BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
no.  Simple hyperinsulinemia.  Base insulin levels often higher than the spike in normal people.  I've seen my numbers in the lab.
View Quote
From wiki:

While hyperinsulinemia is often seen in people with early stage type 2 diabetes mellitus, it is not the cause of the condition and is only one symptom of the disease
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
From wiki:
View Quote

Oh, you're serious?

Link Posted: 5/24/2017 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I am not God either, but I certainly know that humans weren't making bread and eating cereal and fucking candy bars or loading up on pasta 5k years ago and I imagine that they were a hell of a lot healthier than someone who does. And don't give me the nonsense about us living longer now. The only reason we live longer now is our medical advances.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I am not God either, but I certainly know that humans weren't making bread and eating cereal and fucking candy bars or loading up on pasta 5k years ago and I imagine that they were a hell of a lot healthier than someone who does. And don't give me the nonsense about us living longer now. The only reason we live longer now is our medical advances.
When humans moved from a hunter gatherer existence to an agricultural existence it enabled the population to grow because of a constant food source, but that population wasn't necessarily more healthy.

Nobody has mentioned the very northern people who live almost entirely on meat and animal fat. Or the people that live at high altitudes on yak butter, meat and milk. Some of them are long lived indeed.

Also nobody is mentioning beriberi or rickets, common conditions due to vitamin deficiencies. Beriberi prevalent in Asian societies from - white rice. 

Here's your "healthy Asian diet"

"In the late 19th century, beriberi was studied by Takaki Kanehiro, a British-trained Japanese medical doctor of the Japanese Navy.[url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beriberi#cite_note-Kanehiro-26][26][/url]Beriberi was a serious problem in the Japanese navy: sailors fell ill an average of four times a year in the period 1878 to 1881, and 35% were cases of beriberi.[url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beriberi#cite_note-Kanehiro-26][26][/url] In 1883, Kanehiro learned of a very high incidence of beriberi among cadets on a training mission from Japan to Hawaii, via New Zealand and South America. The voyage lasted more than 9 months and resulted in 169 cases of sickness and 25 deaths on a ship of 376 men. With the support of the Japanese Navy, he conducted an experiment in which another ship was deployed on the same route, except that its crew was fed a diet of meat, fish, barley, rice, and beans. At the end of the voyage, this crew had only 14 cases of beriberi and no deaths. This convinced Kanehiro and the Japanese Navy that diet was the cause.[url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beriberi#cite_note-Kanehiro-26][26][/url] In 1884, Kanehiro observed that beriberi was endemic among low-ranking crew who were often provided free rice and thus ate little else, but not among crews of Western navies and nor among Japanese officers who consumed a more varied diet."
Edited because my quote didn't work.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 5:28:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Oh, you're serious?

View Quote
I actually found the journal article from years back, I usually can't do that.

link

The pathway I listed above seems correct.  NEFAs lead to insulin resistance which would lead to hyperinsulinemia.

You should probably need to know this if you have type 2.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The Greeks mention baked bread products as far back as A.D.170.

Actually we don't live much (if any) longer now than we did a thousand years ago.
The difference in "life expectancy" between now and then is primarily due to infant and child mortality rates dropping significantly, there's also the dirty little secret of high infanticide rates (post-birth abortion so to speak) that our ancestors practiced pretty regularly.
If we factored in current abortion rates to modern life expectancy numbers we'd be right back to averaging what we were a thousand years ago.
Once humans made it to 10 years old or so we've always had a good run of it up into our 80's to 100 or so.
View Quote
This fact should be more widely known. 

Another factor in lowered life expectancy was death from war. Apparently war was a brutal bloodbath with mindboggling casualties - all before the invention of the gun.

But who needs history, amirite?
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 5:32:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Christ dude, eat a fucking vegetable.
View Quote
No no no, vegetables make you fat
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 5:43:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's not preferred. It's easier. Those are not synonyms. The easy way isn't always the best way.
View Quote
I think you're wrong. The easy way is the preferred way.  Just because modern science can demonstrate that it's better for us doesn't make it the preferred energy source from the pov of our bodies.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
From wiki:

While hyperinsulinemia is often seen in people with early stage type 2 diabetes mellitus, it is not the cause of the condition and is only one symptom of the disease
View Quote
This is the cause of type 2 diabetes, which was virtually unheard of before.

Attachment Attached File

Carbs were the base of this pyramid, sending the message to eat all you want. And Americans did, gobbling up refined grains and processed snacks like SnackWell cookies — that staple of the low-fat craze — in their quest to avoid the dreaded dietary fat.We know now that "carbohydrates worsen glucose and insulin — they have negative effects on blood cholesterol levels," as Dariush Mozaffarian, dean of the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University, told us back in 2014. In other words, he told us, replacing saturated fats with refined carbs "has not been useful advice."
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 5:49:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Been doing the Keto diet for just under 5 months. Down 80 pounds went from 46inch pants to 36 and 3xl shirt to a large.   The diet works if you stick to it and don't cheat at all. 
First couple weeks were rough for me. I kept my carbs under 20 a day for the first couple months and my body got used to it. 
View Quote
Holy shit!! 80lbs in 3 months?? any issues with loose skin shrinking that fast?

and fucking congrats man...that's awesome!
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 5:56:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Tagging for info. This is on the radar in the next few weeks now that my calories are under control
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So I've been on low carbs since Sunday. Yesterday afternoon, I started having real bad body chills that was almost flu like.
I came home from work and I just went straight to bed. Also feeling nauseous, and I'm squirting like a goose too.
Please tell me this will pass. No more body chills, but I'm sweating like a hog now though.
View Quote

I'm on week 8 of low carb. I never got the carb flu, but I did get some pretty bad diareah in the beginning. It did go away.

There are pros and cons of the diet...

Pros:
Not hungry
No bloating
A lot of energy
Can go pretty much the whole day without eating, I have to remind myself to eat.
Down 35 pounds in 8 weeks.

Cons:
It's incredibly boring. I no longer enjoy eating.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I ordered this electrolyte: www.amazon.com/dp/B000OP252CFeeling better today. Have a throbbing headache and body chills are gone--I'm just sweating like a hog now.
Guys at work want me to go to Hibachi Express with them.
Instead of rice, I can get extra veggies with my steak teriyaki. 
Only had water and one coffee so far today too.
View Quote
Teriyaki is sugar, man!  Lots and lots of sugar.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:08:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Your body uses carbs. Maybe try limiting calories while providing your body with the stuff it uses and you won't feel like ass.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:08:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Replace your daily weight of food with weight in potatoes and get back to me.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How low carb are you going? Around 50 a day, or less than 20 a day?

Every time I've ever went below 20 a day I get constipated.
View Quote

Starting a Metformin prescription at the same time cures constipation like you wouldn't believe. LOL
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:12:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Your body uses carbs. Maybe try limiting calories while providing your body with the stuff it uses and you won't feel like ass.
View Quote
 It's an energy source. As is fat. Starve off your body from the short term energy sources and it begins to use the long term energy stores

If you zilch out carbs entirely there are negative effects. Retaining around 30 grams isn't detrimental. Everybody goes through the flu symptoms when they decrease carb intake.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Thanks for shutting that guy up with that bitch slap.  This is the problem with Keto, it's like a cult, or like crossfit.  It's morphed into a social identity where people think they've taken the red pill and know better than everyone else (which of course appeals in particular to egotistical people), and have to virtue signal loudly all the time.  The truth is a lot more gray than they would believe, but they are so intent on starting with their conclusion and trying to fit the evidence to it (the opposite of scholarly activity), they dismiss anything and everything else.  It's pathetic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dr Norton is one of the leading sports nutritionists in the world and arguably THE leading protein synthesis expert. He's used his research to build himself into a world record power lifter and pro bodybuilder.

And it's not an opinion piece. It's never an opinion piece when a Doctor publishes a piece in his field, not to mention all the sources cited.

Keto diets were created for people with epilepsy. People jumped on board and it became a fad diet. There's no reason to do it unless you are a natural with very very low body fat and you are trying to get as lean as possible. Sub 10%. It's not viable. It's counter culture. It's like those vegan retards that eat nothing but carbs except not as bad because af least protein and fat are essential.
Thanks for shutting that guy up with that bitch slap.  This is the problem with Keto, it's like a cult, or like crossfit.  It's morphed into a social identity where people think they've taken the red pill and know better than everyone else (which of course appeals in particular to egotistical people), and have to virtue signal loudly all the time.  The truth is a lot more gray than they would believe, but they are so intent on starting with their conclusion and trying to fit the evidence to it (the opposite of scholarly activity), they dismiss anything and everything else.  It's pathetic.
We ketards are all N=1.  An army of personal experience.  I changed my life-- and it wasn't about the 27 pounds I lost.  My brain changed.  My fitness improved.

If you truly try it, for several months, and it doesn't work for you, then it's your loss.  We won't call you a tard.

But ketosis is a natural state for humans, at least those with some vestiges of a normal metabolic system.  The only tards are those calling others tards, after storming into these threads and calling BS on thousands of studies and millions of individuals for whom it works.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Have any of the carb loaders in here posted their A1C levels? I'm waiting patiently. Could be maybe they have fallen into a diabetic coma?
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
 It's an energy source. As is fat. Starve off your body from the short term energy sources and it begins to use the long term energy stores

If you zilch out carbs entirely there are negative effects. Retaining around 30 grams isn't detrimental. Everybody goes through the flu symptoms when they decrease carb intake.
View Quote
So all the eskimos who have no access to carbs thrived how? How did ancient man thrive? Don't give me the bullshit that they were making bread and eating grass.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It is a way of eliminating/controlling addictive behavior. Same as AA with alcoholics can't drink one drop or Dave Ramsey with Credit Card debt.
View Quote
This is true.  but it is other things-- it is the way most humans lived their entire lives, aside from maybe a few weeks a year, for nearly all of human history on earth.

The remarkable thing is how easily people fell for the "we need carbs" meme, and continue to do so.  The Food Pyramid ruined more lives than a world war.  Fuck the politicians who pushed it, with Big Agra, and the medical professionals who never looked beyond the government's scientifically unsupported position.

OP, stick with it.  And remember:  it's not JUST a low carb diet.  It's low carb HIGH FAT.  That's what makes it easy, fun and healthy.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:25:47 PM EDT
[#21]
I dont understand the mindset of avoiding as many carbs as you can as "hating eating now" or eating as "boring".

So you cant eat as much bread or pasta as you used to, big deal.

Some of the best tasting food isnt carb related at all.

Bread and pasta is boring to me now. I still eat it from time to time but its just a smaller piece of the overall picture of my daily eating.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Eggs, cheese, pork rind, bacon, sausage, coffee, Powerade Zero, and one Coke Zero/day.
View Quote
No vegetables? No Nuts? That sounds like a shitty diet.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No vegetables? No Nuts? That sounds like a shitty diet.
View Quote
Vegetables are a huge part of the keto diet.  You just have to be careful with them at the beginning, when you first transition into ketosis.

Carrots and tomatoes add up fast on the carb side.  This is okay once you're adapted.  But it's hard to eat too much leafy dark greens.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This is true.  but it is other things-- it is the way most humans lived their entire lives, aside from maybe a few weeks a year, for nearly all of human history on earth.

The remarkable thing is how easily people fell for the "we need carbs" meme, and continue to do so.  The Food Pyramid ruined more lives than a world war.  Fuck the politicians who pushed it, with Big Agra, and the medical professionals who never looked beyond the government's scientifically unsupported position.

OP, stick with it.  And remember:  it's not JUST a low carb diet.  It's low carb HIGH FAT.  That's what makes it easy, fun and healthy.
View Quote
As long as it's "healthy fat" which is not what we've been told for 100 or so years.

And humans ate meat from animals that grazed on grass so the fatty acid makeup of that meat was a little different. 

In other regions they ate whale and seal blubber. Whales eat krill. 

Keto food doesn't have to be boring. A salad with some grated cheese with stuff like marinated artichoke hearts slathered in avacodo oil is filling and delicious.

The cauliflower crust pizza seems to get good reviews as well.

There are websites and cookbooks. 
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:42:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Read Gary Taubes' Why We Get Fat And What To Do About It.  We metabolize carbs differently than fats.  High cholesterol and triglycerides come from carbs, not from fat.  I've seen my numbers drop through the floor when I go low carb.  My problem is that it's hard for me to stick with it long term.  As the saying goes, "eat liberally of meat, fish, fowl and fat", and have lots of leafy green vegetables.  My sister calls it the Nothing White diet: lay off the flour, sugar, rice, pasta, potatoes, etc.  It works.  And no, calories in do not necessarily equal calories out.

OP needs to vary his diet, and lay off the Gatorade and diet soda.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I dont understand the mindset of avoiding as many carbs as you can as "hating eating now" or eating as "boring".

So you cant eat as much bread or pasta as you used to, big deal.

Some of the best tasting food isnt carb related at all.

Bread and pasta is boring to me now. I still eat it from time to time but its just a smaller piece of the overall picture of my daily eating.
View Quote
That might be the most interesting part.  I went low carb years ago.  Not for weight loss but for better health.  First off I got a lot leaner and it was in decent shape to start.  I was also able to resume running on pavement as several inflammation related injuries disappeared.  

Things like bread and pasta aren't even interesting to me anymore.  I take the bread off sandwiches.  All the breads and pastas are the same to me; big doughy wads with no real flavor, texture, or nutrition.  I like a little ice cream now an then and maybe treats like potato chips and stuff.  But the whole "staple" thing of starches has just gone away as a concept.  Paleo food is so full of flavor and texture and nutrients that after a few years it's all you want.  The body remembers.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Have any of the carb loaders in here posted their A1C levels? I'm waiting patiently. Could be maybe they have fallen into a diabetic coma?
View Quote

I cut carbs and sugar out and started walking daily.

In 2016 I dropped 116 lbs, and in 14 months took my A1c from 9.5 to 4.5.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:55:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Two best parts- low energy and no pooping
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

As long as it's "healthy fat" which is not what we've been told for 100 or so years.

And humans ate meat from animals that grazed on grass so the fatty acid makeup of that meat was a little different. 

In other regions they ate whale and seal blubber. Whales eat krill. 

Keto food doesn't have to be boring. A salad with some grated cheese with stuff like marinated artichoke hearts slathered in avacodo oil is filling and delicious.

The cauliflower crust pizza seems to get good reviews as well.

There are websites and cookbooks. 
View Quote
I thought artichokes are the one green veggie you shouldn't get anywhere near on keto.

Apparently I was wrong, they're not too bad net.

This changes things, I can eat my favorite meal, artichokes, crab, and butter.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 7:14:07 PM EDT
[#30]
If it has not yet been posted, get some broth made from bones, add salt, simmer it after browning said bones (simmer quite a long time IMO).  Add pepper if you want, goal is to make a broth that is salty.   Then you can freeze it or do what you will with said broth, then when you heat it up add dark leafy vegetables, and or eggs if that's your thing- eggs and avocados do not disgest so well so take care. Nothing like having a stomach on top of everything else.  

Perhaps a pickle juice would help but you would have to look at the ingredients, even sauerkraut juice or sauerkraut added into the broth.   Just check the ingredients, it is normal to shit a lot do to lack of fibrous vegetables, it takes awhile to get used to it IE about a  week or so.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#31]
All this argument over two different diets for different goals. Yes carbs can be beneficial to an athlete/weight lifter who isn't looking to drop weight. Keto is for dropping weight without muscle loss. Fad? I did my first keto cut in 1999. I have yet to see a Bodybuilder, even those loaded on 10k worth of drugs, shovel brown rice into their mouth while cutting for a show.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#32]
You have the Keto Flu. Take a bullion cube put it in a cup of water and drink it. 
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 8:20:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So all the eskimos who have no access to carbs thrived how? How did ancient man thrive? Don't give me the bullshit that they were making bread and eating grass.
View Quote
How is it "bullshit" that we have evidence of bread making going back at least 2100 years?

The Apache Indians basically lived on a high carb, low fat, low protein diet (mesquite bean, yucca and venison jerky mixed and pounded into "pemmican" cakes) and were renowned for their endurance, often running 100 miles or more in a day.
Geronimo lived a brutal life in the desert southwest on that diet and lived to be 79 years old and there's nobody that can dispute his strength and endurance.

Processed foods (especially high fructose corn syrup) are what destroyed the health of modern man not the carb to fat to protein ratios.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I try to stay out of GD nutrition and fitness threads because it's always so backwards from what science and the professionals say. I understand the appeal of wanting to jump on something trendy but damn, it gets bad here.

I have the same issue with vegan cyclists and a trend that's growing to basically eat nothing but carbs. These guys will make a raspberry smoothie and pour a cup of sugar in it. They are all super thin of course so they therefore think it's the best option. Many of them leave out the fact that they are on testosterone because their hormone levels are so jacked from lack of fat but hey, let's leave out the stuff that doesn't fit your narrative right?
View Quote
Go be fat somewhere else.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I think you're wrong. The easy way is the preferred way.  Just because modern science can demonstrate that it's better for us doesn't make it the preferred energy source from the pov of our bodies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not preferred. It's easier. Those are not synonyms. The easy way isn't always the best way.
LOL. Well, since you think that I guess it's settled. Boys, we can all hang it up and start eating candy bars since sugar is the body's preferred energy source. Don't believe me? FreeFloater, our resident expert, says so.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:18:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

How is it "bullshit" that we have evidence of bread making going back at least 2100 years?

The Apache Indians basically lived on a high carb, low fat, low protein diet (mesquite bean, yucca and venison jerky mixed and pounded into "pemmican" cakes) and were renowned for their endurance, often running 100 miles or more in a day.
Geronimo lived a brutal life in the desert southwest on that diet and lived to be 79 years old and there's nobody that can dispute his strength and endurance.

Processed foods (especially high fructose corn syrup) are what destroyed the health of modern man not the carb to fat to protein ratios.
View Quote
Pemmican is high fat. Lots of calories. No beriberi.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:32:14 PM EDT
[#37]
These nutrition threads always get so heated. GD takes their dieting methodologies very seriously!
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:38:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Pemmican is high fat. Lots of calories. No beriberi.
View Quote
Not the way it's made in the desert southwest.
Yucca is pretty much a potato as far as carbs go, that's the primary ingredient.
Mesquite beans are high protein and basically no fat.
Venison or rabbit are high protein and very low fat.
Nothing in the desert has a high fat content except the very rare black bear in the high country (and Apaches don't eat bear).
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:39:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
These nutrition threads always get so heated. GD takes their dieting methodologies very seriously!
View Quote
Which is strange for a bunch of fat asses.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:41:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
LOL. Well, since you think that I guess it's settled. Boys, we can all hang it up and start eating candy bars since sugar is the body's preferred energy source. Don't believe me? FreeFloater, our resident expert, says so.
View Quote
Hyperbole and absurdity is why nobody takes GD-ketards serious.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:42:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's so much fun to watch (read)!
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:43:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Is there a time frame to flush out the carbs from your system?

Say, I go low carb for a few days, maybe under 20g. Then I have a carb binge where I eat and drink lots of carb stuff like beer and go about 150ish. Overnight? 24-72 hours? 
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:51:09 PM EDT
[#43]
BEWARE! Everyone that I know who has lost weight RAPIDLY with lo-carb diets has lost their gallbladder. Mine had no stones, but it just stopped working. My wife had hers out. My aunt had hers out. My dad had his out. Even Dr Nowazardian or however you spell his name on 600 lb life said this can happen with rapid weight loss. Many people might think this is BS, but it really makes sense.

I'm on the lowish carb diet I think permanently now. Mostly what I eat is BBQ (pork or chicken), Del Taco grilled chicken tacos re-loaded into a carb balance tortilla or some sort of chicken wraps. Maybe once a week, I have a day where I eat something with more carbs. I like being able to wear my 2x shirts and 42 pants. 6'1" 275 now. Highest I ever weighed was 317 and that was probably 10 years ago. It's not too hard to keep up this way of eating. Just try to stay under 50-75 carbs per day. I get more exercise at work now too since I am no longer chained to a desk.

If I feel like having a treat, I take a bit of someone elses treat.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:57:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Try some mortons light salt and a little dark chocolate.

Sodium potassium and magnesium.

I go back and fourth from keto to cheating pretty frequently. For me i just am a little hungrier the day after a carb day. Happens if i drink too much too.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:08:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You don't have to take me serious. Keep on being fat. It doesn't hurt me any.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:20:34 PM EDT
[#46]
You may have overdone it. As already stated, you could be suffering from low blood sugar. Have a spoon full of peanut butter. If it helps, you are running on empty.
What is your goal? If you want to lose weight, we are doing very well keeping it under 40 mg/day. Do you cook? Lots of great recipes and ideas on the interwebs. Make sure to get enough fats, and don't skimp on portions. No need to go designer either, just eat the good stuff, no low fat, low cal, low taste, low nothing. They are usually full of sugar anyway.  How did your grandparents (or maybe great-grandparents) eat? You may look in to that.
I would suggest looking up some guidelines on this, you can hurt yourself if done recklessly.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:22:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You want me to replace all the bacon cheeseburgers and pizza I live on with potatoes. Lol no.
Now you go ahead and get 100 carbs a day all from green veggies and get back to me
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:13:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Teriyaki is sugar, man!  Lots and lots of sugar.
View Quote
They serve the terriyaki as a dipping sauce.
Needless to say, I didn't dip my meat in that sweet, delicious sauce. 
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:52:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
What are you...9 years old?

We've demonstrated that the body will burn sugar before fat.  How can anyone defend the notion that the body prefers to burn fat?  It clearly prefers to burn sugar.  It was offered that burning sugar is the easy (lazy) way out.  The body seems to prefer the easy way out.  Again...there's nothing you've presented so far to contradict this.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top