BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:53:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Where do you mount the front offset sight on a 6920?
View Quote
On the cheese grater between your peq 15 and leaf sight.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:54:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It'd be a shame if, you know, someone had a solution for that very specific and very unlikely scenario.

http://cdn3.bigcommerce.com/s-xock0/products/1539/images/590/30079-5__44919.1404844785.1280.1280.jpg?c=2
View Quote
Wow! Two back up sights! I can only aspire to be operator enough for two sets of back up sights.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:55:05 PM EDT
[#3]
QD mounts, lol.

What is this, 2006?

In all seriousness, I have Geissele and ADM mounts and I like them both. I really dont need the QD feature though. My QD levers are so tight, I still would need a tool to take them off.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:58:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Wow! Two back up sights! I can only aspire to be operator enough for two sets of back up sights.
View Quote
its so when I sniper takes out your variable powered optic and you have to deploy your QD system to rip the optic off, and the sniper manages to shoot the iron sights off, you have a third form of sighting.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:04:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
its so when I sniper takes out your variable powered optic and you have to deploy your QD system to rip the optic off, and the sniper manages to shoot the iron sights off, you have a third form of sighting.
View Quote
See, I told you I am not operator enough for two sets. The sniper would have no problem shooting my fat ass instead of my poorly mounted with a qd optic.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:25:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kinda hard to use a canted BUIS designed for right handed shooters when I shoot southpaw.

It's a damn shame someone cannot think of that first before they make a post about a damn shame without thinking if the shooter shoots lefty or not.

Besides, I wouldn't want canted sights even if they made them for southpaws.

Here's an idea, you do you and stay in your lane while I do me and stay in mine.

QD still isn't retarded.
http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww359/jboy723/Knights%20Armament/1372009772_zps21001492.jpg
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:45:31 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kinda hard to use a canted BUIS designed for right handed shooters when I shoot southpaw.

It's a damn shame someone cannot think of that first before they make a post about a damn shame without thinking if the shooter shoots lefty or not.

Here's an idea, you do you and stay in your lane while I do me and stay in mine.

QD still isn't retarded.
http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww359/jboy723/Knights%20Armament/1372009772_zps21001492.jpg
https://media3.giphy.com/media/OK27wINdQS5YQ/giphy.gif
Reading is fundemental:

Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:57:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought a used one here that ended up being broken and they replaced it with a newer model with a different height that I changed my mind on, free.  Have zero issues with their system. Excellent mount from an excellent company with tier 1 customer service.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:54:05 AM EDT
[#9]
So GD has gone from being on Larue's nuts ---> ADM ----> Geissele? Ok.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:56:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well, I wanted to but Geisseles nuts are way to expensive for my mouth. 
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:58:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
What's a few hundred dollars when mounting something that costs multiple thousands of dollars to something else that costs multiple thousands of dollars?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:10:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What's a few hundred dollars when mounting something that costs multiple thousands of dollars to something else that costs multiple thousands of dollars?
View Quote
I like Aero Precision mounts for most of my optics. If I were to put those heavy ass mounts on my gun, they would make it too heavy. I would have sweat in my eyes from the effort it would take to carry it to the bench to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:13:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I like Aero Precision mounts for most of my optics. If I were to put those heavy ass mounts on my gun, they would make it too heavy. I would have sweat in my eyes from the effort it would take to carry it to the bench to shoot.
View Quote
Gotta mind those 2oz.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:19:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Gotta mind those 2oz.
View Quote
Like Nutnfancy sez, ounces turn into pounds. Especially during that 30ft walk from the car to the bench.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:21:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Theres a point where you are simply paying for vanity. I look for function. Is Geissele nice? Sure is, I won some of their products. Can I get the exact same performance for less money? Sure can. 

I'm not trying to impress the internet commandos, I dont buy gear based on name, I buy it based on performance. 
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:23:27 AM EDT
[#16]
ADM is an acronym that can mean "reaping the benefits of capitalism" or "fucking ripoff."

ADM mounts fall into the latter; the former only takes advantage of retards who are willing to pay markup on newer vehicles.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:26:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm still stuck on ARMS...
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:27:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Theres a point where you are simply paying for vanity. I look for function. Is Geissele nice? Sure is, I won some of their products. Can I get the exact same performance for less money? Sure can. 

I'm not trying to impress the internet commandos, I dont buy gear based on name, I buy it based on performance. 
View Quote
Arguing there is no functional or performance difference isn't the correct point to be made. I think the real argument is how many people need to reach that level of performance, or more generally the point of diminishing returns.

There are very specific reasons that correlate to why the mount is expensive, but it isn't just the name.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:30:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:31:45 AM EDT
[#20]
So you're a 35 year old woman?
Meet Women From Quito

Katy Perry - I Kissed A Girl (Official Music Video)
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:46:17 AM EDT
[#21]
This thread is really making me want to use a QD EOTech on a QD ADM mount purely for maximum GD triggering. Possibly even mounted on a home defense shotgun.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:48:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This thread is really making me want to use a QD EOTech on a QD ADM mount purely for maximum GD triggering. Possibly even mounted on a home defense shotgun.
View Quote
Your funeral.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:00:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Q squared D
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:03:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
87% of GD are overweight basement dwellers with decent jobs. They're saving all that rent money and buying expensive rifles so they can play Barbie with them, post pictures on ARFCOM, and play "keeping up with the Jones" with the latest and greatest mousetrap. Screw going out and shooting...

ADM works fine. As does a number of other big name mounts. QD works fine. For those that actually use their shit, the only purpose it serves is to rip an optic off of a rifle quickly if it fails, which is nearly never.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:04:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

87% of GD are overweight basement dwellers with decent jobs. They're saving all that rent money and buying expensive rifles so they can play Barbie with them, post pictures on ARFCOM, and play "keeping up with the Jones" with the latest and greatest mousetrap. Screw going out and shooting...

ADM works fine. As does a number of other big name mounts. QD works fine. For those that actually use their shit, the only purpose it serves is to rip an optic off of a rifle quickly if it fails, which is nearly never.
View Quote
Hey, I don't live in a basement.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:44:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Didn't ADM donate some products that was auctioned to support a member here with a sick child?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ADM isn't allowed to be a site sponsor. lol. Apparently Larue claimed they copied his designs or something. Thats why ADM, Arms, and Bobro are open for shitposting
Didn't ADM donate some products that was auctioned to support a member here with a sick child?
Yes, they donated some and they did a special run to raise money for Emily.

https://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/1250/
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:44:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Q squared D
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Q squared D
Here we go. Maximum HSLD redundancy, for when you take a hit to your optics, and a hit to your mount that fuses it with the below mount, and you run out of batteries, possibly also at night, you can keep going. QD EOTech on a QD ADM backed up by a dual-illuminated RMR cowitnessed with LPA irons. On a shotgun.

Get on my level.

Attachment Attached File

(I had to do it)
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:09:41 AM EDT
[#28]
ADM isn't allowed to be a site sponsor.
View Quote

Interesting, I've never heard that before.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:26:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'm still stuck on ARMS...
View Quote
It's just too bad ARMS don't stay stuck on rails.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:41:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Do what you want. That doesn't mean it isn't stupid and pointless.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:47:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Y'all are wound too tightly, not even levity works.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:56:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Operating and what others do with their money is serious business.

And this thread has convinced me that I need an ADM QR for my Vortex AR Sparc 2. Not that the bolt on 90's tech isn't bad nor did it need to be replaced, but now it's just because.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:17:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm fine. Literally zero emotion from me other than laughing at dudes so upset that I called their preferred mounting of optic stupid that they have been going back and forth with me for hours now. Dudes like GSL are butt hurt you can see it in the way he types. The dudes that are saying they're gonna go buy a QD mount now are butt hurt because they let the words of a random person on the internet force them into doing something they were not originally going to do. Like I have said before I do not care if you use QD mounts but just because I don't care doesn't mean that they're rather pointless. Sure maybe they shave off a few seconds of you turning a few nuts, other than that they're pointless.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:26:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No one has yet said why they need to take the optic on and off except for GSL and his reasoning is derp.
View Quote
Get a hold of yourself.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:30:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Get a hold of yourself.  
View Quote
I have a bunch of QD's for mostly one reason.  They will never loosen up on me.  

If you have some type of reason to not like my reason, shove a spade up your ass and plant roses.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:32:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I have a bunch of QD's for mostly one reason.  They will never loosen up on me.  

If you have some type of reason to not like my reason, shove a spade up your ass and plant roses.
View Quote
None of my bolt on mounts loosen.
Calm down you seem angry. All of your posts lately reek of anger and insecurity.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:33:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm fine. Literally zero emotion from me other than laughing at dudes so upset that I called their preferred mounting of optic stupid that they have been going back and forth with me for hours now. Dudes like GSL are butt hurt you can see it in the way he types. The dudes that are saying they're gonna go buy a QD mount now are butt hurt because they let the words of a random person on the internet force them into doing something they were not originally going to do. Like I have said before I do not care if you use QD mounts but just because I don't care doesn't mean that they're rather pointless. Sure maybe they shave off a few seconds of you turning a few nuts, other than that they're pointless.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is great.
You are the acting all emotional because people like QD's.

Get a hold of yourself and stop crying'
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:37:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This is great.
You are the acting all emotional because people like QD's.

Get a hold of yourself and stop crying'
View Quote
You are another one of the guys is clearly angry. Let it go. This will all end if you stop posting.
Are you even reading my posts or are you just seeing words and getting angry?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:40:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You are another one of the guys is clearly angry. Let it go. This will all end if you stop posting.
Are you even reading my posts or are you just seeing words and getting angry?
View Quote
STOP DISLIKING WHAT I LIKE CRY BABY!
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:43:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
And post a pic, safety off.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:43:50 AM EDT
[#41]
If you want to have a jerkoff thread about how great your mounts are, I suppose you can.  You could then like jerk off all over your face, chest, boyfriends face and chest,  like I suppose you could do what ever you want.  Just not in my front yard you fucking freak,
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:51:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Whatever your preferences that are based on experience no problem. OP like to make asinine comments then not have to answer for them. So what about this 35 year old woman thing I found. What the heck OP? You fell silent after I posted the link.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 6:01:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If you want to have a jerkoff thread about how great your mounts are, I suppose you can.  You could then like jerk off all over your face, chest, boyfriends face and chest,  like I suppose you could do what ever you want.  Just not in my front yard you fucking freak,
View Quote
It's posts like these that make it clear you are the one with the problem.

I do not care if you use them if it works for you good.

That however does not mean they have no real purpose other than being able to be taken off quicker because apparently some of you are so busy that you need the minute of time that flipping a lever saves over turning a few bolts.

I bet you mother fuckers microwave pop tarts.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 6:26:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That however does not mean they have no real purpose other than being able to be taken off quicker because apparently some of you are so busy that you need the minute of time that flipping a lever saves over turning a few bolts.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People heat up poptarts?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 6:49:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Jesus H. Christ
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 7:08:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

People heat up poptarts?
View Quote
People doing pointless things is the point I was making
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 8:05:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Agreed.

No excuse to use anything other than Geissele.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/275845/IMG-8895-217119.jpg
View Quote
Didn't know Geissle made a QD mount.....
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Didn't know Geissle made a QD mount.....
View Quote
It's pointless to try and talk to militant fans who expect you to do it their way or the highway.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It'd be a shame if, you know, someone had a solution for that very specific and very unlikely scenario.

http://cdn3.bigcommerce.com/s-xock0/products/1539/images/590/30079-5__44919.1404844785.1280.1280.jpg?c=2
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kinda hard to use my rear BUIS if I my variable optic takes a shit.

QD still isn't retarded.

GSL lives in this fantasy that he's going to be in this insane gun battle, he will be low on ammo, and when all seems lost, his optics will fail.  It's at that moment he thinks his time had come to a end he realizes he can remove his optics, go to irons and survive to fight another day. He also staggers back bloody, but alive to be the hero.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:25:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

QD still isn't retarded.
View Quote
Ok, so am I, i shoot left, but I have learned to overcome, and who the hell wants to shoot left prone, tilted?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top