Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:46:31 AM EDT
[#1]
No

It is a part of history
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:52:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do I support the government removal of landmarks that are historically and socially relevant to portions of the population?
Simply because a different portion of the population doesn't like them?

Of course not.

I would love to hear someone who does, explain it using logic.
View Quote
Landmarks celebrating the treason of folks, yeah no thanks.  It was a rebellion that was put down.  Now if they were landmarks celebrating the victory over the traitorous bastards that would be one thing
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:56:02 AM EDT
[#3]
No. Son of the Confederacy here. It's history not hate.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:11:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The removal of history serves one purpose, the rewriting of it....
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:15:39 AM EDT
[#5]
No.  While some officers were slaveowners, the majority of soldiers were not. One officer, Irish born Maj. Gen. Patrick Cleburne even asked the Confedearcy to free and arm its slaves.  This did not go well and it wasn't until the final month of the war when two small companies of slaves were armed and trained.  They fought during the retreat to Appomattox and were captured.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The removal of Confederate statues and place names is essentially spearheaded by ignorant liberals who do not understand history and is mostly just virtue signaling on their part and shows a gross lack of understanding about this country.
View Quote
In the early 1990s, Middle Tennessee State University changed it's mascot.  The mascot had been a confederate cavalry soldier (MTSU Raiders), but it was changed to a Pegasus (and still MTSU Raiders, which no longer made any sense).

The school paper published an interview with the students that led the drive to change the mascot, and they explained their motivation as having been sitting around one day, talking about all the social change that was brought about by college students in the 1960s and wondering what they could do.

So... yeah.  Ignorant liberals with no understanding of history and wanting to show everybody that they care.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:12:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So what are you and your "northern" neighbors going to do if that happens?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm in favor of doing anything and everything to piss off the South enough to rise again.
So what are you and your "northern" neighbors going to do if that happens?

The Yankees only populate south Florida.  They wouldn't have a choice once Florida realizes that unless it can trade enough with other countries through it's southern ports (which it couldn't), it would be forced to join Georgia, Alabama, etc.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:28:12 PM EDT
[#8]
This is some ISIS and Hitler or stalin type stuff .
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:33:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:36:14 PM EDT
[#10]
No, what long term purpose what it serve ? It's like renaming political activist streets, you wouldn't know what kind of area your in. 
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Landmarks celebrating the treason of folks, yeah no thanks.  It was a rebellion that was put down.  Now if they were landmarks celebrating the victory over the traitorous bastards that would be one thing
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do I support the government removal of landmarks that are historically and socially relevant to portions of the population?
Simply because a different portion of the population doesn't like them?

Of course not.

I would love to hear someone who does, explain it using logic.
Hey dumbass.  Name one Confederate who was convicted of treason.  Just one.  I'll give you a hint.  You're going to have a hard time trying to find one.

Knee jerk jackasses like you don't put much thought into these things, do you?  Your feelings are all you are able to go on.

LC
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:25:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Hell no and I'm the great great grandson of a Union Cavalryman.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:26:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I really don't think we should have monuments to those who tried to overthrow the government.  We don't have monuments to others who have done so
View Quote
They attempted to secede, maybe you should look up what that means in the dictionary.  Critical thinking is not your strong point, is it?

LC
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:35:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The Taliban are smiling.
View Quote
Particularly Taliban Mitch.  What an asshole.

I think when his sister Mary was kicked out of office in late 2014, he decided to get back at people any way he could.  The church shooting by Dylan Roof in 2015 gave him the chance he was looking for.  I truly think that's what this is all about, getting back at people, not that he cares for anyone other than himself.

I bet he also thought Hitlery was going to win the Presidential election and this would be a good way to piss off the people of Louisiana and get in good with the D.C. crowd.  Hitlery losing just pissed him off even more.

The good thing is even if he is successful and the monuments come down, he is going to find it rough going to stay in Louisiana.  I personally hope he's tarred, feathered, and run out of town on a rail.

LC
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top