BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Okay, I just spoke to a very nice lady at Springfield Armory, and she said everybody was traveling back from the NRA show. But that they would have a statement forthcoming soon and reading between the lines of what she was saying, it sounds like they know they've stepped in it and they will reverse the position. Whether I'm right about that or not remains to be seen.

The lady at Rock River was a little more terse and said that everybody had their facts wrong. I don't personally believe that, looking at what I'm seeing in the Illinois Hometown Forum. She said they will be releasing a statement clarifying their position.

Please keep up the pressure we need to make your voices heard.
View Quote
If it turns out the story is just not true, or some convolution of the facts, I'd be understanding.  

But if it turns out these companies actually did what was said simply reversing their decision is far too little.  They've showed they're willingness to throw the 2A under the bus to forward their corporate interests, and in my book that makes them the lowest of the low.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Springfield's Facebook page is starting to light up.  They're not getting the sorts of comments on their NRA convention videos they were probably expecting.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#3]
EDIT:  Owner on Page 10.  He is opposed to the bill, but filled out the Witness Slip incorrectly.  Disregard the below.

----------------------------

Here's another one for the stocks.

http://www.illinoistacticalfirearmstraining.com/

Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:20:44 PM EDT
[#4]
When I talked with the owner of RRA in his booth today about this he opposed the bill. There seems to be some drama between people behind the scenes that is causing this.

I flat out asked the salespeople in the booth if they would be doing a buyback and indicated if the news was true that I would be selling my rifles. They had no clue as to what was going on. They got the owner and he came out and spoke to me for about 10 minutes and explained what was going on.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:23:30 PM EDT
[#5]
The right thing to do would be to pull a Magpul and pack up and leave the state.  You're supporting leftist policies and contributing to that tax base.

Springfield, Armalite, and Rock River need to leave IL..  yesterday.  No offense to those of you in IL, your state is just ran by Shitcago... like NY is ran by NYC.

And while we're at it....

S&W needs to get out of Mass.
Ruger needs to get the remainder of their company out of CT and into their AZ digs.

Props to Beretta from getting out of MD and into TN.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The right thing to do would be to pull a Magpul and pack up and leave the state.  You're supporting leftist policies and contributing to that tax base.

Springfield, Armalite, and Rock River need to leave IL..  yesterday.  No offense to those of you in IL, your state is just ran by Shitcago... like NY is ran by NYC.

Ruger needs to get the remainder of their company out of CT and into their AZ digs.

View Quote
Amen!
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:28:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Sent letter to SA....as they sent me one about their new pistol... If  I receive response I'll post.

"Thank you,  looks like a great pistol, but rest assured it will NOT be purchased by me.
IF this is true and and becomes law. I will no longer do any business with SpringField Armory

Currently working it's way through the Illinois legislature, is SB1657.
Yesterday... it was amended, passed the IL State Senate, and was sent to the IL State Assembly.

SB1657 will prohibit firearm transfers unless done by a IL licensed gun dealer.
This will require all private party transfers to be done through an IL FFL dealer. ("universal background checks")

Before the legislation was amended, the legislation limited IL licensed gun dealer to Type 01-FFL, Type 02-FFL, and Type 09-FFL.
There was no exemptions for Type 06-FFL, Type 07-FFL, Type 08-FFL, Type 10-FFL and Type 11-FFL.

IL based firearms manufacturers (Springfield Armory, Rock River Arms, etc), represented by the Illinois Firearms Manufacturers Association (IFMA), opposed SB1657.

After the legislation was amended, IL licensed gun dealer included all FFL Types.

Once it was amended, IL based firearms manufacturers switched from opposing the legislation to supporting it.

So, it looks like Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms may have sold out gun owners in IL.
Good luck with your new pistol, as We in Illinois are trying to FIGHT for our 2nd amendment rights."

On Apr 26, 2017, at 2:32 PM, Springfield Armory <[email protected]> wrote:
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Just left gunshop here, where I purchased a G19 with night sights. There was a very short opinion from the LGS about this and they intend not to carry any products from either company.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If they are willing to support it NOW before it passes, then what is the difference if it doesn't pass. The intent and willingness to capitulate is present.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This bill could actually die in the IL house.  This might be one of those wink and a nod type things.  It only passed by one vote.  

If we are going to boycott them, let's wait and see if it actually becomes law.  If it does, fuck them, don't even wash your car with a SA or RRA t-shirt.
If they are willing to support it NOW before it passes, then what is the difference if it doesn't pass. The intent and willingness to capitulate is present.
I hope it dies in the house. This kills RRA and Springfield for me.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#10]
What the fucking FUCK?

Say it's a sick joke. How can they be so stupid?

Well I already own a Springfield armory 1911 and love it, but I won't be saying any such thing hence forth. They're dead to me.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow, that's fukt up.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:20:40 PM EDT
[#12]
At least LMT is smart enough to move to Iowa. I know it has been known for a while that they intended to do so, but they just had a piece on the local news about it.

Milan based weapons manufacturer prepares for move to Iowa.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:26:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quislings
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:27:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
At least LMT is smart enough to move to Iowa. I know it has been known for a while that they intended to do so, but they just had a piece on the local news about it.

Milan based weapons manufacturer prepares for move to Iowa.
View Quote
I was surprised when I learned that LMT is (or was) located in Illinois. Kinda surprising they didn't move sooner.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#15]
There goes all of Springfield's new innovation they've been unleashing on the market....

Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:35:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Off the top of my head, they are all located about 30-45 minutes or so from Iowa. They could move and probably retain the bulk of their employees. LMT did this but they were pretty much across the river from Iowa. I doubt this bill will become law, just more shenanigans from Shitcago.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Off the top of my head, they are all located about 30-45 minutes or so from Iowa. They could move and probably retain the bulk of their employees. LMT did this but they were pretty much across the river from Iowa. I doubt this bill will become law, just more shenanigans from Shitcago.
View Quote
Even if it doesn't become law...they showed their true colors.

Deport those communists to Snow Mexico.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Both companies can chug on my fat, sweaty, hairy, itchy, smelly wang.

Then they can lick my butt. 

Dead to me.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:49:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Holy shit.

Well, scratch that TRP off the list. Colt Competition is now the front runner for next 1911. Yeah, I know it's Colt, but it's still American.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:55:25 PM EDT
[#20]
FRRA and FSA. Not another dime!
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I got half a dozen XD's.  Was waiting on the 10mm XDM to come out.  Stick with my G20 now. No more SA products for me!!!
View Quote
Never owned an XD, but I recently got a G20 and new to 10mm. What a great platform.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:18:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
When I talked with the owner of RRA in his booth today about this he opposed the bill. There seems to be some drama between people behind the scenes that is causing this.

I flat out asked the salespeople in the booth if they would be doing a buyback and indicated if the news was true that I would be selling my rifles. They had no clue as to what was going on. They got the owner and he came out and spoke to me for about 10 minutes and explained what was going on.
View Quote
If RRA opposes the bill, why did they get an exception carved out?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:23:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I already started, I own neither and its good to see that Armalite isn't helping them out with this horse shit!
View Quote
The armalite that said fuck the civilian market when we can sell to LE?

That armalite?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:36:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Why 9? Why not 10, or 7 or 5 or 12? Is there some research that says purchasing 10 firearms per year makes sensible people violent killers? Is there something in the water that makes politicians stupid? WTF?
View Quote
9 is both arbitrary and capricious, and was certainly selected by Bloomberg's minions.   It is the same reason why the CO legislature selected 15 rounds for magazines.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Damn it. I was going to buy a M1A and an EMP
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This bill could actually die in the IL house.  This might be one of those wink and a nod type things.  It only passed by one vote.  

If we are going to boycott them, let's wait and see if it actually becomes law.  If it does, fuck them, don't even wash your car with a SA or RRA t-shirt.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Time to boycott Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms like we did S&W?

Ethics and standards are not situational. If they made a deal that violates Constitutional Rights of others for personal profit, it's wrong. The fact that the law doesnt get passed doesnt change that.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:44:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Prediction: This latest "reasonable and sensible gun control measure" will have absolutely no effect on the murder rate in Shitcago whatsoever.
View Quote
I always wondered why companies like Springfield Armory and RRA located in Illinois, because I knew that eventually shit like this would happen. My guess is that they're stuck between a rock and a hard place. They can't exactly call in the machinery movers, lay everybody off and go somewhere else. I guess you just have to "dance with the devil" until you can figure out a plan "B."
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:47:42 PM EDT
[#28]
I imagine it will be rather interesting at the SA and RRA booths down at the NRA convention.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#29]
I have an XDm .45 and an SA 1911 Loaded but it looks like that'll be my last purchase of their products.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:55:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Hopefully the Rauner has some balls an vetoes this crap.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I sure as Hell will bring this up tomorrow at NRA when I get there.
View Quote
Fuck Yea JBT!
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:01:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#33]
I just got a couple of emails announcing that new crap, so I replied to them, politely with how I felt, we will see if they respond.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#34]
I have replied to the videos on their Facebook page, I will call on Monday. I had a TRP on layaway, I called the gun shop and switched to a Sig Extreme Full Size. FSA
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:13:25 PM EDT
[#35]
There goes buying a M1a.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:13:28 PM EDT
[#36]
This does not surprise me at all. 
Springfield lied to me when they said my XDs would be back in 30 days. 4 months later they returned it with a ducked up trigger and a feeding program. 

Traded it on a Glock (that I should have bought to begin with) and never looked back. 

Rock River, I was considering their trigger for a future build, not anymore 
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:18:04 PM EDT
[#37]
I got this link from the IllinoisCarry thread:

https://www.bizapedia.com/il/illinois-firearms-manufacturers-association.html

I have no idea how accurate that is, but according to that link, the Illinois Firearms Manufacturer Association was dissolved a while ago.

Methinks something fucky is going on

EDIT:  for now, I think I'll just sit quietly in the Observe part of my OODA loop.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#38]
FRA? FSA?

Damn. I knew I should have gotten a Colt!
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:32:04 PM EDT
[#39]
If this is true, I, for one, will be selling any RRA  or SA rifles and pistols that I have.

My thought is that if someone buys my used equipment, it may prevent them from buying brand-new equipment from either of these manufacturers.

Again, only if this is true, they don't deserve our dollars...  
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:33:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If this is true, I, for one, will be selling any RRA  or SA rifles and pistols that I have.

My thought is that if someone buys my used equipment, it may prevent them from buying brand-new equipment from either of these manufacturers.

Again, only if this is true, they don't deserve our dollars...  
View Quote
I'll give you tree fiddy for your Springer mil-spec.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:37:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I have no idea how accurate that is, but according to that link, the Illinois Firearms Manufacturer Association was dissolved a while ago.

EDIT:  for now, I think I'll just sit quietly in the Observe part of my OODA loop.
View Quote
but could it have been dissolved and reformed as a different type of corporation?   They have been making political contributions since 2009

https://www.illinoissunshine.org/search/?term=%20Illinois%20Firearms%20Manufacturers%20Association&table_name=candidates&table_name=committees&table_name=officers&table_name=receipts

Formed in 2009

http://nonprofit-990.bugaco.com/nonprofit/271421291/illinois-firearms-manufacturers-association/overview
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:37:15 PM EDT
[#42]
FUCK THEM!!! Any motherfucking firearms manufacturer that makes a deal against our 2nd admendment deserves to rot in hell and get fucked in the ass by Obama!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:37:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
https://www.campaignmoney.com/political/527/illinois-firearms-manufacturers-association.asp

Establish date: 01/24/2014
Contributors:
Rock River Arms
Colona, IL  61241$50,00005/31/2014

Springfield Armory
Geneseo, IL  61254$50,00005/31/2014

Contact Person:Jay A. Keller
Contact Address:
PO Box 9292
Naperville, IL  60567
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:39:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:45:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Whats the anti's are after are the inherited guns. Many men die and leave their treasures to their familys who probably wont use them, instead the intent of the owner was always for them to sell them and leave them a little extra cash. So all the WW2 relics and old hunting rifles and such, since after #9 they cant be sold legally in the same year, will probably be turned in to make little steel statues of Obama, Clinton, and Daley. Once you get the generational guns out of the way your on the road to killing the 2nd. They have always been after these family heirlooms.

Rock River and Springfield figure the hell with it. We aint making $$ off the heirlooms, in fact they might be costing us money, so lets throw the anti's a bone and save our own skins. And thats how they work by slowly criminalizing every lawful citizen who owns a gun. A Law here, a chip there, and they keep chipping away. Hell we came a few votes from Losing the entire show and if that didnt wake you guys up then nothing will. We cant keep revering a Constitution in 4 year blocks, sweating out each election.

To think this idiotic legislation will do anything to stop the gangs "THEY" have empowered in Chicago is insane.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:48:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Come to Ohio!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
@aeroengineer

I know this is GD but please accept my somewhat rational wait and see approach.

After my conversation with the owner of RRA today at his booth and his salespeople on the floor agreeing that this is a crappy bill (they understood my desire not to purchase any more of their products if true), I am completely convinced that there is much more to this story than what we have been given.

I won't go into the detail of what I was told about the purse swinging that seems to be going on behind the scene with the companies and an individual because I cannot confirm or deny the allegations. There is seemingly some serious conflict going on and it may be a case of a private issue having now gone public. I was told that there would be rather direct, frank conversations happening between these entities this evening.

If RRA and SA have truly screwed dealers and enthusiasts then let free market capitalism take care of them and may they go the way of Team Wendy. But at this point I am willing to wait a bit and see how this shakes out.

ETA: A person could fill out a Witness Slip for "Seymore Butts" if they wanted, correct?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:52:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Amen!
View Quote
I'll second that amen!!

Edit: i don't own any SA or Rock River stuff. Definetly won't now. Will be interesting if they try talk themselves out this wet paper bag.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Whatcha thinkin? Paint job?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:10:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Wow, big names selling out like this is NO BUENO.....

Someone needs to get the Memes on Instagram and facebook a rollin on these guys.....
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top