[#3]
I saw under $2.00 in Durham yesterday.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:31:57 AM EDT
[#4]
$1.89 in Houston
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hahaha, fuck Russia and all the Putin dick lickers.
View Quote
 Putin made a deal with the Chinese to trade oil for their currency, then convert it to gold and bring it in to Russia.  Those two countries don't like the Petrodollar system, and are finding a way around it.  

This leads to a balance of power shift, and it doesn't take long.  They can all deal oil in gold and move away from the US, its Federal Reserve, and the grip is has on the rest of the world through its silly non-gold backed reserve currency that it prints into oblivion.  That is part of why the propaganda machine in the US is increasingly pointing towards Russia and China.

The Petrodollar system is a shaky and lopsided "agreement."  Thankfully the shale revolution took place in America.  At least when the Petrodollar system weakens and eventually falls, we have it under our feet.  It's a difference between higher prices (less bad) and unobtanium.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:33:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That is a result of taxes.
View Quote
Also state refinery issues but lucky for me new gas taxes are kicking in less than 5 months from now
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:55:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Lowest whole sale cost to me for tomorrow is $1.335

So... Add freight and tax. You're still well under $2 at the pump.

Retail is making a killing. And that's not even contact pricing.  Subtract an extra 5-10 cents for contract buys
View Quote
Rack price for E-10 this morning was $1.3029

E-85 was $1.221
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:08:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:09:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
$2.52/gallon of regular here in Salt Lake City. Nothing like this $2/gal I'm hearing about elsewhere.
View Quote
yep the good ol brotheren sticking to the masses cause they can
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:11:38 AM EDT
[#11]
This time last year I was filing up for $1.60ish. This morning it was $2.35.
Calling bullshit on this.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Yesterday I saw $2.17, $2.15 and $1.97

I was in a hurry or I would have filled up on $1.97
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:20:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just went up almost 30 cents/gal overnight here.
View Quote
Yep crazy from $1.99 to 2.29 insane.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#14]
$1.92 this morning in the DFW area.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:27:29 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't really notice the price until it starts creeping up on $4. As it stands right now, I expect a tank of premium gas in the Mustang to run ~$40. A few bucks more or less doesn't really register on my radar. 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:31:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:33:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Pump prices aren't dropping around here.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:35:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Taken last night, admittedly at one of the more expensive stations near me (San Diego area)

$4.00 a gallon by end of summer no doubt.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:29:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
$2.00 here  Texas gulf coast.....more Bro-dozers to hit the market soon...LOL
View Quote
Makes driving my "King Ranch" more bearable.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
But when is 100LL coming down?  
View Quote
Never..get an auto gas STC.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:47:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Lowest whole sale cost to me for tomorrow is $1.335

So... Add freight and tax. You're still well under $2 at the pump.

Retail is making a killing. And that's not even contact pricing.  Subtract an extra 5-10 cents for contract buys
View Quote
The NYMEX RBOB gasoline price currently at @ $144.00. That's $1.44 a gallon before transport, taxes, and retail fees. 

If you're buying gas wholesale ar $1.35...I'd buy all of it. 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:55:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You are looking at only part of the equation.

Lower oil prices mean more $s in consumers's hands because of lower gas/diesel and electric costs, lower costs on all goods in commerce because of lower transport costs, lower production costs for US companies because of lower feul/electric costs.

The economy soared under Reagan, when the Saudis opened the valves. US oil and gas took a hard hit but the national economy took off.
View Quote
And you, Sir, are ignoring the fact that 'those that give can take away' in your lauding of the House of Saud.

Without a strong domestic energy sector, we are at the whim of those we depend on to supply us. Sort of brings domestic energy into the realm of national security in my mind. 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:58:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The thing about a Global Economy, it that fucks us too.

CHK stock down 7% to 52 week lows, on a company that is the second largest NG producer in North America...one that was at $15 24 months ago and is now at about $4.  

Same with the rest of the oil and gas sector.

Those are Americans who are losing jobs, wells getting capped, royalties not being paid to land owners, trucking companies not moving trucks/cargo, drillers who are selling rigs for scrap, banks who are not lending, money not moving...economy not growing.

Cheap gas is cool...but cheap to the point that millions of American jobs are lost...not cool at all.  

The Saudis set out to bankrupt the US oil/gas sector.  They flooded the market.  They almost did it...and it was turning around for the US.  Now...it looks like they are going to win after all.  

Remember this one thing-  The Saudis have land companies formed to buy bankrupt US oil companies at pennies on the dollar.  They have already purchased the largest US oil refinery.  They own more than a million acres and have mineral rights to much more, across the SW US.  

Cheap gas only hurts them temporarily.  It can hurt us far longer if US businesses go bankrupt.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/21/news/economy/low-gas-prices/index.html

The recent drop in the cost of oil has been a happy surprise for drivers, who are enjoying the cheapest gas prices at the start of summer in 12 years.Oil prices have dipped into bear market territory and gasoline prices have followed, falling every day since June 2, according to AAA. The average price nationally for a gallon of regular is now $2.28, down 10 cents since the start of the month. 

And the outlook for the rest of the month is good: Wholesale gas prices suggest that prices drivers pay will keep falling, and this weekend could bring the cheapest prices so far in 2017, said Tom Kloza, chief oil analyst for the Oil Price Information Service, which tracks pump prices for AAA.

"There's a lot of oil out there right now, and that oil is being turned into gasoline," said Kloza.

The start of summer is typically not a time for cheap gas, because people drive more and demand for gasoline goes up. In addition, gas stations are required to sell a special type of gas, known as the summer blend, that creates less smog -- but also pushing prices slightly higher.Kloza said for the first time this century, prices at the pump could be cheaper over the July 4 holiday weekend than during the previous Christmas and New Year.
Hahaha, fuck Russia and all the Putin dick lickers.

CHK stock down 7% to 52 week lows, on a company that is the second largest NG producer in North America...one that was at $15 24 months ago and is now at about $4.  

Those are Americans who are losing jobs, wells getting capped, royalties not being paid to land owners, trucking companies not moving trucks/cargo, drillers who are selling rigs for scrap, banks who are not lending, money not moving...economy not growing.

Cheap gas is cool...but cheap to the point that millions of American jobs are lost...not cool at all.  

The Saudis set out to bankrupt the US oil/gas sector.  They flooded the market.  They almost did it...and it was turning around for the US.  Now...it looks like they are going to win after all.  

Remember this one thing-  The Saudis have land companies formed to buy bankrupt US oil companies at pennies on the dollar.  They have already purchased the largest US oil refinery.  They own more than a million acres and have mineral rights to much more, across the SW US.  

Cheap gas only hurts them temporarily.  It can hurt us far longer if US businesses go bankrupt.  
LOL

Force me to pick a pocket for my dollar....my pocket or some bro in TX?

I'll leave the dollar in my pocket every time.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Taken last night, admittedly at one of the more expensive stations near me (San Diego area)

$4.00 a gallon by end of summer no doubt.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/107869/IMG-0654-236366.JPG
View Quote
but at least the weather is nice

Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
$1.75ish in the okc area
View Quote
$1.68 with Murphys club card at Walmart.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Over $3.00 a gallon here in CA.
Going up another $.15 a gallon via increased taxes soon too.
Roads are still for shit
View Quote
That money isn't going to roads.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:54:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Drop baby drop.  I'll dance a jig if it hits $2 at the gas dock.  $634 fill-ups are painful.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:58:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Just jumped like 35 cents a gallon around here yesterday.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:58:31 PM EDT
[#31]
$2.19 in Central FL
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:32:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The millions of people who rely on the oil/gas industry...are consumers.

Our oil is exported.  Our economy relies on that continous export.  We refine foreign nasty crude.  We export clean, easy to refine crude.  

If those exports stop...our economy stops.

Big picture.
View Quote
Lol. We didn't export oil for like 40 years. I think our economy was still going during those 40 years. The ban was lifted in 2015.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:34:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
There was a huge gasoline bubble that I believe helped create the 2008 fiasco.  Now you're crying jobs, profits, royalties???

With customers in the oil business, I'm losing money as well because of low oil price, but there was way too much greed in the business not too long ago, creating ridiculous prices at the pump and putting a big dent in people's budgets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was a huge gasoline bubble that I believe helped create the 2008 fiasco.  Now you're crying jobs, profits, royalties???

With customers in the oil business, I'm losing money as well because of low oil price, but there was way too much greed in the business not too long ago, creating ridiculous prices at the pump and putting a big dent in people's budgets.
Years ago...

Reality today is very different.  

The majority of mid level producers are losing money every day.  They are spending $50 a barrel to produce and being paid $45.  

Those companies have more debt than assets.  Their only hope is to pump the oil and sell it...which they can't do with prices below $60.

Now what?  They go Bankrupt...LINE did...BTU (Coal) did...SSE- Gone....and on and on.  If that wave of bankruptcies keeps up, it will collapse the US Economy.  The assets are toxic.  CHK literally paid a company to take over a lease...as in paid millions of dollars just to get rid of thousands of acres of wells.  They couldn't afford to pump it as they lost $$ on every barrel.  

What happens if several trillion dollars worth or companies and their assets file bankruptcy?  These companies are leveraged badly...some with 2-3X their actual value in debt.  Banks loan more money because they can't afford to accept bankruptcy.  

What happened the last time that happened...in about 2008...in a housing bubble...

That is the disaster we face if we don't get oil leveled out.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:46:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Lol. We didn't export oil for like 40 years. I think our economy was still going during those 40 years. The ban was lifted in 2015.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our oil is exported.  Our economy relies on that continous export.  We refine foreign nasty crude.  We export clean, easy to refine crude.  

Big picture.
If you look at how refining works, it makes sense.

US Refineries are set up to process products that produce a larger volume of second order chemicals (byproducts turned into plastics, other oils, lubricants, food grade items, etc.).  Oil doesn't just become gasoline.  It becomes tens of thousands of things.  US refineries take very "dirty" crude, tar sands, oil from South America, and so on...and we refine it into those products which enable everything from IT to Medicine.  

US oil is shipped abroad (not all of it).  Their refining capability is not where ours is and they produce far fewer second order products.  

The oil market is truly global.  The gas in your car likely started in South America or Canada.  The gas in a car in France likely started in TX.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:47:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Big picture.
Also, ref the ban...yes, we did.  We exported it as a "refined product".  The ban only applied to unrefined product.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:55:54 AM EDT
[#36]
this is the last 12 fillups on my car that cover July 2016 through June 2017
I only need to fill-up once a month,,, this is for Premium ,lop off about 20 cents for the Reg price
Salt lake city area.  seems to have jumped up a bit this month
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:58:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Just went up almost 30 cents/gal overnight here.
View Quote
Same here. Guess the jokes on us.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:06:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Over $3.00 a gallon here in CA.
Going up another $.15 a gallon via increased taxes soon too.
Roads are still for shit
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:40:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Years ago...

The majority of mid level producers are losing money every day.  They are spending $50 a barrel to produce and being paid $45.  

Those companies have more debt than assets.  Their only hope is to pump the oil and sell it...which they can't do with prices below $60.

Now what?  They go Bankrupt...LINE did...BTU (Coal) did...SSE- Gone....and on and on.  If that wave of bankruptcies keeps up, it will collapse the US Economy.  The assets are toxic.  CHK literally paid a company to take over a lease...as in paid millions of dollars just to get rid of thousands of acres of wells.  They couldn't afford to pump it as they lost $ on every barrel.  

What happens if several trillion dollars worth or companies and their assets file bankruptcy?  These companies are leveraged badly...some with 2-3X their actual value in debt.  Banks loan more money because they can't afford to accept bankruptcy.  

What happened the last time that happened...in about 2008...in a housing bubble...

View Quote
Screen name is fitting for this post.  So oil companies are too big to fail?  We should all take it on the chin or they'll make us take it on the chin anyway?  If production cost is higher than market value, then you either find a way to lower your production cost or you go bust.  Raising the cost of fuel by 30% for everyone doesn't seem like the best way to address the problem.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:00:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
They want to pass a gas tax.

Easier to get it when gas is below $2 gallon vs $4 a gallon during the Obama years.
View Quote
Any Republican voting for ANY higher tax should be primaried.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:04:22 AM EDT
[#41]
$2.19 for diesel

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:10:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Just moved from CA to KS. I'm paying nearly a whole dollar less per gallon.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:21:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Screen name is fitting for this post.  So oil companies are too big to fail?  We should all take it on the chin or they'll make us take it on the chin anyway?  If production cost is higher than market value, then you either find a way to lower your production cost or you go bust.  Raising the cost of fuel by 30% for everyone doesn't seem like the best way to address the problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Years ago...

Now what?  They go Bankrupt...LINE did...BTU (Coal) did...SSE- Gone....and on and on.  If that wave of bankruptcies keeps up, it will collapse the US Economy.  The assets are toxic.  CHK literally paid a company to take over a lease...as in paid millions of dollars just to get rid of thousands of acres of wells.  They couldn't afford to pump it as they lost $ on every barrel.  

Balanced markets prosper.  

The oil market is badly out of balance.  $60 a barrel is average minimum for long term stability with about an 8% margin for profit and growth.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:22:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Went up 19 cents/gallon yesterday around here (Flint area)
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:40:34 AM EDT
[#45]
1.98 in Brandon yesterday. Of course premium was 2.48 but I'll take it. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:46:59 AM EDT
[#46]
I haven't paid the slightest attention to the price of gas in ~2 years, go be poor somewhere else.

(Actually, due to some fortuitous changes, I'm driving a <2 mile round trip commute, and don't have to drive 3+ hour each way to see a long distance girlfriend anymore.  I bet I'm down to driving less than 4k a year now, spread between enough cars that I barely notice filling up)
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#47]
My regular station hasn't dropped their prices a penny in weeks. The same company in the next village over is 30 cents a gallon cheaper
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:52:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Yea I paid 2.45 for 87 on weds
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Balanced markets prosper.  

The oil market is badly out of balance.  $60 a barrel is average minimum for long term stability with about an 8% margin for profit and growth.
View Quote
Top Kek
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:09:29 AM EDT
[#50]
$1.99 In my end of VA. Does appear to be dropping.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top