Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/25/2017 7:14:33 PM EDT
...Or do you?

To make a short story long, my parents are in their 70's, they raised their 3 kids, for the past 21 years they have been raising my sister's kids while she lies, manipulates, and goes out to do her drugs. The two oldest girls are completely fucked, they like their drugs, dear ol mom got one of them(the 21 year old) into meth and heroin, and is starting the 15 year old out on weed and beer, the youngest girl just turning 3 this year was born addicted to a bunch of shit. The burden of "babysitting" 3-7 days a week has fallen on me and my wife because I can't stand to see my mom have to do this shit at 70 years old.  The only one that is possible to help at this point is the youngest, we may be the only hope she has for any future in this life.

Wtf do I I do? Should I push for custody?  Should I mind my own business?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:18:46 PM EDT
[#1]
21 Year old is lost cause she'll have to want to stop, you wont help there.

You could save the 15, and 3 year old. You most certainly go against family, especially in this case. You can make the difference in these girls lives OP.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:26:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Help mom have an unfortunate accident?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:28:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting screen name.

Good luck with the 3 y/o. Maybe the 15 y/o

Otherwise, cut-bait.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
21 Year old is lost cause she'll have to want to stop, you wont help there.

You could save the 15, and 3 year old. You most certainly go against family, especially in this case. You can make the difference in these girls lives OP.
View Quote
That's just what I was thinking except for the 15 y/o, she is trying to find new places to live because my parents don't want her smoking weed in their house, then she will go to her dad's house because she can drink and smoke her dope, but he makes her work so she goes back to my parents house. Basically she just wants everything her way and runs off to the next place if she doesn't get her way. My house is run my way, if the occupants don't like it they can get the fuck out, I don't put up with bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:33:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Help mom have an unfortunate accident?
View Quote
Damn, but duly noted
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:34:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Interesting screen name.

Good luck with the 3 y/o. Maybe the 15 y/o

Otherwise, cut-bait.
View Quote
Don't jump to conclusions, it's just a clever name considering
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry for your family's unfortunate circumstances. That's a situation nobody should ever be in.

Offer an anonymous tip that gets the mom, the 21 year old and the 15 year old busted. Get custody of the 3 year old and the 15 year old.

Send the 15 year old to rehab and when she gets out give her zero unsupervised time. Get her into activities instead.

Show them how nice life is without drugs.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Literally Hitler for suggesting to slow the flow of drugs by building a wall.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:48:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Doing the right thing isn't going against the family.
Your relative doing all the wrong things is who went against the family. In a worst case scenario, refer to the Godfather series on how to deal with that.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:49:25 PM EDT
[#10]
OP has quite the ironic username. 
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:53:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Good luck OP.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:53:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't make other people's problems your own. Not your circus, not your monkeys.

I'd report the lot to DFS and look to my own.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#13]
The 15yr old is a lost cause, she'll probably try to beat her older sister to the grave at that pace.

If you want to focus on anyone, focus on the 3yr old. Use the Man when needed.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:58:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sorry for your family's unfortunate circumstances. That's a situation nobody should ever be in.

Offer an anonymous tip that gets the mom, the 21 year old and the 15 year old busted. Get custody of the 3 year old and the 15 year old.

Send the 15 year old to rehab and when she gets out give her zero unsupervised time. Get her into activities instead.

Show them how nice life is without drugs.
View Quote
Thanks neighbor.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Literally Hitler for suggesting to slow the flow of drugs by building a wall.
View Quote
What a crazy concept right
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Your relative doing all the wrong things is who went against the family. In a worst case scenario, refer to the Godfather series on how to deal with that.
View Quote
That might be the most profound thing I've seen today.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:01:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:01:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
OP has quite the ironic username. 
View Quote
We've gone over this
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Yea the 3 year old can be saved the rest with the freedom and exposure they have had. They will need to hit bottom before they'll seek help. That means homeless no family to help them anymore cut them off. If they are truly cut off they will hit bottom faster then maybe finally get or find help. I pray you'll find a way I  hope I am wrong, but personal experience I've had proves otherwise.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:02:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Good luck OP.
View Quote
Yeah, that's what I've been thinkin.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's on the table for sure
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The 15yr old is a lost cause, she'll probably try to beat her older sister to the grave at that pace.

View Quote
Yeah. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:04:58 PM EDT
[#23]
yeah
as much as it pains me to say this, you gotta do something OP

send an anonymous tip that only has some of the info, so the family thinks it is someone else

15 year old could be saved if given the opportunity, 3 yr old is fine if raised right
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:06:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Take care of the littler girl.  Try and get custody.  The rest of them can fuck off.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yeah. Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah. Thanks.
Sorry I didn't mean to be harsh, just being realistic based on the situation- and the strain, risk, and cost associated with each possible course of action.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:10:21 PM EDT
[#26]
I am very close to a family in exactly the same predicament. Except the mother and father are 78 and 80.
Heartbreaking they have to endure that shit. 5 kids. One is shithead. They have been unable to do anything. Zero. It just gets worse. Even family attorney says until something dramatic happens, like an arrest for something that sends him to jail for a year. There is nothing he can do.
OP.. You have zero chance of helping any of those kids unless she willingly gives them up. Gets arrested and looses custody or dies an untimely death. Even then you will not be able to just March in and get the kids.
It will be a cluster fuck of epic proportions. Every one looses. Best of luck.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:12:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Again, I own a monument company... Pay attention.
View Quote
The final solution.  Hopefully the two main abusers shop in the right neighborhood that sells H laced with fentanyl.  Then you can make a couple simple stones and save the two young ones. 
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
This ^^^ is the answer you seek. Or if you're uncomfortable inviting "the Man" into anyone's life, simply disconnect from the situation before YOUR kids get pulled into the blackhole that is your sister & her kid's lives.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:14:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
yeah
as much as it pains me to say this, you gotta do something OP

send an anonymous tip that only has some of the info, so the family thinks it is someone else

15 year old could be saved if given the opportunity, 3 yr old is fine if raised right
View Quote
It's hard to disagree with ya when the mom is constantly trying to sell her food stamps, and  when only one of her kids is ever with her i question why she gets the $600 a month and never had any food.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:15:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Take care of the littler girl.  Try and get custody.  The rest of them can fuck off.
View Quote
I think you're right. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:16:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Sorry I didn't mean to be harsh, just being realistic based on the situation- and the strain, risk, and cost associated with each possible course of action.
View Quote
No need to apologise my friend, I agree with you
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I am very close to a family in exactly the same predicament. Except the mother and father are 78 and 80.
Heartbreaking they have to endure that shit. 5 kids. One is shithead. They have been unable to do anything. Zero. It just gets worse. Even family attorney says until something dramatic happens, like an arrest for something that sends him to jail for a year. There is nothing he can do.
OP.. You have zero chance of helping any of those kids unless she willingly gives them up. Gets arrested and looses custody or dies an untimely death. Even then you will not be able to just March in and get the kids.
It will be a cluster fuck of epic proportions. Every one looses. Best of luck.
View Quote
That could happen
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The final solution.  Hopefully the two main abusers shop in the right neighborhood that sells H laced with fentanyl.  Then you can make a couple simple stones and save the two young ones. 
View Quote
Hahaha I'll keep my fingers crossed
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:27:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This ^^^ is the answer you seek. Or if you're uncomfortable inviting "the Man" into anyone's life, simply disconnect from the situation before YOUR kids get pulled into the blackhole that is your sister & her kid's lives.
View Quote
Im not real enthusiastic about "" the man", he's fucked me enough already... but wants ,
needs and costs ya know....My kids seem to know whats going on, I've never lied to them, they are honor roll students that know sometimes good people have to do bad things, but good people are still good people.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Poll added
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:44:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Just because people are family doesn't mean they can't be worthless shitbags that need a heaping helping of the man in their life.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:46:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Just because people are family doesn't mean they can't be worthless shitbags that need a heaping helping of the man in their life.
View Quote
I'm not sure that's even arguable.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:50:52 PM EDT
[#38]
If you can help the little kid do it, no kid deserves to live that life.  

To hell with the others
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:52:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
If you can help the little kid do it, no kid deserves to live that life.  

To hell with the others
View Quote
Thanks, that's what I'm leaning towards
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:54:49 PM EDT
[#40]
You can't save the 15 yo, watched many try, their minds are made up and they know everything.  Hey, we were there once too.

Unless you enjoy running a prison camp, because that's what it'd be like.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:58:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
...Or do you?

To make a short story long, my parents are in their 70's, they raised their 3 kids, for the past 21 years they have been raising my sister's kids while she lies, manipulates, and goes out to do her drugs. The two oldest girls are completely fucked, they like their drugs, dear ol mom got one of them(the 21 year old) into meth and heroin, and is starting the 15 year old out on weed and beer, the youngest girl just turning 3 this year was born addicted to a bunch of shit. The burden of "babysitting" 3-7 days a week has fallen on me and my wife because I can't stand to see my mom have to do this shit. She claims all the kids for food stamps (which she sells), and for taxpayer money. The only one that is possible to help at this point is the youngest (the 3y/o may have some brain damage but is the sweetest little girl) we may be the only hope she has for any future in this life.

Wtf do I I do? Should I push for custody?  Should I mind my own business?
View Quote

run.....

I'm a pretty selfish person so I'm probably not the best to answer this but my vote is get as far away from this virtue sucking group of people as you possibly can or they'll make you hate life.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You can't save the 15 yo, watched many try, their minds are made up and they know everything.  Hey, we were there once too.

Unless you enjoy running a prison camp, because that's what it'd be like.
View Quote
I agree with that,  most of your traits, and dispositions are learned by the time you reach 5 years of age,....Old dog new tricks and what not
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:12:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

run.....

I'm a pretty selfish person so I'm probably not the best to answer this but my vote is get as far away from this virtue sucking group of people as you possibly can or they'll make you hate life.
View Quote
I see your stance, but nobody could make me hate life. Youre right about the virtue sucking, but I've already hardened myself against that kind of bullshit.
Thanks for your input, and I think you're a good person on the right track, and you don't strike me as a selfish person, selfish people don't try to help others. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:18:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Get the 3 yr old if you can, but chances are mom's not going to let the meal ticket slip away easily.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:22:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Do you have children of your own or planning to have them?  If yes, I wouldn't want to inherit someone else's cancer.  Maybe the little one, if you have the funds to deal with the paperwork and ability to cut that part of the family away from you.  No visitation, no bullshit.  The adult and the teenager are lost.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Get the 3 yr old if you can, but chances are mom's not going to let the meal ticket slip away easily.
View Quote
This.  I would take the three year old only if Mom's parental rights were terminated.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hadn't thought to be profound. It's just that I had a similar situation with my adult child and an under-10 grandchild. I made the decision to protect the part of my bloodline that had a chance to survive and cut loose my child. It's a tough row to hoe, but the grandchild is thriving and happy and will likely grow to be a well adjusted adult.
My child is not in my life at all. Nor is the child in the grandchild's life. Thank Heaven for small favors!
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:33:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Maybe not, but it breaks my heart to think I was too young and/or stupid to stand up while the older two girls lives were being ruined, I'm around 40 now, and don't want to watch another little girl have her life squandered, and/or ruined
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:39:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Do you have children of your own or planning to have them?  If yes, I wouldn't want to inherit someone else's cancer.  Maybe the little one, if you have the funds to deal with the paperwork and ability to cut that part of the family away from you.  No visitation, no bullshit.  The adult and the teenager are lost.
View Quote
Yes, we have two kids. I have no problem with cutting that part of the family out, it sucks but I don't want that shit for my family, and I won't have it. We can deal with any legal bs if need be,  im absolutely willing to do what need to be done for what's right.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:41:28 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm almost always of the MYOB mentality but family is a little different. They help their own when they can, and it sounds like at least the 3yr old needs your help. Too bad if that causes resentment from her mother...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top