Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 45
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did we ever figure out who was gonna play Alcibiades?
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:27:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote
How many times did he switch sides?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:28:36 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check this shit out.......the Left is indeed trying to up their ground game and must have
sack loads coming in on donations to be hiring full time positions like these

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/npo/6073678717.html

$360 to $535 per week

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/npo/6085274984.html
they can't even buy their way into acceptability.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cPhax9G1Gw
This man is The Black Knight of Berkeley.  He is a Bad Association Motor

Th
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The idea sounds good, but I can tell you've not been to a protest where they restrict things (like at Lawyers Mall in Annapolis for the 2013 protests against the latest MD anti-gun laws).

The police will check every sign - if it's not made of poster board, with at most a cardboard tube holding it up they will turn you away or take the sign.   They are not so clueless as to imagine that a plywood sign is just 'a sign'.  If there is a ban on 'shields' like Berkley you can bet wooden signs will not be allowed.

That's why the wood insert into a pack is such a great idea, they rarely check packs - other than to look in them for weapons.  Put in some water and a sweatshirt and you'll be good to go.
View Quote
Any chance of pre-staging equipment? Park a supply vehicle before the containment area is established to get around the check point searches or do they search vehicles already in the containment zone?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That guy is good. watch him switch legs for the second cut.
View Quote
That's some good passing footwork.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:37:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Is this a thread where I will not be trolled as being a complete nutbag for skin conditioning?

If I am not engaged in a lot of violent activities for extended periods then I like to keep my hide conditioned. I use a half inch diameter Delrin rod. I smack myself with it down near the ankles and work my way up - then switch hands and do the other leg - then do the arms. That way, when I take a hit it's not like getting hit for the first time. I don't go overboard - I strike just short of the intensity needed to cause bruising.

For the shoulders and chest I just use good old-fashioned pounding.

For the head I just knock on it with my knuckles like a solid door knock - all over.

This is mild compared to a real ass-beating. If you cannot do this then I would seriously question whether or not you should be on the field.

If you are scrapping all of the time then this is not really necessary.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is this a thread where I will not be trolled as being a complete nutbag for skin conditioning?

If I am not engaged in a lot of violent activities for extended periods then I like to keep my hide conditioned. I use a half inch diameter Delrin rod. I smack myself with it down near the ankles and work my way up - then switch hands and do the other leg - then do the arms. That way, when I take a hit it's not like getting hit for the first time. I don't go overboard - I strike just short of the intensity needed to cause bruising.

For the head I just knock on it with my knuckles like a solid door knock - all over.

This is mild compared to a real ass-beating. If you cannot do this then I would seriously question whether or not you should be on the field.

View Quote
So... This is the point where we join with the dominatrix thread?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If it came in smoke or reflective, that would be sweet.
View Quote
It does
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:44:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
my only prior knowledge of him was via the platonic dialogue, as the guy socrates had to go save in battle.  now i'm wiki-ing.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

my only prior knowledge of him was via the platonic dialogue, as the guy socrates had to go save in battle.  now i'm wiki-ing.
View Quote
Four times, if I recall.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He plays a central role in Thucydides History of the Peloponnesian War.  Fascinating figure.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine
In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now.

After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine.

I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Check this shit out.......the Left is indeed trying to up their ground game and must have

$360 to $535 per week

View Quote
Nothing says :anarchists" quite like a full time paid position... Odd, that doesn't seem to be $15.00 an hour.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine
In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now.

After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine.

I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uhmmmm, did you mean to post that here?

Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

lol. Yeah, I dont see antifa getting very far in the Panhandle.

Maybe create an EAL, paint a redline somewhere and challenge anyone that gets close?
View Quote
Turn away from the sound of my voice, commie bastard!
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:59:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
No, Luis, he didn't.  You're mistaken.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:01:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Your homework tonight is to watch American Psycho.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Not  a bad design but it needs some work.

Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My interest in the Peloponesian Wars and Greek tactics has finally found a use.

Time for a quick reminder of some of the basics.

There was a time Heavy Infantry and Light Infantry had meaning.

Heavy Infantry, the Hoplites,  took and held ground.  They were armored, disciplined and strong.  They comprised the core of the Greek Armies.  Ground was of value.  In the Hellenes, good land was hard to come by.  Those who owned it gained strength.  Those who lost it lost strength.  

Land was of value.  But also of value, which the greeks embraced, was the war of annihilation.  here cavalry and light infantry, which could pursue and harass a broken enemy, came into their own as the retreating rabble were encumbered by their own heavy armor and, having broken, could be taken by swarms of Peltasts and cavalrymen.

While obviously you can't annihilate the enemy (aka Antifa and their black bloc allies) in this fight you must continue the pursuit, as was successfully done in the latest Battle of Berkley.

So whats the point of this quick history lesson.

The battles will be of two stages; the meeting of the heavy infantry and the pursuit of the broken enemy.  Both are essential.  While the main line can do this, forces dedicated to each ensure that both will occur.  

But pursue for what?

GREAT QUESTION!

Moldilocks wanted scalps.

Well, it just so happens the black block has scalps.

A point scale.

1 point for a bandana
3 points for a black jacket
5 points for a leather jacket.
20 points for an antifa flag.

100 points for a picture taken with a zip tied known leader of BAMN/Antifa etc forced to wear a MAGA hat.

Remember your Homer!  The stripping of enemy dead (or at least embarrassed) is an ancient and honorable hobby.  

While you will get a few bandanas and jackets during the meeting of the heavy infantry; its in the pursuit where the real money will be made.  So pursuit is mandatory.  Pursuit is the reason for the fight in the first place.  You fight to break the enemy, and then you pursue them until you can pursue them no longer.

Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

We must have objectives beyond simply the defense of speakers.  A humiliated enemy to be mocked for all eternity.

And every time antifags come against the forces of Kek, we will broadcast our victories and we can declare, with Quantifiable means, how many points each battle earned.  And the Pepes across the land can boast with pride that their ass whooping of Antifa was 250 points higher than someone elses.

No individual's score will matter.  Only the cumulative score for the mass of Pepes in that battle will matter.

And pepes can hang with pride captured flags and bandanas as triumphs in the age old combat.

Anyway.  Just an old soldiers observation of a new era of warfare looking remarkably a lot like an old era of warfare.
View Quote

You don't happen to offer a newsletter, do you?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

He plays a central role in Thucydides History of the Peloponnesian War.  Fascinating figure.
View Quote
you're not kidding.  i was originally chuckling at the idea of a guy getting pulled into antifa and having to get pulled out.  i'm discovering that RA's comment ran a bit deeper than that.

Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:06:36 PM EDT
[#21]
What is old is new again!

I would love see this idea play out against Antifa the level of awesome would be orgasmic.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
On the issue of gloves, what about traditional muay thai rope handwraps?  for the straight up melee guys

with the knots of course.
https://c1.staticflickr.com/2/1280/1369836886_1563a8d6de_b.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/19/80/d4/1980d4ada8a9d25f4cf9eac665513751.jpg
View Quote
Cultural appropriation?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:12:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:12:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

$360 to $535 per week

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just looked on FB and didn't find any notable presence of Antifa. Just a couple small groups, less than 2 dozen followers.

Can I hoplite if there is no one to Hoplite against?

$360 to $535 per week

Someone should infiltrate and wreck them from within
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
When I last saw it, this was a 2 page thread and I was thinking "fire extinguishers would work for Molotovs" and within a page it was addressed by a pro.  The hive delivers.

What I haven't seen addressed is a way to deal with one of Antifa's other weapons of choice:
http://16004-presscdn-0-50.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/antifa-trash-575x383.jpg

In our context, I'm not sure if I'd call that a siege weapon - though it probably is; but I think of countermeasures against it in terms of how to stop vehicles.

First off, it's public/garbage company property, so it's uncool for Pepes to destroy.

However, mobility kills can be achieved without any real, lasting damage.

As anyone who's ever been on tracked vehicles knows, this is the enemy of mobility:
https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/pict/322346006888_/Wf16u-Field-Telephone-Speaker-Military-Radio-Wire-1000.jpg

To describe the effects, think of when you had an RC car as a kid and drove it on carpet... and then your mom's/sister's/hippie uncle's long hair strands in the carpet got wrapped around the axle.  It doesn't take a very strong wire/strand to disable a wheel.

Thicker stuff does worse, as this poor AAV shows:
https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-d7f23ac4d089a8ec8be5d82778e27614-c
The likelihood of disabling an antifa dumpster-ram when already being pushed is going to be beyond the scope of what could be feasibly accomplished by use of binding the axles with wire/string/cord.  Pepes aren't going to start laying out concertina wire in Berkeley.

But prescouting the locations of likely battles and wrapping nearby dumpster casters/wheels in something like shoestrings or 550 cord would be sufficient that it would hinder use as a weapon during a melee; but for the dumpster company/sanitation workers they'd represent maybe a three minute fix with a pocketknife.  A few trips around the tiny caster axles would probably be sufficient to disable the dumpster.  You could even leave a length of your tangling agent hanging off the end to aid workers in removal after the Antifa riot has ended - it seems unlikely that any of the Antifa cretins will understand why the wheels are binding, just thatthe wheels are binding.  Obviously if they understood such concepts as cause and effect, they wouldn't be antifa.

You've removed Antifa's ability to use an urban battery ram by giving it wheels that turn even worse than those on shopping carts.

To use their own Alinsky against them - a tactic that drags on is a drag... and the literal drag of trying to push a dumpster 100 yards on seized wheels would probably deter most of the lazy Antifa from continuing their attempt.

It would also have the side benefit of preserving property for the public/company because the dumpster wouldn't be overturned, smashed, and set on fire in the middle of a melee - instead it would sit out the brawl as a mobility kill, and one relatively easily fixed by sanitation workers (again, using shoelaces/550 cord/surveyors string or something easy to cut out and remove... not using comm wire).
View Quote
You know the first pic is all weather mil phone wire right?

Concertina wire is in huge bundles
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have seen more vehicles stopped by commo wire than concertina
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn.

My recommendation for pre staging of gear (shields) would be to contact the UC Berkeley college republicans who sponsored Coulter

Preload shields under stage/equipment during set up, have students pass them out overnight the ropeline when it goes pear.

Or have them stash them inside the closest building under a staircase of something.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:28:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:28:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You did see the 
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:31:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
M-80s are fun but if you really want to start some shit, smuggle some 2"mortar shells (fireworks) in and throw them in their midst
It's what we do did for fun. Mrs. DoW put a ban on them a couple years ago when one went off under the Propane tank

Roman candles are a real crowd breaker

Hope you made it out without any serious injuries. Stay safe
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Posters in this thread have been physically attacked by Antifa?
IF we're talking receiving incoming M-80s, etc.

IN FACT, I HAVE

https://uccatholics.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/campanile.jpg
M-80s are fun but if you really want to start some shit, smuggle some 2"mortar shells (fireworks) in and throw them in their midst
It's what we do did for fun. Mrs. DoW put a ban on them a couple years ago when one went off under the Propane tank

Roman candles are a real crowd breaker

Hope you made it out without any serious injuries. Stay safe
Or get some of those Saturn battery multi-shot fireworks and light them off............followed by some whistling chasers
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
No.

There is a reason hockey players drop gloves when they fight.

Taping your wrist and fingers and putting a light leather glove over them is much better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and people forget that gloves protect the hands much more than they protect the target.  virtually all the energy still gets transferred even with pillowy gloves--hockey gloves would be almost ideal.
No.

There is a reason hockey players drop gloves when they fight.

Taping your wrist and fingers and putting a light leather glove over them is much better.
Palm strikes are better than punching.  There's a reason palm strikes are illegal in boxing, and it has nothing to do with where the padding on the glove is.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Use of gloves in MMA was started by fighters who wanted to punch. The boxer in UFC 1 wore one glove. By about UFC 5 grappling gloves were being brought in by some fighters.

The glove protects the hand. I believe it reduces the surface damage the person on the other end receives, but not the aspect of the blow that produces a knock out. You spin the head with a jaw strike just the same. But you are less likely to knock out a tooth. Of course this is with respect to ring/cage gloves, you could devise gloves that increase the surface damage on the opponent.
View Quote
Knockouts typically happen from the brain richoceting off the back of the skull from a fast strike.  

The purpose of wrapping and gloves in boxing is to keep strikers from breaking their fingers on heads, which in turn allows people to punch with more of their power in a punch.  With no wraps or gloves, swinging for the fences at an evading opponent is a great way to end up with broken fingers.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:40:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I hope we are not teaching people to fight with closed fists. A well struck jab with the palm delivers a potent blow of energy from the Radius and the Ulna with very little energy lost to the padding of the palm - all without the risk of broken fingers, broken Metacarpals and broken wrists. "Fistfighting" is OK for mano-a-mano fighting. Many of these are likely to be protracted engagements and you will not want to be fighting the bulk of the time with a broken hand.

I find it interesting that here on a firearms related site that we are going so down to the base core on account of prosecutorial bias. This level of pragmatism must be maintained. I salute the OP for keeping this thread on the rails. The Joe Biden "Shoot them through the door" approach will only land all of us in prison.
View Quote
I see I was beaten on my recommendation.

Let me add that if you're doing palm strikes it also looks to the camera as if you're just trying to push people away.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:41:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I hope we are not teaching people to fight with closed fists. A well struck jab with the palm delivers a potent blow of energy from the Radius and the Ulna with very little energy lost to the padding of the palm - all without the risk of broken fingers, broken Metacarpals and broken wrists. "Fistfighting" is OK for mano-a-mano fighting. Many of these are likely to be protracted engagements and you will not want to be fighting the bulk of the time with a broken hand.

I find it interesting that here on a firearms related site that we are going so down to the base core on account of prosecutorial bias. This level of pragmatism must be maintained. I salute the OP for keeping this thread on the rails. The Joe Biden "Shoot them through the door" approach will only land all of us in prison.
View Quote
A fist adds 4-7 inches of reach to a strike compared to the palm.  That's not insignificant.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#36]
What about bicycles?  I know I've seen video of riot control officers using bikes as barriers & weapons.  Anyone thought about that?   Bike gear w/ a bike would also look natural, and this would give people mobility if there was open space.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:49:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Yeah.  Never mind.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:58:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Organizer calls for protest of Ann Coulter at Cal
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:59:11 PM EDT
[#39]
@eesmith

A 3/4" wrench taped to each forearm will keep an axe handle from taking you out of the fight. A forearm smash to the face with one of these will end your opponent's will to fight.

6.99 for a full set at harbor freight.

Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:35:18 PM EDT
[#40]
We coming from throughout the state Mr. Hoku.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Nothing says :anarchists" quite like a full time paid position... Odd, that doesn't seem to be $15.00 an hour.
View Quote
Please, do not conflate these people with anarchists. The name Anarcho-Communist was a derisive moniker that we stuck on these jerkoffs back around 1991 or 1992. We had no dream that they would embrace it. We chose the term because of the complete intellectual vacancy that it implied - that these fools think that Anarchy and Communism are compatible political systems. Anyone that embraces Marxism abandons Anarchy.

Even if these people were Anarchists, there is no compunction within the philosophy of living outside of government that prohibits gainful employment.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:12:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

A fist adds 4-7 inches of reach to a strike compared to the palm.  That's not insignificant.
View Quote
Also the palm strike risks jammed fingers
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:14:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Please, do not conflate these people with anarchists. The name Anarcho-Communist was a derisive moniker that we stuck on these jerkoffs back around 1991 or 1992. We had no dream that they would embrace it. We chose the term because of the complete intellectual vacancy that it implied - that these fools think that Anarchy and Communism are compatible political systems. Anyone that embraces Marxism abandons Anarchy.

Even if these people were Anarchists, there is no compunction within the philosophy of living outside of government that prohibits gainful employment.
View Quote
Marxist theory ends in a stateless utopia
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:19:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
...just wire in general. I saw a van that hooked some safety wire or bailing wire on the highway. It wrapped around the driveline and one of the axles, cutting a brake line and some other stuff. It took hours to clear.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:20:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What about physical scalps?
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:31:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is not my first party. In the past several years I have done more actual fighting than I have sparring. When you are in a full tilt melee that Spanish Circle standoff stuff is null and void. Spanish Circle falls apart rapidly after the opponents exceed quantity one.

I also respectfully disagree with your numbers. I have size XXXL hands and my Metacarpals are 4 inches total. A fist strike only gains me a total of about 2 inches when you account for my palm. Stance and foot movement cover the rest for me. I still have the 3 Stooges eye-poke thing going also, so I'm squared for distance. It's been ages since I fist punched someone and I do not miss it a bit.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:31:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
In the interest of safety for anyone who never fought for sport--when you make a fist the thumb goes on the OUTSIDE of the fingers and NOT inside.
Also, when you punch you hit with the front of your first two knuckles ONLY.
The knuckle on your little finger is fragile and will break if you hit with it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:36:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
The jammed fingers is something I hear about but have never seen. The broken Metatarsals is something I have personally witnessed. I have seen Metatarsals that would never heal properly because the hand is a pre-tensioned system.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:01:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The jammed fingers is something I hear about but have never seen. The broken Metatarsals is something I have personally witnessed. I have seen Metatarsals that would never heal properly because the hand is a pre-tensioned system.
View Quote
I was horsing around with friends and got kicked in my left hand trying to block a blow with my palm (like in a Bruce Lee movie) .
My finger broke and swelled up and I had to cut my wedding ring off with a hacksaw.
To this day I no longer wear a wedding ring.
It was a fortunate blow because I came to realize that I knew next to nothing about fighting and was too dependent of size and strength at the expense of technique.
That's what got me started on taekwando ( I am a black belt from a real organization and taught, fought and judged for many years) and which enabled me later to save my own life.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:51:05 PM EDT
[#50]
BASED STICKMAN DROPS SOME KNOWLEDGE
Page / 45
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top