Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/30/2017 11:02:49 AM EDT
Last month I grabbed supplies to do the finishing touches on the house before we list it. Nothing huge but around $100 in spackle, sponges, brushes, and other assorted supplies. It sat in the same spot for weeks without moving. Life happened with family getting hospitalized for 2 weeks and other assorted issues but today is a day off and the grandparents took the kiddie for a few hours.

Start working, get everything set, go to grab the supplies... MISSING. Searched the whole house and shed, nothing. Now I need to go back to HD, spend money again because I won't have another day to do this, only to probably have my wife come home and be like "I moved it to this random completely arbitrary and out of the way place no one would look. Or I threw it out on accident."
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:05:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Who took them?
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:07:34 AM EDT
[#2]
You're clearly not drinking heavily enough, or this wouldn't bother you.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:09:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Sammich maker can't answer a cell phone and tell you where you put it?
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:09:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Ask the wife if she moved the supplies?...
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:10:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Why not call or text her before buying more?
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:10:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Uhh ask them before you go buy more
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:10:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Telephone?
Text?
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:11:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
In the the arfcom curse thread of the day.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I know all these people are saying to call or text but this shit is infuriating for me too. Happens all the time, then I ask and its deer in headlights look followed by I didnt move that or haven't seen it. I dont care if im a dick or high strung but I put a lock on my "tool room" in the basement and just lock all my shit in there. It still happens from time to time with daily items. For instance contact solution and toothbrush is all of a sudden MIA, ask where they are, she didnt move them, find them in the closet in a drawer and a "ohh I cleaned the sink and put them in there"... What the holy motherfuck that shit makes me rage on the inside.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Women, am I right?
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#12]
I know this feeling. 
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:25:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like your wife is cleaning up your piles left around the house. Maybe you are angry at your self for not being more organized.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:28:58 AM EDT
[#14]
I would have put the shit up somewhere too instead of letting it lay around for 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:30:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm very lucky. My wife won't mess with stuff because she wants the repairs done and son-in-law doesn't know which end of a screwdriver to pick up.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#16]
It's your fault for not training her better. You don't want your shit fucked with? Tell her. You want her to tell you when she moves your painting shit off the couch after two weeks? Tell her that. She doesn't do it, beat her or eject. You didn't fix this shit before you agreed to marry her and now you have to live with the woman you failed to train.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:39:55 AM EDT
[#17]
I've found that moving their shit randomly doesn't work either.
They just think the house is haunted.

I don't leave stuff all over the house anyway but....
After 25+ years of marriage, I learned to hide important stuff in the garage or
the gun safe if want it to be in the same place I left it.

What is wrong with people........

If it's not yours, leave it the fuck alone!
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Living alone is clearly the answer.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:45:48 AM EDT
[#19]
That happens to me all the time, really pisses me off.
I think the bigger issue is that I live alone.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#20]
I have a designated area that if my piles sit for longer than the wife can take it, she can put them in the designated Ridgerunner pile place.

That way when shit ain't where I put it, I know where to look.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's your fault for not training her better. You don't want your shit fucked with? Tell her. You want her to tell you when she moves your painting shit off the couch after two weeks? Tell her that. She doesn't do it, beat her or eject. You didn't fix this shit before you agreed to marry her and now you have to live with the woman you failed to train.
View Quote
I know this is a little tongue in cheek but there's a lot of truth to it.

You can't accept something in the beginning and then get pissed with that behavior continues.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:49:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That happens to me all the time, really pisses me off.
I think the bigger issue is that I live alone.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:56:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Have you tried murdering her?
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:58:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have a designated area that if my piles sit for longer than the wife can take it, she can put them in the designated Ridgerunner pile place.

View Quote
I am going to present this idea for consideration at the next family meeting. 
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I know all these people are saying to call or text but this shit is infuriating for me too. Happens all the time, then I ask and its deer in headlights look followed by I didnt move that or haven't seen it. I dont care if im a dick or high strung but I put a lock on my "tool room" in the basement and just lock all my shit in there. It still happens from time to time with daily items. For instance contact solution and toothbrush is all of a sudden MIA, ask where they are, she didnt move them, find them in the closet in a drawer and a "ohh I cleaned the sink and put them in there"... What the holy motherfuck that shit makes me rage on the inside.
View Quote
Her boyfriend needed some things. You don't expect him to buy supplies do you?
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Sammich maker can't answer a cell phone and tell you where you put it?
View Quote
Like she would actually remember
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:31:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Just buy it all again.  Still way cheaper than paying some one to do it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:37:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Have you tried murdering her?
View Quote
Your avatar makes every single one of your posts hilarious.  Good job.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Telephone?
Text?
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Last month I grabbed supplies to do the finishing touches on the house before we list it. Nothing huge but around $100 in spackle, sponges, brushes, and other assorted supplies. It sat in the same spot for weeks without moving. Life happened with family getting hospitalized for 2 weeks and other assorted issues but today is a day off and the grandparents took the kiddie for a few hours.

Start working, get everything set, go to grab the supplies... MISSING. Searched the whole house and shed, nothing. Now I need to go back to HD, spend money again because I won't have another day to do this, only to probably have my wife come home and be like "I moved it to this random completely arbitrary and out of the way place no one would look. Or I threw it out on accident."
View Quote

Welcome to married life.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:55:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes things run smoothly.

She doesn't get frustrated and I don't get annoyed and I know where the stuff is and she can have a non cluttered house.

I swear. If I tell you I'll get something done, you don't need to remind me every six months about it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:05:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I swear. If I tell you I'll get something done, you don't need to remind me every six months about it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:11:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
He used the diminishing time he has, to make a thread here instead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Priorities.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:28:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:43:42 PM EDT
[#35]
I love how my belongings end up somewhere I would never put them . . . and my wife claims she hasn't even seen the item(s) to which I am referring.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Fucking GD.

Texted her, no calls because she is probably in with patients, and her response was "No idea." Thanks, didn't realize we needed to go through the obvious.

Re-bought everything. Tape lines redone. Ceiling is 1/3rd repainted. I have to say I bought that "suck up the paint" roller and it is a fuck ton better then going up and down a ladder.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Save the receipt if you bought the exact same stuff because the old stuff will show up as soon as you're done. Then you can take that stuff back.

I've had to do this recently.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 4:42:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is like the pitbull thread. No bad wives only bad husbands.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#39]
wife come home and be like "I moved it to this random completely arbitrary and out of the way place no one would look. Or I threw it out on accident."
View Quote
This  A wise man will say " Oh , Okay so that's were they went"
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 4:49:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

How did your wife move a tub of spackle? Was it one or five gallon
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 5:02:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Floating away supplies and tools happens to me too.
Makes me crazy - or at least think that I lost my mind. And she bats her eyes and says something like 'oh everyone knows to look in the bottom bureau drawer for the claw hammer." And honest to God's truth, the screwdrivers and pliers are in the second drawer of the filing cabinet!
No wonder women can't fix things - they have no idea where to put the tools!
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Damn straight!!!

Do you know what you tell a woman with two black eyes?...
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 6:12:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Damn straight!!!

Do you know what you tell a woman with two black eyes?...
View Quote
What's she doing with two black guys?

(This works better when the original joke is asked out loud.)
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 6:16:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
BINGO!
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 6:18:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Wtf, I'm getting to old.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 6:22:32 PM EDT
[#46]
My wife does the same thing. One time put a nail puller in the dresser drawer. I bought new one, because I couldn't find, and she claimed to not have move it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 6:24:18 PM EDT
[#47]
OP

Ask your SO where my 1/2" ratchet is.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 6:24:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Fucking GD.

Texted her, no calls because she is probably in with patients, and her response was "No idea." Thanks, didn't realize we needed to go through the obvious.

Re-bought everything. Tape lines redone. Ceiling is 1/3rd repainted. I have to say I bought that "suck up the paint" roller and it is a fuck ton better then going up and down a ladder.
View Quote
They make extension handles for the roller.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
They make extension handles for the roller.
View Quote
Yep. And when I am up a ladder 12 feet up doing a vaulted ceiling that is annoying to stop, paint up, roll, stop, paint up, roll. This worked really well and saved a lot of time and went on a lot cleaner then the drips I inevitably get. The cleanup sucks though.

I recommend for ceiling or big wall jobs. The only bad thing is that when it is first loaded the handle is long so doing the spot right above you is cumbersome.

Elastic spackle sucks. I hope I never need to use it again.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:38:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Oh I feel your pain brother.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top