Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2001 9:55:13 AM EDT
About six months ago, I started listening to talk radio.

Previous to that, I wasn't really a big Rush Limbaugh fan. But the more I listen to him, the more I am convinced his is the smartest and most literate voice in Conservatism today.How many talk radio junkies do we have out there??

How many talk radio junkies do we have out there??

How many Rush fans out there???

Link Posted: 5/3/2001 10:06:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not really a talk radio junkie, but I LOVE Rush.  You're right he is one of the most literate voices in conservatism.  But right up there with him is Walter Williams who sometimes fills in for him when he is away for whatever reason. I've been a fan of Rush's ever since he had his TV show.  I was quite upset when that show was cancelled.  Especially since where I'm located his talk show on AM radio doesn't come in very good, lot of static. Sometimes we can get his radio show over the internet but even then we have to put up with buffering.

I am a "ditto-head"!  As is my husband.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 10:18:17 AM EDT
[#2]
The few times I have listened to Rush he seemed to spend most of the time saying how great he was and the rest of the time chortling and guffawing. I haven't read any of his books but perhaps there he actually gives support for his opinions. I wasn't impressed.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I can speak for both myself and ARlady.  We both listen to Rush when we can.  He is good source of both commentary and news.  Sometimes you need to have a few grains of salt handy, but 99% I agree with he has to say.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Gigadittos, gman.

Listening as I type.

[url]http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/today.guest.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Mega NRA/GOA dittos from the Allen commonwealth!

I am a talk radio junkie.  I listen to G. Gordon or rush back and forth. Also Goss's garage with Pat Goss on sat and sun. (The guy from MotorWeek television for those not in the washington metro area.)
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Ditto
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I listen to Rush, but he's a bit too moderate for me.

Jay
Arizona
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 10:54:49 AM EDT
[#8]
If he published his diet plan I'd buy it. :)
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 10:59:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Talk Radio listener here.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Back in 1992, before I got "into" guns and voted Democrat ( yeah, I know...so shut up! ) I used to get into serious arguments with my best friend in regard to Republicans and Rush.
My friend bought me Rush's book and I started to listen to him.  I started to really get into guns, too.  Then, the Transformation began!
I have since done a 180.  I laugh at the way I used to prattle on with the same drivel that the Liberal Leftists had brainwashed me with.  YUK!!!
As for Rush's showmanship and guffawing and bragging, that's part of the FUN!  And, Rush IS right!
Suffice it to say, "MEGA AR15.com DITTOS TO YOU ALL!!!"
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 11:18:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I never really liked him. Too much party line towing and football discussions for me. Liddy was ok for a while when he would talk about guns, but then the stuff about his car started getting to be too much.

George Putnam, Alex Jones, and John Stadtmiller are the only ones I listen to now.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 11:27:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I listen to talk radio all day while I work.  Rush is still fairly entertaining, but has gotten to be too repetitious lately.

Unfortunately I live in a talk radio wasteland and there isn't much else on.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 11:55:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks to his show I really don't need to watch but a bit of Fox News to keep informed and avoid the tabloid cr*p that passes for the news today.  I like the way he attacks Republicans when they deserve it.  My dad and I shared enjoyment commenting on his commentary for the last few years of his life, and Rush refused payment for an autographed gift picture for father's day some years ago.  I still have that picture.  And a letter from Clinton honoring my late dad.  Now that is irony...
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 12:08:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I consider myself a Conservative Republican but I don't listen to his show.  I listened quite intently a long time ago, but it has turned into nothing more than "Liberal" bashing.  

"Gee Rush, I was at the store the other day and guess what this silly Liberal said to me.."  

"Mega Dittos Rush, I can't stand those Liberals in Congress either.."

It gets nauseating after awhile.

While I like what he says sometimes, I think his show would be better if he'd actually have more "Liberals" on the show.  That way we could actually have debate, rather than the sycophantic circus they have now.

Link Posted: 5/3/2001 12:13:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Ditto (nyuk, nyuk) the above post. Rush & I would probably agree on most "iss-yoos", were we to sit down at the local all you can eat together, but I wince at the thought of him being my spokesman. Don't tell him, please. I don't want to be on his s**t list. Sycophantic circus. Good one. How many of you had to look up sycophant?
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 12:14:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I listen to him often & he does get me to think.  I agree with most of what he says.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I am a, you guessed it, Dittohd.

Dittohd
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I am a diithead. I agree on the too much sports talk and would like to see more debate but overall feel that he does bash the republicans when they need it.

Walter Williams has to be one of the most articulate, well spoken men in the world. Everything he says just makes sense. Wish he had his own show as well.
Bren
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 1:01:02 PM EDT
[#20]
[b]Howard Stern[/b] That`s right I said it out loud, in fact I`ll say it again. [b]Howard Stern[/b]  Beetlejuice rules. 'Who me?'
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 1:40:20 PM EDT
[#21]
I agree with alot of his thought process but get tired of his ego sometimes. I wish on his call ins he would not cut the caller off. Sometimes he just interrupts and begins to tell them how wrong and ignorant they are. Sure would rather listen to him then Dan Rather or that mentality.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 1:54:09 PM EDT
[#22]
I used to listen to him, but I can no longer stand the commercials he allows to run. Here in NY WABC constantly cuts him off for yankee games (friggin baseball:() The Commercials that get aired during commercial breaks are either ads for proctologists or for liberal causes or candidates. They drive me batty, usually turn to an FM station and miss most of his yak.

I don't mind him bashing liberals at all, he is the only one here in NY doing it, so more power to him.  He is great entertainment.

Geoff Ross
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm a Ditto head.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#24]
He's okay...I've only tuned in a couple of times.  How is his gun control position?  Is it moderate or freedom loving?
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 3:19:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Yep...
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Rush is very pro second amendment and pro constitution period. He will be on Larry King live tonight.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 3:47:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Rush, but of course! Who else?

The few times I have listened to Rush he seemed to spend most of the time saying how great he was and the rest of the time chortling and guffawing. I haven't read any of his books but perhaps there he actually gives support for his opinions. I wasn't impressed.
View Quote

You have to give him a little time.  My brother used to call me and tell me about this great guy on the radio named Rush.  He wasn't on in Dallas, yet, and I thought 'What's the big deal.'

When he finally came to Dallas, I started listening and haven't stopped since!

He's the best OUR side has.  The liberals have tried to run everyone and their brother up against him (Jim Hightower, Mario Cuomo, etc.)and he cleans their clocks!

While I like what he says sometimes, I think his show would be better if he'd actually have more "Liberals" on the show. That way we could actually have debate, rather than the sycophantic circus they have now.
View Quote

[b]He does have liberals on his show![/b] They're called 'callers' and if they're liberal they move to the front of the line!  Even one of the Kennedys called in on his show and debated the environmental issues.

If you mean liberal talking heads, who needs them on Rush's show - they're on [u]everywhere[/u] else!

'If you miss Dan, don't worry you can catch it on Peter.  If you miss Peter, don't worry you can catch it on Tom. If you miss Tom, don't worry, you can catch it on CNN.  But if you miss Rush, where else are you gonna get it?'

The very fact that Pat Schroeder (formerD-Co.); John Lewis (D-Ga); Barney Frank (D-Ma); David 'Pit Yorkie' Bonior (D-Mi); Henry 'Nostrilitis' Waxman (D-Ca); Maxine Waters (D-Ca); Sharon Jackson-Lee (D-Tx); and so many others take to the Floor of the House to denounce Rush 'Limbo' (as they usually call him) is good enough verification for me that he is screwing their brains, and messing with their plans!

Even Bill Clinton complained that Rush had three hours to go on the radio and no one was there to answer his 'lies.'  Guess Bill forgot about ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN!

Eric The Hun

Link Posted: 5/3/2001 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Ditto!
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 3:51:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Ditto head for over ten years. Talk radio all day every day.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 4:00:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Dittos

Aviator
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 3:05:08 AM EDT
[#32]
I am a very big ditto head.  I am 24 now and have been listening for 10 years now.  I also listen to Boortz, Hamlin, Liddy, Medved and Ollie North.  Talk radio drives my wife nuts.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 3:17:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Rush was more fun in the old days before he toned down his show. He was funny then. I still listen once in a while but he has softened it up too much.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 3:21:45 AM EDT
[#34]
dittohead here!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 7:31:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Yeah, Rush gets a little tedious after a while, but his message, when stripped of all the ancillary crap, is still a good one.  He doesn't seem to push the 2nd amendment issues much, though.

Liked Ken Hamblin, but they took him off the local radio station.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 7:35:17 AM EDT
[#36]
I listen to Stern.  By the Way he is pro Gun. He'll occasionally mention that he has a licence to carry, and does.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 7:47:57 AM EDT
[#37]
If Stern is pro-gun, he's only Pro-Stern-gun.

Eric The(unimpressed)Hun
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 7:49:44 AM EDT
[#38]
You bet, all my autos,garage,reloading bench radios are tuned to 1500 AM. Rush 11:00-2:00 PM. Garage Logic-2:00-5:00PM. Jason Lewis 5:00-8:00 PM. Only news without a liberal spin to it!  Most sheeple wouldn't know the truth if it bite them on the A$$.  (IMHO)  Ben
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top