives me crazy, juries do not really prove you were innocent or heck even guilty, they just show that the evidence and arguments presented convinced the Jury. Our justice system works better than most in the world, it is not perfect however it does not really prove guild or innocence.

I believe the officer was way to wound up and made bad tactical decisions, Castile should not have been moving after informing and the cop yelling at him.  Well under 5 seconds between informing of carrying a weapon and the last shot fired, this went down extremely fast.  I think bad decisions met bad decisions but our justice system does not prove innocence or quilt, especially not innocence. The burden must be placed upon the state/law to insure the best chance at a fair trial.  We do not establish the absence of guilt, only if they can be convicted with information given beyond a reasonable doubt.  

Look at OJ guilty but once any evidence of tampering by the authorities you must have some reasonable doubt.
I'd wager that I have impaneled more civil juries than 99% of ARF.   I know what they do.  I didnt write that they found him factually innocent.  

But the standard is not "ANY AND ALL" reasonable doubt.  Thats false. Its A reasonble doubt.  And I didnt say they did anything other than evaluate the fatal shooting with instructions enabling them to fix the lowest legal criminal  that holds someone responsible for the death of another.  

It was a good shoot.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:29:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yanez sure looked like he panicked to me, or was that just his professional training kicking in?
View Quote
He needed more time mirror-training...standing in front of a full length mirror, clothing optional, but a gun belt is required. Do 10+ repetitions of the Draw-Holster-Draw drill. You want to reach a point where your Oakleys resting on top of your head do not shift at all.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:31:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

And a tax paying citizen, I see it is the lowest form of laziness.

How many cases does your burglary division close? That's police work, but it's too hard to actually take prints, track down burglars, and recover stolen goods.
View Quote
Because you think police work is like CSI.  You don't get prints or dna much more often then you do.   More bad guys get caught and arrested by patrol officers who stopped them for "minor" offenses then get solved from forensics in real life.

You know who that guy got caught with your stolen stuff?  He got pulled over for a tag light, was smoking weed, and the officer found your stuff searching the car.  But wait, you probably never wrote down the serial numbers so the 10 TVs aren't listed as stolen.......but it's the cops fault you didn't get your stuff back.

Great advice from the author of the article.  Don't enforce the law because you might hurt someones feelings and it's your fault if the dumbass resists and gets hurt or killed.

I can't wait to max out as much OT as I can for the next 4 years to jack my pension up as high as I can.  That's going to be about $150,000/year if we keep having to pay OT to cover patrol shifts due to the vacancies from everyone who has quit over the last couple of years from the Ferguson Effect.  As long as we only have 20 graduates a year and keep losing 8-10 young guys who no longer will do the job every month I should be good.  And to think we used to complain about 60% staffing.

I would like to thank the public, especially BLM and CopWATCH, for paying me a bunch of money and EXPECTING me to do absolutely nothing to enforce the law.  I will gladly park my car and watch TV until responding to a 911 call.  I will then immediately return to the station to complete my report of the crime you were a victim of.  It's like being a Firefighter with free ammo.

You, the citizen, are free to go to the Magistrate's Office and swear out a criminal complaint.  If you call 911 I will even show up and ask the bad person who offended you to go to the Jail.  If they refuse I will de-escalate the situation by leaving.  Arresting someone for a misdemeanor may lead to a fight, injury, or death.  It is just WRONG that someone would be killed by the police for a minor offense like selling illegal cigarettes, trying to disarm an officer, driving with faulty equipment, or not following officers commands.  

If they are hurt or killed because of their poor decisions it is not their fault.  It is the polices' responsibility because of the inherent bias in their profession caused by centuries of enforcing racist laws in the name of white supremacy.

Every citizen has the RIGHT to do whatever they want, to resist arrest by using whatever force they can.  An officer is NEVER justified using physical force to put someone on the ground who is smaller or of the opposite sex than the officer.  If an officer punches a lady who has just punched his testicles then he is a coward and guilty of criminal assault.

I'll make sure my guys only go to calls and write reports for the detective's to call and follow up on from their desks instead of beating the bushes looking for bad guys.  I would hate for anyone to have a negative police experience .  

SCOTUS has already ruled that I am not liable for failing to protect you, so why should I risk my ass to save yours?  Because it's my job?  My job description is to respond to 911 calls and write reports.  That's it.  They can't make me ENFORCE any laws because citizens don't like quotas.  All I have to do is show up and document the mess.  It's not even my job to clean it up.

I hope I live at least another 50 years and enjoy my tax payer funded retirement while you work until you die for revenge for some of the stupid ass cop bashing I've seen in GD over the years.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:31:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The bank robbery was 4 days prior. Also wasn't it reported immediately after the shooting that Yanez had pulled him over before for traffic stops and knew him?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Y'all need to learn how to disagree without calling names (I know, I know....this is GD).

The author stated an opinion that was, in essence, minor traffic violation stops while occasionally productive are more often than not more trouble than they are worth to the routine patrol cop who will have to contend with an increasingly high wave of negative public opinion, among other problems, should something go wrong during the stop. 

That's a fair point, based in part his policing experience.  I didn't read him as saying to never make a pretext stop, but rather to think hard about whether it was worth it under the circumstances. 

No.
It's exactly like 40xb said.
There is the radio call available to listen to him saying why he was gonna pull the car over, he even asked for backup, since he thought the guy matched the description.
All of that evidence is out there to read and listen to.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:32:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Just stop. You are looking more and more foolish by the post.
View Quote
No.

Also I don't believe you.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Was he reaching for a firearm? The video didn't show that. Where did it show him reaching for a firearm? If the firearm never cleared leather, then how much of a threat was he?
Where was the intent, where was the jeopardy? Or were these things not covered in Officer Yanez use of force training....assuming he got use of force training.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a foolish comment.

Guy says he is lawfully armed.  Good, no problem.  Cop didn't seem to mind at all.

Guy says he is not reaching for it.  Means absolutely nothing.  People "say things" all the time that are directly different than what they are actually doing.

People that resist arrest are often recorded as hollering "I'm not resisting" while they plainly are resisting.

All the guy had to do was to quit reaching for his firearm when repeatedly told to do so and we wouldn't have ever heard of this incident.  But he didn't follow instructions and the officer rationally felt his life was in danger and responded as he did.

Also, the author of that article kept mentioning "poor training".  I saw nothing to support that supposition.
Was he reaching for a firearm? The video didn't show that. Where did it show him reaching for a firearm? If the firearm never cleared leather, then how much of a threat was he?
Where was the intent, where was the jeopardy? Or were these things not covered in Officer Yanez use of force training....assuming he got use of force training.
You really should take some use of force training.  I'd love to see you take a shoot no shoot video simulator.

Then you will have the answer to the above question, "If he didn't clear leather, how much of a threat could he be?"

Your mindset is understanable but profoundly ignorant.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Does not mention that in the officer's mind this was a felony stop, as evidenced by his call that the driver matched the description of a robbery suspect.
In the victim's mind this was a simple broken equipment stop and no big thing, his possible impairment may have contributed to his behavior.
A fuster cluck all around but mostly on the officer.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I guess he should have stopped digging around his waistband area then huh?

Are you aware that is where most people carry their handguns?
View Quote
Was he digging into his waistband?

I didn't see that in any of the videos. Show me the frame, I'll wait.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'd wager that I have impanneled more civil juries than 99% of ARF.   I know what they do.  I didnt write that they found him factually innocent.  

But the standard is not "ANY AND ALL" reasonable doubt.  Thats false. Its A reasonble doubt.  And I didnt say they did anything other than evaluate the fatal shooting with instructions enabling them to fix the lowest legal criminal  that holds someone responsible for the death of another.  

It was a good shoot.
View Quote
Then why was he charged? Why was he fired?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:36:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
K.

This was still a bad shoot. Because if it was a good shoot Yanez would have never been in court in the first place.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

K.

Your authoritative statements in areas in which you are completely ignorant are troubling.

You appear to argue that there can be no ciminal trial if a crime has not been committed?  Do you hate the anglo saxaon concept of trial by jury so much?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Castile was compliant, but when you get such a jumpy cop, you really need to be extra careful.  Still no reason for him to have half a mag dumped into him.  However, some outed themselves here as willing to kill over pettiness.  American LE very much has real problem......themselves.  I hate that LEOs get thrown under the bus often for actual justified shoots, but the revealing JBTs let know there are A LOT of cops that should not have badges and a purging of these reckless bullies is needed.
View Quote
The only reason he was jumpy was the asshole wouldn't stop reaching around after being told repeatedly to stop in loud clearly concise language with a gun pointing at him.

Ed
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:36:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Lol how can that be correct f the video doesn't show it and we only have the self-serving words of the cop under investigationi?

He wasn't instructed to place his hands on the steering wheel. You Yanez-boosters keep hearing and seeing what you want.

He was told don't reach for it, to which he told the officer he wasn't reaching for it.
View Quote
We also have the interview of the gf.
She states he was reaching for his right hip, to get wallet, so yes even his own gf said he was reaching.
I heard her say it, and the audio is very clear.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:38:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Lol how can that be correct if the video doesn't show it and we only have the self-serving words of the cop under investigation?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's correct.  The video didn't show either way.  But the Officer stated that he was reaching for it, and warned the guy not to reach for it about 4 times, hollering louder and louder each time.  Why would the Officer do that if he didn't believe the guy was reaching for the gun?

The only person that knows if the Officer believed he was reaching for a gun is the Officer.  And he swore that he did believe that.

If the guy would have placed his hands on the steering wheel and followed instructions, he would not have been shot.

Yeah, genius, when a cop is yelling stuff at you during a traffic stop, like DONT REACH FOR THE GUN, a sane person STOPS everything.  EVERYTHING.  Hands freeze. Slowly show palms.  Re establsh some calm, then get your wallet.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I have not heard that.
View Quote
Yanez stated to BAC, he never had any dealings with him prior.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:39:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:40:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Your authoritative statements in areas in which you are completely ignorant are troubling.

You appear to argue that there can be no ciminal trial if a crime has not been committed?  Do you hate the anglo saxaon concept of trial by jury so much?
View Quote
I think your definition of 'good shoot' and mine differ. Last I checked, and I could be wrong, but 'good shoot' is not a legal term. But if I am ignorant  to one, then please enlighten me.

If it was a truly 'good shoot', then Yanez should still be a cop, right? I mean that stands to reason. Probably won't have to worry about a civil trial either, right?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd wager that I have impanneled more civil juries than 99% of ARF.   I know what they do.  I didnt write that they found him factually innocent.  

It was a good shoot.
Really?   Why do we conduct criminal trials?   Because the DA says, and a judge agrees, that there is a minimal amount of evidence that the defendant committed a crime.

But if a jury says there was no crime, that's it.  There was no crime.

Why was he fired?  Really?  Do you not understand PR and public pressure in these situations?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:45:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I think your definition of 'good shoot' and mine differ. Last I checked, and I could be wrong, but 'good shoot' is not a legal term. But if I am ignorant  to one, then please enlighten me.

If it was a truly 'good shoot', then Yanez should still be a cop, right? I mean that stands to reason. Probably won't have to worry about a civil trial either, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am removing myself from this "conversation". You are either trolling, or eleven years old.  

If you want to incorporate adult sensibiities into your mindset, I will return.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:45:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I unsubscribed to my own thread!
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:46:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
What is your argument for Darrin Wilson in Ferguson then?  Didn't get charged, but went to a grand jury.....and got fired.

Both those can be a result of political pressure....not necessarily and indication of wrong doing
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Castile was compliant, but when you get such a jumpy cop, you really need to be extra careful.  Still no reason for him to have half a mag dumped into him.  However, some outed themselves here as willing to kill over pettiness.  American LE very much has real problem......themselves.  I hate that LEOs get thrown under the bus often for actual justified shoots, but the revealing JBTs let know there are A LOT of cops that should not have badges and a purging of these reckless bullies is needed.
View Quote
Since my last post was TLDR...

Sorry guy LE aren't the problem.  Its the media's fake narrative and the glorification of the gangster lifestyle into the mainstream that are the problem.  Its the elements in society that think they don't have to play by the rules that end up shot.  Generally speaking if you comply and don't act like a jackass then you will be fine.

Castile was not compliant.  He was a stoned idiot who failed to follow instructions and continued to reach for something that a reasonable officer would assume was a weapon.  He played stupid games and won stupid prizes.  If you were Officer Yanez you would have done the same thing.  I would love to put you on a Force Simulator or have you go through SIMS training.  

He is no different than Michael Brown.  And the fact that Brown's family is getting paid is a slap in the face to every law enforcement officer in the country.  His family should have gotten arrested and been found civilly liable for the damage caused by their lies.  

This is how the American Public "supports" law enforcement?  We act legally and correctly and lose our careers.  Criminal's break the law and their families get paid.

You want less policing?  This is how you get less policing.

I can't wait for the "hood to make it out to the 'burbs.  It's already started to happen here.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:01:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That is you and I commend you for that attitude. But it isn't the same one I have encountered at check stations, as a passenger in traffic stops, being ticketed myself, or being questioned by an officer when I give them notice.
Whether you were trained in Ada or a big department academy must make a difference. I know of OCPD officers disarming a person on his own doorstep just because they were asking questions. No arrest was made and the neighbor disarmed was not a suspect, just a possible witness. He gave then notice when he answered the door.
You and I both know that is against state law. But it happened anyway.
I have seen too many OK officers' alert level jump at the mention of a gun. Hands to the holster, flipping retention device off, just an inch from going into attack mode.
Frankly that scares the shit out of me.
Yeah, there is a problem and I don't want to see cops killed.
Nor do I want to see innocent, legally carrying citizen shot by a dumb ass with a gun and badge,
There is a problem and it is going to be continued to be denied by those in LE.
View Quote
It's a problem that can be easily solved by training them the proper way, and holding them accountable when they don't deal with those situations in a proper fashion.

If you can't do the job well, the right way, then don't.  Having elevated power and shielding from your actions (to a certain degree) should equivocate to having a higher standard of respect for the tight line you walk, and personal accountability for being the kind of strict law abiding nature what you demand of your fellow citizens that you police..........

This comment is in relation to the comments about CCW holders interacting with some police officers.......the Phillandro thing.....yeah.....shit sandwich.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Because you think police work is like CSI.  You don't get prints or dna much more often then you do.   More bad guys get caught and arrested by patrol officers who stopped them for "minor" offenses then get solved from forensics in real life.

You know who that guy got caught with your stolen stuff?  He got pulled over for a tag light, was smoking weed, and the officer found your stuff searching the car.  But wait, you probably never wrote down the serial numbers so the 10 TVs aren't listed as stolen.......but it's the cops fault you didn't get your stuff back.

Great advice from the author of the article.  Don't enforce the law because you might hurt someones feelings and it's your fault if the dumbass resists and gets hurt or killed.

I can't wait to max out as much OT as I can for the next 4 years to jack my pension up as high as I can.  That's going to be about $150,000/year if we keep having to pay OT to cover patrol shifts due to the vacancies from everyone who has quit over the last couple of years from the Ferguson Effect.  As long as we only have 20 graduates a year and keep losing 8-10 young guys who no longer will do the job every month I should be good.  And to think we used to complain about 60% staffing.

I would like to thank the public, especially BLM and CopWATCH, for paying me a bunch of money and EXPECTING me to do absolutely nothing to enforce the law.  I will gladly park my car and watch TV until responding to a 911 call.  I will then immediately return to the station to complete my report of the crime you were a victim of.  It's like being a Firefighter with free ammo.

You, the citizen, are free to go to the Magistrate's Office and swear out a criminal complaint.  If you call 911 I will even show up and ask the bad person who offended you to go to the Jail.  If they refuse I will de-escalate the situation by leaving.  Arresting someone for a misdemeanor may lead to a fight, injury, or death.  It is just WRONG that someone would be killed by the police for a minor offense like selling illegal cigarettes, trying to disarm an officer, driving with faulty equipment, or not following officers commands.  

If they are hurt or killed because of their poor decisions it is not their fault.  It is the polices' responsibility because of the inherent bias in their profession caused by centuries of enforcing racist laws in the name of white supremacy.

Every citizen has the RIGHT to do whatever they want, to resist arrest by using whatever force they can.  An officer is NEVER justified using physical force to put someone on the ground who is smaller or of the opposite sex than the officer.  If an officer punches a lady who has just punched his testicles then he is a coward and guilty of criminal assault.

I'll make sure my guys only go to calls and write reports for the detective's to call and follow up on from their desks instead of beating the bushes looking for bad guys.  I would hate for anyone to have a negative police experience .  

SCOTUS has already ruled that I am not liable for failing to protect you, so why should I risk my ass to save yours?  Because it's my job?  My job description is to respond to 911 calls and write reports.  That's it.  They can't make me ENFORCE any laws because citizens don't like quotas.  All I have to do is show up and document the mess.  It's not even my job to clean it up.

I hope I live at least another 50 years and enjoy my tax payer funded retirement while you work until you die for revenge for some of the stupid ass cop bashing I've seen in GD over the years.
View Quote
Ask the Dallas officers how secure their pensions are right now. Good luck!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:06:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's not how UoF actually works. Have you ever done UoF training? If so, in what capacity?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:09:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

K.

View Quote
Me too.  Qualified Immunity for the win!!!!!

I don't care about the city paying out as long as the officer is covered.  Taxpayers get the leadership they vote for.  Deal with the consequences.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And a tax paying citizen, I see it is the lowest form of laziness.

How many cases does your burglary division close? That's police work, but it's too hard to actually take prints, track down burglars, and recover stolen goods.

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:16:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Ask the Dallas officers how secure their pensions are right now. Good luck!
View Quote
Fortunately my State is one of the few that still has a well managed pension fund.  The legislature can't raid it at will.

Besides I have my VA Disability to fall back on
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Is to suggest that traffic cops should do nothing at all.
View Quote
Not a bad idea!
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top