Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:10:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The USAA site's "Member Community" thread on this subject was 21 pages or so at 1 PM Eastern time today (10 posts per page).  Now it's up to 40 pages, overwhelmingly negative. People are starting to post how much money they are saving when switching to Geico (like actual dollar for dollar comparisons of their old USAA policy and their new GEICO policy). 

Not good for USAA.  One guy posted his new GEICO rates and said "Who knew being a patriot could save me so much money!"
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I should have kept my big mouth shut until I called Navy Federal first.

I finally called and asked about why it is that I can not txfer between accounts or deposit from home. The friendly lady looked into it and apparently my experience is not the standard. There was a restriction placed in 2001 on my account. No identifiable reason. She said maybe there was a compromise of info at the time. In any case, restriction lifted.

Their website tells me that I'm wrong about membership open to anybody. Apparently there are restrictions. That would just be part of being a CU, I guess.

I'm not typically a believer in boycotts, but it sure does appear that USAA is taking a beating on this one.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:22:26 PM EDT
[#3]
It's looking like I'll save a few bucks on car insurance by dropping them. I'm not even a Hannity fan.

I hope USAA becomes an example for other craven corporations of what will happen when they appease the hard left. Like the 1994 election was for congresscritters.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's looking like I'll save a few bucks on car insurance by dropping them. I'm not even a Hannity fan.

I hope USAA becomes an example for other craven corporations of what will happen when they appease the hard left. Like the 1994 election was for congresscritters.
View Quote
Not a Hannity fan? I'd be scared to say that.

Just remember this: If you can see Hannity's sensei, his sensei can see you. If you can't see Hannity's sensei, you are probably only seconds away from death.

I can't listen to the guy. He's like a broken record. The dishonesty of USAA in this matter is just unbelievable, though, and I do hope USAA takes a beating that can't be denied.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:41:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I dropped USAA.

Went with Navy Federal.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:25:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm not military at all so I have no chance at insuring through USAA but some of you guys are saying you checked and Geico is 1/2 of what you are paying USAA.
Why have you not checked before this to see what rates other companies offer? Blind "they like the military so I'll pay whatever they ask" mentality?
View Quote
Reason I haven't switched is because in the past when I've gotten calls about car insurance the company say something like "Oh never mind" when I tell them I have USAA. That and at the end of the year we get disbursement checks based on how many accounts we have and how well USAA did that year.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Reason I haven't switched is because in the past when I've gotten calls about car insurance the company say something like "Oh never mind" when I tell them I have USAA. That and at the end of the year we get disbursement checks based on how many accounts we have and how well USAA did that year.
View Quote
Maybe those distribution checks are going to be smaller this year.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:42:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm not military at all so I have no chance at insuring through USAA but some of you guys are saying you checked and Geico is 1/2 of what you are paying USAA.
Why have you not checked before this to see what rates other companies offer? Blind "they like the military so I'll pay whatever they ask" mentality?
View Quote
Frogs boiled slowly.  USAA used to be a fantastic company whose rates couldn't be beat.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Also a lot of us were under the mistaken impression that USAA was an organization that represented American values, so paying a bit more wasn't that big a deal.

Of course we've found that they actually aren't and we're paying a good bit more than we would with the competition. There's no sense in being loyal to just another gang of craven empty suits.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:53:48 PM EDT
[#11]
USAA Caught In Lie - Advertises on Opinion Based Show Chris Matthews This Week.

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/mrcs-bozell-slams-terrible-dishonesty-usaa-after-pulling-ads-hannity
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:03:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This is a new tactic beyond the Seth Rich story. This has happened on Youtube, too...over largely bullshit accusations.

The only antidote to this is to fight fire with fire.

People need to pressure advertisers on MSNBC, CNN, and start boycotting the shit produced by liberal nitwits.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The flag waving is quite the stretch. Fox yanked the Rich story even though Hannity kept it up, I bet Hannity drops it
This is a new tactic beyond the Seth Rich story. This has happened on Youtube, too...over largely bullshit accusations.

The only antidote to this is to fight fire with fire.

People need to pressure advertisers on MSNBC, CNN, and start boycotting the shit produced by liberal nitwits.
Yep.

Burn this mother fucker down.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:21:30 AM EDT
[#13]
30 years with USAA. Canceling all accounts with them.  Pulling all my funds out. Going with Navy Federal Credit Union.

I've called USAA three times today and spoke to three different reps. All gave the same song and dance about their policy of no ads on opinion/political shows.  Not a word from their CEO yet. They think CNN, MSNBC, and other MSM lefty trash are "News" non-political shows, and still have ads on those lefty networks.

Will be doing a bank run as soon as new accounts with NFCU are set up...soonest.  USAA will need Soros' money to make up for the avalanche of impending financial losses.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:39:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
25 Year USAA Member with insurance and substantial investment/banking assets at USAA.

I will call, speak to the President of USAA and let him know why I am taking my business elsewhere. 
View Quote
I'm sure Stu will be happy to speak with you
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:37:13 AM EDT
[#15]
I am going to start canceling my accounts with USAA. I called today to complain and they gave me the same canned speech.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:39:15 AM EDT
[#16]
We are 12 year members with USAA and have not had any negative experiences with them.  They gave us great customer service, low rates and great insurance policies.  I brought at least two families over to them for business.

However, since they are scum-bagging around...

...we began moving our money out of USAA this afternoon.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:48:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Yep canceling insurance and unwinding my accounts. They arent half the company they used to be so who cares. Got better rates with state farm anyway. The only hassle is redoing all my automatic payments/deposits with the new bank.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 5:52:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, this is interesting!

October 11, 2016

USAA has selected French media relations conglomerate Publicis Groupe as the San Antonio-based insurer and financial services firm’s sole outside agency providing marketing, advertising and communications support.

As part of the arrangement, Publicis has pledged that 30 percent of its new hires on the USAA account will be from “diverse communities.” That follows an embarrassing episode last year when a creative director at one of USAA’s outside advertising agencies sent a racist email that later became public.

Publicis agencies will assist USAA with creative development, marketing, advertising and media buying, content creation, social media, corporate responsibility, public relations and crisis management. Those agencies include Razorfish, Saatchi & Saatchi, Mediavest|Spark and Prodigious.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/local/article/USAA-chooses-French-based-conglomerate-for-9963179.php
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:34:58 AM EDT
[#19]
It's going to be a pain to move all my assets.  But...it has to be done.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:37:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:48:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Frogs boiled slowly.  USAA used to be a fantastic company whose rates couldn't be beat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All insurance companies do this.  I believe there's even a term for it - loyalty tax.  It's never a bad idea to look into switching insurance companies every 5 or so years. 

That said, no way I'm switching to Geico.  Geico is shit.  I'll have to call up state Farm next week... 
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:54:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Either someone got greedy or maybe their business model wasn't that hot after all. Just maybe discriminating against 90% of potential customers in the US based not on their driving record but just their job isn't a foolproof method.  Who knew?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:57:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Either someone got greedy or maybe their business model wasn't that hot after all. Just maybe discriminating against 90% of potential customers in the US based not on their driving record but just their job isn't a foolproof method.  Who knew?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Actually - opening up membership to so many more folks is what's making USAA suck. It's easier to have great rates when all you customers have essentially guaranteed income. 
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:01:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Well, this is interesting!

October 11, 2016

USAA has selected French media relations conglomerate Publicis Groupe as the San Antonio-based insurer and financial services firm’s sole outside agency providing marketing, advertising and communications support.

As part of the arrangement, Publicis has pledged that 30 percent of its new hires on the USAA account will be from “diverse communities.” That follows an embarrassing episode last year when a creative director at one of USAA’s outside advertising agencies sent a racist email that later became public.

Publicis agencies will assist USAA with creative development, marketing, advertising and media buying, content creation, social media, corporate responsibility, public relations and crisis management. Those agencies include Razorfish, Saatchi & Saatchi, Mediavest|Spark and Prodigious.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/local/article/USAA-chooses-French-based-conglomerate-for-9963179.php
View Quote
Lol.  One douche sends a bad email so they scuttle the company on the liberalism iceberg.  Flawless plan.  Well hopefully for them they can find a lot of liberals to buy their products since the conservatives are jumping ship.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:05:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Time to switch to Geico
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:08:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Actually - opening up membership to so many more folks is what's making USAA suck. It's easier to have great rates when all you customers have essentially guaranteed income. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol.  I have an outstanding driving record, and much higher than median income/ savings.  The car I drive is also very cheap to repair/ replace.  But somehow I'm not good enough? I've been with my current insurance company and in over 20 years made $0 in claims by or against me.  So 20 years of free premiums isn't worth taking? Ok sounds like a great plan, turn down millions of people who want to give you free money, and then suck the liberal cock.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:19:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
You mean the enlisted and their families?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:49:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:49:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It's going to be a pain to move all my assets.  But...it has to be done.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:04:56 AM EDT
[#30]
couldn't manage to convince the gf to completely drop them, but moved everything else and cut insurance to the bare minimum so that in the future she could use them if needed
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:54:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Yep, 17 year USAA member here: home owner and auto insurance, VPP, banking and even bought my ADT service through them.  Cancelled it all this morning and went elsewhere for my insurance and banking/brokerage.  Beyond voting with my wallet to them caving to leftist non-members (aka Media Matters), I saved a ton of money:  Saved almost $500 per 6 months on insuring 4 vehicles and another $800/year on home owners.  VPP saved $98/year. Moving the last bit of my finances to the Credit Union will be just as good as USAA banking if not better, so no loss there either.

I felt bad for the representatives assigned to try and stop me from leaving, they sounding like sweet Texas ladies and they gave it their best, but I was leaving even if it cost me money.  Instead I saved a ton!  
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:01:08 AM EDT
[#32]
In for later reading.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:29:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Tuesday comes around, I am calling around for quotes on insurance.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:30:48 AM EDT
[#34]
I saved $300 on home. They also recently let someone access my account AFTER failing 4 out of 5 security questions including the names of my kids....and let them change my atm pin, increase the daily atm limit, and change account passwords ALL IN THE SAME PHONE CALL.  Guy might as well have admitted he was an identity theif and to just wire my money to him and probably would have saved time.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Opening a Navy Federal account today and will be filtering my finances away from USAA. Not taking this shit anymore. You shit on me and slob Soros's knob, we're done.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:34:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
USAA Caught In Lie - Advertises on Opinion Based Show Chris Matthews This Week.

http://i.imgur.com/8beA6WY.png

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/mrcs-bozell-slams-terrible-dishonesty-usaa-after-pulling-ads-hannity
View Quote
yup thats it.  Fidelity has free online checking account with fully reimbursed ATM fees just like USAA.  I already have an account with them ill create that new checking acct and off we go
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#37]
USAA is a great company that employs and supports veterans.
Just because Sean Hannidy says he supports veterans doesn't me he isn't an attention whore. The Seth Rich conspiracy theory is utter horseshit. I'm sure USAA will survive without a half a dozen delusional extremists.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:51:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Just because Sean Hannidy says he supports veterans doesn't me he isn't an attention whore. The Seth Rich conspiracy theory is utter horseshit. I'm sure USAA will survive without a half a dozen delusional extremists.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:10:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
you're behind the curve here.  at this point its not about sean hannity, its about USAAs response being utter horseshit.  They advertise on matthew's and maddow's opinion shows on msnbc.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:31:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Already not a fan of USAA from a previous personal experience with them
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
They should not have stepped on snek.
View Quote
Nor should they have pissed all over it, then try to strut around like they had saved the world after the fact.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm not a Hannity fan myself (his "great American" shtick is grating), but if USAA is going to cave to Media Matters on this, they don't represent me, period.  I didn't give a rat's ass if they advertised on Hardball or Maddow's show (which they still do) and Hannity's as well, but singling out Hannity for asking about an unsolved murder while giving the leftist shills a free pass to rant and rave daily?  I'm not down with that.  

Will USAA survive without my money?  Absolutely!  I hope they turn their ship around and become the great company they once were.  One where you knew you weren't overpaying.  

Still, I made my point, left them and saved a bunch of money in the process.  Many others have done the same.  Just from a financial standpoint, I foolishly assumed USAA would always have the lowest rates because they "supported" veterans and all, but as I found out this morning:  I was thousands of dollars wrong.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:58:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm not a Hannity fan myself (his "great American" shtick is grating), but if USAA is going to cave to Media Matters on this, they don't represent me, period.  I didn't give a rat's ass if they advertised on Hardball or Maddow's show (which they still do) and Hannity's as well, but singling out Hannity for asking about an unsolved murder while giving the leftist shills a free pass to rant and rave daily?  I'm not down with that.  

Will USAA survive without my money?  Absolutely!  I hope they turn their ship around and become the great company they once were.  One where you knew you weren't overpaying.  

Still, I made my point, left them and saved a bunch of money in the process.  Many others have done the same.  Just from a financial standpoint, I foolishly assumed USAA would always have the lowest rates because they "supported" veterans and all, but as I found out this morning:  I was thousands of dollars wrong.  
View Quote
There's a lot more that goes into insurance rates than liking your customer. Risk. It's just math. The other companies can be wrong and you pay for it next year. 
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#44]
So who is third on the list after Orielly, Hannity ?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's a shame that they caved to special interest then.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:15:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Of course. Nothing to do with him backing a wild conspiracy theory on air, one debunked a week earlier, and then being called out by the family.

He's turning into Beck.
View Quote
It has not been debunked.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:17:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
There's a lot more that goes into insurance rates than liking your customer. Risk. It's just math. The other companies can be wrong and you pay for it next year. 
View Quote
I am as low risk as can be:  No claims, ever.  17 years no tickets, no accidents, no claims.  I get it, it was my mistake not to shop around and I just assumed I was getting the best deal on USAA because of reasons.  You know what they say about assuming though ;)  Regardless, in a way, I'm glad they ticked me off, because it ended up saving me money.  If nothing else, I had my say about their policies and saved money in the process of dropping them.  

I'd encourage anyone that hasn't recently, get some quotes from other companies; you may be shocked at how much you save!
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Where are the veteran hive members who are leaving USAA going to?  Most of my business is there.  What options do I have?  I have seen Navy Fed and Pen Fed as an option.  I keep my emergency fund / checking in a local brick and mortar CU.  I liked USAA because I got all of my insurance and credit cards in one place (20 year member).  Is there a place like that or do I need to divest into multiple places for that?  I am a KISS type person, so if there is one bank or CU I can look into, I would appreciate it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:21:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So who is third on the list after Orielly, Hannity ?
View Quote
Tucker Carlson
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#50]
I'd like to see USAA move to advertising on Alex Jones, in between Super Male Vitality and Berkey Water Filters.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top