User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 3:37:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You must have, cause Forker has been calling shit pretty damn straight for a while now...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

forker talking down about NeverTrumpers?

Did I miss something?
You must have, cause Forker has been calling shit pretty damn straight for a while now...
Damn, that slipped past me somehow.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 4:33:47 AM EDT
[#2]
The media is seemingly worse than ever.

Just watched both McMaster press conferences. How fucking worthless most of the media is.

Biggest threat to national security: liberals leaking governmental info because they don't like the president.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 5:45:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The media is seemingly worse than ever.

Just watched both McMaster press conferences. How fucking worthless most of the media is.

Biggest threat to national security: liberals leaking governmental info because they don't like the president.
View Quote
Even the kinder, gentler Fox News is starting to expose that it's veering off to the left.  While I don't think they were exactly conservative before (they play to ratings and audience share, nothing more), at least they were a platform that allowed conservative voices to speak.  Watching yesterday for a while it was one Trump hit piece after another.  

And some of the liberal guests they have on are pretty far over the edge.  It makes you wonder if a recovery is even possible.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 5:51:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hey guys!!!

This crisis is over and we're on to the next one:  Trump allegedly asked Comey not to investigate Flynn!!!

Oh teh noes!!!
View Quote
This one is actually potentially legit, the subject of this thread is pure derp.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 10:39:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't be obtuse. Federal law is not the beginning and end of requirements.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As to your first line. He is the one giving the order. It only applies to the President when and if the President wants it to. AKA: if he did what you think he did (and, for the record, the WH is claiming he did not), he broke no "law" or even order from that perspective.

As to your second line: not a law.

So, again, what law would he be in violation of? Because you claimed he would have broken a law if he revealed information from a non-US source. (I will note, too, that your overly-broad statement is, you know, overly-broad and assumes that he in fact does lack that agreed authority in every possible scenario.)

ETA: In case you forgot.
Don't be obtuse. Federal law is not the beginning and end of requirements.
I'm not being obtuse. You said he would be breaking the law. You seem to think EOs and executive agreements are "law." You are wrong.

If you don't like a decision for a political reason, at least have the balls to say that. Couching your mere opinion in the form of legality is what the left does. It is wrong and it is cowardly.

ETA: Just for the sake of clarification yet again (emphasis added):

Quoted:
Quoted:
The POTUS is the highest level Declassification Authority.  He could tell the Air Force that all files on space aliens are declassified and to release them to CNN this afternoon.  He could tell the CIA, all records on how and why they killed JFK are declassified and to release them to the Cubans tomorrow morning.  Both would be completely legal.
As long as what he declassified was US-sourced, sure.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:11:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm not being obtuse. You said he would be breaking the law. You seem to think EOs and executive agreements are "law." You are wrong.

If you don't like a decision for a political reason, at least have the balls to say that. Couching your mere opinion in the form of legality is what the left does. It is wrong and it is cowardly.

View Quote
Why did you choose to highlight the end of the post rather than the sentence to which I was referring?
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:32:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Putin statement about all of this and by the way the Russians have a recording of the conversation.

Vladimir Putin’s On Allegations President Trump Shared Secrets: ''Political Schizophrenia’ | NBC News
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 1:34:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why did you choose to highlight the end of the post rather than the sentence to which I was referring?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That last sentence was the point of the entire post you quoted.

ETA: For giggles, what sentence were you referring to?
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The POTUS is the highest level Declassification Authority.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 1:50:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The POTUS is the highest level Declassification Authority.
And you are still wrong. A bilateral executive agreement means (follow me here), the executive has final say on what to do with information in America's hands. If the President isn't the one with that authority, who is?

You have made post after post claiming that this is illegal. For a thing to be illegal, a law has to be broken. You have backpedaled big time, and everyone sees it.

For future reference, by the way, if you want to refer to one sentence in a large post about how something isn't illegal, you should indicate such. The post you quoted is a post about legality.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:20:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

And you are still wrong. A bilateral executive agreement means (follow me here), the executive has final say on what to do with information in America's hands. If the President isn't the one with that authority, who is?

You have made post after post claiming that this is illegal. For a thing to be illegal, a law has to be broken. You have backpedaled big time, and everyone sees it.

For future reference, by the way, if you want to refer to one sentence in a large post about how something isn't illegal, you should indicate such. The post you quoted is a post about legality.
View Quote
Until you can grasp that there is a distinction between authority and legality we have nothing further to discuss.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Until you can grasp that there is a distinction between authority and legality we have nothing further to discuss.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Within the context of the United State of America, authority is legality.

There are two areas of law that matter here: national and international. National law says the President has the authority you describe. Plain and simple. International law says to look at the agreement framework. In the USA every single agreement is subject to the limitations of the Constitution. The Constitution says that the President is the chief executive. No one is above him when it comes to executive power. If the agreement is an executive agreement (each bilateral agreement you are referring to is), then a component of that agreement is that it can be disregarded at any time by either side consistent with their national law. That is fundamental. Therefore the President does have the authority.

You are wrong. And because you are wrong you keep trying to change the argument.

All that said, please do explain for us the difference between legality and authority in the context of a bilateral agreement.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't know a single "middle and right wing voter" that is upset with trump
If you "opposed him at the ballot" you are a Hillary supporter plain and simple
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You lost, and will continue to lose in the future, you're ineffective and loathsome. Look at your piss poor attitude, and this is after Gorsuch and everything else Trump has done that is conservative. You're not a conservative, you're a fucking shill. Does all the deregulation hurt? US steel got you down, or is it coal? Upset about planned parenthood? Defunding of Mexican abortion? Need some of them H1Bs? Tell us how the Donald hurt you. No one was foisted on you crybaby, we voted and you fucking lost.
Again, you guys consider Trump's opponents to be some ultra-left leaning, granola eating, environmentalist, communist shill, and that's just not the reality of the situation. MANY middle and right-wing voters are upset with Trump, and opposed him in the primaries, and at the ballot. They're people you share a lot of views with otherwise. You need to divest yourselves of the idea that only the left-wing cartoon characters in your head oppose Trump.
I don't know a single "middle and right wing voter" that is upset with trump
If you "opposed him at the ballot" you are a Hillary supporter plain and simple
The polls ("would you vote for Trump again") say otherwise:  96% would.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:07:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The problem is that the material she's alleged to have compromised did not belong to DOS, and thus was not under her purview to control.  I've never said anything different from that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Even if he did does the president not have the authorization to do so?  
As I recall, he damn well does.  Now whether there is prior notification to the agencies involved and that was complied with might be open to discussion.
Well, part of Klinton's defense was that she had OCA for all DoS material, therefore she could class, and in her case declass whatever she wanted.  We even had some of our read-in mil types concurring.

So the same should apply to POTUS, right?

Maybe he blew off his nondis like Klinton did.
The problem is that the material she's alleged to have compromised did not belong to DOS, and thus was not under her purview to control.  I've never said anything different from that.
It was a rhetorical question...goose/gander type thing.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 3:47:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
for being trump, damn it.  he grabbed women by the pussy!

(never mind bill clinton no shit raping women)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Impeached for what?

Even with all the hot air around the, I'm still not clear on whether he has done anything wrong, let alone impeachable.
for being trump, damn it.  he grabbed women by the pussy!

(never mind bill clinton no shit raping women)
Fucking an intern (whom he had never met before that day) in the Oval Office though, that kinda game's gotta count for something.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 12:04:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Trump's comments today in Israel:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/22/politics/trump-israel-russia-intelligence/

"I never mentioned the word or the name Israel" (which wasn't alleged...but whatever)
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:09:25 AM EDT
[#20]
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/25/europe/manchester-terror-attack-uk/index.html

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/05/25/manchester-bombing-theresa-may-to-confront-trump-on-investigation-leaks.html

TLDR: Britain suspends sharing of intelligence related to the Manchester bombing due to loss of trust in US ability to keep it secure.

"When the trust is breached it undermines these relationships, and undermines our investigations and the confidence of victims, witnesses and their family," the statement said.

"This damage is even greater when it involves unauthorized disclosure of potential evidence in the middle of a major counterterrorism investigation."
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:11:16 AM EDT
[#21]
So, I haven't been watching the news.  Do we have any proof that this is real?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/05/25/manchester-bombing-theresa-may-to-confront-trump-on-investigation-leaks.html

TLDR: Britain suspends sharing of intelligence related to the Manchester bombing due to loss of trust in US ability to keep it secure.
View Quote
I agree wholeheartedly with Ms. May.  The leakers in the U.S. intelligence community have undermined our security and must be stopped.  They should be brought up on charges of espionage and imprisoned for at least 20 years.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I agree wholeheartedly with Ms. May.  The leakers in the U.S. intelligence community have undermined our security and must be stopped.  They should be brought up on charges of espionage and imprisoned for at least 20 years.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How far up the chain are you willing to carry that sentiment?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

How far up the chain are you willing to carry that sentiment?
View Quote
We're speaking of leakers.  The President isn't a leaker, he is a discloser because he has authority to decide when and how information is shared.  And there is no allegation that Trump shared info from Ms. May.  Obama did though.  He gave the Russians information on British nukes as part of his negotiations - you know, the ones he told Medvedev he'd have more flexibility on after the election.

Obama open mic slip: 'After my election I have more flexibility'
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:04:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
We're speaking of leakers.  The President isn't a leaker, he is a discloser because he has authority to decide when and how information is shared.  And there is no allegation that Trump shared info from Ms. May.  Obama did though.  He gave the Russians information on British nukes as part of his negotiations - you know, the ones he told Medvedev he'd have more flexibility on after the election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsFR8DbSRQE
View Quote
We are past the discussion on whether or not the authority to disclose exists. The issue is that disclosing information belonging to a foreign entity absent their approval damages that relationship and causes them either to be more selective about what they share, or cease sharing altogether. This is true regardless of who commits the disclosure.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:06:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

We are past the discussion on whether or not the authority to disclose exists. The issue is that disclosing information belonging to a foreign entity absent their approval damages that relationship and causes them either to be more selective about what they share, or cease sharing altogether. This is true regardless of who commits the disclosure.
View Quote
There is no allegation that Trump disclosed information relating to the Manchester attack.  That was leaks by Trump's enemies.  Seriously, you people blame Trump for everything.  You're like the fucking church lady.   "Could it be . . . TRUMP!"

Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:12:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
There is no allegation that Trump disclosed information relating to the Manchester attack.  That was leaks by Trump's enemies.  Seriously, you people blame Trump for everything.  You're like the fucking church lady.   "Could it be . . . TRUMP!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_mePjkQW_c
View Quote
He did all but state that Israel was the source for the information he discussed with the Russians.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

He did all but state that Israel was the source for the information he discussed with the Russians.
View Quote
You do realize that Theresa May is Prime Minister of Great Britain and not Israel, right?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:05:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You do realize that Theresa May is Prime Minister of Great Britain and not Israel, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You do realize that a discussion on the effects of improper dissemination of classified information can involve more than one example, right?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:14:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You do realize that a discussion on the effects of improper dissemination of classified information can involve more than one example, right?
View Quote
How was it improper?  The only improper thing was the leaking of the disclosure by traitors.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:20:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
How was it improper?  The only improper thing was the leaking of the disclosure by traitors.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the Israelis (under the assumption that the attribution is correct) want to share info with the Russians that is their prerogative. Not our business to do it for them. One might try to claim a compelling national interest for doing so but I don't see that passing the smell test in this situation.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:28:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If the Israelis (under the assumption that the attribution is correct) want to share info with the Russians that is their prerogative. Not our business to do it for them. One might try to claim a compelling national interest for doing so but I don't see that passing the smell test in this situation.
View Quote
Your sniffer's off.  Israel has fucked us in the past, for instance by selling technology we've shared with them to the Chinese.  It may very well be worth it to compromise an Israeli source if it helps build an alliance with the Russians.  Further, when it comes to Syria, our interests may be more aligned with Russia than with Israel.  There are voices in Israel that don't want ISIS destroyed, because Israel feels more threatened by Russian and Iranian interests in Syria.  But ISIS is clearly more a threat to NATO as they are actively carrying out terrorist attacks in Europe.  It is quite rational to conclude that Israeli and American interests diverge on Syria.  In fact, a stable Syria under Assad that can keep ISIS in check, which is what Russia wants, is likely in our best interests at this point.  None of our non-ISIS rebel groups have any real chance of forming a stable regime in Syria.    
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:31:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Your sniffer's off.  Israel has fucked us in the past, for instance by selling technology we've shared with them to the Chinese.  It may very well be worth it to compromise an Israeli source if it helps build an alliance with the Russians.  Further, when it comes to Syria, our interests may be more aligned with Russia than with Israel.  There are voices in Israel that don't want ISIS destroyed, because Israel feels more threatened by Russian and Iranian interests in Syria.  But ISIS is clearly more a threat to NATO as they are actively carrying out terrorist attacks in Europe.  It is quite rational to conclude that Israeli and American interests diverge on Syria.  In fact, a stable Syria under Assad that can keep ISIS in check, which is what Russia wants, is likely in our best interests at this point.  None of our non-ISIS rebel groups have any real chance of forming a stable regime in Syria.    
View Quote
That's a leap and a half. Citing Salon quoting an Israeli think-tank as a driver for geopolitical decision making?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That's a leap and a half. Citing Salon quoting an Israeli think-tank as a driver for geopolitical decision making?
View Quote
A leap and a half is a bunch of leftists on Arfcom pretending to know anything about foreign policy after the total disaster that Obama and Hillary were.  Iran deal?  Benghazi?  
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:52:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're not in a policy-making position with the US government, right?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:04:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
A leap and a half is a bunch of leftists on Arfcom pretending to know anything about foreign policy after the total disaster that Obama and Hillary were.  Iran deal?  Benghazi?  
View Quote
Are you trying to imply that I am a leftist? If so, put that big brain to work and find one instance of my support of either.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:08:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nice try Shareblue.  You just don't know where we are.  We could be anywhere.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:11:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure.  Just wanted to make sure I could get a chuckle out of your zany, uninformed, national security ideas without the concern that some loon in a position of power actually feels that way.  I'll be having that chuckle now.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Sure.  Just wanted to make sure I could get a chuckle out of your zany, uninformed, national security ideas without the concern that some loon in a position of power actually feels that way.  I'll be having that chuckle now.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#40]
OMG.

I totally forgot about this.

This is it.  This is the end of trump.  He will be in jail any time now.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:17:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
OMG.

I totally forgot about this.

This is it.  This is the end of trump.  He will be in jail any time now.
View Quote
Your new persona is fun.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:42:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or so some leakers may claim, that claim hasn't been proven.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, since the leakers did leak Top secret information to the public, to Blackmail the president, not sure how much trust you should put in them.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And likely won't be if people keep their lips shut like they are supposed to.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I put almost zero confidence in the words of anonymous leakers.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
TBH, the most compelling evidence at this point is Trump's fervent assertion that he definitely didn't do the thing nobody claimed he did.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:58:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
TBH, the most compelling evidence at this point is Trump's fervent assertion that he definitely didn't do the thing nobody claimed he did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean the thing that's been the top news item based on the word of anonymous leakers for the last two weeks?

That thing that "nobody claimed he did"?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:49:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You mean the thing that's been the top news item based on the word of anonymous leakers for the last two weeks?

That thing that "nobody claimed he did"?
View Quote
No, his pointed statements that he definitely didn't tell the Russians that the info he gave them on ISIS came from Israeli sources.
Page / 13
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top