Tier 1 Operator NOT running ARFCOM approved tier one equipment

Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:29:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How's that rock?
View Quote
LOL.

I'm familiar with Benghazi, but I don't remember all the names.  Don't intend to either.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I need to watch that movie again
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:32:39 PM EDT
[#4]
He seems like a really nice down-to-Earth kind of guy. I have to give credit to him and others like him for their service. I can only imagine what went through their minds as our "political leaders" didn't care to do what needed to be done for them in Benghazi and other places around the globe.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

LOL.

I'm familiar with Benghazi, but I don't remember all the names.  Don't intend to either.
View Quote
Kinda shitty of you.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:34:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Global Response Staff members are in fact employed by the CIA.
View Quote
LOL.

Sounds like they are employed by Global Response which is (was) contracted by the CIA.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:36:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've been equally pleased with my old Bushmaster as Tanto is with his. I'll never get rid of this rifle.
View Quote
I have a Texas carbine bushy. I love it. Great gun. But it's on the right side of THE CHART!
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Kinda shitty of you.
View Quote
I don't mean it as an insult.  Off the top of my head I can't remember the names of the two guys that volunteered to die in Blackhawk Down either.  I read the book a long time ago and I don't have a personal connection with them, but I remember what they did.

Guys like Audie Murphy and Alvin York that became more of a cultural icon are easier to remember, and I do know their names.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:40:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
'Tanto' was one of the CIA guys GRS contractors in Benghazi when the attack happened.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I still have my first AR too, although last year I replaced the rail.

Am I supposed to know who that guy is?
'Tanto' was one of the CIA guys GRS contractors in Benghazi when the attack happened.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:42:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYcgdo3F70I
View Quote
Operator?  I thought he was one of the security guards at Bhengazi?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:48:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Part of his bio:

http://www.kristantoparonto.com/bio/

Kris Paronto - “Tanto” as he is affectionately known in security contracting circles - is a former Army Ranger from 2nd Battalion 75th Ranger Regiment and private security contractor who has deployed throughout South America, Central America, the Middle East and North Africa. He also worked with the US Government’s Global Response Staff conducting low profile security in high threat environments throughout the world.Mr. Paronto was part of the CIA annex security team that responded to the terrorist attack on the US Special Mission in Benghazi, Libya, September 11th, 2012, helping to save over 20 lives while fighting off terrorists from the CIA Annex for over 13 hours. Mr. Paronto’s story is told in the book “13 Hours” written by Mitchell Zuckoff and his five surviving annex security team members.Mr. Paronto was born in Alamosa, Colorado and obtained his Associate Degree from Dixie College (now Dixie State University) in St. George, Utah, Bachelor’s Degree from Mesa State College in Grand Junction, Colorado and Masters Degree from The University of Nebraska at Omaha. He served 4 years in the US Army and an additional 4 years in the US Army National Guard reaching the rank of Sergeant then becoming a commissioned officer in 2003. He started contracting for Blackwater Security Consulting in 2003 and continued to deploy on various security contracts, to include the Global Response Staff until 2013.Mr. Paronto has been involved in security operations in hostile environments for over 10 years. His team’s involvement with the September 11th, 2012 attack on the US special mission in Benghazi, Libya was paramount in the saving of US lives and assets. He is a proven leader, teammate and friend to those who have deployed with him, and a devout father to three children.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:07:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Okay, bushmaster has had problems but it's not like every gun they made sucked. 
View Quote
I prefer ones with the old rollmark.

Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Probably like a FSP through just about any red dot.  Was that a trick question?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wonder what the FSP looks like through the aimpoint. . .
Probably like a FSP through just about any red dot.  Was that a trick question?
It looks like it's sitting pretty low on the rifle. I had a similar aimpoint in an ARMS mount just like that, but it had a spacer to move the red dot a little higher.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:13:32 PM EDT
[#14]
With the amount of airbrushing done to that photo I highly doubt that's anything but a paid promo.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#15]
My first AR was a Bushmaster XM15 16" (back in 2005.) I still have it, & it still works very well. Goes bang every time.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:35:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Good for him.  I'm glad he's got a setup he likes.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:41:16 PM EDT
[#17]
I still have my original that I built in 2012, I did swap the carry handle for an Aimpoint and have swapped a few small parts, including the FCG, charging handle and endplate.

I also swapped the DPMS stripped lower for a PSA stripped lower, so technically it isn't the same rifle, but whatever.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Kinda shitty of you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.

Kinda shitty of you.
Nah, he's just here to be above all this.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:44:02 PM EDT
[#19]
My first ar was a bushy as well (hence the name). It was gtg.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Probably was my third rifle.  A ban era Bushwacker that has a stamp and other parts.  

Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#22]
I have 2 one sucks and one works great.  

The sucky one is a clinton era ban rifle with the comp.  I recently cut that off, I may finally get around to seeing if I can make it work.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Meh.

It can be the original rifle... my first AR was an M&P15.  Bought it right after the ban lifted.

All that is original on it now is the lower...
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I saw the movie but had no idea who he was.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HOW DARE YOU NOT KNOW EVERY NAME OF EVERY PERSON FROM EVERY BATTLE EVER FOUGHT EVER
I saw the movie but had no idea who he was.
How were you able to figure it out?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#25]
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#26]
I've still got my first AR. It's a Bushmaster Shorty Carbine A3 AWB era, no threads no lug.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:00:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:28:52 PM EDT
[#28]
I bought a post-ban Bushmaster carbine, A1 upper, heavy barrel and fixed stock, around 2000.  Put thousands of rounds through it, including a 3-day Pat Rogers class in 2004.  Don't recall any problems.  

Bought a M&P flattop around '07 and sold the BM just after BHO was elected.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:32:10 PM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Okay, bushmaster has had problems but it's not like every gun they made sucked. 
My first AR was a Bushy. It was solid.

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb428/GreybullPrecision/JohnBobcat.jpg
You're really tan. Did you know that?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#30]
I saw this yesterday and was waiting for the keyboard commandos to lose their minds. Haven't been to TOS yet, but imagine there'll be some bans IF they even allow this type of thread to remain open.

For as bad as Bushmaster rifles are made out to be, there sure are a lot of owners who have good experiences. Myself included. What's funny is that I've seen people who buy into the idea they're trash, but will turn around and admit they have, or had one that was crazy reliable and accurate; all day everyday. Absolutely love my XM15 Patrolman's carbine.  

But, I'm no operator. Kris, on the other hand, is the real deal. Don't forget Travis Haley used one in some pretty intense firefights as well.  And then we've got one of the biggest contracting firms using them exclusively. Those firms get to choose what they carry, so sticking with any brand is saying something.

They're not the greatest rifles ever made. But, they're far from the hobby-grade junk some make them out to be.

ETA: I just watched this yesterday. And have watched it a couple more times. Definitely worth an hour of your time.

13 Hours Speech - Kris Paronto
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Sure thing Seinfeld.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Sure thing Seinfeld.

snort. I thought the same thing
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Do you even do curls, bro?

Not a damn thing wrong with Bushwackers...
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote
Dude, you look like Jerry Seinfeld.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#34]
My first AR was a Windham Bushmaster.  Still have it, still like it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:11:59 PM EDT
[#35]
I got my first when I was 17.  It was a used Colt, with a happy switch.  Paid zero dollars.  Came with a haircut.  

Abused the hell out of it and it kept working, so my first civilian AR was a Colt.  

OMG!  The fit and finish!

Whatever sparky.  It's a Timex.  Not everyone needs or wants a Rolex.  Sometimes it's just good enough to be able tell other people what time it is, so to speak.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'd take a frankengun I built myself over a factory gun, because I know it was built right.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Wonder what the FSP looks like through the aimpoint. . .
View Quote
I have a rifle set up like that. Honestly when I am focusing on the target I only notice the FSB as shadow in the lower part of my vision.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:31:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I don't mean it as an insult.  Off the top of my head I can't remember the names of the two guys that volunteered to die in Blackhawk Down either.  I read the book a long time ago and I don't have a personal connection with them, but I remember what they did.

Guys like Audie Murphy and Alvin York that became more of a cultural icon are easier to remember, and I do know their names.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kinda shitty of you.

Guys like Audie Murphy and Alvin York became icons because this country once cared about and revered it's warriors.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
LOL.

Sounds like they are employed by Global Response which is (was) contracted by the CIA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.

Global Response is the fictitious name they gave the program/company for the book and movie at the CIA's insistence.  The book is very upfront about the CIA reviewing and changing some of the facts like weapon systems, personnel names, program names,company names,etc. for operational security.  

Those guys worked for one of the big name overseas contract security companies.  I would actually see ads for that job on some of the contractor boards all the time from 2009 to about 2011, but I was not high speed enough to even bother putting in a resume.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd take a frankengun I built myself over a factory gun, because I know it was built right.
If you know what are doing, and are using quality parts a home built one can easily surpass any factory rifle.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#41]
If it works, it works. Doesn't matter who makes it. I'm sure there's some shitty DPMS Sportical on a rental range somewhere with 50K plus through it and likewise there's a Colt 6920 that shit the bed in the first magazine.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:40:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Global Response is the fictitious name they gave the program/company for the book and movie at the CIA's insistence.  The book is very upfront about the CIA reviewing and changing some of the facts like weapon systems, personnel names, program names,company names,etc. for operational security.  

Those guys worked for one of the big name overseas contract security companies.  I would actually see ads for that job on some of the contractor boards all the time from 2009 to about 2011, but I was not high speed enough to even bother putting in a resume.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.

?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:45:14 PM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.

?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/101563/image-215039.JPG
OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC  You're releasing super sekrit info on OGA Mobile.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:52:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Guys like Audie Murphy and Alvin York became icons because this country once cared about and revered it's warriors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kinda shitty of you.

This generation has guys like Chris Kyle, Marcus Luttrell, and Pat Tillman. I think if you mentioned them most Americans would know who they were.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:53:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC  You're releasing super sekrit info on OGA Mobile.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.

?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/101563/image-215039.JPG
I'm currently working on a "tell all" biography, it will be one paragraph.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:56:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This generation has guys like Chris Kyle, Marcus Luttrell, and Pat Tillman. I think if you mentioned them most Americans would know who they were.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kinda shitty of you.

True but those guys get shit on extensively here.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#47]
So many of the true badasses, the ones who've been there and done that, are also the coolest, most humble folks you'd ever meet.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

True but those guys get shit on extensively here.
View Quote
Never saw Tillman get shit on, but the other two would probably have better reputations had they not lied and/or embellished their stories.

Even if I didn't have an opinion on Marcus, I sure as hell got one after his comments about Obama's gun control.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Well,at least he isn't using that shitty M4 stock they have to put on everything
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:35:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Rangers are Tier 1?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top