Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 26
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 6:48:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Where are all of Obama's tapes if the media wants to get all up in private conversations between WH staff and world leaders? CNN is talking about impeachment trials and grand jury's right now.....
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 6:48:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wonder if he maintained a CYA file on Obama too. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Write contemporaneous memo - file in case file.  Easy.
True, could have been done by anybody after he left and they needed a storyline....
Unless scanned copies of the memos were filed in the FBI electronic case file system.  And/or Comey emailed copies to several of his FBI senior management.  Or had someone witness them.  He's no dummy; I'm sure he documented what happened and documented it well.
Maybe.  A smart person would document everything if their supervisor was trying to ethically or professionally compromise them.  I certainly would.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Maybe.  A smart person would document everything if their supervisor was trying to ethically or professionally compromise them.  I certainly would.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Write contemporaneous memo - file in case file.  Easy.
True, could have been done by anybody after he left and they needed a storyline....
Unless scanned copies of the memos were filed in the FBI electronic case file system.  And/or Comey emailed copies to several of his FBI senior management.  Or had someone witness them.  He's no dummy; I'm sure he documented what happened and documented it well.
What would it take to get a peek at such documents?

eta:  Would they ever see the light of day given that Obama apparently never pissed Comey off?
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The media runs it as a headline, even tho they admit they haven't seen the memo.  Only a source has described it to them.

Basically anyone at this point can call the NYT, WaPo or CNN and say anything and they'll run it as a breaking headline.

Journalism is dead.
View Quote
What will you say when the memo is revealed to exist?  Scratch that, I already know what you'll say.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 6:56:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Brian Williams claims he has a copy of Comeys self written memo.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 6:56:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Trump is getting very close to the swamp. That's what this is. Soon he'll have a new director to really start the drainage. MAGA!
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 6:56:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What will you say when the memo is revealed to exist?  Scratch that, I already know what you'll say.
View Quote
Comey would have gone public if Trump tried to influence any FBI investigation.

This is fake news.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 6:56:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like Comey really wanted to keep his job, and Trump didn't like to be black mailed.

Sad.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And a small collection of shit-posters race each other here to post it and express their "concern" about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The media runs it as a headline, even tho they admit they haven't seen the memo.  Only a source has described it to them.

Basically anyone at this point can call the NYT, WaPo or CNN and say anything and they'll run it as a breaking headline.

Journalism is dead.
And a small collection of shit-posters race each other here to post it and express their "concern" about it.
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not "concerned" at all.  I'm "laughing at all the Trump nut lickers".  The constant pivots, excuses, denials and relativism are hilarious to behold.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 6:57:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Journalism is dead.
I think the point is that the NYT should have had the journalistic integrity confirm that the memo is real before publishing an inflammatory and damaging story.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#11]
There's nothing to worry about.

President Trump will simply release his "tapes" of he meeting, and prove that a Comey lied and the memo is false!
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:00:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
According to NYT it is an unclassified memo.  So where is it?  How is their source able to read it to them but not provide an actual copy to see?
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Holy fuck some of you girls are so fucking fragile when it comes to "the one who's balls you would cup"
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:02:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I wonder if this thread is going to take the same turn from "hurr durr fake news you're a troll because I can't handle opposing opinions I need my arfcom safe space" to "OK Trump did it, so what?"

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1994178_WaPo--Trump-revealed-classified-information-to-Russian-officials-during-White-House-meeting.html
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:03:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:04:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I wonder if this thread is going to take the same turn from "hurr durr fake news you're a troll because I can't handle opposing opinions I need my arfcom safe space" to "OK Trump did it, so what?"

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1994178_WaPo--Trump-revealed-classified-information-to-Russian-officials-during-White-House-meeting.html
View Quote
That usually takes 8-12 hours to develop.  Wait for Trump's tweets tomorrow on this subject.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Full article here:  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html?mtrref=t.co&gwh=58F0B57C4DBE122B37FF4D0C199C5794&gwt=pay

WASHINGTON — President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo that Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.

“I hope you can let this go,” the president told Mr. Comey, according to the memo.

The existence of Mr. Trump’s request is the clearest evidence that the president has tried to directly influence the Justice Department and F.B.I. investigation into links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia.
View Quote
Article mentions that Comey wrote and filed memos detailing all of his interactions with Trump...should be interesting what else turns up...
View Quote

Not that's it has ever happened before, but assume that a leak from an anonymous source to the NYT is true and accurate. How do you see this playing out, OP? What do you expect to happen, and what do you wish would happen?
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Did what exactly?
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not "concerned" at all.  I'm "laughing at all the Trump nut lickers".  The constant pivots, excuses, denials and relativism are hilarious to behold.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Journalism is dead.
So someone expressing doubt about a memo that has yet to be proven to exist that was supposedly leaked from an anonymous source to news organizations known to jump the gun and are hostile toward conservatives is now classified as being a "nut licker" now?
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
http://archive.is/V5QWA#selection-1641.0-1641.199

Damn ball cupping Israeli Ambassadors.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:08:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Did what exactly?
View Quote
Why would you do something as dishonest as leaving out the link I posted when you quoted me?
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:08:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Not that's it has ever happened before, but assume that a leak from an anonymous source to the NYT is true and accurate. How do you see this playing out, OP? What do you expect to happen, and what do you wish would happen?
View Quote
Bullet Spo thinks Trump tried to interfere with FBI and Comey thought the best plan of action was to write a sternly worded memo.

#NEVERTRUMPERs love them some NYT Fake News.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Full article here:  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html?mtrref=t.co&gwh=58F0B57C4DBE122B37FF4D0C199C5794&gwt=pay

WASHINGTON — President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo that Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.

“I hope you can let this go,” the president told Mr. Comey, according to the memo.

The existence of Mr. Trump’s request is the clearest evidence that the president has tried to directly influence the Justice Department and F.B.I. investigation into links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia.
Article mentions that Comey wrote and filed memos detailing all of his interactions with Trump...should be interesting what else turns up...

I'm a cynic by nature so I don't expect anything to happen.  If there's evidence that Trump obstructed justice by trying to shut down the Flynn investigation (or any other federal investigation) - I want to see it.  Conversely, if Trump has some exculpatory evidence in the form of "tapes" - I want to see those, too.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:09:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm sure some Congress critters will be asking for it shortly...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Without the actual memo, I don't believe it.
I'm sure some Congress critters will be asking for it shortly...
Right after they get his weekly ice cream consumption report.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:10:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

President Trump will simply release his "tapes" of he meeting, and prove that a Comey lied and the memo is false!
View Quote
If its false, why even dignify it with a response? The media comes up with whatever story they want and all of a sudden they demand and get audio tapes from the White House? Get out of here. Release Obama's tapes when he was dealing with Iran, the Benghazi disaster, or the 1000s of other scandals he was involved in while they are at it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:10:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Got to love that shit. Obama never even stooped low enough to ask a FBI Director for loyal TO Obama. And Obama never asked the FBI Director to kill the Hilary investigation. YET.... Everyone views Obama as the closest we've ever been to a TYRANT 

But if Trump does and it's proven. They all shrug their shoulders and say "oh well." Or "so what????".

I'm not defending Obama I hate the guy. But if Obama was reported to do that, this place would be calling for ARMED removal of the President. In order to save the Republic. 

Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

http://archive.is/V5QWA#selection-1641.0-1641.199

Damn ball cupping Israeli Ambassadors.
View Quote
You're missing the point.  I don't care what Trump does. I don't care if he told the Russians his great great grammie's top secret sauce recipe.  I don't care if he did ask Comey to end the Flynn investigation.  I'm merely entertained by arfcom version of DU.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
You can see the evolution to that in the various responses already.  Every nugget on Trump goes through the same steps.

Complete denial.  "Memo?  Comey ain't got no fucking memo.  FAKE NEWS."

Deflection.  "There is a memo?  It's a fake memo.  Comey made it up.  Just like Obama's birth certificate."

Relativism/whataboutism.   "Trump asked him to lay off the investigation?  What about the time Hillary tried to get the Benghazi hearings stopped?  CHECKMATE."

Acceptance.  "Good, I'm glad Trump tried to get Comey to stop the Flynn investigation, fuck those faggots anyway.  At least liberals heads are exploding over this."

It's all very Alinsky, if you ask me.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
And Obama never asked the FBI Director to kill the Hilary investigation.
View Quote
I kinda remember him having his Attorney General meet with Bill Clinton on a tarmac somewhere.  I'm sure that discussion was just about their grandkids tho.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:12:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You're missing the point.  I don't care what Trump does. I don't care if he told the Russians his great great grammie's top secret sauce recipe.  I don't care if he did ask Comey to end the Flynn investigation.  I'm merely entertained by arfcom version of DU.
View Quote
Most people don't like to be called cock suckers. lol
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
So in your hallucination Comey figured a sternly worded memo was the right response to the President obstructing justice?

Duly noted.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Why would you do something as dishonest as leaving out the link I posted when you quoted me?
View Quote
Listen buttercup, you are delusional.

I just asked what Trump did exactly.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:14:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You can see the evolution to that in the various responses already.  Every nugget on Trump goes through the same steps.

Deflection.  "There is a memo?  It's a fake memo.  Comey made it up.  Just like Obama's birth certificate."

Relativism/whataboutism.   "Trump asked him to lay off the investigation?  What about the time Hillary tried to get the Benghazi hearings stopped?  CHECKMATE."

Acceptance.  "Good, I'm glad Trump tried to get Comey to stop the Flynn investigation, fuck those faggots anyway.  At least liberals heads are exploding over this."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump could be impeached, and then tried and convicted for some serious felonies - and as he was being perp-walked into his cell at FCI Leavenworth you'd still have a few people here saying "You NeverTrump tards!  Trump's got you right where he wants you!"
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:15:15 PM EDT
[#34]
-Unnamed sources.

-NY Times.

-White House openly says BS.

-Even Andrew McCabe says Trump never tried to interfere.

I love how the press is so concerned that Trump might be recording conversations, but Comey writing conversations down is apparently the mark of a True Patriot.

(For the record, they both absolutely have the right to do either; the double standard applied by the press is staggering.)
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:15:26 PM EDT
[#35]
So,  at this point,  Comey writing a memo to himself saying the guy who fired him asked him to stop an investigation means exactly what?

Trump could write a memo to himself saying that Comey told him he wasn't under investigation.

Aside from the media bias in coverage,  why would either be compelling without supporting evidence?
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:16:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Got to love that shit. Obama never even stooped low enough to ask a FBI Director for loyal TO Obama. And Obama never asked the FBI Director to kill the Hilary investigation. YET.... Every views Obama as the closest we've ever been to a TYRANT 

But if Trump doesn't and it's proven. They all shrug their shoulders and say "oh well." Or "so what????".

I'm not defending Obama I hate the guy. But if Obama was reported to do that, this place would be calling for ARMED removal of the President. In order to save the Republic. 

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got to love that shit. Obama never even stooped low enough to ask a FBI Director for loyal TO Obama. And Obama never asked the FBI Director to kill the Hilary investigation. YET.... Every views Obama as the closest we've ever been to a TYRANT 

But if Trump doesn't and it's proven. They all shrug their shoulders and say "oh well." Or "so what????".

You pretty much nailed it. Both sides of the political spectrum do it when their guy is in charge.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:18:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
-Unnamed sources.

-NY Times.

-White House openly says BS.

-Even Andrew McCabe says Trump never tried to interfere.

I love how the press is so concerned that Trump might be recording conversations, but Comey writing conversations down is apparently the mark of a True Patriot.

(For the record, they both absolutely have the right to do either; the double standard applied by the press is staggering.)
View Quote
You sound like an Alinsky ball cupper of Trump!!!

Ball cupper!

Hey everyone this guy  Cups balls!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:19:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I kinda remember him having his Attorney General meet with Bill Clinton on a tarmac somewhere.  I'm sure that discussion was just about their grandkids tho.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And Obama never asked the FBI Director to kill the Hilary investigation.
GTFO DRUMPF IS LITERALLY HITLER AND OBAMA HAD THE MOST TRANSPARENT REGIME EVER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:19:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Trump could write a memo to himself saying that Comey told him he wasn't under investigation.
View Quote
Trump basically *did* do this with the letter that he fired Comey with.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:21:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If its false, why even dignify it with a response? The media comes up with whatever story they want and all of a sudden they demand and get audio tapes from the White House? Get out of here. Release Obama's tapes when he was dealing with Iran, the Benghazi disaster, or the 1000s of other scandals he was involved in while they are at it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just last week, the President used the threat of the "tapes" to caution Comey about telling lies about what was said in their meetings.

Well, now Comey's saying stuff about their meetings, and the President is saying that he's lying.

Seems like it's time to release those tapes.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:21:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Trump could be impeached, and then tried and convicted for some serious felonies - and as he was being perp-walked into his cell at FCI Leavenworth you'd still have a few people here saying "You NeverTrump tards!  Trump's got you right where he wants you!"
View Quote
Here we observe the classic #NEVERTRUMPER hallucination where they actually see Trump being perp walked.

We are treated to the voices in there head as they relive the hallucination like a video loop.

This hallucination is indistinguishable from real life for the #NEVERTRUMPER.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Looks like the floodgates are opening with additional reporting / sources...
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Yep, Trump is getting close to the swamps main drain.

The infection in the swamp is trying to maintain the fight and getting bolder and louder with each new rock uncovered.

By the time this has peaked, the thousands of socialists in federal employment, will be squeaking louder than a passing train.

Fuck be upon these shit stains and the damage they've done over the last 20 years.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So in your hallucination Comey figured a sternly worded memo was the right response to the President obstructing justice?

Duly noted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Duly noted.
I made no such suggestion.  I believe that Comey is lying.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:23:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Trump basically *did* do this with the letter that he fired Comey with.
View Quote
That's kinda my point.  

Right now,  absent other evidence,  why is either compelling?

On a side note,  the media bias is pathetic.  They gave up even pretending to be unbiased reporters this past election cycle
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:23:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Just last week, the President used the threat of the "tapes" to caution Comey about telling lies about what was said in their meetings.

Well, now Comey's saying stuff about their meetings, and the President is saying that he's lying.

Seems like it's time to release those tapes.
View Quote
Please provide Comey's exact quote you heard in your hallucination when he was "saying stuff".

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:23:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I'm a cynic by nature so I don't expect anything to happen.  If there's evidence that Trump obstructed justice by trying to shut down the Flynn investigation (or any other federal investigation) - I want to see it.  Conversely, if Trump has some exculpatory evidence in the form of "tapes" - I want to see those, too.
View Quote
To what end? Wouldn't Comey incriminate himself by disclosing that he had evidence of obstruction of justice but ignored it and simply wrote a memo? Do you want to see him charged?

Or, do you believe that the President should be impreached?
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:24:13 PM EDT
[#49]
where's the memo about those who shut down the investigation into the murder of President Kennedy?
or the Franklin Scandal or Mena or Vince Foster, or how many scandals can dance in front of the Moloch display at Bohemian Grove....
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I made no such suggestion.  I believe that Comey is lying.  
View Quote
What exactly did Comey say?
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top